AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hanasaku Iroha

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-05-12, 14:44   Link #61
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
As for Ohana, I think that Okada will very skillfully move her into a real dramatic pickle of a situation. I can see Ohana being simultaneously torn between growing feelings for Tooru and a long history with Ko, as well as torn between growing feelings for Tooru and not wanting to hurt Minchi by getting involved with Tooru.
Indeed. The thing going on here, is that Ohana right now has a pretty low opinion of Tooru. Though since she's the oblivious type, she'll probably take incidents of Tooru being *nice* merely as a confirmation that he'd make a decent boyfriend for Minchi. Then of course, like always Ohana gets caught off guard when she finds out that Tooru likes HER. Thus of course, we have drama, where Ohana considers the ramifications of going out with Tooru.

Though. I've always thought that given the way Grandma runs the inn, Tooru would probably feel it wouldn't be prudent to ask his bosses granddaughter out without running it by her.
Old 2011-05-12, 15:19   Link #62
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
Though. I've always thought that given the way Grandma runs the inn, Tooru would probably feel it wouldn't be prudent to ask his bosses granddaughter out without running it by her.
The only thing she'd care about if it comes to that is whether or not this would have any effect on either of their work or repercussions on relationships with the other staff (especially Minko). Ohana's her estranged grand-daughter so I doubt she would really take it too personally.
Old 2011-05-12, 16:30   Link #63
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuyoshi View Post
The only thing she'd care about if it comes to that is whether or not this would have any effect on either of their work or repercussions on relationships with the other staff (especially Minko). Ohana's her estranged grand-daughter so I doubt she would really take it too personally.
The end of episode 4 (and six for that matte) makes it pretty clear this is a jerk ass facade. If she really didn't feel like Ohana was her daughter, she wouldn't have bothered talking to her dead husband about how she was pleased with her grand daughter.

Also. Who knows what other development might happen until anything dramatic happens with Tohru.
Old 2011-05-12, 19:11   Link #64
.x.crii.x.
To the beat//

What Rambo said.

The Grandma does indeed care for Ohana, she just tries to act stern but she clearly has a soft spot for her granddaughter.

About her caring about Tooru's relationship with Ohana, I do agree that she would want to be informed of it first or would come to find out about the "attraction" going on between them perhaps even before Tooru decides to talk with her.
Old 2011-05-12, 21:19   Link #65
Sugarless Ocean
Ms. Procrastinator

Around the end of episode 6, Ohana can already see that her Grandmother isn't as mean as she thought. I'm guessing the same will happen with Tohru, if the anime goes that way.

Quote:
would come to find out about the "attraction" going on between them perhaps even before Tooru decides to talk with her.
^Can totally see that happening And Tohru being in total denial about it.

Last edited by Sugarless Ocean; 2011-05-12 at 21:34.
Old 2011-05-14, 08:40   Link #66
.x.crii.x.
To the beat//

I just woke up like 20 mins ago and had to get on the forum to talk about a weird dream I had.

I had a TooruxOhana dream (its my second one). It had to doo with tomorrow episode. In it, Tomoe was telling Ohana in the kitchen that she was seriously considering leaving Kissuiso, and Ohana told her to not leave. Tomoe went about her funny self telling Ohana that she was so calm because she already had a "boyfriend" (referring to Ko). Ohana immedietly went red and started to say that he wasn't her boyfriend. Since Tooru was in the kitchen he heard and got mad/jealous.

He said: "Hah?! So even someone like you can get a guy interested in you."

And then he just walked out. Ohana as usual was dense as to why he was mad and resorted to saying she still didn't like him/fond of him. The others just watched in awe as they saw Tooru being Tsun-tsun. xD

Iīd lol so hard if something like this ends up happening next ep. :P
Old 2011-05-14, 11:10   Link #67
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by .x.crii.x. View Post
I just woke up like 20 mins ago and had to get on the forum to talk about a weird dream I had.

I had a TooruxOhana dream (its my second one). It had to doo with tomorrow episode. In it, Tomoe was telling Ohana in the kitchen that she was seriously considering leaving Kissuiso, and Ohana told her to not leave. Tomoe went about her funny self telling Ohana that she was so calm because she already had a "boyfriend" (referring to Ko). Ohana immedietly went red and started to say that he wasn't her boyfriend. Since Tooru was in the kitchen he heard and got mad/jealous.

