AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

View Poll Results: Umineko no Naku Koro ni - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 33 18.97%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 44 25.29%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 69 39.66%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 8.62%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 3.45%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 6 3.45%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.57%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 174. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-05, 21:16   Link #81
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

^Shannon Dance
Reminds me of Kaiba's dance of the gods.

It was a good episode. Just a bunch of romance, so it wasn't so exciting though... Though character development is important, especially since the 1st part lacked that...
Shannon's voice doesn't fit after all... Well, I'm sure I'll get used to i- eh... I feel like I've said this before.......... Umm...~~?....

Witches can't exist --> Which means Shannon and Kanon are seeing illusions and talking to air --> Dangerous people --> ...It's time to go to the doctor, these two...

Touhou...
Ah-ah, you can't blame Kanon for feeling awkward and denying her confession after seeing that otaku show. (And song........). Rather, Kanon x Jessica, is it? Hmm...~

I've had this feeling ever since the breast dive loop during the sponsors a few episodes back, but the company making this is having their own fun with the anime, aren't they? This time with a MAD at the end...

Only the first part of the OP changed... (´・ω・`)

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2009-08-05, 21:22   Link #82
Mikachiru
test

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_rogue View Post
If I remember correctly he meant "more colorful" in the sense that it was shockingly different from the music he usually listened to (classical). And in the case of tsurupettan the lyrics were slightly, erm, questionable .

Not that he ever said anything bad about it.
I always thought being colorful was a good thing...

Tsurupettan was coined from two words (like man+bimbo= mimbo). What's the chances of Kanon figuring the meaning behind the japanese ver. of DFC??
Old 2009-08-05, 21:50   Link #83
ameskitty
Kupo

Yeah, I didn't really say it was a bad thing . I also meant the whole "today I'm going to sneak in the trees again and stalk Reimu" thing . But they sing inhumanely fast so he totally could've missed it .

Quote:
I've had this feeling ever since the breast dive loop during the sponsors a few episodes back, but the company making this is having their own fun with the anime, aren't they? This time with a MAD at the end...
Haha, I don't normally watch the ending, so I had to go back and watch that part. Very nice.
The previews are even more telling of this...you should listen to some of the stuff they say .
Old 2009-08-05, 22:16   Link #84
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oekitarts View Post
Hey, one thing I really liked about this episode...
...THE SHANNON DANCE!!!
(couldn't resist making this video.. XD)

I am surprised you managed to make that HORRIBLE of a motion that Shannon did, actually hilarious to look at now. Kudos to you

Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2009-08-05, 22:33   Link #85
Mistypearl
Whack and Unwrap!

That video made. my. day. Seriously you win at life. Anyway Now I will actually go watch ep. 6 and not be offtopic. Will add more later to this post just had to say that the video was pure pwnage.
Old 2009-08-05, 22:41   Link #86
TsundereCake
真 ラブ

How is it that no one else cares about Beato's fangs being stolem ;_;?

Stupid tsurupettan :<
Old 2009-08-05, 22:53   Link #87
Mei19
LOL'ing at t3h old bags

Someone give Kanon a butter knife so that he can slash his wrist and end his miseries. I didn't know his Emo power is this advanced! But I still love him. I know he is just being tsundere to Jessica and he is just lying to himself because deep inside he really likes Jessica. XD

Beatrice is tsundere. And Beatrice better be real or Kanon and Shannon will have to have a telepathic bond to be able to see and talk to Beatrice at the SAME time. I don't know which one is more in the boonies but the former I can take.

After 6 episodes I realized that Shannon has Taiga's voice. 10 because this episode is shoujo heheh

Spoiler for BECAUSE IT IS EATING ME:
Old 2009-08-05, 22:57   Link #88
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mei19 View Post

This:

Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2009-08-05, 22:58   Link #89
June 1983

It's the song Jessica originally sang in the VN:

Old 2009-08-05, 23:04   Link #90
Beruko08
The Shadow of Twilight
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to Beruko08
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mei19 View Post
Someone give Kanon a butter knife so that he can slash his wrist and end his miseries. I didn't know his Emo power is this advanced! But I still love him. I know he is just being tsundere to Jessica and he is just lying to himself because deep inside he really likes Jessica. XD

Beatrice is tsundere. And Beatrice better be real or Kanon and Shannon will have to have a telepathic bond to be able to see and talk to Beatrice at the SAME time. I don't know which one is more in the boonies but the former I can take.

After 6 episodes I realized that Shannon has Taiga's voice. 10 because this episode is shoujo heheh

Shannon's voice actor is Rie Kugimiya, who was also Taiga's voice actor so it's of course they have same voice
And tsuru pettan is the name of the song Jessica sang in the game. The song's originally came from Touhou if I remember correctly.
Old 2009-08-06, 00:18   Link #91
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Kanon it seems disapproves of such commoner activities.
Old 2009-08-06, 00:23   Link #92
Saerianne
*cackle*

Damn that song started to get annoying. XD
The cuts were much better in this episode, too! I thought Rie would do good at Shannon, but now she seems to be getting a bit too soft, if that's the word.

THAT VIDEO MADE MY DAY. LIKE SERIOUSLY. I LOVE YOU. <333
Old 2009-08-06, 00:49   Link #93
urusai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beruko08 View Post
And tsuru pettan is the name of the song Jessica sang in the game. The song's originally came from Touhou if I remember correctly.
Tsurupettan is a parody song by doujin circle Silver Forest with lyrics that make fun of a character (Suika Ibuki) from game 7.5 in the Touhou series (Touhou Suimusou). However it doesn't actually arrange a Touhou BGM; the main chorus is loosely based off the theme song of Mojipittan (a Namco word puzzle game) originally composed by Satoru Kousaki, along with references to various other memes such as "Let's go! Onmyoji" (a song from PS2 game "Shin Gouketuji Ichizoku: Matrimelee") and Miko Miko Nurse. It also includes a reference to Oyashiro-sama from Higurashi, which is probably why Ryukishi07 used it in the first place. It's the last song on this album.

Last edited by urusai; 2009-08-06 at 01:03.
Old 2009-08-06, 01:16   Link #94
Beruko08
The Shadow of Twilight
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to Beruko08
Quote:
Originally Posted by urusai View Post
Tsurupettan is a parody song by doujin circle Silver Forest with lyrics that make fun of a character (Suika Ibuki) from game 7.5 in the Touhou series (Touhou Suimusou). However it doesn't actually arrange a Touhou BGM; the main chorus is loosely based off the theme song of Mojipittan (a Namco word puzzle game) originally composed by Satoru Kousaki, along with references to various other memes such as "Let's go! Onmyoji" (a song from PS2 game "Shin Gouketuji Ichizoku: Matrimelee") and Miko Miko Nurse. It also includes a reference to Oyashiro-sama from Higurashi, which is probably why Ryukishi07 used it in the first place. It's the last song on this album.
I see, that does make sense now
Thanks for your explanation anyways
Old 2009-08-06, 02:10   Link #95
paraalso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
Kanon is considered younger and Jessica is two years older than him so idk.

And no it didn't, Kitsu O_o The images of new times presented dates and years.

Shannon breaking the mirror - December 1985
Eva telling off Shannon, which happened before the mirror was broken - October 1984, most likely after the conference.
School Festival - August 1986
Wait, wait

Doesn't that mean that Shannon was 14 and George was 21 when Eva told Shannon off about their relationship?
I never thought about it before, but their age difference at the time really is that big. I didn't realize George was into that stuff
Old 2009-08-06, 02:56   Link #96
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist

I think Shannon is 18 at 1986. I'm not sure about my memory though.
Old 2009-08-06, 03:11   Link #97
Mercurius

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronotrig View Post
Considering what the anime had to work with, this was by far the best editing job they've done yet. Kind of a slow episode, but it does give us some very badly needed character background.
Agreed. Although I think they could've pulled off Eva's berating of Shannon a bit better, the overall character development of this episode was a much needed boost in the series' quality. The BGM was also very well done (minus Tsurupettan), having just the right amount of game music with some original tracks as well.

