Old 2007-03-30, 18:06   Link #661
Juvyniled

Conspiracy theory? o_O;
Juvyniled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-30, 19:05   Link #662
Nainara

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
The question here is whether the cure is any better than the disease. Another important point is whether Britannia's treatment of Area 11 would ever improve.
As Lelouch told Kallen in an early episode (9 I believe), the resistance is really just a matter of pride. All that the 11s need to do is fill out a bit of paperwork to become an "honorary brittanian" and benefit from the economic and political stability that the Brittanian empire has brought about. He pointed out that in many ways the 11s who bow down are better off than they were when area 11 was japan.
Nainara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-30, 19:11   Link #663
Juvyniled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nainara View Post
As Lelouch told Kallen in an early episode (9 I believe), the resistance is really just a matter of pride. All that the 11s need to do is fill out a bit of paperwork to become an "honorary brittanian" and benefit from the economic and political stability that the Brittanian empire has brought about. He pointed out that in many ways the 11s who bow down are better off than they were when area 11 was japan.
But they aren't better off. They're treated as peasants and servants. They aren't given the opportunity to progress. The Elevens contribute to the economic stability but they do not receive much benefit from it.

... unless by "better off" you mean that they are healthy and not dying/dead. That is all primarily dependent on individual views. Some may prefer to be dead and live freely, some may prefer to live in "shackles" and be alive and healthy.

I for one believe that it is dependent on the circumstances. They're not exactly slaves within this empire. But they are being mistreated to an extent. Given enough time, the system will find itself in a situation where they (the conquered) have become too important to ignore and they'll have to provide them with ample opportunity for improvement. But this of course is all speculation, since the anime has taken a different path for the purpose of entertainment.
Juvyniled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-31, 00:29   Link #664
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

Best episode in the show so far... wow.
Old 2007-03-31, 19:49   Link #665
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
I was looking at Shinsen-subs and something interesting popped up.

"Euphie's SAR...reputed to have drawn on concepts ingrained in her during High school"

This is weird, so Britannian schools teach about equality and independence? (Since that is the point of the SAR). Can anyone clarify it?
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-08, 00:11   Link #666
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
This would seem to be the penultimate episode of the season with Jeramiah ready to redeploy, Lelouche's Geass control lapsing as a result of it being spoiled somehow, the bizarre temporary link of everybody around C.C and Suzaku and the shot of Marianne and then the souls of Hades apparently. I have no idea where things are going to go after this, but its sure to be interesting. Also the good old fashioned caning of a civilian like the Sumner beating seems to be alive and well in Brittania for some reason. Also this is quite possibly the bloodiest a Sunrise series has been since Tomino directed. Euphie apparently also can't change her speaking manner when ordering a massacre so we get "Please Die everyone" instead. Very scary stuff I must say.

There wasn't much action, but everything else was pretty much flawless in terms of setup and plot progression, staying true to the nature of the series and having good music and character interaction/development. As always the show looks spectacular as well and the music, specifically the Brittanian anthem was outstanding and gave me goosebumps. So like others I think I'll have to give this episode a perfect in relation to the other episodes of the series though I kind of spoiled it for myself early on it still deserves a rare 10 from me.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-08, 00:55   Link #667
Godslayer
人間・失格

I give this episode 9 of ten...
because there is something that bothers me:
1.why Lelouch must joking like that? He can joke anything but that(Iwonder if he is really isn't intended to use that order)

2.He still can grab/capture/hold Euphi when she tries to go out, but all he can do is just calling her name and pursue her after she's already far..

3.Why Suzaku not dead after that shot from the Knightmare?
He is only a human right, how can he survive/avoid that many Knightmares

That's all my rant....
Godslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-08, 02:02   Link #668
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by G0d_sl4yer View Post
I give this episode 9 of ten...
because there is something that bothers me:
1.why Lelouch must joking like that? He can joke anything but that(Iwonder if he is really isn't intended to use that order)

2.He still can grab/capture/hold Euphi when she tries to go out, but all he can do is just calling her name and pursue her after she's already far..

3.Why Suzaku not dead after that shot from the Knightmare?
He is only a human right, how can he survive/avoid that many Knightmares

That's all my rant....
In the episode he theorizes he's ended up like Mao with his Geass now being permanently stuck on do to overuse and the passage of time. It just happened to coincide with that exact moment unfortunately. Also who said Suzaku was hit by the Knightmare, they never showed him taking a bullet so he might have gotten out of the way as a result of the live command given by Lelouche. Though to do that he may have had to fracture something in the process, I don't know yet though.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-08, 20:29   Link #669
mistyken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
In the episode he theorizes he's ended up like Mao with his Geass now being permanently stuck on do to overuse and the passage of time. It just happened to coincide with that exact moment unfortunately. Also who said Suzaku was hit by the Knightmare, they never showed him taking a bullet so he might have gotten out of the way as a result of the live command given by Lelouche. Though to do that he may have had to fracture something in the process, I don't know yet though.
ToT i think what he meant was, how the hell can someone manage to avoid a machine that fires 3k+ rounds per min(pure speculation)?

but Kira still is the all time survival king...he survived an exploding MS when he's still inside.....and he survived a nuclear melt-down....with just a few scratches.......well i guess what Suzaku been thru is not a big deal anyway...
mistyken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-30, 04:29   Link #670
dragonstar13
Busy

Well the joke was a bit poor timing, and in retrospect, Lelouche probably thought he should of said something else. What's done is done, and Lelouche managed to stop her in the end. I'd like to see how he coops with this.
I think Lelouche thought he would of been able to stop her by comanding her. So it didn't occur to him that he should jump her or something.
Suzaku, well the rule of anime tends to be not to kill any of the major main characters, unless it's done by another major character, or the main enemy
dragonstar13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-14, 16:18   Link #671
Calca
Expressionless

Normal people would have said something like "Stand on one foot and bark like a dog."

