AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Spice and Wolf

Notices

View Poll Results: Spice and Wolf - Episode 4 Rating
Perfect 10 55 44.72%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 42 34.15%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 15 12.20%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 4.88%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.44%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.81%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.81%
Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-01-30, 18:18   Link #41
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity85 View Post
Spoiler for Season potential:
I would be highly amused if this series got that many seasons.

Spoiler for ep5 preview:

Spoiler for fills in the end (my guess):

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2008-01-30, 19:56   Link #42
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

Isn't Chloe an anime character only?If that is really her wouldn't this like disrupt the novel?And i thought of buying the novel.........Can someone explain this to me?
Old 2008-01-30, 20:01   Link #43
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinatsu-no-miya View Post
Isn't Chloe an anime character only?If that is really her wouldn't this like disrupt the novel?And i thought of buying the novel.........Can someone explain this to me?
Well, there is no 100% insurance that the anime will follow the novel. It seems that it is so far though.
According to other people, it seems possible that Chloe will simply replace another character.
That's good that you want to buy the novel. It needs an explanation?

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2008-01-30, 20:08   Link #44
Masanori Ota
It's Horo, not Han Solo.

I wouldn't mind if Horo ate Chloe "by accident". :l
Old 2008-01-30, 20:11   Link #45
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

It *looks* like Chloe may be a condensation of several characters with overlapping traits and desires to simplify the storytelling. It'll be interesting to see how they play this "business-infused" triangle.

"It's just good business." -- almost every character in PotC:World'sEnd.
Old 2008-01-30, 22:33   Link #46
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Saw the raw, interesting to say the least, just need the subs so i can be sure about wth is going on. Loved the way her eyes were glowing in the dark to, that looks really good, sig or avatar waiting to happen lol. That was quite the growl Horo had going there at the end to.
Old 2008-01-31, 00:21   Link #47
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Well, there is no 100% insurance that the anime will follow the novel. It seems that it is so far though.
According to other people, it seems possible that Chloe will simply replace another character.
That's good that you want to buy the novel. It needs an explanation?
No? I am talking about Chloe actually.....oh just forget about it
Old 2008-01-31, 00:49   Link #48
Cal-Reflector

Am I the only one who likes Chloe here? Ah well. The fan boy in me did a little leap when immediately after talking about how it'd be easier to make friends and find a wife after becoming a shop owning trader Lawrence's train of thought drifted to Chloe. I'm sure it's nothing, but never the less, as a potential rival to Horo for Lawrence's affection, I hope Chloe gets it together if only to up the ante.

A wolf is great, but a normal lass is fine too.
Old 2008-01-31, 01:05   Link #49
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Subs really are great

Well I guess all those worried Lawrence would be screwed in the future due to Horo's trick last episode have nothing to be concerned about. Guy really did take it fine and as a learning experience. Besides with a big deal like this old things can be left behind .

Some nice information though especially surrounding why Horo made that deal concerning the wheat. Looks like the guy she made the promise with (apparently a dunce )was the first person who treated her as a friend. So probably wasn't a big thing for her to agree to help his village out.
Old 2008-01-31, 01:30   Link #50
Masanori Ota
It's Horo, not Han Solo.

Woohoo, subs. I'm putting them up on Veoh for those who don't like torrents/can't torrent. You'll know where to find the link, when it's done.
Old 2008-01-31, 04:32   Link #51
tabun
rawr!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity85
well Horo giving Lawrence the wheat is indeed a smart idea but she forgot 1 important thing he is himan afterall. He clearly cares for her and if such an event were to happen she just be brought back to lawrence via the wheat but it will still crush Lawrences state of mind. Think about, the girl he cares about just got killed for one of his reckless attempts to make a buck and he couldn't do anything to prvent it. He even told Clhoe she couldn't come cause it was dangerous for her. And not to mention he shouldn't be wasting precious wheat and theres always that slim change he doesn't make a profit He's being to careless.
During episode 1, Horo first explained how she was able to move to another stack of wheat; and I may have been mistaken, but(!) if the remainder of this "stack" (which she is wearing around her neck) get separated and one part destroyed or, say, scattered, she may "switch" to the next largest remnant of that stack. No? Am I wrong? I hope not