My notes for the episode:
Spoiler for II-I: middle game:
Old 2009-08-06, 03:53   Link #98
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christen View Post
I think Shannon is 18 at 1986. I'm not sure about my memory though.
No, Shannon is 100% confirmed 16 years old in 1986.
Old 2009-08-06, 04:29   Link #99
ipernorris

I'm happy that the anime staff didn't get the "parallel worlds" direction, at least for now. Since last episode I greatly feared that: this episode was all about flashbacks, which were needed imho, since the anime started and went on for a while with all of the murders and witch mess, without explaining HOW the situation came to that point, not in a very satisfactory way at least. Now it's much more clear what happened in the past: Beatrice not only exists in the so called real world, but she temptes people in order to accomplish her own goals.
Anyway, returning to my "parallel worlds" fear: I don't want that to happen, at all. I mean I don't want to see some episodes and believing some things, then be told they were all fake or wait... they were not entirely fake, there was some truth after all!
Even worse: I don't want episodes which cannot be understood by anime-only watchers... I still remember some episodes of Ergo Proxy, which required the actual episode and ten pages of analysis in fans' blogs, to HOPE to understand them a bit. I mean I'm the first one who hates oversimplified plot (=harem anime, just to make an example), but I hate overcomplicated plots as well. I think anime are just a way to spend free time, so they should never become too difficult to understand.
Old 2009-08-06, 04:58   Link #100
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipernorris View Post
I'm happy that the anime staff didn't get the "parallel worlds" direction, at least for now. Since last episode I greatly feared that: this episode was all about flashbacks, which were needed imho, since the anime started and went on for a while with all of the murders and witch mess, without explaining HOW the situation came to that point, not in a very satisfactory way at least. Now it's much more clear what happened in the past: Beatrice not only exists in the so called real world, but she temptes people in order to accomplish her own goals.
Anyway, returning to my "parallel worlds" fear: I don't want that to happen, at all. I mean I don't want to see some episodes and believing some things, then be told they were all fake or wait... they were not entirely fake, there was some truth after all!
Even worse: I don't want episodes which cannot be understood by anime-only watchers... I still remember some episodes of Ergo Proxy, which required the actual episode and ten pages of analysis in fans' blogs, to HOPE to understand them a bit. I mean I'm the first one who hates oversimplified plot (=harem anime, just to make an example), but I hate overcomplicated plots as well. I think anime are just a way to spend free time, so they should never become too difficult to understand.
And what about the rest of us who also like cerebral shows? I don't think you should fault a show and a genre just because it falls under a category you don't like.

Time for round 2!

The Bad:

1. Minor quibble but just looking at George in his Tomitake Flash shirt and dog tags looking all metrosexual during the Okinawa scenes really defeats the idea that he never really embodied the idea of the "sexiest man alive." Well to each his own I guess, but you'd never really guess he wasn't exactly the bishounen he is now.

2. I didn't really like the way the scene of Eva chewing out Shannon was handled. Not that because she chewed her out, but aside from being a bit too short, Eva comes off as much too evil and sinister than I think she should be. Of course that's open to interpretation but it's probably because I have a different impression of her.

3. Personality I wished that Rie Kugimiya didn't have to revert at some scenes to her helium-induced voice pitch that she usually uses for her Tsundere roles. Personally it makes me remember these roles, which really doesn't jive with Shannon because in my mind these two personality types clash.

The Good:

1. It was good they kept the scene of George salvaging the situation in 1984. Some probably won't notice it but it tells a lot about his character and personality.

2. This episode surprisingly has none of the lightspeed pacing of most of the previous episodes. Rather than focus on the events of 1986 DEEN decided to make this almost purely about the events that happened prior to the tragedy, which really builds a lot of the missing characters development they decided not to show in the first arc.

3. The emphasis on the servants mentality as "furniture" might seem dehumanizing to most viewers but it helps build upon the background as to why they consider themselves such lowly creatures in the first place.

4. The change of the OP portrait to the corresponding Ep OP was, as people have already pointed out, an excellent move. It gives the impression that it's time for the next round of Rokkenjima.

5. Hats off to Beatrice's animation. She looks as menacing as she sounds. Personally I hope they keep her design consistent for the rest of the season. Same goes for her VA, I have really no idea where the complaints are coming from. She's got a deep womanly voice which I was expecting. I mean, she's not freaking Maria. She's not supposed to be cute or adorable. She's supposed to be malevolent, and her VA shows.

6. They finally showed Jessica using her inhaler. Maybe now people will realize that when she had an attack in the previous episodes it's because she doesn't exactly have the best respiratory tract.

7. I didn't like Tsurepettan and I'm glad it wasn't here. Hate me all you want but that's what I felt in the VN: it was over the top cheesy.
Closed Thread