AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-12-04, 09:26   Link #1081
walt

Hey do you read Ranobe in japanese????
Old 2009-12-04, 09:28   Link #1082
LastResolve

since he can control vectors it should be possible for him to change the direction of the rotetion of the entire planet but that would be both suicide and way too much but still he holds the power to destroy the world
Old 2009-12-04, 10:46   Link #1083
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastResolve View Post
since he can control vectors it should be possible for him to change the direction of the rotetion of the entire planet but that would be both suicide and way too much but still he holds the power to destroy the world
He can control the vectors of the objects he touches. He can't change the vectors of things he isn't touching. Nothing more, nothing less.

While he could reverse the direction of the ground he's standing on/touching, what happens geologically is that the rocks he's touching can only push so much else before they break.

It's the Superman-plane delima: no matter how strong or invincible Superman himself is, the plane he's catching isn't strong enough to be held at two tiny points of pressure. Material strength would fail, and it would crumple. Same things would happen to Accelerator if he tried to change planetary rotation: the rocks he's touching go different direction, and then consequently get demolished by the rest of the planet that isn't going for the ride. He can through spare beams because they have the strength to hold themselves together to extreme points, but after a point any and all objects will break into smaller parts when force is applied like so.

If Accelerator got to Level 6 and was able to expand his effect indefinitely over entire systems of objects, it might be possible. Might. But currently Accelerator is limited to what vectors come into contact with him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Accelerator can't do such massive vector change like gravity. Because if he start messing with it. It will cause other place to change also on its gravitational force. Just like what he did on the wind. Compressing it on a certain point. Makes the wind draw towards it forming a cyclone or plasma but with it. It also affects the wind on the whole city. That's why when the imouto change the direction of wind with the generators. Accelerator's calculation messed up. And even if accelerator can't change the gravity's vector he can change himself. By repelling the gravity or the ground's force making him bounce or move in an instant.
Accelerator doesn't change gravity: Accelerator changes the effects of gravity vectors on himself.

That's the fundamental limit of Accelerator's power at its present level: something has to be in direct contact with him in order to be changed. Field-forces, which are infinite integral sum effects, and not single items he could change elsewhere.
Old 2009-12-04, 12:34   Link #1084
HyperCube

And what if Accelerator is trying to control something which is already under the control of another force?

For exemple if a telekinesist throw a knife on him (controlled by his power) so can he control that knife vector? or that depends on the control power of the enemy?
Old 2009-12-04, 18:26   Link #1085
LastResolve

btw in novel 19 did touma leveled up or he is still a 0?
Old 2009-12-04, 21:01   Link #1086
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastResolve View Post
btw in novel 19 did touma leveled up or he is still a 0?
No, the vol. 19 is focussed in Accelerator.
Old 2009-12-04, 21:06   Link #1087
BlueDo

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperCube View Post
And what if Accelerator is trying to control something which is already under the control of another force?

For exemple if a telekinesist throw a knife on him (controlled by his power) so can he control that knife vector? or that depends on the control power of the enemy?
A regular telekinesist has more range than Accelerator.
Accelerator can only reflect the knife after it touches him.
If the telekinesist is still trying to push the knife, Accelerator would either divert the force, or use Newton's 3rd law to hit the Telekniesist.
But it doesn't matter, as it's only a moment before the knife bounces off.
Old 2009-12-04, 22:48   Link #1088
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:

Of course he can. Accelerator even took control of Kakine's wings and use it against him.
Old 2009-12-05, 00:18   Link #1089
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean_the_Young View Post

Accelerator doesn't change gravity: Accelerator changes the effects of gravity vectors on himself.

That's the fundamental limit of Accelerator's power at its present level: something has to be in direct contact with him in order to be changed. Field-forces, which are infinite integral sum effects, and not single items he could change elsewhere.
I' am talking about himself though I'm not good at english. I'm talking about the way gravity affects him. HE ALTERS it on himself. Not the gravity. Like I also said that he can't alter the gravity himself but can alter its way on HIMSELF

And normally I think accelerator can't alter others power. But due to his black wings. The vectors that didn't really exist or out of the law can exist.
Old 2009-12-05, 09:28   Link #1090
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL

Quote:

Accelerator is the strongest level 5 (or was), so I think it's safe to say his powers outweigh other peoples. What would likely happen is the immediate vector changes as it's in contact with him, would bounce away, but the moment it's out of his influence the previous force would re-apply itself.