This is one of the most tragic episodes I've ever seen in all of anime. The way that this could have been so easily avoided is what gets to me and also the way that poor Euphie was forced to act against her own will.
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-15, 12:00   Link #672
Alucard24

No, a normal guy would say "strip and go dance on the scene"
Alucard24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-16, 09:36   Link #673
Blue_Mercy
Veteran

Now that we have got some more information; When it shows the Emperor before Lelouch meets up with Euphie in episode 22, he has a small group around him in hoods. It could be very possible that those were the knights of round making an appearance in the 1st season?
Blue_Mercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-16, 11:04   Link #674
Koshimizu
おやすみ、ルルーシュ。

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Mercy View Post
Now that we have got some more information; When it shows the Emperor before Lelouch meets up with Euphie in episode 22, he has a small group around him in hoods. It could be very possible that those were the knights of round making an appearance in the 1st season?
According to the character setting sketches, those men in cape are marked as "12 geass gods".
Koshimizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-16, 11:18   Link #675
Blue_Mercy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koshimizu View Post
According to the character setting sketches, those men in cape are marked as "12 geass gods".
12 Knights of the Round; "12 Geass Gods" can't be a coincidence. Was that character sketch information released near the time of the episode release or more recently?
Old 2008-02-16, 12:25   Link #676
Koshimizu
おやすみ、ルルーシュ。

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Mercy View Post
12 Knights of the Round; "12 Geass Gods" can't be a coincidence. Was that character sketch information released near the time of the episode release or more recently?
In 2007.

They may have a chance. Although I doubt it because it doesn't look like the knights are connected to the supernatural world. And the KoR's mission is to go around the world instead of watching TV with the Emperor in the Twilight Hall.

In any case, it's way too arbitrary to say it "can't be a coincidence".
If it's a random number like "8" or "19", I could agree to that. But not for 12.
People love 12, just like how they love 3, 4, 7. 12 is a number with many meanings to it. It's like every anime has to have a group of "12-something" or "4-something".

In this case, it can very well be coincidence.
12 Geass Gods because there are so may 12's in nature (12時辰 in a day, 12 months in a year), it's a perfect number for religious purposes.
For the KOR, ask the writers of the legends of King Arthur why they pick 12 knights. Code Geass just sticks to the legend.
Different reasons lead to 12 because everybody loves it.

If it's so simple as 12=12, everyone in Japanese fanbase would have guessed it.

Last edited by Koshimizu; 2008-02-16 at 12:36.
Koshimizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-16, 13:54   Link #677
Blue_Mercy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koshimizu View Post
In 2007.

They may have a chance. Although I doubt it because it doesn't look like the knights are connected to the supernatural world. And the KoR's mission is to go around the world instead of watching TV with the Emperor in the Twilight Hall.

In any case, it's way too arbitrary to say it "can't be a coincidence".
If it's a random number like "8" or "19", I could agree to that. But not for 12.
People love 12, just like how they love 3, 4, 7. 12 is a number with many meanings to it. It's like every anime has to have a group of "12-something" or "4-something".

In this case, it can very well be coincidence.
12 Geass Gods because there are so may 12's in nature (12時辰 in a day, 12 months in a year), it's a perfect number for religious purposes.
For the KOR, ask the writers of the legends of King Arthur why they pick 12 knights. Code Geass just sticks to the legend.
Different reasons lead to 12 because everybody loves it.

If it's so simple as 12=12, everyone in Japanese fanbase would have guessed it.
It's unlikely that the show would have the 12 Knights of Round, then introduce an entirely new group of 12.
Old 2008-02-18, 18:34   Link #678
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Well these guys aren't really new since they showed up before the KoR.

"Geass gods" is an interesting title though. I wonder what allows them to be referred as such.
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-18, 21:31   Link #679
BlackOni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
Well these guys aren't really new since they showed up before the KoR.

"Geass gods" is an interesting title though. I wonder what allows them to be referred as such.
oh oh. what if the 12 geass gods are really twelve people like c.c. and they give geass abilities the the 12 knight of rounds.
BlackOni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-18, 21:39   Link #680
KrimzonStriker

Not happening given how Suzaku becomes one of them, so being like C.C isn't a qualification Still, since Suzaku's superhuman athleticism is somehow connected to Geass, I wonder what his new pal's can pull off and what their relationship to the big picture of Ragnarök will be
KrimzonStriker is offline   Reply With Quote