AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index II - Episode 17 Rating
Perfect 10 67 53.60%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 40 32.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 10.40%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 0.80%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.60%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.80%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.80%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 125. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-02-06, 01:49   Link #121
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoarfrost View Post
I would think that someone like Kanzaki or Itsuwa would be more popular among male readers.

My personal favorite, Laura, will be in the next episode. Woman in power and a huge troll? Can't beat her.
Tsunderes are almost always the most popular in every series that has one. 2nd female leads are also very popular these days (Kuroneko from Ore No Imouto, Hinagiku from Hayate no Gotoku or Kyou and Tomoyo from CLANNAD) and Mikoto fits both categories.
Old 2011-02-06, 01:52   Link #122
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I have to say Accelerator's accidental walking into the washroom is so much better than when Touma does it. It probably helps him that there isn't one person there that's going to have a reaction like Index and start biting people. LO is just going to be embarrassed and the others are adults who accept that not locking the door is half of the fault. Of course not like Accelerator is apologizing either. I do feel for the situation he's currently in. Not being able to even listen to the TV well without the network is pretty bad. Luckily there aren't many who can match up against him even with his weakened state and limited fighting time. Of course doubt they won't find someone since it'd be boring otherwise.

I liked giving some focus to the Mikoto 'date' though of course nothing quite works out. Funny to watch them trying to get a good picture and struggling with it. Of course the whole thing is going to be awkward with Mikoto being a tsundere (and struggling to be honest about her feelings) and Touma being a dense harem lead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahelo View Post
Tsunderes are almost always the most popular in every series that has one. 2nd female leads are also very popular these days (Kuroneko from Ore No Imouto, Hinagiku from Hayate no Gotoku or Kyou and Tomoyo from CLANNAD) and Mikoto fits both categories.
Yeah perfectly good reasons why Mikoto has her popularity besides just her likable qualities. Besides she gets far more screen time than someone like Kanzaki and presence helps.
Old 2011-02-06, 01:58   Link #123
LeftHandofGod

Funny Episode and a lot of new stuff 10/10 !!
Best Parts:
-New OP with GROUP ^^
-WINTER Clothes !!
-Accel+LO talking about Komoe's age
-Touma being Mikoto's slave (Too bad Kuroko keeps on bothering them > )
-Misaka 10032 suddenly pulls out a Gun !

Can't wait for Kihara vs Accel like in the Opening
LeftHandofGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-06, 02:22   Link #124
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

I'm in the camp that likes the new opening sequence.

For ONCE in the franchise (not counting the Railgun OVA, of course), the title song is not a dark, sad pulsating and downbeat song that brings a sense of sand bittersweet desperation.

Rather, it is an bright upbeat, positive, heroic and uplifting melody, to the backdrop of energetic day scenes that FINALLY brings forth the idealisitc heroism that defines the soul of the saga:

That caring, going out and making a difference with a brave heart and smile is worth a damn and the right thing to do.

Sorry for the rambling, but this is the most honest way I can express about how much I love this new Opening Song and Title Sequence.
Old 2011-02-06, 03:43   Link #125
jery626
Full Metal Panic!

is that Laxus fighting Accelerator on the new OP?
jery626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-06, 04:00   Link #126
Aki-Furaba
Level 5 ESPer

complete list for the light novel award 2011 that to aru series won.

Kono Light Novel ga Sugoi! (このライトノベルがすごい!) 2011
1st place in Best Novel Series, Kazuma Kamachi
1st place in Best Illustrator, Kiyotaka Haimura
1st place in Best Male Character, Kamijou Touma
2nd place in Best Male Character, Accelerator
1st place in Best Female Character, Misaka Mikoto
3rd place in Best Female Character, Index
7th place in Best Female Character, Itsuwa
1st place in Best Character, Kamijou Touma
2nd place in Best Character, Misaka Mikoto
3rd place in Best Character, Accelerator

spamming pwnge.

Check out my novel project: Musei Ansatsusha! A sci-fi action comedy with a rich universe you will not be disappointed in! Support my project and "like" the facebook page!!! Thanks!
Aki-Furaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-06, 04:35   Link #127
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zibi88 View Post
ehhh seriously I kinda hope that Kuroko disappears from this show... she kinda ruins it with her lesbian jelousy.... she is selfish like hell... she doesnt consider Misakas feelings but thinks only about herself.... misaka clearly stated that she is not interested in Yuri that she is streight... yet kuroko has to ruin misakas day as she had fun...

for me she is not needed in index series... railgun be it... but not here >__< I kinda had enought of her already ;/

anyway funny episode... next will be the continuation of this :P but with misaka clones in it XD
Agreed.

In Railgun, Kuroko was fine for starters. But now, she's getting bloody annoying with her jealousy and there are times when I hope Mikoto (or the creators for God's sake) will just ditch Kuroko and her selfishness. In other words, Kuroko can feck off for all that I care.

