Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2011-10-21, 16:09   Link #141
Allen
メインヒロイン

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_cat1 View Post
Allen-sensei, can you explain about the ability of Asama, especially about the offering part and...some memories she had with Toori. Did he grope her boobs?
A little late, but after reading again some chapters from the first part of the first volume there was a talk involving that (^). The answer is yes. He did that in the first day that Asama used (was going to use) a bra. Unfortunately they cut that in the anime... Because of these small cuts that the class looks kind of normal to me...
Quote:
Originally Posted by endarion88 View Post
the red/white outfit of asama in ep 3 is supposed to be a sci-fi miko costume?
Yup.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
Wait what? Is this ever delved into further in the series or was it already discussed before in this thread?
There is a focus on this at the same episode she fights. And normally you can see that too (even if she acts like a crazy nee-chan most of the time).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
I'm quite intrigued about Miriam's name. She scribbled her name on her dormitory room as "Miriam Poqou", which is quite an unusual name (the reason why her name stays as "Polk" in the wiki).

When I was looking for more info on Miriam, the article on a Kyoukaisen atwiki about Miriam says that there are clues that involve flipping her surname or her name.

I don't know what that means, since the reversed of "poqou" — "nobod" — doesn't give out any clues by itself.
I didn't realize that... Well, this nobod may have some link to the word nobody, but this is probably not the right answer too. In the first chapter that she talks, there is something like:

"I was thinking that it was Nobody, but I was wrong. No body is wrong too, then what is it?"

Source:
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
I'm still thinking of whether I should buy them or not because one of the volumes has real big boobies on the cover. People who don't know me may think I have a kyonyuu fetish. >_<
Then why not buy "just" the first two volumes? Those covers are normal... right? Well, at least better than Neito Maman's cover. And if you really like you'll probably don't bother about the kyonyuu aspect anymore
Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-22, 19:12   Link #142
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Ok....so I went and got Horizon v4 mid....and the title says Genesis Series.....

This whole thing so far is just the prologue?! Wow, eat your heart out Kagami-sensei...

EDIT:

USSR in this setting...? Lolz hope they appear soon, kinda out of place with the rest of the timeline...

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2011-10-23 at 03:09.
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-23, 04:59   Link #143
Cattleprod
the wise

i was wondering if theres a translated version of the light novels (to english) and a place to buy them?
Cattleprod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-23, 07:41   Link #144
tsunade666

horizon isn't being translated into proper english book so you can't buy it in translation. But you can buy the japanese or the original one.
Old 2011-10-23, 07:54   Link #145
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I finally understood why "law of causation" was included in the original synopsis: based on the synopsis of Owari no Chronicle, there are ten alternate worlds that are about to collide, and one of those alternate worlds engaged in a war that destroyed the other nine.

This event probably had negative events in the future, and we end up with a screwed up world.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-23, 08:26   Link #146
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
I finally understood why "law of causation" was included in the original synopsis: based on the synopsis of Owari no Chronicle, there are ten alternate worlds that are about to collide, and one of those alternate worlds engaged in a war that destroyed the other nine.

This event probably had negative events in the future, and we end up with a screwed up world.
Link?

Suddenly, the description of higher planes and power of gods makes more sense...
Old 2011-10-23, 09:20   Link #147
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Here's the Owari no Chronicle thread.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-25, 08:14   Link #148
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

The wiki links are most interesting...does this mean the story here could link from Genesis to the City Era with its conclusion?

Sad that Panzerpolice is completely out of stock though...
Old 2011-10-25, 09:10   Link #149
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
The wiki links are most interesting...does this mean the story here could link from Genesis to the City Era with its conclusion?

Sad that Panzerpolice is completely out of stock though...
Probably.

Most of the tech in GENESIS came from the AHEAD age after all. The gravity control power from the robots are from 3rd G. The dragonfly spear's overpowerness was developed in 2nd G etc.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-25, 09:14   Link #150
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
Probably.

Most of the tech in GENESIS came from the AHEAD age after all. The gravity control power from the robots are from 3rd G. The dragonfly spear's overpowerness was developed in 2nd G etc.
No I mean as in plotwise...I wonder if say the cast of Horizon somehow kick started the process of attempting to halt the apocalypse cycle paving the way for the City era setting...
Old 2011-10-25, 09:23   Link #151
Kunagisa

Quote:
No I mean as in plotwise...I wonder if say the cast of Horizon somehow kick started the process of attempting to halt the apocalypse cycle paving the way for the City era setting...
Plot wise they are far too apart to have direct relevance I think. I mean there's still an OVERTURE age in the middle of GENESIS and CITY.
Old 2011-10-25, 09:26   Link #152
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
Plot wise they are far too apart to have direct relevance I think. I mean there's still an OVERTURE age in the middle of GENESIS and CITY.
The only source for that age is an artbook by Kawakami.

