AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-08-17, 15:50   Link #41
Alchemist007
*Author

Might have been ready for a while but the situation called for him needing those powers now.
Old 2011-08-17, 15:58   Link #42
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Seems I am the only one who found the chapter bad.

The little rukia moment was satisfying, but Ichigo has been having these slumps so often over the course of the series it's not really funny anymore, it's sad and annoying; and pretty much turns any (future) "character development" into "oh no that's just Ichigo, he's faking and fronting like usual when he's on HEROine". Really, how pathetic is he; this chapter pretty much just made him more of a conceited fool then he already was by showing that instant-smug as soon as he got his power back, which Kubo just pulled out of everyone's ass, literally (great writing). Every time you see Ichigo in an awesome pose, keep this in mind: in five chapters or less he's going to revert back to a pathetic looser, dumb as a plank (but don't worry there will be characters there to explain common sense to him) and utterly and completely powerless (but don't worry there will be characters there to pump him up too). But hey he's got the "srs busyines" look on his face, which is pretty much Kubo's solution to all character problems, and god help us it's worked so far apparently (on Aizen it's still working ).

And also, what's with the captain parade? is Ichigo a prince now? Why the hell do they need Ichigo anyway? Not enough fools running around with enough power in their penis-sword to blow away a house in one swing, along with all of their friends, family, loved ones and a few unimportant side characters? Why is everyone there so "this is normal (just forget all the plot and character relationships/backstories up till now)".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frailty View Post
lol all of em except Rukia now have longer hair.
They don't have longer hair, just look at the old art, it's the same length. The only difference in the page there is that the wind is blowing from the back. And for god sake you got Ikkaku there, who's bald as a lightbulb, if all of them have longer hair, then what hair are we talking about.
Old 2011-08-17, 15:59   Link #43
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Toshi came for his fangirls
Old 2011-08-17, 17:20   Link #44
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Seems I am the only one who found the chapter bad.
Believe me, you're not.

Typical Bleach. A huge event happens, making the last 30 or so chapters absolutely pointless. We don't care about the crap that's happened now that what is actually half decent with the series has returned. Sigh.
Old 2011-08-17, 17:34   Link #45
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Nice little chapter, nice to see the shinigami again, and as I thought Renji's not a Captain yet, nor is Ikkaku, meaning that if there are any new captains, they'll be new characters, which ought to be interesting.

Rukia and Ichigo's interactions are as amusing as always, and I look forward to more Ginjou pwnage.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Old 2011-08-17, 17:46   Link #46
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
They don't have longer hair, just look at the old art, it's the same length. The only difference in the page there is that the wind is blowing from the back. And for god sake you got Ikkaku there, who's bald as a lightbulb, if all of them have longer hair, then what hair are we talking about.
Renji has longer hair. Before, his ponytail was high and kind of stuck out backwards now it hangs down to his shoulders. The rest (sans Ikkaku of course) just seem to be sporting different hairstyles.

Old 2011-08-17, 18:14   Link #47
Rennir
Quietly Lurking
*Graphic Designer

Well that was pretty nice. The plot was ok, but what made me like it was the playful banter between Ichigo and Rukia
Old 2011-08-17, 18:30   Link #48
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

okay! so now Ichigo's power has come back... for what purpose??? and what's next??? just to kill Ginjou and everything is over???

glad to see Toushirou again... hahaha
Old 2011-08-17, 19:05   Link #49
JustRob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
Renji has longer hair. Before, his ponytail was high and kind of stuck out backwards now it hangs down to his shoulders. The rest (sans Ikkaku of course) just seem to be sporting different hairstyles.
Remember Renji VS Ichigo during the Soul Society arc? When Ichigo beat Renji his hair got untied and we could all see it was so long he could probably wipe his ass with it.

I doubt it could have grown even longer. If there's anyone among those Shinigami whose hair probably hasn't gotten longer, it's Renji. He just tied it differently.
Old 2011-08-17, 21:25   Link #50
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Yay Haxigo has returned ¬_¬ I would not mind this as much if he pulled out his hollow mode so he is at least a tad bit likeable (the only part of Ichigo I like is his psychotic side), this is really boring. So what did Ginjo even get from taking Ichigo's powers just so he can be one shotted, also if Ichigo is back at the same power level as before, then there is no point in this series as no villain will ever top Aizen's hax

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Old 2011-08-17, 22:06   Link #51
Simon_Lord

Send a message via MSN to Simon_Lord
toushiro has a scarf now
Zaraki doesnt have bells (nor eyepatch?)
byakuya has a new haori
renji's haircut is changed
Ikkaku seems to have short sleeves or at least on his left arm and a shoulderguard (yes he's still bald)
Old 2011-08-17, 22:28   Link #52
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon_Lord View Post
toushiro has a scarf now
Zaraki doesnt have bells (nor eyepatch?)
byakuya has a new haori
renji's haircut is changed
Ikkaku seems to have short sleeves or at least on his left arm and a shoulderguard (yes he's still bald)
Ikkau's shoulder guard I have heard rumors of being a badge no wonder especially since yachiru isn't there.
Old 2011-08-17, 22:33   Link #53
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Other than the obvious lack of content, I have to admit, this was a pretty awesome chapter. Still don't understand how Ichigo can have deep wells of shinigami power when he was supposed to have lost all of it but whatever...
probably because he wasn't really turned into a shinigami, he was born one. they can take away his powers but they can't take away his very nature.

Quote:
On a side note, looks like there's an announcement in this chapter about Bleach novel . It'll be written by Narita (Durarara, Baccano). I'm actually more interested in that than this chapter
are you kidding???!!! well, let's hope it's true. i've always thought that bleach would have been awesome if it had been written by a better author.

i guess ichigo really needs rukia, huh? without her he's just a pathetic loser. it's nice to see her again. it was also fun seeing the other shinigami.
Old 2011-08-17, 23:05   Link #54
Edge Meltdown
AxS HxM TxA RxS JxK HxM

i'm still curious if zaraki has given or found out the name of his zanpaktou.

nice chapter btw, the battle looks like it's one-sided but still nice chapter.
Old 2011-08-17, 23:59   Link #55
rei_ayanami17
Agent 0017

great that Rukia is still herself.........i missed that kicked!! and Rukia can't stand Ichigo's look......hahaha....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Knight View Post
Aside from obvious fanservice appearance of captains, chapter was ok, yet with again disappointing Getsuga Tenshou that did nothing..

yay! i'm not the only one who feels that way!....

except for explaining that they also help in giving back Ichigo's power, why do shinigami's come out this so early? are they going to fight fullbringers? Whew! that's soooooooo LAME! since I'm not considering Fulbringers as a dangerous opponent that much. They don't have this factor to take a battle into the next level and they don't have this threat of violence compare to the arrancar. They're power can only be compare to a magic show where when you enter their power/territory, the your dead?!? eh, THAT'S SOOOOOo LAME!!!!!!!

An interesting battle is not like a magic show but rather a showdown of power and abilities.

And for heaven sake, there is no appearance of two mastermind in returning Ichigo's power in this chapter. Damn Kubo is skipping AGAIN the issue of Isshin here .........*sigh* (i want to know it! darn it! I'm really eager to know Isshin's backstory NOW!!!!!)

btw, wtf is improved getsuga there? I don't see it........

Ichimaru Gin
Old 2011-08-18, 01:19   Link #56
Nintendo
start thinkin bout clones

Send a message via AIM to Nintendo
brute force wins again lol

all they have to do now is get cut and bam all the captains will go.....oh so azien is Ichigo....kill him!
Old 2011-08-18, 01:38   Link #57
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
To be honest I can't really see Renji as a captain... Yes he has bankai... But making him a captain would make it harder to use Renji as fodder Shinigami in battles against weaklings.
Eh, is it really necessary to use him as fodder shimigami... i mean after all we have plenty of other VC's still around to use as fodder; hell you might even say some of them have been underutilized (does anyone even remember that last time we SAW Nanao?). Loosing a few here and there to the upper ranks won't hurt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Believe me, you're not.

Typical Bleach. A huge event happens, making the last 30 or so chapters absolutely pointless. We don't care about the crap that's happened now that what is actually half decent with the series has returned. Sigh.
Indeed, the chapter felt fairly epic, but logic calls attention to how pointless this past arc was. I mean we now find out that Soul Society was more than willing to send ichigo high ranksing support to deal with his new mystery enemy... this is on top of of Urahara and Isshin already working on a way to get his powers back when he ran off with a bunch of strangers to do it himself. And when did Urahara find out about Tsukishima's abilities? i think there's quite a few people who would have liked to have known that ahead of time.

I mean, all in all, this entire arc could have been avoided if Ichigo had just gone to isshin or urahara and talked to them about all this... If he had just made his plight known to them and talked to them they probably could have told him that they were working on a way to get his powers back and that while he waits they could request SS to help keep an eye on his friends. Hell its not even just ichgio's fault as Isshin and Urahara could have told him that they were working on getting his powers back instead of keeping it a secret. Rukia also could have told him by leaving a message with Orihime... honestly, all this people are basically friends and family; they have no reason not talk to eachother in a situation like this.
Old 2011-08-18, 01:45   Link #58
BlueCosmos

lets not forget ichigo did save the entire universe from aizen (with the help from urahara) and he was an official substitute shinigami so it makes sense for the soul reapers to help him get his powers back it's better then a gift card to olive garden
Old 2011-08-18, 01:50   Link #59
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Good, the power ranger outfit is gone...
Old 2011-08-18, 03:05   Link #60
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueCosmos View Post
lets not forget ichigo did save the entire universe from aizen (with the help from urahara) and he was an official substitute shinigami so it makes sense for the soul reapers to help him get his powers back it's better then a gift card to olive garden
& i wouldn't be surprised if that's the half arsed reason Kubo has planned.