Notices

Old 2012-03-30, 01:09   Link #1941
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mura View Post
lol, how can I take this seriously?
There are several of us that share this opinion. Anyway, this topic is not getting anywhere... one group believes that DxD has an amazing story, while the other watched it for the fanservice, since what you perceive as plot is not appreciated at least in the form the anime attempted to present it... let's agree that we disagree
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-30, 02:00   Link #1942
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimapan View Post
Apropos talking, Issei was talking as much as some teleshopping marketer here... there he only has a count to to (even if it's somewhat more than 10 seconds), and he spends more than half of it talking. No wonder that his super-armour runs out before he's done. Instead of all that talking, he should've used the time to the fullest to kick that bastard's ass (together with the holy stuff), then you could've scratched Raiser's remains off the wall afterwards
yeah, If I have to name a bad thing about Issei is that he talks too much for his own good.
also, teleshopping marketer... xD

Quote:
Hyakka Ryouran: Yes, that one was pretty good. Naoe rules!
Although the worthless main mc was seriously granting on my nerves, more so than in most other series (even including IS).
even worse than Ichika? that's quite a feat.

Quote:
Sora no Otoshimono: Also pretty good, loved Tomoki's perverse antics
Second season though was blemished by Astraea, whose monstrous melons where a big turn-off, and the she was too dim-witted on top of that. S2 would've been much improved without her.
not liking Astraea? ah, too bad. I know I like her... clumsiness.

Quote:
KoreZon: Funny as hell, but no real ecchi content. Ayumu's short fantasies about Eu were still very tame.
pretty tame, yeah... although looks like the 2nd season's gonna fix that up a bit.

Quote:
OreTsubasa: Words alone can't describe the level of epic fail that show was. Totally random crap tossed together by some crack-addicted creeps. Hall of Shame for the most retarded series in a long time.

Qwaser: Nice ecchi, but that freaky breast milk stuff really put me off, and the story was totally retarded as well. Using breasts for milk puts them on a level with cow udders, just gross!
well, it's not like anyone watches those kind of shows for the plot. If anything, plot often ends up being an hindrance to the "true meat" of the show.

What I liked from OreTsuba were the beautiful chara-designs and the excellent fanservice it provided. (very classy, and almost on par with Campanella)
oh, and some of the "dirty jokes"...

as for Qwaser: it's one of those one has to watch for the lulz. Like GC.

Quote:
Omaori Himari: decent entertainment, but not reaching any heights.

Mayoi Neko Overrun: also decent entertainment, but not reaching any heights.
it's not like DxD is reaching any new heights either. (imho, of course)

Last edited by Dahak86; 2012-03-30 at 03:28.
Dahak86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-30, 08:06   Link #1943
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
There are several of us that share this opinion. Anyway, this topic is not getting anywhere... one group believes that DxD has an amazing story, while the other watched it for the fanservice, since what you perceive as plot is not appreciated at least in the form the anime attempted to present it... let's agree that we disagree
I can agree to this, this issue is going nowhere fast. I think it has a very good story, end of story from my point of view.
Old 2012-03-30, 09:10   Link #1944
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimapan View Post
Hyakka Ryouran: Yes, that one was pretty good. Naoe rules!
Although the worthless main mc was seriously granting on my nerves, more so than in most other series (even including IS). It would've been much better with an all-female cast.

Sora no Otoshimono: Also pretty good, loved Tomoki's perverse antics
Second season though was blemished by Astraea, whose monstrous melons where a big turn-off, and the she was too dim-witted on top of that. S2 would've been much improved without her.

KoreZon: Funny as hell, but no real ecchi content. Ayumu's short fantasies about Eu were still very tame.

OreTsubasa: Words alone can't describe the level of epic fail that show was. Totally random crap tossed together by some crack-addicted creeps. Hall of Shame for the most retarded series in a long time.

Qwaser: Nice ecchi, but that freaky breast milk stuff really put me off, and the story was totally retarded as well. Using breasts for milk puts them on a level with cow udders, just gross!

Omaori Himari: decent entertainment, but not reaching any heights.

Mayoi Neko Overrun: also decent entertainment, but not reaching any heights.
For which one of these shows that has the most interesting and spineful male lead, it's Qwaser, but there's few of them that has uninteresting and spineless male leads.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-30, 11:08   Link #1945
bumbayker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Let's not forget the those who watch it to look for flaws with the anime for the sake of criticism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
it's not like DxD is reaching any new heights either. (imho, of course)
Nobody's saying that it was. At least not here on this forum. And saying whether an anime is "reaching new heights" or not is based on personal opinion. Those who enjoyed the show are either fans of the LN and/or just want an anime with interesting characters, a good plot, and a healthy dose of fan service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
For which one of these shows that has the most interesting and spineful male lead, it's Qwaser, but there's few of them that has uninteresting and spineless male leads.
The problem with the traditional harem anime formula is the weak/unreliable male lead has been overused to death. I understand the reason for this is to have the common male viewer place himself in the shoes of the male lead but that idea IMO has gotten old and no longer amusing. Characters like Sasha and Issei break the standard mold of male leads for its genre which is refreshing. Too bad Sassha despite being a badass didn't save him from the obnoxious plot of Qwaser.

Last edited by bumbayker; 2012-03-30 at 11:23.
bumbayker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-30, 21:29   Link #1946
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

I hated the male lead I just wanted to punch him in the face with it seem like he playing both the pervert and hero role and he didnt do a good job in ether

The main female role all she was playing it cool tell the end where she was just like a little girl in the need to be rescued its just annoying
Old 2012-03-30, 21:50   Link #1947
Lukeman1884

Did anyone else think it was stupid that in the final fight, the dragon armor Issei gives his arm for didn't really do anything? I'm pretty sure he could've done the whole holy water cross thing without it. Yeah, I realise that it's BECAUSE he gave up his arm that he could do all that, but still, it's like spending a thousand dollars on a gun and then having your enemy being killed by the receipt.
Lukeman1884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-30, 22:07   Link #1948
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeman1884 View Post
Did anyone else think it was stupid that in the final fight, the dragon armor Issei gives his arm for didn't really do anything? I'm pretty sure he could've done the whole holy water cross thing without it. Yeah, I realise that it's BECAUSE he gave up his arm that he could do all that, but still, it's like spending a thousand dollars on a gun and then having your enemy being killed by the receipt.
What are you talking about? He was able to use the holy water and cross because of the armor. I haven't watched the final episode, so maybe they didn't explain it, but the suit of armor is what gave him the power and strength to defeat Raiser.

Besides... the consequences of having a dragon arm are quite enviable. Season 2, please! (You all need to read the light novels, seriously).
Old 2012-03-30, 22:28   Link #1949
rafael1932
claymores pimp

Quote:
He can not touch the cross but he can use gloves and use after.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
He was able to use the holy water and cross because of the armor..
The technical name is cheating
----//----

I am tired. When it is supposed we have the ova and more special episodes of school DxD

Spoiler for by the way:
rafael1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-30, 23:00   Link #1950
bumbayker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Yoma View Post
I hated the male lead I just wanted to punch him in the face with it seem like he playing both the pervert and hero role and he didnt do a good job in ether
There's nothing wrong with being a pervert and a hero at the same time. It's been done before in many other anime. And how pray tell did Isse fail in both? I dare you give specific details and explain in your POV. He's been fantasizing about the girls throughout the entire series and even caught a few times peeping at girls at school changing. He even grew stronger not just in power but in will and saved the girl he loved and adored from an opponent that he had little to no chance of winning against. Your argument has no bearing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Yoma View Post
The main female role all she was playing it cool tell the end where she was just like a little girl in the need to be rescued its just annoying
And WTH were you expecting? Rias lost in accordance to the rules of the rating game and is bound by those conditions. And as a high ranking devil she is obliged to abide them. It would shame her and the Gremorys if Rias were to flee from the engagement which was part of the condition for losing. It had to take someone like Isse who had no status in the Underworld to free her from it. You're obviously just criticizing without any real plausible reason.

Last edited by bumbayker; 2012-03-30 at 23:13.
Old 2012-03-30, 23:01   Link #1951
Shimapan
Try me! <3

Quote:
yeah, If I have to name a bad thing about Issei is that he talks too much for his own good.
also, teleshopping marketer... xD
He really should use his teleshop marketer skills to talk people into doing a contract with him

Quote:
even worse than Ichika? that's quite a feat.
Yes, quite a negative feat indeed XD

Quote:
not liking Astraea? ah, too bad. I know I like her... clumsiness.
There's a clear line between clumsiness and sheer stupidity. Take for example Lan from Rinne, which could be called clumsy (which is quite cute with her), but certainly not stupid.
With Astraea though, it was already miles into "sheer stupidity" area, imo.

Quote:
pretty tame, yeah... although looks like the 2nd season's gonna fix that up a bit.
That would be much appreciated

Quote:
well, it's not like anyone watches those kind of shows for the plot. If anything, plot often ends up being an hindrance to the "true meat" of the show.

What I liked from OreTsuba were the beautiful chara-designs and the excellent fanservice it provided. (very classy, and almost on par with Campanella)
oh, and some of the "dirty jokes"...
True, you don't watch it for the plot... but if the plot is that totally braindead that you feel how watching it kills braincells and makes you get stupid at a high rate, it's not a good idea to watch it, despite the nice chara designs.

Quote:
Did anyone else think it was stupid that in the final fight, the dragon armor Issei gives his arm for didn't really do anything?
That's not the armour's fault, but rather Issei's fault, who kept talking and talking for the major part of the time, so he didn't get to use the armour much.
Old 2012-04-01, 04:39   Link #1952
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
Spoiler for Nyantype (Rias - NSFW):

Spoiler for Megami (Asia - NSFW):
Old 2012-04-01, 05:23   Link #1953
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

^
I really wish there are gashapon or more PVC figures of HSDxD.....
Old 2012-04-01, 05:36   Link #1954
oblivion26
Find me if u can....

This might be off topic but , I wonder if they will make a High School DxD Fighting Game
oblivion26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-01, 06:09   Link #1955
n0m@n
C-Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by oblivion26 View Post
This might be off topic but , I wonder if they will make a High School DxD Fighting Game
I'm not sure if it will be a fighting game but a game for it coming out may be a possibility. Other anime which is adapted from light novel like "The legend of Legendary Heores", "Itsuka Tenma no Kurousagi" and "Boku wa Tomodachi ga sukunai".
Old 2012-04-01, 06:14   Link #1956
bumbayker

Quote:
Originally Posted by oblivion26 View Post
Why a fighting game? There aren't many fighting/special techniques from the characters. From the story's theme a dating sim game sounds more appropriate if you ask me.
Old 2012-04-01, 06:15   Link #1957
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0m@n View Post
I'm not sure if it will be a fighting game but a game for it coming out may be a possibility. Other anime which is adapted from light novel like "The legend of Legendary Heores", "Itsuka Tenma no Kurousagi" and "Boku wa Tomodachi ga sukunai".
Or better yet, one of its characters will appear at Queen's Gate.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-01, 06:16   Link #1958
n0m@n
C-Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
Or better yet, one of its characters will appear at Queen's Gate.
Then I will definitely buy it lol. Yeah it certainly has a chance to come out in Queen's Gate lol. If it does then it will definitely be Rias and Akeno.
Old 2012-04-01, 06:18   Link #1959
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbayker View Post
Well, who knows? It might not end up that way. We'll just have to wait and see. Regardless, I think HS DxD may have secured another season if sales are this good for the first week already.
It will end up that way, but it doesn't matter, all you need is for a series to sell enough to make the prospect of a sequel attractive enough for the backers to push through with. The sales for this are more than enough to accomplish that, even if they suffer a 1-2k dip from this point onwards. This has sold much better than Sora no Otoshimono which has had 2 TV seasons, 1 Movie and is going to get a 3rd TV season. SnO also has much higher production values than this show and even than it still got so much additional content after the first seasons.

This show a lock for a sequel unless the author pulls off a dick move and gets the light novel dropped from its label ala the author of Infinite Stratos.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-01, 07:06   Link #1960
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblitz View Post
Spoiler for Megami (Asia - NSFW):
Slatarou, you're aliiiiiiveee!!

In the end, the show never did have official illustrations of the cast in their sexy ED costumes and opted for the usual uninspiring shots. Sigh.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, ecchi, fantasy, harem, romance, shounen