Except for that, the rest was excellent and I don't think I should add more than everything said so far.
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-06, 04:36   Link #128
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aki-Furaba View Post
complete list for the light novel award 2011 that to aru series won.

Kono Light Novel ga Sugoi! (このライトノベルがすごい!) 2011
1st place in Best Novel Series, Kazuma Kamachi
1st place in Best Illustrator, Kiyotaka Haimura
1st place in Best Male Character, Kamijou Touma
2nd place in Best Male Character, Accelerator
1st place in Best Female Character, Misaka Mikoto
3rd place in Best Female Character, Index
7th place in Best Female Character, Itsuwa
1st place in Best Character, Kamijou Touma
2nd place in Best Character, Misaka Mikoto
3rd place in Best Character, Accelerator

spamming pwnge.
[Kuroko fanboy takes over]

That list fails for not having Kuorko scoring on it.

[/Kuroko fanboy takes over]

On the note of Mikoto having popularity from being a tsundere, it's mortifying, and somewhat ironic, that Kuroko would probably be tsundere herself if she were to ever develop feelings for Touma or any male character to clash with her Oneesama addiction, and thus have more popularity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post
Agreed.

In Railgun, Kuroko was fine for starters. But now, she's getting bloody annoying with her jealousy and there are times when I hope Mikoto (or the creators for God's sake) will just ditch Kuroko and her selfishness. In other words, Kuroko can feck off for all that I care.

Except for that, the rest was excellent and I don't think I should add more than everything said so far.
If Kuroko were to ever get a guy to fall for, that would actually solve that problem. (fat chance though ) If she were to fall for Touma, her meddling would naturally just get worse of course.
Old 2011-02-06, 04:44   Link #129
Aki-Furaba
Level 5 ESPer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post

On the note of Mikoto having popularity from being a tsundere, it's mortifying, and somewhat ironic, that Kuroko would probably be tsundere herself if she were to ever develop feelings for Touma or any male character to clash with her Oneesama addiction, and thus have more popularity.
hmmm....instead of tsundere...i'd say YANDERE. If Kuroko ever falls for Touma and caught him with other girls, she would not just kick him:

Spoiler for she would...:

Check out my novel project: Musei Ansatsusha! A sci-fi action comedy with a rich universe you will not be disappointed in! Support my project and "like" the facebook page!!! Thanks!
Aki-Furaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-06, 06:09   Link #130
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

I don't know, but the way Mikoto said 'penalty game' reminded me of this...

Seems like JC Staff's switching the order around. Well, as long as they cover the content, I'm fine with it.

'The time for revolution has come'. One thing's for sure, the Imoutos don't like to share.
Hell_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-06, 06:17   Link #131
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
'The time for revolution has come'. One thing's for sure, the Imoutos don't like to share.
I've been very worried about that...

Are the goggles some sort of personality inhibitor that stops her from going psycho or something, and when Last Order snatched it off her she turns evil?
Old 2011-02-06, 06:28   Link #132
Bikerider
Senior Rider of Bikes

Last Order is so cute trying to do the spoiled brat trantrum thing and not getting anywhere with Misaka 10032.
Bikerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-06, 06:54   Link #133
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui Is My Wife View Post

Are the goggles some sort of personality inhibitor that stops her from going psycho or something, and when Last Order snatched it off her she turns evil?
Remember what happened to 19090 in the same episode? Nope, that's not the case.
Hell_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-06, 07:17   Link #134
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui Is My Wife View Post

They let her see electrons
Old 2011-02-06, 07:41   Link #135
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
the bathroom scene, i was hoping to expecting that Accel yells ~FUKOUDAAAA!!!!~
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-06, 08:15   Link #136
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

If kuroko fell for touma that would just ruin the whole series.
I_am_Kami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-06, 08:27   Link #137
Qikz

Kuroko was amazing this episode, especially when she was suprised how not common Touma was by using one of the ultimate mi'lady style moves of a butler. Then when she joins in, as Touma runs off you just see Kuroko in this burnt pile of ash on the floor where she'd been shot.

Glad there's lots more Misaka now. Index isn't the most interesting character in my opinion.
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-06, 08:51   Link #138
bizzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post
You're my friend
Kamikoto is the next stage of evolution
bizzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-06, 10:51   Link #139
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
Remember what happened to 19090 in the same episode? Nope, that's not the case.
Just goes to show there is a bit of Mikoto in the Sisters.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-06, 12:51   Link #140
kitten320

This episode was different in a good way. Finally more screentime for others, especially for forgotten characters.

Was suprised to see one sister acting all shy and others going into rage mode on her at the end.

Since I'm not big Touma/Misaka fan, their scenes weren't that exciting for me but they did have some nice moments^^ I actually hope that Touma will stay obliviouse towards Misaka as he is mostly, I prefer him with some other characters more...

Loved the part with Kuroko where she looks like Medusa when she comes after Uiharu, poor girl will have nightmares

And it was one epic ending

They better keep it up like that, with getting others involved more often isntead of following the same routine "We the church something will dominate the world until Touma punches the shit out of us".