AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-12-11, 15:03   Link #821
shalala

Would the dark continent also get dragged into the war against Laem, Kou, Sindria and Magnoshutt. Seeing how we know nothing of the place other then it holds a group of Fanalis who don't seem to want to leave their home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeyesvn View Post
Yeah, but this world is already on the way there if Al-sarmen actually succeed in what they're doing. The downfall of Magnoshutatt will probably remove the balance between three major power right now: Laem, Kou and 7 seas alliance. If Laem succeed in subduing Magnoshutt without too many dead, they may actually gain more power ( magicians ) and thus force Kou/7 seas alliance into a arms race>>>more conflict. Not to mention smaller countries will be dragged into the war.
But if Metal where to die while at war with Laem. Then I don't think any of the Magicians that are loyal to him would join Laem. Still this would clearly be a good time for Al Sarmen to screw with Magnoshutt. They could well kill Metal and by doing so put the blame of Laem thus release a butt load of black Rukh from the magicians once they curse their own fate as nearly all of them doesn't know the existence of it. I still think that teacher is working for Al Sarmen. Thus it would benefit Al Sarmen.

Anyone else think that Jubel may be weaker now that Aladdin has trained in magic?.

Last edited by shalala; 2012-12-11 at 15:23.
shalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-13, 02:23   Link #822
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Dark Continent is off to the south west, nowhere near the turmoil area.
I don't see how it would be involved in the geopolitical warfare.

Heck, there's not even any nations there we know of, other than Eliohaput in the north.

Hmmm.. come to think of it, no one got the Magi Guide Book in the English world, and haven't been scanned or anything eh?
It has the world map on it, and by cross referencing the manga and the guide book, a fan made a general location map based on the world map in the book. I'll translate it and post it here for everyone.

EDIT
And done.

Keep in mind, the actual map is official, general location is mix of cross-reference with the manga and guide book, and guesses from its description.
(For example, the oasis city Delhinmar is described to be north of Balbaad, on the road near where the thief hideout was)

The map making credit & source:
http://nizikan.blog.fc2.com/blog-category-20.html

Last edited by aohige; 2012-12-13 at 03:17.
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-13, 09:21   Link #823
shalala

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Dark Continent is off to the south west, nowhere near the turmoil area.
I don't see how it would be involved in the geopolitical warfare.

Heck, there's not even any nations there we know of, other than Eliohaput in the north.

Hmmm.. come to think of it, no one got the Magi Guide Book in the English world, and haven't been scanned or anything eh?
It has the world map on it, and by cross referencing the manga and the guide book, a fan made a general location map based on the world map in the book. I'll translate it and post it here for everyone.

EDIT
And done.

Keep in mind, the actual map is official, general location is mix of cross-reference with the manga and guide book, and guesses from its description.
(For example, the oasis city Delhinmar is described to be north of Balbaad, on the road near where the thief hideout was)

The map making credit & source:
http://nizikan.blog.fc2.com/blog-category-20.html
Took me a while to understand the map but I got it now. Yes it is not part of the geopolitical warfare buut it is still land that each country can take over and use as another HQ. Not only that there is that advantage of the the really big hole that people can't seem to get pass between DC and Heloiohaput kingdom. So the best way in would be by Sea which who ever has control of DC can put up a defence there thus blocking all routes into the country. Not only that there could well be dungeons there was well.

Have there been any info on the Paltevia Empire? If not then that could be another set of characters and dungeons that could be added to the story.

I didn't know there was a Magi guide book out. I wonder what if it would come with character&Djinn stats? Also about the Dark Djinns do any of them have any personally ?
Old 2012-12-13, 09:50   Link #824
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

I tried getting the guide book on my last amazon.jp shipment, but it was premium priced and on marketplace because the book only had initial printing, and sold out immediately. (meaning, 2 month since it came out and it's out of print already )

And yes, it did come with character stats... for like... pretty much everyone.

As for Paltevia, only thing we know is that it used to be one of the great empires, but recently have been failing and weakened.
No idea why (economical, plague, etc) but we do know of several characters that came from there.
Dragone the dragon-man of Sindoria was a noble of Paltevia, son of the great general. We saw him briefly in his young age, arguing with young Sindbad on his first journey in the preview of the Sindbad spinoff. And Ms Myers and her brother in Magnostatt are also from Paltevia.
Old 2012-12-13, 10:22   Link #825
shalala

That suucks. If you're lucky maybe there would be another batch being printed and hopefully you can get one that time.

As for the stats would it shows the Metal vessel users and their stats for each form e.g Amon stats, Amon when Alibaba is using the weapon equip form and then when he is using the full equip form?

Also are we ever going to get a flash back into how Hakuryuu learnt Djinn Weapon/ Full Equip. Also the convo that he and Zagan had when he was making his wooden arm for him.

