AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Zero no Tsukaima

Notices

View Poll Results: Zero no Tsukaima (second season) - Total Series Rating
Perfect 10 17 12.69%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 14.93%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 21 15.67%
7 out of 10 : Good 37 27.61%
6 out of 10 : Average 14 10.45%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 12 8.96%
4 out of 10 : Poor 6 4.48%
3 out of 10 : Bad 3 2.24%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 1.49%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.49%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-06-15, 16:20   Link #61
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
relentlessflame, we already had this argument many times before - I am aware of the importance of companies behind the studios, but differently from you I believe that a good studio with a good team can pull a good result as companies cannot tell thing by thing, step by step how to animate things (or else studios would not need a bigger half of their workers).
But what is the main issue here? Is it really "execution" or is it style? You seem more upset that they produced a fanservice-biased show that went light on plot and deviated significantly from the novels. Is that really about the "execution" of the anime (which J.C.Staff managed) or is that about the tone and style of the anime, which were determined by the production committee in working with the Director and Story Planner (who do not work for J.C.Staff)? Production companies handle execution of the vision, but they're not usually responsible for the vision itself, and I think that's where the bigger problem is according to what you're complaining about.

Quote:
So yeah while the direction is given the interpretation and presentation is still up to the Studio and the team that works. Even you yourself have to admit the difference between season 1 and season's 2 and 3. The first season never got that many complaints from novel readers even though it did not follow the novels all that well, but the presentation was satisfying.

It all came down to dust with season's 2 and 3 that are poorly executed turning ZnT into a string of S/M themed and repetitive boob jokes, so much that even the actual plotline becomes very hard to notice.
Honestly, I didn't think it was as big of a change as you make it out to be. It felt to me as though seasons 2 and 3 were largely continuing in the same style as season 1. The difference, perhaps, is that the jokes were recycled and the "novelty" had worn off a little bit. They also kept the Louise/Saito relationship in a bit of a yoyo-state with sort of "three steps forward, two steps back" in order to drag things out a bit. But I didn't notice a remarkable change in either quality, or tone, or style. The first season was fanservicey with a plot, and the subsequent seasons were also fanservicey with a plot (though they had to up the ante on the fanservice a bit to not be too repetitive). I do think the first season is probably the best simply because it was the first, and the second two feel more like extensions than complete works on their own, but that's sort of the typical law of sequels. So I guess I'd rather them "slightly below" but not dramatically so. Even the series ratings in thread like this one reflect that - it's lower, but not so much lower.

Quote:
As for 4th season and my doubts... One reason that though sells are good enough they are still dropping and compared to such anime's like Shana where things looks better than for ZnT, ZnT may be pushed further and further into preference to be continued line.
The drop-off for ZnT was no more or less dramatic than the drop-off for Shana in terms of percentage, so I don't see it as being any more or less likely, personally. But who knows... I do think that, if they do another season, they are going to change it up a bit and/or move towards a grand finale. Perhaps they're waiting for the novels to near the ending so they can wrap both up at once? And if they don't do any more, the third season wrapped up in a pretty decent manner (for anime-only viewers, anyway).
Old 2009-06-15, 22:16   Link #62
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
The first season still was pretty strong in terms of the plot and romance itself.

Season's two and three changed things in that regard focusing much more on the fanservice and the recycled S/M or boob jokes, so much that one can easily loose the focus of the actual plot. Romance got stalled with the constant resets marked by Louise blows Saito up.

Weird chracter changes (Saito and Siesta suffered the the most in this regard when you compare their pesonalities in season 1 with seasons 2 and 3).
Old 2009-06-16, 12:21   Link #63
Terminator98
Archangelic Demon Vampire
*Author

Quote:
Terminator98, the third season is already animated. We are talking about the 4th one.
Sorry, I was mixing up with SnS... XD Edited.

I agree about the characters changes, but it was a bit the same in the anime though... Still there was romance, particularly in season 2. The final episode spoke for itself ( I think that it would've been better if they let the suspense about Saito being dead and used this as a re-initiating thread for a 3rd season, plus, it would've made the season so more awesome. ). The first half is fulled with un-equaled romance, be it from the 1st or 3rd season. plus... the kiss in the boat... which was a bit before.

