AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-06-24, 22:01   Link #7801
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
Agree that Asuka would suffer more if they manage to stay together...Asuka knows that he doesn't love her so that's no point to stay anyway

And since the whole thing has become a mess, any decision Haruto is going to make should at least be loyal to his real intention...another lie would hurt everyone much much more...

it's just that I don't like the part where he changes his heart too fast (within two days)...or maybe he hasn't changed his feeling at all since the Tokyo arc (which should be obvious by now )...don't understand why he is so obsessed with Eba...maybe it's because they never really start a real relationship (he couldn't really feel that he had a gf in that long-distance relationship) and the fact that it was Eba who dumped him
Couldn't say he didn't love Asuka at all, just not enough compare to Eba (obsession w/ first love?).

Agreed, things were rushing too quickly, maybe its a good thing? Its painful to see the manga drag on any more, where good girls like Ranka miss out~ I mean Asuka.

BTW - any news of the second movie for Macross Frontier being sub release on internet?
Old 2011-06-24, 22:36   Link #7802
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
Agree that Asuka would suffer more if they manage to stay together...Asuka knows that he doesn't love her so that's no point to stay anyway

And since the whole thing has become a mess, any decision Haruto is going to make should at least be loyal to his real intention...another lie would hurt everyone much much more...

it's just that I don't like the part where he changes his heart too fast (within two days)...or maybe he hasn't changed his feeling at all since the Tokyo arc (which should be obvious by now )...don't understand why he is so obsessed with Eba...maybe it's because they never really start a real relationship (he couldn't really feel that he had a gf in that long-distance relationship) and the fact that it was Eba who dumped him
i gotta wonder if Haruto actually intended to be mean about the break up. He was just shown that Asuka is more than willing to just live a lie. if he was kind about the break up she might not be so willing to move on and continue pursuing te impossible. If he is a jerk about it though she might be more keen to find someone new.
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-24, 22:45   Link #7803
KLGChaos
The Shermain

With me, it's not that he broke up with Asuka when he realized he didn't love her. Breaking up with her instead of stringing her along is the right way to do it. However, it's all the lying before-hand and the disregard for her feelings beforehand that made is bad. That and the fact that I just don't get how he can break up with a good girlfriend of two years for someone who dumped him a long time ago. Seriously, it's irrational... almost like a beaten wife who keeps going back to her husband because they "love" him. Stockholme Syndrome, maybe? Especially after seeing this line in 141:

Spoiler:

But seriously, I just thinking Haruto is making a really bad decision here and he's become a jerk about it in the process. It's his mistake to make, but if I had a friend that went back to the ex that hurt them while in the process hurting another friend who was faithful and loving for two years, I'd be angry with him.

Last edited by KLGChaos; 2011-06-24 at 22:59.
KLGChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-24, 22:54   Link #7804
justavisitor

@cyberdemon
don't think he intended to be mean...he is just really bad at putting it nicely.
Above all, I think he just wanna deliver his real feeling. Yes, he delivered it the worst way possible, but at least it's true (I hope he is lol, if he changes his mind again I will go looking for Seo in Japan XD). If I were Asuka, when I look back, maybe I will think at least he didn't tell another lie

Now I guess it's a matter of preference, to me I would rather want to hear the truth, but it's just too cruel to Asuka...(it's almost like Haruto is so afraid that Asuka doesn't get the message of breaking up!!)

@vansonbee
I don't care about Frontier anymore and you should know why
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-24, 22:57   Link #7805
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
That and the fact that I just don't get how he can break up with a good girlfriend of two years for someone who dumped him a long time ago. Seriously, it's irrational...
If it's one thing I can tell you love is, it's irrational.

Quote:
Stockholme Syndrome, maybe?
*Muse*
Old 2011-06-25, 00:33   Link #7806
Nemuru

Quote:
With me, it's not that he broke up with Asuka when he realized he didn't love her. Breaking up with her instead of stringing her along is the right way to do it. However, it's all the lying before-hand and the disregard for her feelings beforehand that made is bad. That and the fact that I just don't get how he can break up with a good girlfriend of two years for someone who dumped him a long time ago. Seriously, it's irrational... almost like a beaten wife who keeps going back to her husband because they "love" him. Stockholme Syndrome, maybe? Especially after seeing this line in 141:
why isn't so much fun to read your post lol.

Although I consider being in a relationship with someone you don't love to be irrational no matter how nice they are. Are you also fine with being in an arranged marriage as long as that person treats you well? Second point your analogy is flaw well more like exaggerated in this circumstance. The relationship between Haruto and Yuzuki is mutual, they both love each other. The husband who beats his wife up, you can debate if there is love and question his reason for beating her up. if its just a one sided relationship with the wife bearing the violence then yes that is an irrational relationship. Although, if there was mutual love between couples he wouldn't be in a position where he constantly beat his wife.

Yuzuki is faithful but she tried to treat cancer which was impossible ^^,

Last edited by Nemuru; 2011-06-25 at 00:48.
Nemuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-25, 00:55   Link #7807
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloak_and_dagger View Post
If it's one thing I can tell you love is, it's irrational.

*Muse*
Well, as I said before, I'm a very logical person. Lol. I tend to think is terms of Step A should lead to Step B. I know life doesn't always work that way, however, but it doesn't mean I have to like it when it happens. I'm a very orderly person (though not obsessively so, thank goodness).
Old 2011-06-25, 02:19   Link #7808
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Arrange marriage is fine, if you don't have mutual love one before hand.

Love is learning process after all.
Old 2011-06-25, 07:45   Link #7809
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

If you're muslim etc I'll respect your views, but I disagree, we should have a choice. My friend Sarah was a genius, and well on her way to getting a commonwealth scholarship to oxford, and her family plucked her from school at 17 and shipped her to india like a package to some 42 year old businessman. She cried like hell, since all she was allowed to do was cook and clean. I don't think she learned to love him...
Old 2011-06-25, 08:09   Link #7810
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloak_and_dagger View Post
If you're muslim etc I'll respect your views, but I disagree, we should have a choice. My friend Sarah was a genius, and well on her way to getting a commonwealth scholarship to oxford, and her family plucked her from school at 17 and shipped her to india like a package to some 42 year old businessman. She cried like hell, since all she was allowed to do was cook and clean. I don't think she learned to love him...
I completely agree with you here, it's fine as long as the arrangement is consensual between the two people getting married but stories like that of your friend make me so angry.

This may seem harsh and cultural context and all that shenanigans aside but to me the concept of arranged marriages is nothing more than legalized rape.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-25, 13:50   Link #7811
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Spoiler for my reaction to Chapter 141 spoiler:
Old 2011-06-25, 19:22   Link #7812
cmgmcmg
Friendly friend

^^ I like what Sinestra said but I believe Haruto should wait at least some time before jumping into Eba's arms. Take that time from a relationship to explain things the way he was suppose to. He's making a horrible decision by saying he doesn't need anyone else but Eba. Even if they do get married and have children and grow old together and die at the same time together on the front porch of Haruto's hometown, he'll always have regret for ditching his childhood friends.

You think you can swing the bat? Show your bling and let me shine you!

Let's Dance!" - Dimitri
cmgmcmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-25, 23:26   Link #7813
Nemuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmgmcmg View Post
^^ I like what Sinestra said but I believe Haruto should wait at least some time before jumping into Eba's arms. Take that time from a relationship to explain things the way he was suppose to. He's making a horrible decision by saying he doesn't need anyone else but Eba. Even if they do get married and have children and grow old together and die at the same time together on the front porch of Haruto's hometown, he'll always have regret for ditching his childhood friends.
Friends that try to influence your decision too much or goes against your happiness. Do you really need people like those in your life ^^, Regret is a negative emotion that stems from doing something wrong... I believe Haruto did the right thing and he himself believe it is the right decision hence there is no shred of regret or else we wouldn't be seeing his current resolve.
Nemuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-26, 00:44   Link #7814
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Chapter 140

Ah, I totally called it, the way she said it was everything I thought it'd be, except I was expecting him to beat him up more. How someone can simply throw away a couple of years of their life, I guess I'll never know... still better than living a farce.

I guess what irritates me most is, where's the manga-ka girl? I don't like when a series inserts a prominent character and then poofs as fast as they came. I mean, last I checked she still has a stranglehold on Haruto, right? Or is that really Eba in disguise, trolling him all this time...
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-26, 16:51   Link #7815
Heiwatsuki

i have to say something to kouji seo... FUCK YOU. omg. really this development is just wrong man. wtf. how many girls is he going to hurt zomg. it almost seems like hes becoming more like Makoto from School days ( except haruto's brain isnt in his pants ).
Old 2011-06-26, 17:01   Link #7816
User68604
Disabled By Request

oo a school days ending would make this an awesome manga
User68604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-26, 19:01   Link #7817
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Seo won the most disliked series in my opinion.

Arrogant Haruto~ I have no idea why he obsess with that Eba ..
Old 2011-06-26, 19:38   Link #7818
Raynor

Meh.. Asuka had this coming to her. She confessed to Haruto and he didn't really show any interest in her until she dropped the whole "let's date or we can't be friends anymore", which people tend to ignore. He should of just let her go then but with the shit he was going through then he made the poor choice of going out with her even though he didn't have a romantic interest in her.
Raynor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-26, 19:42   Link #7819
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Asuka is more than willing to just live a lie
This I agree with. I think she was willing to live a lie for the sake of being with Haruto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
if he was kind about the break up she might not be so willing to move on and continue pursuing te impossible. If he is a jerk about it though she might be more keen to find someone new.
True, but Haruto was a toolbag way before this moment, so that's kinda invalid, especially since he didn't want to hurt Asuka. He's just naturally douchey
Old 2011-06-27, 00:17   Link #7820
cmgmcmg
Friendly friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemuru View Post
Friends that try to influence your decision too much or goes against your happiness. Do you really need people like those in your life ^^, Regret is a negative emotion that stems from doing something wrong... I believe Haruto did the right thing and he himself believe it is the right decision hence there is no shred of regret or else we wouldn't be seeing his current resolve.
True, I see your point. But, don't put all your eggs into one basket is all I'm saying (From real life experience :P ). May be harsh to say but you always need a backup; whether it be family, new girlfriend *Cough* Asuka *Cough*, ahem excuse me, something got in my throat, or you best friends since you were born. Haruto should wait and explain things. When you explain something to others, it helps you think it through and helps with understanding you're own feelings.

Sorry for the Asuka hate in this post. I thought of new girlfriend first then I went back and found it to fit perfectly. I loved Before-Haruto-Fucked-Her-Up-But-Did-Not-Literally-Fuck-Her-Because-He's-A-Limp-Dick-Asuka, that Asuka was my favorite.

You think you can swing the bat? Show your bling and let me shine you!

Let's Dance!" - Dimitri
cmgmcmg is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
a town where you rage, adult romance, drama, ecchi, logic doesn't apply, manga, nice christmas gift seo, power ups, romance, seo kouji, shounen, slice of life