Ahhh. Wanna bet that Al Sarmen has something to do with that empire falling. So maybe we will see an alliance with the prince/princess and Sindria. I take it Dragone would be Sinbed first general seeing how he may have been with him when he went into Baal Dungeon. Then again I don't think we still know if that pic was Baal could well have been another Djinn of his.
Old 2012-12-13, 22:38   Link #826
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Dunno if it's been posted in the anime thread or not... but damn. I don't know whether this one is a MAD or a legitimate PV, but I just couldn't stop laughing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNpwKRce0CU

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-13, 22:56   Link #827
marvelB

Yeah, thanks for posting that map, Aohige! As for whether or not the Dark Continent would be a target of a power-hungry empire..... well, I'd guess that it would depend on what kind of resources/treasures could be found there (coal, oil, gold, diamonds, etc.). I mean, I think the continent is even supposed to be modeled after Africa, so would it really be surprising if some greedy foreigners decided to colonize there and milk the land for all it's worth....?
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-13, 22:57   Link #828
ellifeedn
Thinker

^ Assuming they can sail past the giant sea monsters.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-13, 23:22   Link #829
shalala

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Yeah, thanks for posting that map, Aohige! As for whether or not the Dark Continent would be a target of a power-hungry empire..... well, I'd guess that it would depend on what kind of resources/treasures could be found there (coal, oil, gold, diamonds, etc.). I mean, I think the continent is even supposed to be modeled after Africa, so would it really be surprising if some greedy foreigners decided to colonize there and milk the land for all it's worth....?
A town full of Fanalis. We still don't know how many there are in that town/village. That there is enough could power up any army. I would also guess there would be new herbs and stuff like that. Also we do know that there is different animals. Maybe it could also house King Solomon kingdom or what is left of it. As then that could set up the story of Aladdin's past as well as Ugos and More info on Djinns. Though Aladdin could also ask Sinbads and Kougyoku Ren Djinns for more info on his past.

Also I wonder how Musrur will feel if he is to go against his own friends from the Colosseum. Assume there where other fanalis at that time also fighting in the Colosseum. As he was a slave gladiator back when he was young until Sinbad saved him.
Old 2012-12-13, 23:46   Link #830
hawkeyesvn
The old ace of Arlington

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalala View Post

Also I wonder how Musrur will feel if he is to go against his own friends from the Colosseum. Assume there where other fanalis at that time also fighting in the Colosseum. As he was a slave gladiator back when he was young until Sinbad saved him.
I doubt there's Marsur's friend in that bunch. Considering Sindbad's nature, if there's more Fanalis than just Marsur, he will save them for sure. Not to mention that Rohroh said Mu rescue him and the other Fanalis from slavery around the world.
Old 2012-12-14, 00:38   Link #831
Hiroshi Amearai
Nuclear Fusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
Dunno if it's been posted in the anime thread or not... but damn. I don't know whether this one is a MAD or a legitimate PV, but I just couldn't stop laughing.

That was briliant. I can't stop laughing now
Old 2012-12-14, 15:57   Link #832
shalala

Quote:
I doubt there's Marsur's friend in that bunch. Considering Sindbad's nature, if there's more Fanalis than just Marsur, he will save them for sure. Not to mention that Rohroh said Mu rescue him and the other Fanalis from slavery around the world.
Yh you are correct I was under the impression that a few of them where also from Laem Colosseum. But after rereading it did say what you had said. Soo then how old would Mu be then. As he could well be the same age as Masrur. As I don't see why the king of Laem and Magi Sche would allow Sinbad to take one of their gladiators let alone a a Fanalis so some agreement was probably agreed.

As for Magnoshutatt would all the magicians be part of the war? If so how many would that be?
Old 2012-12-14, 19:07   Link #833
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Yh you are correct I was under the impression that a few of them where also from Laem Colosseum. But after rereading it did say what you had said. Soo then how old would Mu be then.
Masrur is 'only' 20 years old.

And from the flashback of Sinbad/Masrur's first encounter, we could tell that 'Adventures of Sinbad in Laem' happened at a very young age for him, while Masrur was probably 10 years old or less.

Quote:
As I don't see why the king of Laem and Magi Sche would allow Sinbad to take one of their gladiators let alone a a Fanalis so some agreement was probably agreed.
Eh, a free man has their freedom to choose who they serve. As long as Masrur's status as a slave was bought out/freed, I don't see why Laem would care about one Fanalis kid.

Quote:
As for Magnoshutatt would all the magicians be part of the war? If so how many would that be?
Moganett did say that he's giving the choice of siding with whatever country they'd like, or even leave Magnoshatt if they didn't want to be involved with the war.

I'm pretty sure he won't be giving these options to the 'goi', whom will quite likely be extracted more during the period of the war to power the magic tools.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-14, 20:48   Link #834
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post

So that explains Kougyoku's fascination with him...
Old 2012-12-14, 20:52   Link #835
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Because Magnoshutatt is ruled by a senile old man that doesn't give shit about other people's ideas and suggestions. And the second reason is because Scher acted like a jerk toward her "child".
Be fair now....for loli-magi, it's most likely she sees Titus as an extension of herself, like a hair or some other body part. Autonomous maybe but still stemming from herself.

