I disagree with you all.

Well, how old is he?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-02, 17:52   Link #2302
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Geez, I kinda have to question Sinbad's morals even further for trying to hook up with a 13-year old girl, no matter how tall or developed her body may be!
In case you forgot, he's only 14 right now.
Old 2013-11-02, 17:58   Link #2303
marvelB

^*Smacks forehead* Crap, I DID forget that he was still that young! My bad, then. Well, just chalk it up to him being a typical teen with a raging libido, then.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-03, 15:18   Link #2304
shalala

I too believe that the nameless guy is Hinahoho. Given this is about him and his generals. As for the spoilers that have been mentioned I'm hoping they are fake. Sadly I going to be wrong T_T.
shalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-03, 15:35   Link #2305
Breimoon

scans came out. Q8"Try to describe Alibaba's mental state in less then 30 characters"-> fukou da!
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-03, 15:50   Link #2306
Awrya
U mad?

Read 202, interesting chapter.

We get Alibaba'a thoughts on Balbadd's situation, now I can't wait for them to arrive in Balbadd.

So Olba&co have better control over their magic tools now, a water sword capable on bending is very similar to Sharrkan's household vessel, guess their personalities were not the only thing influenced by Sharrkan.
I remember people speculating about Toto becoming part of Alibaba's household since 143, it finally came true.
Olba's magic item is also now his household vessel, if his magic item retained its original water magic, he's capable of using both water and fire magic and may be able to combine them into a greater magic.

Speaking of which, the phoenix-looking household spirit looks exactly the same as Morgianna's, so household spirits of one Djinn all look the same?

Two chapters ago we got a chapter about how Alibaba is/was unable to get a girlfriend, Olba got one after knowing her for a few weeks.

Alibaba is happy about two new household members and wonders how many household a Djinn can give, he probably thought it was one each seeing Sinbad's 7 Djinns and 7 household vessels.
For some reason I thought about twitter, with each new household member being one more follower.
He now has 3 followers, close to Kouen's (presumably) 4, with Sinbad's 7 not too far away, but Hakuei is the most 'popular' king vessel with over 100 followers.
Old 2013-11-03, 16:03   Link #2307
Breimoon

what i wonder about Hakuryuu', household vessels should not hold on to metal items?? Or maybe part of their bodies itself is made of metal and we can't see it from manga image?
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-03, 16:57   Link #2308
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

I haven't laughed this hard in a while...I was crying from laughing too hard at that ending xD
They broke Alibaba!

Alibaba....please, never stop being the comic relief!
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-03, 17:09   Link #2309
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The ending had me laughing way too hard. Poor Alibaba, he gained two more subjects, but lost something precious in return
Old 2013-11-03, 18:13   Link #2310
ChampDream
Alive

Lol Alibaba, don't worry you still got that ape in Reim XD
Old 2013-11-03, 19:04   Link #2311
Diveman

NOOO ALIBABA!!!!!!!! it's ok you still have Mor...or the ape
Diveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-03, 20:30   Link #2312
hamazura
whatever

ALIBABA!!!!
"y-yeah..."

pls mrs.author, i dont want to see more olba-toto lovey dovey screen time in the future, IT HURTS!!!!!
Old 2013-11-03, 20:41   Link #2313
CBredbeard
Banned

Is it just me or is Morgiana speaking more? Maybe a year in a hole with a hermit taught her to speak her mind?

Olba isn't even 16 yet and Toto is over 21. And what the hell is a monkey boss?
CBredbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-03, 20:43   Link #2314
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Alibaba, forever alone.
Old 2013-11-03, 22:03   Link #2315
shalala

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampDream View Post
Lol Alibaba, don't worry you still got that ape in Reim XD
AND A RABBIT WITH LONG CLAWS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
I haven't laughed this hard in a while...I was crying from laughing too hard at that ending xD
They broke Alibaba!

Alibaba....please, never stop being the comic relief!
I know right. To me it does not beat chapter 200. But it could tie 2nd or third. At first I wasn't happy with the OlbaxToto couple but after reading the chapter I quite like how it turned out. Also it is nice to see Alibaba's influence on people coming along nicely. Sure he is not a power hitter like Sinbad or En but in his own way he slowly brings people together with out him noticing that he does it. Plus the way he is a swell guy always helping people. Much liek Toto explained this chapter. I feel like this new Arc will be more about Alibaba growth as a king that can lead people.
shalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-03, 23:37   Link #2316
Sixth
Hu Tao

Alibaba should hook up with Kougyoku!
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-04, 00:53   Link #2317
Rainrir
Tin Can

@ MONKEY BOSS

This was in Book 15's Omake

Toto's type of man is someone like "boss monkey": called "Bro", wild, with blood type B and who looks after you, meaning e.g. Kassim.

Olba has some resemblance to Kassim actually, just less angry at the world in general.
Rainrir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-04, 01:37   Link #2318
Raviel

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalala View Post

I know right. To me it does not beat chapter 200. But it could tie 2nd or third. At first I wasn't happy with the OlbaxToto couple but after reading the chapter I quite like how it turned out. Also it is nice to see Alibaba's influence on people coming along nicely. Sure he is not a power hitter like Sinbad or En but in his own way he slowly brings people together with out him noticing that he does it. Plus the way he is a swell guy always helping people. Much liek Toto explained this chapter. I feel like this new Arc will be more about Alibaba growth as a king that can lead people.
Now that you mention it, I think this arc could serve as the starting point for some sort of antagonism between Alibaba and Sinbad, especially if Kougyoku is going to be present at the summit later on.

Considering the "difficulities" Kouen presents to Sinbad and his plans, you can bet Sinbad will play all the cards he has to ensure a favorable outcome for him during the negotiations.

That said, it would be nice to see Alibaba form his own group of followers that are independent of the greater powers of the series (i.e. Sinbad and Kouen).

..............and then we all laugh as each of Alibaba's followers get hooked up one after the other while he is still (relatively) unpopular with women.

P.S. A chapter with Alibaba going to Sinbad and Sharkkan for advice on picking up girls would be one of the best things to happen to this series
Raviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-04, 01:43   Link #2319
liro
Super Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
Alibaba should hook up with Kougyoku!
+1 He should hook up with Kougyoku, marry her, and have a son. Then Morgiana will end up marrying Ali's son.
Old 2013-11-04, 02:06   Link #2320
hawkeyesvn
The old ace of Arlington

Oh boy, this chapter made me feel so sad for Alibaba. It's like the guy can never get a break from being the series' butt monkey. When it comes to his personal life, it's like the Rukh hate him or something like that.

Betcha that he was probably thinking: "....Curse you, Destiny!!".

About Balbadd, I don't think the country' state is economically bad since Kouen doesn't seem like a bad leader. Beside, he's the one chose it so it means he knew it's safe to stay there ( You don't want to negotiate with your potential enemy among hundred of thousands angrypeople, right?". The country probably have a different kind of problem like: being turned into a huge outpost for future war or turning into a military state filled with warmongers.

Last edited by hawkeyesvn; 2013-11-04 at 02:47.
hawkeyesvn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, licensed, manga, shounen