AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2006-11-14, 08:51   Link #81
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauthi View Post
I replied saying that he thought he would have to at least put his goal on hold for the better of the village, as he had been doing. Again in my very first post :

Kakashi approaches him about this after he starts to seriously think about running away (his fight with naruto). He started obsessing about it, making him think he wasnt powerful enough, so he would leave and seek power. Kakashi tried to stop this. Notice he didn't say anything about his revenge before this incident.

Certainly if his opponent was Itatchi, he could have his revenge while in leaf. But at that point it was uncertain if he would have enough power or get the chance if he stayed doing missions for leaf. Itatchi also lead him to believe he was less powerful for staying.

He might have softened to the point of not wanting to kill his brother, but thats a matter of opinion, hardly fact. I think what dictated his actions mostly was power. There probably was a good part of him that thought he might lose sight of his goal as well however.
Sight Im not saying he would had not faced Itahci, Im saying that staying in Konoha would had changed his mindset and made him forget about his Goal, Sasuke Goal is Kill his brother, goal that was straying even after 1 or 2 month of been together with Naruto, imagine 3 years? I picture Sasuke with a Jackets just like the one Naruto uses.

And Itahci did not say anything about Been week because he was in Konoha, that was the sound 4 line.

Last edited by Rurik; 2006-11-14 at 09:11.
Rurik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-14, 21:47   Link #82
Suna no tate
Akatsuki Bart is Tobi

That Sasuke. Always screwing up. If he really wanted to be stronger right away and wanted drugs to do that, he could just take one of Chouji's pills... I don't know how anyone still likes that guy. He's a traitor!
Suna no tate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-14, 21:54   Link #83
Razz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suna no tate View Post
That Sasuke. Always screwing up. If he really wanted to be stronger right away and wanted drugs to do that, he could just take one of Chouji's pills... I don't know how anyone still likes that guy. He's a traitor!
I would've done the same thing. Kakashi just doesn't cut it as a sensei.
Razz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-14, 21:56   Link #84
Dauthi
Searching for the Cure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik View Post
Sight Im not saying he would had not faced Itahci, Im saying that staying in Konoha would had changed his mindset and made him forget about his Goal, Sasuke Goal is Kill his brother, goal that was straying even after 1 or 2 month of been together with Naruto, imagine 3 years? I picture Sasuke with a Jackets just like the one Naruto uses.

And Itahci did not say anything about Been week because he was in Konoha, that was the sound 4 line.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauthi
There probably was a good part of him that thought he might lose sight of his goal as well however.
Already stated that it was part of why he left. I still believe it was mostly about power though.

His brother insinuated he should leave because he was weak. He implied he wasn't hateful enough to compete with itatchi, which is why he was still weak compared to him.
Dauthi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-15, 09:09   Link #85
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Already stated that it was part of why he left. I still believe it was mostly about power though.

His brother insinuated he should leave because he was weak. He implied he wasn't hateful enough to compete with itatchi, which is why he was still weak compared to him.
Yeah, but I’m basically talking about the difference in gaining power in staying and gaining it leaving, and the difference will lie that staying would had make him Stray and even reconsider his Revenge goal. Im really not talkin about what Sasuke touhg, but rather what the Manga told us the reader about the difference in Staying and leaving.

Quote:
Itachi did not insinuated nothing about it, he Just said he lacked Hatred, and that’s it, if you think that this Sentence is somehow Itachi implying that he needs to leave, that’s fine, But I don’t think its that way, the ones that put the Leave Konoha to gain power were Oro who invited him saying "Seek me out to gain more power" and the Sound four who practically say that in his face.
Old 2006-11-15, 09:42   Link #86
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik
Itachi did not insinuated nothing about it, he Just said he lacked Hatred, and that’s it, if you think that this Sentence is somehow Itachi implying that he needs to leave, that’s fine, But I don’t think its that way, the ones that put the Leave Konoha to gain power were Oro who invited him saying "Seek me out to gain more power" and the Sound four who practically say that in his face.
Hate to interrupt a debate between two people, but it does makes sense that Itachi's statement insinuates he meant for Sasuke to leave Konoha. He calls him weak and then says it's because of his lack of hatred. It seems that it would be hard to nurture hatred when you are surrounded by friends who care about you like Sasuke was in Konoha. The same philosophy is probably a large part of why Itachi killed the Uchiha clan, because he felt they were holding him back. It's fairly obivous that Itachi wants Sasuke to follow in his footsteps towards gaining power, which is why he told him to kill his best friend to gain MS. So the undertone of the statement is that Itachi intended for Sasuke to leave Konoha. Did he intend for him to seek out Orochimaru for power? Highly unlikely, but he did want him to break ties with his village.
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-15, 10:00   Link #87
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
Hate to interrupt a debate between two people, but it does makes sense that Itachi's statement insinuates he meant for Sasuke to leave Konoha. He calls him weak and then says it's because of his lack of hatred. It seems that it would be hard to nurture hatred when you are surrounded by friends who care about you like Sasuke was in Konoha. The same philosophy is probably a large part of why Itachi killed the Uchiha clan, because he felt they were holding him back. It's fairly obivous that Itachi wants Sasuke to follow in his footsteps towards gaining power, which is why he told him to kill his best friend to gain MS. So the undertone of the statement is that Itachi intended for Sasuke to leave Konoha. Did he intend for him to seek out Orochimaru for power? Highly unlikely, but he did want him to break ties with his village.
Nah, I don’t think so, Itachi got powerful enough inside Konoha and Hateful enough while been in Konoha and he did get very powerful as Leaving Konoha was not even the reason why he got powerful. (and we are talking about someone who had a lot of people who cared about him, even more than Sasuke had)

In essence Itachi way of Get power is the opposite of what good guys do to get power: Gain power by Killing your best friend (i.e. Get power by Hatred) vs. Gain power By Protecting those that are important to you (i.e get power by Love). The Fact that Itahci said to him, “you lack hatred” could be more tied to ”Remember how to get power, Kill your best Friend (ie, get power by Hatred)”, Itachi Did not lacked Hatred, He Killed his best friend, and reason why he got powerful enough to be stronger than a Sanin.

That’s how I see it. I don’t see why Itachi would Care if Sasuke leave or stay, given Itachi himself got Hateful enough without leaving Konoha.
Old 2006-11-15, 16:44   Link #88
s-class uchiha
Naruto = Painful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
I also think it is sort of implied and Itachi didn't seem to pleased to see that Sasuke had the curse seal, though i think its interesting that he knew what chidori was.

I don't think that Itachi was implying to Sasuke to do anything in particular, but that he was lacking in resolve, prb to get him to really start going buck wild training.
s-class uchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-15, 18:04   Link #89
Half Demon
Wanted D or A 300,000,000

orochimaru is not exactly going to make sasuke stronger than itachi cause if that had happened he would have start searching for itachi to beat him but that's not wat orochimaru wants he wants his body as a container for himself. well my point is that if sasuke some how barely reaches itachi level then he wont give his body oro since he cant beat oro at his current level then he have to run for his body.....
Half Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-15, 21:39   Link #90
Suna no tate
Akatsuki Bart is Tobi

Actually Oro really wants Sasuke's eyes... or genes depending on how you look at it. I bet if he was offered a somehow permament eye transplant similar to Kakashi's under the condition that he wouldn't have to train that brat Sasuke and could just kill him instead , orochimaru would probably take it. After all, all he needs are those sharingan eyes and near the full power of the Uchiha clan will be at his disposal. He'd be able to learn all the jutsus as he wanted and it would most likely enhance all his other jutsus.The uchiha body just helps in easing the use of the eyes, but as Kakashi has shown, its not necessary to effectively use them. Even better, we know Orochimaru has much more chakra than kakashi so he wouldn't even get as tired. I mean 3 bishamon gates? regenerative jutsus as well?...
Old 2006-11-15, 23:51   Link #91
Dauthi
Searching for the Cure

Quote:
Originally Posted by s-class uchiha View Post
I also think it is sort of implied and Itachi didn't seem to pleased to see that Sasuke had the curse seal, though i think its interesting that he knew what chidori was.

I don't think that Itachi was implying to Sasuke to do anything in particular, but that he was lacking in resolve, prb to get him to really start going buck wild training.
Well Naruto was the direct cause of "softening" Sasuke. He never lost sight of his goal, but Itatchi with a MS attack, made him think he was, and that he was forgetting why he was alive.

Its apparent Itatchi, for some evil reason, wants his brother to become twisted/corrupted like him. This seems to be his main priority, as he directly weakened himself in front of an enemy Sannin (by using MS AGAIN). When Sasuke came to Naruto's aid in a way, this signaled to Itatchi that he was softening and making friends, and becoming happy anyways. So the best way to get sasuke to stop this and head a different direction (walk an evil path) is to do what he did, and it worked.
Old 2006-11-15, 23:54   Link #92
Naruto's_girl
Hinata and Naruto

