>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-09, 00:59   Link #242
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Simple enough answer.

Are there plans to implement such features, then, or are they just too hard?
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-09, 04:44   Link #243
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

They are just.. too.. not worth it.
---------------------------------
If the Admins wanted they could increse the recent rep thing to whatever number they wished and then you would see past the recent five. (that would take just a few clicks) Also, is knowing how much you reped somebody really needed?.. how is it actually gona make a diffrence??..
Old 2007-05-09, 12:16   Link #244
Rurik
Golden

I have not been visiting the forum periodically, so I would like to know what happened to the Post your Photo thread....It seems to be missing....
Old 2007-05-09, 12:43   Link #245
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

It is?!.. Upssy looks like Sky accidently deleted another important thread.. again~
I can't find it either... Try using the Photographs, until it's resurected, it's probably just got accidently soft deleted.
-------------------------------
BTW, Welcome Back..
Old 2007-05-09, 12:45   Link #246
Lost

^ Is that bad? Will we get that lovely thread back?

On the up side, searching for the post-your-picture thread it brought up this little thread. Please, contribute whole-heartedly to it and make NoSanninWa happy.

Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-09, 12:50   Link #247
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Silly question..
Lost the comment on your sig.. what are you tring to say.
Old 2007-05-09, 12:55   Link #248
Lost

I'll be conscripted into the Army soon, and thus I'll be taking a break of a few years from the anime scene. "Lost" will be inactive. RL will be kicking in. I'll be back tho.

Hmm. Question: Will my User account be deleted, or modified in anyway, if it stays inactive for too long? Especially in the event of a possible hack; will a user account be in danger if no one identifies for it?
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-09, 13:11   Link #249
ElvenPath
a step away from heaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost View Post
Hmm. Question: Will my User account be deleted, or modified in anyway, if it stays inactive for too long? Especially in the event of a possible hack; will a user account be in danger if no one identifies for it?
Each account registered on this forum is a permanent one and won't expire due to inactivity.
Old 2007-05-09, 14:26   Link #250
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

It is possible that inforamtion like your sig or your avy might get lost, as I've seen this happen before, most likely a consequence of some hack.
------------------------------------------------
Hope to see you again in a few years.
Old 2007-05-09, 15:58   Link #251
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik View Post
I would like to know what happened to the Post your Photo thread...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
It is?!.. Upssy looks like Sky accidently deleted another important thread.. again~
I don't believe it was soft deleted, hard deleted, merged or moved... in fact, I don't believe it had any moderation function applied to it. So no need to blame any of the staff. It was missing, however and I'm looking into why. It might be a forum or database bug. I don't have any more information than that, I'm afraid. Except to say that I've recovered it, so you should find it one page back.
NightWish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-10, 01:11   Link #252
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost View Post
Definitely not. We should probably prune out some of the accounts that never made a single post and haven't been accessed for over a year, but you're safe as houses.

As for the event of a possible hack, there is absolutely no way we could lose you. Don't worry about it, we're very safely and regularly backed up now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
It is possible that inforamtion like your sig or your avy might get lost, as I've seen this happen before, most likely a consequence of some hack.
Avatars were lost once, but it wasn't the result of a hack. Sorry about that.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-11, 10:14   Link #253
naruto89

Right this has always been buggin me what do the forum members mean when they use the prases like "a mary sue character" and "Dues Ex Machina".

im clueless
naruto89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-11, 14:14   Link #254
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by naruto89 View Post
Right this has always been buggin me what do the forum members mean when they use the prases like "a mary sue character" and "Dues Ex Machina".

im clueless
if you looked on wiki ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiki "mary sue"
Exactly what makes a character a Mary Sue is subjective, although commonly accepted criteria include the character being exceptionally lucky (romance, adventure, and popularity with the right people seeming to gravitate toward the character) and having a role in the story that upstages the other characters. Some believe that if a character is unusual or remarkable in some way, then the character will immediately be perceived as a Mary Sue. Others agree that "Sue traits" are cumulative; most characters have "Sue traits" to some degree, but it's how much and how they are handled that is the real determining factor. Some would say that there is a single, abstract defining characteristic of a Mary Sue; roughly, that the author is on the character's side, and that the world around them reacts to the character based more on this than any realism
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiki "Dues Ex Machina"
The phrase has been extended to refer to any resolution to a story that doesn't pay due regard to the story's internal logic and is so unlikely that it challenges suspension of disbelief, allowing the author to conclude the story with an unlikely, though more palatable, ending.

In modern terms the deus ex machina has also come to describe a being, object or event that suddenly appears and solves a seemingly insoluble difficulty, where the author has "painted the characters into a corner" that they can't easily be extricated from (e.g. the cavalry unexpectedly coming to the rescue, or James Bond using some arcane feature of a villain's headquarters to suddenly turn the tables and destroy the complex.).

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-11, 23:21   Link #255
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
Definitely not. We should probably prune out some of the accounts that never made a single post and haven't been accessed for over a year, but you're safe as houses.
Is this actually gonna happen?

I have a friend who's not been active for almost 8 months now. If this is seriously being considered, I would like to tell him in advance.

My friend has made very few posts, btw
Old 2007-05-11, 23:25   Link #256
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
Is this actually gonna happen?

I have a friend who's not been active for almost 8 months now. If this is seriously being considered, I would like to tell him in advance.

My friend has made very few posts, btw
Nono, zero as in the total postcount IS zero. If you friend has posted before, then he does not qualify under those guidelines.

Cheers.
Old 2007-05-11, 23:41   Link #257
[DOT].L
Delightfully lost...
*Artist

The Great Firewall of China... Any way of getting round it? (other than getting out of the country)
[DOT].L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-12, 02:47   Link #258
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Nono, zero as in the total postcount IS zero. If you friend has posted before, then he does not qualify under those guidelines.

Cheers.
I see, thanks for the reply.
Old 2007-05-12, 02:55   Link #259
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by [DOT].L View Post
The Great Firewall of China... Any way of getting round it? (other than getting out of the country)
Use of a proxy server with high-level encryption. Note that the proxy server would need to be something that the government isn't already blocking/monitoring. Anonymous proxy networks such as Tor have been put forth as a solution to getting around censorship.

A proxy basically means that you're connecting to a server, and it handles all of your exchanges with the rest of the internet for you. If you wanted to go to AnimeSuki, your proxy would go to AnimeSuki and then relay the information back to you: your computer itself would never actually touch the site.

Tor works by making that entire process distributed. Instead of connecting to a single proxy server, you connect to a group of people also on the Tor network. Information is routed through many peers, meaning that it may be slower (don't use it for heavy downloads) but it's much, much more difficult to trace back and block.

I have heard that the firewall does not extend to high-level hotels that experience a high volume of foreign guests, but I don't know that for certain.
Old 2007-05-12, 03:13   Link #260
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by [DOT].L View Post
The Great wall of China... Any way of getting round it? (other than getting out of the country)
That how I read it in the 1st place .. so I go WTF
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
problem, q&a, serious