He said: "Hah?! So even someone like you can get a guy interested in you."

And then he just walked out. Ohana as usual was dense as to why he was mad and resorted to saying she still didn't like him/fond of him. The others just watched in awe as they saw Tooru being Tsun-tsun. xD

Iīd lol so hard if something like this ends up happening next ep. :P
You know, considering you dreamed that up, that's freakishly realistic in terms of the way the characters act around each other
Old 2011-05-14, 12:40   Link #68
VentAileron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
Indeed. The thing going on here, is that Ohana right now has a pretty low opinion of Tooru. Though since she's the oblivious type, she'll probably take incidents of Tooru being *nice* merely as a confirmation that he'd make a decent boyfriend for Minchi. Then of course, like always Ohana gets caught off guard when she finds out that Tooru likes HER. Thus of course, we have drama, where Ohana considers the ramifications of going out with Tooru.
+1 vote for a plot like that that could last more than 1 episode. Would be a good parallel to what happened to her and Ko, ergo it would be a good plot to give Ohana's personality a 180. Maybe the show could go somewhere with something like that.
Old 2011-05-14, 15:33   Link #69
.x.crii.x.
To the beat//

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuyoshi View Post
You know, considering you dreamed that up, that's freakishly realistic in terms of the way the characters act around each other
I know right? xDD I was like: Woah, what if I...like just had a vision of the next episode?! xDD

Lol.
Old 2011-05-15, 06:48   Link #70
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

Definitely can't wit for the next episode there will be some development regarding this for sure today.
Old 2011-05-15, 13:22   Link #71
.x.crii.x.
To the beat//

No Tooru this ep...I is disappoint. :<
Old 2011-05-15, 14:09   Link #72
Sugarless Ocean
Ms. Procrastinator

I know right? I was anticipating for him to appear but he was only mentioned in the episode...
Old 2011-05-15, 14:55   Link #73
.x.crii.x.
To the beat//

^I knooooooooooow. D: And I even woke up extra early to watch the 2.chan thread.

Why, Tooru, whyyyyyyyyyyy?!

I think the staff just wanted to make us look forward to it and then bam:

"weīre trolling them!"

Dx

Dem evil peeps. >.<;;

ALL WEEK LONG I was so looking forward to ep 7 and seeing more of Tooru but alas....-goes to emo corner-
Old 2011-05-15, 17:13   Link #74
Sugarless Ocean
Ms. Procrastinator

WHY DOES IT HAVE TO BE ON A SUNDAY???

Last week was so long for me, I couldn't bear it. Hopefully this week will be better orz
Old 2011-05-15, 17:32   Link #75
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarless Ocean View Post
WHY DOES IT HAVE TO BE ON A SUNDAY???

Last week was so long for me, I couldn't bear it. Hopefully this week will be better orz
Well it's not like them scheduling their weekly release on sunday's makes it take longer to release episodes.
Old 2011-05-15, 17:34   Link #76
.x.crii.x.
To the beat//

lol donīt worry Ocean. I was the same as you all week long. I kept on looking at the clock...waiting for the days to fade away. And finally sunday arrived...and what did I get?

NO TOORU. DX
Old 2011-05-15, 17:35   Link #77
Sugarless Ocean
Ms. Procrastinator

Sundays take long to come though... :<

EDIT: NO TOORU. But I do love that we finally get some background on somebody. Whoot go Tomoe-neesan!!
Old 2011-05-15, 17:37   Link #78
.x.crii.x.
To the beat//

xD As of now itīll be 6d 14h 23m until the next episode.

http://www.mahou.org/Showtime/?o=ET

look for HanaIro on the list. Itīll tell you how much time until it airs again. xD
Old 2011-05-15, 17:43   Link #79
Sugarless Ocean
Ms. Procrastinator

Why are there animes that have already aired in the currently airing list? It's so confusing...
Old 2011-05-15, 17:47   Link #80
.x.crii.x.
To the beat//

"Currently Airing"

Refers to all the animes airing this season on TV. Not just seasonal animes, even re-runs.
Closed Thread

Tags
characters