Location: No where. I'm a figment of your imagination.............
Actually thats right. He is weaker than Itachi, so how can he make sasuke stronger? Unless he inherits sasukes abilities when he takes his body, then orochimaru has no counter for the Sharingans special abilities.
Naruto's_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-16, 00:00   Link #93
Dauthi
Searching for the Cure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suna no tate View Post
Actually Oro really wants Sasuke's eyes... or genes depending on how you look at it. I bet if he was offered a somehow permament eye transplant similar to Kakashi's under the condition that he wouldn't have to train that brat Sasuke and could just kill him instead , orochimaru would probably take it. After all, all he needs are those sharingan eyes and near the full power of the Uchiha clan will be at his disposal. He'd be able to learn all the jutsus as he wanted and it would most likely enhance all his other jutsus.The uchiha body just helps in easing the use of the eyes, but as Kakashi has shown, its not necessary to effectively use them. Even better, we know Orochimaru has much more chakra than kakashi so he wouldn't even get as tired. I mean 3 bishamon gates? regenerative jutsus as well?...
Well, if it were effective to do a transplant, he probably would have done it a long time ago when he was kidnapping people for experiments in Konoha. Instead he found a way to gain the sharingan body, and still effectively wield it, as well as evade death. It's unknown how well Kakashi can wield it compared to an Uchiha, but it was stated it wasn't as effective for him (and there is the fact he cant turn it off).
Old 2006-11-16, 02:29   Link #94
Neji_Hyuuga

Location: Indonesia, the country of multiple cultural backgrounds...visit my country guys. It's very beutiful.
Let's face the reality. Oro fears Itachi!!! This definitly strengthens the fact that Itachi is stronger than Oro. And by the way...if you guys ring a bell...we haven't seen all of Itachi's potentials as Kakashi said in volume 16. Itachi has Mangekyou Amaterasu to beat opponents physically and Tsukuyomi to destroy their wits...end of story. Even if he runs out of chakra due to using the MS, i'm pretty sure he wouldn't let his opponent live to strike back ( except Kakashi...don't know why he didn't finish him off...)
Neji_Hyuuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-17, 04:17   Link #95
uzum4k1 n4rut0

No Revenge this time

Well i rekon at the end sasuke will come bak to konoha and so will itachi to have 1 more fight against orochimaru and the person to kill orochimaru will be naruto so i dont think sasuke will get his revenge
uzum4k1 n4rut0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-17, 23:22   Link #96
Naruto's_girl
Hinata and Naruto

Location: No where. I'm a figment of your imagination.............
Well i'm sooooooooooooooooo bored. Everybody is always asking about Oro and Sasuke. Oh well............
Naruto's_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-18, 12:23   Link #97
Suna no tate
Akatsuki Bart is Tobi

Quote:
Well, if it were effective to do a transplant, he probably would have done it a long time ago when he was kidnapping people for experiments in Konoha. Instead he found a way to gain the sharingan body, and still effectively wield it, as well as evade death. It's unknown how well Kakashi can wield it compared to an Uchiha, but it was stated it wasn't as effective for him (and there is the fact he cant turn it off).
Actually its my belief that only recently has he shown a real interest in the uchiha clan. After all, before he really wanted yamato and after kimimaro. This uchiha sasuke desire of his is probably something recent. As for his desire to evade death, why not ask Hidan? This leads me to believe that Hidan's immortality isn't true as if it were, his technique would have been employed that Oro.
Old 2006-11-18, 14:53   Link #98
Wrath of the Uchiha

Quote:
Actually its my belief that only recently has he shown a real interest in the uchiha clan. After all, before he really wanted yamato and after kimimaro. This uchiha sasuke desire of his is probably something recent. As for his desire to evade death, why not ask Hidan? This leads me to believe that Hidan's immortality isn't true as if it were, his technique would have been employed that Oro.
His interest in the Uchihas in true, he was oogling over the Kaguya clan before, I think he only needs a strong bedy where he can unleash his entire potential and Kimimaru\Sasuke are perfect since even their minds were\are ready to give in.

As for Immortality, Orochimaru has already gotten it in a way, getting chopped in half multiple times or Tsunade's full powered punch didn't kill him, and he can live forever switching bodies as he goes along...
Wrath of the Uchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-18, 15:34   Link #99
Medalist
Infie
*Fansubber

Anything is possible
Medalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-18, 15:43   Link #100
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

I wonder why Orochimaru even bothered with trying to obtain Kimimaro's body anyway. Once he switched into Kimimaro's body, he'd only have his abilities for a few years before he was forced to switch bodies again, then they'd disappear and there would be no other Kayuga bodies left for him to use. I can understand wanting the Sharingan, he can use that bloodline to copy jutsu which can be used even after he switches bodies, but that isn't the case with the Kayuga bloodline.

It could be that Oro was planning to splice bloodline genes into other bodies like he did with Yamato. That would allow him to keep bloodline abilities indefinitely, but it seems like he considered that experiment a failure since nearly all the test subjects died and he didn't know Yamato had survived. He conducted that experiment long before he met Kimimaro, so what was he planning to do once his time in Kimi's body expired?
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote