AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-06-02, 11:00   Link #1341
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

SBO Qualifier match, Dora shows us why he is God Tier when he is serious, he is the purple Bang with a very long name:

When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-02, 18:20   Link #1342
Xion Valkyrie

Sooo want this:

Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-02, 18:43   Link #1343
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
Sooo want this:

Awwww that's so cute. *w*

momobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-02, 20:00   Link #1344
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Actually I'd prefer a Nu-13/Lambda-11 nendoroid. But Noel does pack an impression as one.

...Hey. I'm just saying. Nu-chan/Lam-lam would be cute as one too.
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-03, 10:19   Link #1345
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
CS trailer for Europe

October for CS in PALlands.

Also, lolwat? 7 new characters? They counting Unlimiteds there?
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-03, 10:24   Link #1346
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

I'd guess they are talking about the new story mode characters as well, since there are 4 of them announced so far. Not playable though.
Old 2010-06-03, 20:49   Link #1347
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

god tier cause he plays the most broken character in the game? that's like saying fumo is god tier cause he won SBO with Arakune last year. and yes, a chibi Nu or /\ would be epic. i would buy one.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-04, 04:49   Link #1348
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
god tier cause he plays the most broken character in the game? that's like saying fumo is god tier cause he won SBO with Arakune last year. and yes, a chibi Nu or /\ would be epic. i would buy one.
If you're talking about Dora, here's my reply.

He's god tier because he was the person who brought Bang to god tier even before the game was finalised, Bang is god tier because of him.

Bang is far from broken, his moves heavily depend on the player's reactions and wit, he just has all the tools for a player to fully realise his own potential. With just simple, direct punches and kicks, you have to know every single move of his very well to make him useful.

If anyone is broken, its only Litchi, cornering anyone from anywhere on the stage and dealing 5k damage with no bar. Long poking range, good zoning, complicated mix up, insane corner pressure, getting 60% bar in a single combo etc.

Dora shows that he has godly reflexes and plays the game by frames, using the drive in the most precise manner to counter even the opponent's counter attacks. And in the end of all the concentration, he can still show off with a FurinKazan -> Daifunka. He shows that he has complete mastery of Bang.

The Japanese call him the true Bang and all other Bangs 'mass-produced'. There is Dora Bang and the rest of the Bangs, in a Bang mirror match, Dora has the advantage.

Old 2010-06-04, 10:27   Link #1349
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

i have no doubt he's probably the best player now, but that's hugely based on the fact he plays Bang. like if 5a didn't combo into everything, and if his wall bounce didn't combo from almost everything, and his daifunka didn't synergize so well with his wall bounce, i have no doubt he wouldn't be considered as good as he is. plus he's still a jerk . search up Dora 2500 for kicks.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-04, 10:31   Link #1350
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

If anything Dora 2500 only boosted his cockiness and made him more notorious. And with that he continues to become more amazing.

Old 2010-06-04, 10:38   Link #1351
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

...I'll totally slaughter him with my Haku-men someday. D=

Standards are made to make people superior in the process. I'll just make him a standard.

...Don't tell c(-.- c) I know it's impossible. I just watched the entire video and he would level me in no more then ten seconds,
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-04, 12:11   Link #1352
hinakatbklyn

Note the word someday. If he was using the same moves all the time, after 10 tries, maybe 50 tries, even I could remember his moves and give him a challenge. Just make sure I avoid getting cornered.
Old 2010-06-04, 12:37   Link #1353
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Japanese fighting game pros are well known for pulling new combos out of thin air. Not just Dora, a whole bunch of top players there are 'top' because they have complete mastery of their characters and know how to adapt to situation and not repeat themselves.

Dora himself got all the hype initially in CT because he does stuff in every fight that no one expected Bang to be able to do. And in CS, his mastery has reached such a level, he is able to give himself a boastful title and show off stuff in his fights.

Old 2010-06-04, 14:55   Link #1354
leodamine
Divine Akuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
i have no doubt he's probably the best player now, but that's hugely based on the fact he plays Bang. like if 5a didn't combo into everything, and if his wall bounce didn't combo from almost everything, and his daifunka didn't synergize so well with his wall bounce, i have no doubt he wouldn't be considered as good as he is. plus he's still a jerk . search up Dora 2500 for kicks.
that's the most ridiculous logic ever. I don't care if Dora's a jerk, but you can't deny that the guy can play. I've never met the guy, so I can't judge his character based on a video that a bunch of dudes who hate him made, but what I do know is that even in CT Dora was a pretty good Bang.

tl;dr: the guy can play a good bang, even if he's a jerk.
Old 2010-06-06, 08:57   Link #1355
iamthechamp

Hi guys, i am new here. Enjoyed playing Blazblue CT, however i keep getting thrashed when i visit arcades. Really anticpating CS release in July. Cant wait!

@C.A. you mentioned in your eariler posts that you are from Singapore? Me too! Really glad to find someone who is so experienced in this game. Can i ask which shop did you pre-order your CS? Really want the limited edition with Noel (<3), dont mind paying extra.
iamthechamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-06, 11:06   Link #1356
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthechamp View Post
@C.A. you mentioned in your eariler posts that you are from Singapore? Me too! Really glad to find someone who is so experienced in this game. Can i ask which shop did you pre-order your CS? Really want the limited edition with Noel (<3), dont mind paying extra.
I ordered mine from Latendo at Kallang Leisure Park, its 200+ SGD. I'm not sure if the order is still up though.

Old 2010-06-08, 01:37   Link #1357
iamthechamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
I ordered mine from Latendo at Kallang Leisure Park, its 200+ SGD. I'm not sure if the order is still up though.
Thanks for the tip-off. Wasnt expecting that high, but i guess it IS 9660 yen in the first place. The LE is the Japanese version correct? Really hoping for a Jap-voice + Eng Text version of the LE, that would be the best.
Come on Aksys!
iamthechamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-08, 10:06   Link #1358
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

I am not that sure on Dora being the best player around. There are a lot of talented players that migrated from the GG scene that have legendary status and might steal the spotlight at this year's SBO. Besides, Dora still has to qualify (he failed so far) and despite the fact that there is still a good handful of spots available it's not going to be an easy ride since there are still a lot of top players competing.

The BlazBlue scene still doesn't have a clear best player yet (like in GG, with N-O being recognized as the best japanese player).
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-10, 01:52   Link #1359
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

ANN Interviews Daisuke Ishiwatari and Toshimichi Mori
Spoiler for Important parts of this interview:
Old 2010-06-10, 02:16   Link #1360
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
He didn't say Hazama was inspired by Lupin. The ANN interviewer asked if a certain Hazama alternate colour scheme with a teal coat and yellow tie was inspired by Lupin, to which Mori said it wasn't intentional but was kind of inspired by Lupin.

And yes, unlike Ishiwatari with Guilty Gear, Mori is entirely open to the idea of an anime based on BlazBlue.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
3ds, arc system works, arcade, fighting, ps vita, ps3, psp, windows, xbox360