Last edited by Terminator98; 2009-06-16 at 13:04.
Old 2009-06-16, 12:40   Link #64
Hubb

Hmm, I think you are still mixing up SnS and ZnT here. Anyway I tend to agree with Dark about how seasons 2 and 3 were played out; needless to say I was disappointed. I will admit that I do hope they come out with a 4th season even if it follows in the footsteps of its predecessors.

I tried to enjoy the anime for what it was and despite some personality changes I don't like, the characters have still grown on me. I can only hope relentless is right in stating that the 4th season will surface sooner or later (to be honest, I can see it happening next year). If there is a dip in shows worth animating in any up coming season I can see ZnT4 as a "safety" for a studio.
Old 2009-06-16, 13:03   Link #65
Terminator98
*Author

Quote:
I think that it would've been better if they let the suspense about Yuji being dead and used this as a re-initiating thread for a 3rd season, plus, it would've made the season so more awesome.
O.o Why the hell am I mixing those things up... I'm even mixing Gundams up... My head must've been a bit shocked by the accidents I recently made... XD

Anyways, edited. But you can't really blame me for mixing Yuji and saito... They are basically, quite the same... They both take beatings from the girls and they both understand the girl's feelings the wrong way...
Old 2009-06-16, 16:08   Link #66
Darknemo2000

I would not say they are the same. For me Yuuji is ten times better than Saito, as he is not a pervert and is not as dumb Saito (its hard to beta Saito at being dumb). Not to mention that Saito is womanizer at that too (I mean he confesses to Louise but sees no harm in going around kissing other girls). And is very cocky at that.
Old 2009-06-17, 02:47   Link #67
Terminator98
*Author

Quote:
Fine image but off-topic
Sorry, I was replying to multiple threads and mixed this one with another one...

Quote:
I would not say they are the same. For me Yuuji is ten times better than Saito, as he is not a pervert and is not as dumb Saito (its hard to beta Saito at being dumb). Not to mention that Saito is womanizer at that too (I mean he confesses to Louise but sees no harm in going around kissing other girls). And is very cocky at that.
Anyways, at least sir, Saito doesn't scream like hell, and he even goes and faces an army of 70,000 people to save his one love... Something I never saw Yuji do.

And... Saito isn't actually kissing them, he finds himself into situation where they force him to ( from my point of view... ), plus, he always thinks of Louise while having those problems. The thing is, believe that the girls should do like Shana and Yoshida did to settle the things up...
Old 2009-06-17, 09:03   Link #68
Darknemo2000

Oh but he does kiss them, well mostly Henrietta. And Yuuji becomes a real badass later - he really develops a lot in the novels
Spoiler for spoiler:

Yeah Saito definitely was thinking about Louise when

Spoiler for spoiler:

Don't joke. Really Saito is becoming annoying character, specially the events in the last volume pissed me off quite a bit. I really want Louise to leave him. She deserves someone better.
Old 2009-09-08, 11:46   Link #69
[F]uero
~Moe Lover~

Send a message via MSN to [F]uero
I agree with terminator!
Saito is everyone's favorite
thus he was always dragged into situations he didn't meant to be in..
( although he can create that situation himself sometimes )
but mainly he cares for Louise and That is the part of romance..
having A battle of romance is awesome although it irritates the viewers , but without all the quarrels , it would have been too boring , i guess..
Old 2009-09-12, 16:22   Link #70
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
Excessive ecchi and didn't like the direction of the final episode, 7/10.

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Old 2011-04-20, 12:08   Link #71
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

Finished it, finally.
If they removed all the annoying gags of Louise beating Saito it would have been perfect. The last part of the season was incredible, emotion-wise! O_O

Watching at the moment: click on the image.

Old 2012-02-17, 12:16   Link #72
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
saito battle should have this soundtrack though
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTCrpCCiouc
Old 2012-07-26, 12:30   Link #73
BasilxHawkins
Der Magier

I didnt liked the end.
I dont mean the fact Saito died got revived and came back to Louise.
I mean she said she loves him when he was dead. And when they finally came together again she takes it the whip. WTF
Closed Thread