The description does make it sound as if its just basically the period where the GENESIS age reaches its absolute worst though...
Old 2011-10-25, 09:46   Link #153
Kunagisa

Quote:

The description does make it sound as if its just basically the period where the GENESIS age reaches its absolute worst though...
Yeah, well I guess it's slightly more than an artbook, isn't there a short story attached to it as well?

Honestly, I wonder how long Horizon will go, the characters and the world are just so awesome. The more I read about it the more I get addicted. Also, I don't know if you go to komica, but there are some translated parts for Tenzou there. I must say he really is the winner in life ... if I was his dad I would've kicked him out of the house too.

EDIT: Haha someone started TLing vol 2 to Chinese. YUUSSSSSSS
Old 2011-10-25, 10:00   Link #154
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Don't know....The artbook is also ultra-rare....

Komica? Unfortunately my fan-ti Chinese is ironically far worse than my Japanese....
Old 2011-10-25, 10:18   Link #155
Kunagisa

Buff your chinese! 4chan, 2ch, and Komica = everything you need to know about internet.
Old 2011-10-25, 14:33   Link #156
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Quote:

Yeah, OBSTACLE just sounds like humanity became trapped in the GENESIS cycle of repeating history. I guess Toori and the gang will end up failing in their revolution?
Old 2011-10-25, 19:15   Link #157
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
Yeah, OBSTACLE just sounds like humanity became trapped in the GENESIS cycle of repeating history. I guess Toori and the gang will end up failing in their revolution?
But that can't be the point can it....? Unless this is like some utsuge, something good should come out of this...

Quote:
Buff your chinese!
I wish...living in a place where jian bi chinese and japanese is far more readily available than the original script...
Old 2011-10-25, 22:11   Link #158
larethian

Quote:
But that can't be the point can it....? Unless this is like some utsuge, something good should come out of this...

I wish...living in a place where jian bi chinese and japanese is far more readily available than the original script...
jian ti you mean? but I used to read publications from Taiwan, comics, books, and the 4 great works of China, so I'm fine with fan ti.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-25, 22:25   Link #159
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
jian ti you mean? but I used to read publications from Taiwan, comics, books, and the 4 great works of China, so I'm fine with fan ti.
I'm sucky with fan ti and the normal simplified is like only middle-school standard (ie worse than fan ti due to trauma in early education...)
Old 2011-10-25, 23:36   Link #160
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorningGlory View Post
@stuopidget
The Japanese word I pick from your link is from the "walk-through guide on how to read and understand Kawakami's Novel" .Ya, I don't know about his work that why I am reading it, and the first sentence he already mention that each series are not related to each other and Each series has its own unique world pattern .So don't mixed with other world setting such as forth,ahead, and Age.

To be honest,I not even sure why did all the explanatory like to use out space in this....
http://i983.photobucket.com/albums/a...yfy/xx1-30.jpg
how can you even destroy "outer space".....After comparing the explanation in LN and your explanation. I am even more confusing...
Actually if you read carefully in the LN explanation, you will realize it sound like journey to the east + Noah's Ark
You are probably right. I am just reading translated information and documents. My Japanese level is only one year in college, so I understood as no direct connection and you can read as its own, but not unrelated. There are like 200,000+ posts on discussion of all his work on 2ch, and I'm honestly only understanding the iceberg of them all. Yet, some of the connections are so apparent that you can't just say they are totally unrelated (such as the usage of Tes. in Owari no Chronicle and Horizon are the same).

Since I'm working under the assumption that the works are related, I can't prove where they are from because there's no previous stories in the EDGE timeline. You believe the story is independent and I concede if that is true, your interpretation is correct. Yet, if this is the case, there is no prequel to the story. I have not gotten beyond volume 1. Allen here has read up to vol 4(?). Maybe he can shed some light if there are information regarding the ancestry of the different races in Horizon, and if the Angels are literally Angels in the biblical literature and have divine powers.

Tags
boobs, harem, history, mecha, political negotiations, science fiction, shounen