AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2006-06-08, 07:40   Link #121
monster

I like them all actually, as far as anime goes, so I just list them in order of preference.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-08, 11:05   Link #122
frok
Banned

Send a message via MSN to frok
Cool

Although I've only really started REALLY watching Gundam after SEED, I would have say Gundam Wing is my fav even though I only watched it sparingly but I've heard a lot of people like it. I think that the battles in Wing are much less predicatble and there is better character development. I think that the Mobile Suits/Gundams are a little better drawn in Wing also. But I still like Lacus much more than the girls of Wing, sorry that's just how I feel. It was love at first sight ever since I saw Mizz Lacus float out of that lifepod...
frok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-20, 21:37   Link #123
Dijin

New guy, but i have a couple questions.

Hye everyone,
Im was a avid watcher of all the Gudam series a couple years ago and i was thinking of watching it again but instead of wasting time watching the beggining of all the diffrenet ones i was wondering what everyone thought was the best and also.

If anyone can tell me the name of a gundam who is like red and black and has a whip thingy.

and, if someone could show me a good pic of the black tri-stars.
Dijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-20, 21:44   Link #124
Coolrush

Send a message via AIM to Coolrush
The name of the Gundam is Epyon which is from Gundam Wing.
Coolrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-21, 06:12   Link #125
RavenHawk
Tsundere Killer

Send a message via MSN to RavenHawk Send a message via Yahoo to RavenHawk
Mine:

Gundam Wing
Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam
Mobile Suit Gundam
Gundam G

I'm going to hunt down the other UC's.
RavenHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-21, 12:41   Link #126
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Looks like I've never thought of this question until now~

My favorite franchise in the Gundam universe? Plenty.

UC:

I never liked the original series, but I love the OVAs and found the movie to be a worthy addition.

MS08 Team
Char's Counterattack

For the alternative universe, not many stands out.

Turn A Gundam - For the characters, NOT the Gundam design. Those were ugly as hell.
SEED & Destiny - This one should be obvious.
Gundam Wing Endless Waltz - The movie only, NOT the series!

And now, I am finding Gundam 00 to be very interesting.

- Tak
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-21, 14:47   Link #127
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

gundam seed
gundam seed destiny
gundam wing
G gundam
gundam00

I have to see the other gundam series .... but this for now
The Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-23, 12:08   Link #128
TypeR
Fate X Destiny

CCA
Z
08th MS Team
V
Gundam 00 (Still varying)

That's about it, haven't watched Turn A
Old 2007-10-23, 16:15   Link #129
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Gundam W but im pretty fond of Gundam XX and 0083 so its pretty close.
Old 2007-11-01, 01:22   Link #130
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

SEED and 08th MS Team are my absoulte favourites. But I also rate Gundam X (which is severly underrated), Turn A Gundam and Destiny highly.

Want to know who did this kickass sig? Just click it!
Last_Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-03, 23:57   Link #131
ToxicNarcotic
Fun Drunk

Send a message via AIM to ToxicNarcotic
0080 war in the pocket for me. A lot of people don't like it because of the lack of battles, but if you're able to supress your bloodlust for a while and look at the bigger picture you'll find it rather enjoyable. It may not have had a lot of battles, but the ones it did have were plain friggin' awesome. The opening with the Z'gok's, omg that was sweet. Also the gunfight was amazing something I really, really, didn't expect from a mecha series.
ToxicNarcotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-04, 00:06   Link #132
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

I absolutely agree there. Character design also came from my favorite artist.

Although despite the lack of battles, War in the Pocket gave me my absolute favorite Mobile Suit of all time, the:

SturmPanzerKampfGrenadier Modell: Einhauen (or just the Kampfer, for the utterly unimaginative )

- Tak
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-06, 18:37   Link #133
ToxicNarcotic
Fun Drunk

Send a message via AIM to ToxicNarcotic
Haha, yeah the Kampfer was sweet. That shotgun and bomb strap were just awesome.
ToxicNarcotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-06, 19:04   Link #134
digi.amuro

Gundam Wing
8th MS Team
Gundam Seed

These are the series I never finished but liked alot anyways

G Gundam
MS Gundam
Gundam 00

I realize I'll be stoned for the next one, but...

SD Gundam Force

I know the show itself sucked, the dub sucked, and all that, but for me it was a refreshing change from the usual gundam.
Old 2007-11-06, 20:43   Link #135
tetsuo69

1-Seed
2-8ms team
3-Gundam wind
4-G Gundam
5-Gundam X
6-Gundam Seed destiny
7-Z Gundam
8-ZZ Gundam
Old 2007-11-07, 20:49   Link #136
The Blacknoah
Maniacal Dictator

Message from the Blacknoah:

Greetings, fellow Gundam enthusiasts! This is my first post on this site (please be nice to me).

Anyhow, after reading the previous posts, I just can't help but relay to you my favorite Gundam series as well:

1). Gundam Wing: the one that started it all for me. Without it (and the Gundam Deathscythe), the word GUNDAM would never be etched in my (or almost everybody else's) anime' loving brain. Yeah, other series may have better story, but I wouldn't even bother watching them if not for this. Thus, it gains the no. 1 spot in my list. Remember: No Gundam Wing, no mainstream Gundam fad.

2). Mobile Suit Gundam: show respect for the Newtype gods that are Amuro Ray & Char Aznable.

3). Mobile suit Gundam Char's Counterattack: Genius. Just plain genius. It'll be a million years before GSD could match this epic.

4). G Gundam: Oh noes, don't get me started with the "ITS TEH SUXXORS CUZ THEY DEFY THE LAWS OF REALISM" (hey, the entire Gundam series can be bashed for the same exact thing), this one works because it had a good plot that any kung-fu anime' fan can munch on. Plus, it has the legendary "Nobel Gundam". 'Nuff said.

5). Gundam SEED: After getting to play thru their story in Super Robot Wars J, I got hooked. It's a nice series, I just don't like most of the characters & the mecha designs. In fact, only three characters have appealed to me: my beloved Lacus Clyne, Mu la Flaga & Murrue Ramius. I wouldn't have watched it in full if it weren't for them.

6). Gundam X: Garrod & Tifa's love story had great potential. It's just that the %#%^ producers had to ruin the plot just for the sake of money... oh well. At least we have the Satellite cannon...

I have yet to see the other UC era series & Turn A (can't find a good copy of 'em T_T), but those 6 have made me love the wonderful anime series that is Gundam.
The Blacknoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-07, 23:33   Link #137
ashesatdusk

Send a message via AIM to ashesatdusk
Gundam Seed was really well done, but I've liked everyone besides one the original Director has done, and Mobile Fighter G Gundam. Killem all tomino or what ever his name is. Oddly I've never managed to get into any of the stuff he's done including the more recent stuff. The original time line is fine, I just don't like his style of story telling. and its funny since I like seed, which is supposedly really similair.

I liked wing when I was 12 but it by far would be my least favourite of the ones I enjoyed. When you get older and/or expand your horizon you really begin to realize wings characters and story sucks. As for shonen characters who are supper powerful and get into pretty fights wing is the winner.
Old 2007-11-10, 21:08   Link #138
Cherudim Arche

Gundam Wing

Gundam Seed

G Gundam

Endless waltz

GSD
Cherudim Arche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-10, 21:33   Link #139
Geass
~Power of the King~

Talking

1) Gundam 00

way...

way...

way...

way down...

1000) Gundam SEED
1001) Gundam SEED Destiny

Old 2007-11-10, 23:25   Link #140
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Gundam Wing: All bow to the awesomeness that is the Wing Gundam Zero. Has *any* gundam ever recorded such large-scale destruction so as to detonate several colonies before? Doubt it.

Gundam SEED/Destiny: IMO the first time we actually saw a character change so dynamically and dramatically as Kira Yamato, who went from an average guy/programming genius (okay, he's not so average anymore) to a knight in every sense of what we think of as one, while still maintaining who he was inside. Not to mention Lacus is simply a goddess--I wonder if the CE series was when we actually saw a gundam girl create Gundams directly for pilots she had in mind. The whole princesses and knights thing really gives SEED the best characters IMO, due to the changes they undergo.

Gundam 00: So far the FFXII of Gundam for me--heavy-handed on the politics with very the supposed main character being a lack of anything major with a side-character carrying the entire show (go Lockon!). If it doesn't stop putting everything on Lockon's shoulders to carry the series, it'll quickly go bad IMO.