Dumberdork OTOH is an utter pile of crap if you are not a mage...
Old 2012-12-14, 23:15   Link #836
shalala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Masrur is 'only' 20 years old.

And from the flashback of Sinbad/Masrur's first encounter, we could tell that 'Adventures of Sinbad in Laem' happened at a very young age for him, while Masrur was probably 10 years old or less.

Eh, a free man has their freedom to choose who they serve. As long as Masrur's status as a slave was bought out/freed, I don't see why Laem would care about one Fanalis kid.

Moganett did say that he's giving the choice of siding with whatever country they'd like, or even leave Magnoshatt if they didn't want to be involved with the war.

I'm pretty sure he won't be giving these options to the 'goi', whom will quite likely be extracted more during the period of the war to power the magic tools.
Thank you for answering my questions/things. Do you think the goi will be used a front line soldiers like the magicians where?

Also I wonder what part in this war will Aladdin have.

Anyone else hoping that the story will go back 6 months to show use what Alibaba and Mor have been doing and what effect will Aladdin story will have on them. So we wouldn't see the war arc for another few months given how long Alibaba and Mor arc could be if that was the case. As so far we only know that Alibaba is training in Laem with Toto and her group. Has got another magoi thus giving him more magoi and will probably have something to do with him getting Djinn equip with the result of that and the training. Plus he has gotten a monkey friend...(Sooo hope he will fight along side Alibaba and thus get a household vessel.) While Mor has been chilling with Yunan the smexy magi.
Old 2012-12-14, 23:40   Link #837
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Consideing Laem is Rome, the treatment of slaves may be vastly different from other nations or image of slavery in 19th century Europe and America.

Roman slaves could "buy themselves" out of slavery by paying a certain tax.
In fact, 5% of Roman citizens were freed slaves, and once freed, they were considered a citizen.
Some of them were extremely successful, and even held position in Roman politics.

Roman slavery was basically like the lowest class of poverty.
It wasn't rooted in racial or inherital properties, although those may have been the reason for being in slavery in the first place, they weren't a permanent property.

If Laem slavery is like Rome, a wealthier man "buying a slave out of slavery" would be a perfectly legal and common place practice.

Although slavery is a an inhumane, barbaric culture in ANY form, by comparison one could argue that Roman slavery was a bit more civilized than the Euro-American slavery of kidnapped Africans. (Although the argument could be refuted by the murderous treatment of slaves in colosseum and such, at least in Rome a slave had a chance.)
Old 2012-12-15, 00:37   Link #838
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

The Romans were "funny" when it came to slaves...they were pretty much regarded as objects by the official citizens, killing a slave in the middle of the street was almost the same as breaking a bottle and leaving it there. If the guards saw it, he might get a reprimand for littering. But touching another's slave, even if it were just laying a hand on them was a serious problem. They could have sexual relations with slaves but always had to be the dominant one! Hell, one of the Roman Emperors was killed by his own guards for pretending to be a woman being raped by a slave during a play (this was an extreme case though).

But on the other hand not only could slaves buy their freedom (citizenship was a different matter though), many masters allowed the slaves to do as they pleased outside their duties. There were also things like neighborhood watch groups composed of slaves, they were payed by the empire to watch over an area at night.

At times they were treated at the lowest point possible for any slave anywhere in history but a lot of the times they were basically low class people, barely distinguishable from actually free non-citizens. Actually, there were times when foreigners were treated WORST than slaves.

As for gladiators. Well yea and no. They were mostly slaves, but they were highly trained (meaning they were never just dumped in there with no experience) and valuable. And by valuable I do mean valuable, owners were often very worried about their health. Actual death matches were RARE, very often gladiators were shown mercy and lived (subsequently punished by their masters) and if they became useless for fighting or were just horrible at it, they were put to good use in other jobs...they were never wasted and just killed off.
Those that were killed quite a lot in the Colosseum were more often than not CRIMINALS rather than slaves like we see in movies (like the Gladiator). When a war play was staged in the Colosseum the losing party was always criminals awaiting execution and these guys were never shown mercy...they were always slaughtered in the worst ways. Yes! Slaves were treated better than criminals as well.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-15, 04:11   Link #839
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Guys, today we have the number of slaves around the world more than any other period. We simply change its name to "forced labour due to debt"...
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-15, 14:01   Link #840
shalala

As we still don't know the time Sinbad befriend Masrur one would assume it would be after he had captured the first dungeon Baal. By doing so he would have enough gold/sliver to travel to Laem and while there was able to train with Yambala Gladiators and thus would have befriend Masrur.

Does anyone know if the The Adventures of Sinbad has been translated?

Tags
fantasy, licensed, manga, shounen