Still, adding a little action to the usual bickering and business talk sure is a nice change of pace! I am intrigued as concerns Chloe's part in all this, from your hints that she is an "anime only" character. Who filled her part in the novel? Oh well, another weeks worth of waiting :<

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal-Reflector
Am I the only one who likes Chloe here? Ah well.
Weeeell, like as she was shown in ep01? Or even 02? Yes. But if she is to become a threat to Horo... rawr! But yes, up to this point indeed ^^ mainly, as I must admit, because her art resembles that of Mizushima Asa (from Sora no Iro, Mizu no Iro... kinky ). Oh well ^^
Old 2008-01-31, 04:46   Link #52
noob3d
馬鹿やろ

Finally some serious action and more development in the relationship between Horo and Lawrence.

Spoiler for episode 4 comments:
Old 2008-01-31, 04:57   Link #53
kamikazex

man talk about an intense episode
Old 2008-01-31, 05:16   Link #54
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

The dangerous life of a traveling merchant. o_0

Great episode. It reminds me, strangely enough, of the jewel plot in The Three Musketeers, little things that drove men to great lengths. Realistic conspiracy is always appreciated over the usual save-the-world ordeal. Even at episode 4, I'm already hoping for a second season.

I'm curious though: How much of the loneliness act from Horo is serious and how much is just Lawrence-teasing?
Old 2008-01-31, 06:44   Link #55
Khaos

Thumbs up

Wow, best episode so far, very intense. Beautiful first part, thrilling second part and a nasty cliffhanger.
Old 2008-01-31, 07:44   Link #56
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Good episode.

Spoiler for first impressions:

Thumbs up. My first 9 for the series.
Old 2008-01-31, 09:39   Link #57
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Saw the Sub, wow, ok talk about some serious plans going down, need next weeks episode now kk tks.

Horo's little spiel about being alone was kinda interesting, but i wonder how much (if any) was an act. Still she might genuinely be alone. The others she named though were her.. um.. pack-mates (that doesn't seem right), brothers and sisters. Wonder if she'll see them again though. It would be sad to be without family for a few hundred years.

The look on the Milone head guy when Lawrance told him that she was the incantation of a wolf-god of the harvest was great, makes me wonder if he was thinking "Oh my god pagan!" or "oh my god, harvest god, leads to harvest, leads to money!", prolly just "omg his friend is a god, wait what".

And I have a feeling that the person at the end there was Chloe, Horo recognised them, and it looked female to me. Or at least the outline didn't seem big enough to be male.
Old 2008-01-31, 09:55   Link #58
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal-Reflector View Post
Am I the only one who likes Chloe here? Ah well. The fan boy in me did a little leap when immediately after talking about how it'd be easier to make friends and find a wife after becoming a shop owning trader Lawrence's train of thought drifted to Chloe. I'm sure it's nothing, but never the less, as a potential rival to Horo for Lawrence's affection, I hope Chloe gets it together if only to up the ante.

A wolf is great, but a normal lass is fine too.
No, you aren't the only one

Having chloe play the part of a rival will open up a can of drama imo. On one hand we have chloe who already expressed her love interest on lawrence, but on the other she may soon find out that horo has taken that place in lawrence's heart. Things will get ugly if she becomes jealous and uses "business" as a weapon. She will certainly be good at bargining especially while holding horo hostage. This would put her on the side of being a villain but in her defense its for the sake of love

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2008-01-31, 10:11   Link #59
arkxkra
全力全開

omg, Horo being catch. Who is that person in the robe? is that red hair girl in the village(i forget her )? Hopefully the Marhait will help Lawrence and hopefully he is a good guy.

Horo the lonely side was damn lonely, watching tat part also feel the loneliness.

can't wait for next episode.
Old 2008-01-31, 10:46   Link #60
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Would definitely make it all interesting if Chloe is involved here. This is a pretty massive thing and least would fit on that level she was talking about.If Lawrence's counter to this big scheme could get him a shop the same should be for Chloe especially if she is in an intergral part of it.

I'd rather have some more faith in Horo that she didn't pull an act on being lonely just to keep Lawrence traveling with her. No doubt she would be extremely lonely anyways. After being isolated from her relatives/friends for a very long time. Then the only friend she had with humans or at least the first passed away after time leaving her to keeping a promise for people who eventually didn't care.

Also a valuable lesson here. Drinking just isn't good. Even a wise wolf can forget something very important due to it .