So you'd get a knife that 'bounces' from the target, but keep going back towards him. Sort of like a rubber ball on concrete, sort of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
I' am talking about himself though I'm not good at english. I'm talking about the way gravity affects him. HE ALTERS it on himself. Not the gravity. Like I also said that he can't alter the gravity himself but can alter its way on HIMSELF
Alright, my apologies to you, then. Just wanted to be clear.
Quote:
And normally I think accelerator can't alter others power. But due to his black wings. The vectors that didn't really exist or out of the law can exist.
Can someone expand on what the Black Wings do/allow him to do, beside be a typic bad-boy accessory item?
Old 2009-12-05, 11:11   Link #1091
tsunade666

hmm.........

The black wings is hard to understand if you tried to read it half wise. Well I only read the unofficial translation and and very hard to understand if you read it directly.

From what I can gather ( hope someone correct me or give more info )

well I can tell a story about when it first appear ( I haven't read vol 15 yet )
Spoiler for a little info about black wings:

hope someone clarifies more but the end point. WINGS = AWAKEN = AIM
Old 2009-12-05, 11:12   Link #1092
HyperCube

Quote:
If the telekinesist is still trying to push the knife, Accelerator would either divert the force, or use Newton's 3rd law to hit the Telekniesist
How can he use Newton 3rd on an object which is not naturally controlled,because when and object is under telekinesis control, it ignores any physical property (as air frottage,gravity...) so no vectors.(maybe you're talking about the vector created when their powers collide against each other,which is another story).

Of course if the fact that he can use other people powers against them,so it makes him have a sort of "imagine controller" since he can control any thing whether it's normal or paranormal.

Quote:
Accelerator is the strongest level 5 (or was), so I think it's safe to say his powers outweigh other peoples. What would likely happen is the immediate vector changes as it's in contact with him, would bounce away, but the moment it's out of his influence the previous force would re-apply itself.

So you'd get a knife that 'bounces' from the target, but keep going back towards him. Sort of like a rubber ball on concrete, sort of.
well,that's true.It's the only explanations which seems to be the most logical one.

Quote:
Can someone expand on what the Black Wings do/allow him to do, beside be a typic bad-boy accessory item?
It's a key item in all classic shonen(like the pantsu in ecchi animes...),so it isn't a surprise to see this here.
Old 2009-12-05, 11:18   Link #1093
tsunade666

black wing exist and it kick sorry arse out of the bad guys. Not just any accessory or for good looks and beside its not good looking its rather creepy if you ask me.
Old 2009-12-05, 12:11   Link #1094
Goldsmith

So if I'm to understand this correctly

Spoiler for Accelerator wings:
Old 2009-12-05, 12:13   Link #1095
tsunade666

that's right..... well basically his dead. His not moving anymore before that part. And considered his situation WAAAAAAAAAAAAY pass the time limit.
Old 2009-12-05, 21:08   Link #1096
Goldsmith

So, how strong are magic users compared to espers? Are Saints the "level 5's" of the magic world?
Old 2009-12-05, 21:14   Link #1097
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldsmith View Post
So, how strong are magic users compared to espers? Are Saints the "level 5's" of the magic world?
Suppose to I guess, but there are 20 Saints compare to only 7 Level 5s.

And it's hard to say- on one hand the Espers could use their powers anytime they want, but they can only use that one power- Along with whatever effects.

Magic users have alot to consider; apparently the requirement to cast a spell needs to be very specific, otherwise it won't work. But Magicians can use a variety off spells, and those spells doesn't have to follow physical law at all.
Old 2009-12-05, 21:25   Link #1098
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldsmith View Post
Yes, but with the exception of the number 2(Teitoku) and the number one(Accelerator), they are on another level.
Old 2009-12-05, 22:04   Link #1099
tsunade666

Yap the top two are far stronger than the 3rd and above that makes it no sense on how to measure one level.

The top two are already far cry from the rest and with their wings mode on they can even cheat the law of physics.

Well if you compare that their are only 7 level 5 on student academy vs the saints of the world. Then the answer should be obvious with all unknown saints their but if its battle straight on with only 5 vs 5 like what's been debated before then the result will be unknown.

Knowing that the strongest yet know mage is incomplete and the top 2 is dead. They are both in disadvantage but I will still put my bet on the magicians.

and also no KAMIJOU TOUMA IN THE RANKS>>>>> <<<<< that's cheating on the esper side. Knowing that accelerator is like a walking cheat codes already with game shark on when wigns mode. It will be one sided.
Old 2009-12-06, 00:23   Link #1100
ellifeedn
Thinker

Don't forget about the angels, gods, and whatever else there is on that level, which I assume is the magical equivalent to level 6.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen