AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2007-08-19, 21:04   Link #401
4as
ForUs

Send a message via MSN to 4as
Quote:
Originally Posted by sesq View Post
Spoiler:
"narrow-minded" alert!

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
4as is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-20, 01:00   Link #402
Chewy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sesq View Post
I've finished ever17 coco's path

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Chewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-20, 01:06   Link #403
RealityEX
Professional

Send a message via AIM to RealityEX
i luv this game....does anyone know if there are similar visual novels like ever 17? with kinda the same genre?
RealityEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-20, 08:35   Link #404
sesq

4as, Chewy
Spoiler:

@RealityEX, there is no as much visual novels in english to choose from them, the same genre doesn't exist.

Do you know any normal books to read simmilar to ever17 ? I mean that behind characters is the big misery or yuo know what i mean.
sesq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-20, 10:53   Link #405
4as
ForUs

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealityEX View Post
i luv this game....does anyone know if there are similar visual novels like ever 17? with kinda the same genre?
Some one already asked that question...
anyway:
EVE Burst Error and Desire.
If im not mistaken script for those games was written by the same guy who writed for Ever17?
Both games are similar but EVE is little less SF than Desire.
Oh and also, both games are rated Mature.
Old 2007-08-20, 11:13   Link #406
Chewy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealityEX View Post
The ABSOLUTE CLOSEST you can get to the Ever17 experience is probably Remember11. The same people worked on the scenario and music, and it also gives off the same survival + mystery vibe as Ever17. If you like Psychology this game will be your cup of tea.

I/O (another game written by Nakazawa Takumi after he left KID) is also pretty good. If you like computers you'll LOVE this game. ONOKEN's music works really well here too.

Both are PS2 exclusive games.

OR you can just look for any game written by Nakazawa Takumi.
Chewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-20, 12:49   Link #407
rg4619

Quote:
EVE Burst Error and Desire.
If im not mistaken script for those games was written by the same guy who writed for Ever17?
Nope. Uchikoshi Kotaro (main writer) only worked on Eve ~new generation~, which is the new PS2 game released by Kadokawa Shoten. He had nothing to do with the original C's Ware games.
rg4619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-01, 07:00   Link #408
dsp2003

Spoiler:
dsp2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-04, 15:53   Link #409
Marko
Blick Winkel

Hi guys, I'm new here.
Two days ago I finished Ever17 (every ending) and I think that this is the best game I've ever played, perhaps better than every anime I've seen so far.

I have some questions

1)
Spoiler:

2)
Spoiler:

3) If I can ask it, can you please teach me how to edit the script.dat file in order to successfully translate the game in another language? I want some friends of mine to play this game, but they can't read english.

Thank you very much.
I'm here because I've seen this thread on KGPTZAC's guestbook I hope I'm not pissing you off.
Marko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-04, 17:30   Link #410
4as
ForUs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marko View Post
I think that this is the best game I've ever played, perhaps better than every anime I've seen so far.
Agree!

Spoiler for 1):

Spoiler for 2):

Quote:
3) If I can ask it, can you please teach me how to edit the script.dat file in order to successfully translate the game in another language? I want some friends of mine to play this game, but they can't read english.
Tried to do the same thing
You can do it with any hex editor (like XVI32), just open the script.dat with it.
Form here you can edit it kinda like any other text file...
Theres just one rule: the filesize of the edited script.dat needs to be EXACTLY the same as the original's one.
Old 2007-09-04, 19:54   Link #411
Gabest1

Hm, anyone up for a little challenge? I have unpacked the script.dat of never7, and now looking for people to translate it (better than google)
Gabest1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-05, 04:24   Link #412
Marko
Blick Winkel

Thank you 4as for your answers!

Spoiler for 1):

Spoiler for 2):

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4as View Post
Tried to do the same thing
You can do it with any hex editor (like XVI32), just open the script.dat with it.
Form here you can edit it kinda like any other text file...
Theres just one rule: the filesize of the edited script.dat needs to be EXACTLY the same as the original's one.
I tried to edit script.dat with EditPadPro (hex editor) but if I try to use the new file, the game crashes. I guess it is fault of the size, then. But... how is it possible to keep EXACTLY the same size of the original? It's impossible to translate sentences keeping the same number of letters of the original sentences...

Anyway, can't this software help? I found it on kgptzac's website but I don't know how to use it. It splits script.dat in several *.src files that can be edited with an editor as well, but I don't know how to make a new script.dat from them.

Thank you for your help
Old 2007-09-05, 08:22   Link #413
4as
ForUs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabest1 View Post
Hm, anyone up for a little challenge? I have unpacked the script.dat of never7, and now looking for people to translate it (better than google)
From japanese ? oO
I dont think you'll find help here ~~;

Spoiler for 1):

Quote:
But... how is it possible to keep EXACTLY the same size of the original? It's impossible to translate sentences keeping the same number of letters of the original sentences...
You can have diffrent sentences size, just the whole file needs to have exact number. Make one sentance longer, one shorter, so in the end it will all sum up to the same file size ;0
There is probably a way around it but I dunno.

Quote:
Anyway, can't this software help?
Interesting. I'll need to check up that later.
Old 2007-09-05, 09:47   Link #414
Gabest1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4as View Post
From japanese ? oO
I dont think you'll find help here ~~;
Hehe, I know, but I'm trying.
Gabest1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-05, 10:33   Link #415
Vibeke
❤ Fabulous MAX~! ❤
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Vibeke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabest1 View Post
Try Visual News Forum, maybe someone will be able to help you

Currently busy studying Japaneese language and culture on Warsaw University//my animelist
Vibeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-05, 14:06   Link #416
dsp2003

doh...try AnimED from http://www.dsp2003.narod.ru/animed.htm. It was originally created for making the russian translation of the Ever17. It can extract\create LNK (DAT) \ IKURA SM2MPX10 \ PackOnly/PackPlus & other game archives. It can (de)code WAF files. It can also split SCR file into several hundreds of chunks and merge them back (SEE USER'S MANUAL).

You can also see russian demo translation here: http://www.dsp2003.narod.ru/ever17.htm. --prove that the tool is working.

The updated 0.5.7.290 AnimED's version will be released in a few weeks. Please be patient.

---

4as, you're wrong. I've decoded the SC3 format. It's uses internal text sections table (almostly looks like simplified LNK (DAT) format). When you're editing the text, the string jumping offsets changes the positions. That's the cause of edited script.dat non-working. So, it's necessary to RECALCULATE every jump table entry. My tool is able to do so (because of lazyness, i didn't wrote the normal compiler\decompiler, so you must do chunks export, edit them in HEX editor one-by-one and only then import them back). It's simplier than my ugly english.

---

NOTE: In order to edit Never7, Remember11 or Memories Off Series SCR files, you MUST edit scr_def.conf (i'm not sure if they're using the same SC3 format, so please check the header before doing something with them. It's contains the SC3 files properties), otherwise the tool will load the file as "blank". Little example:

; This is the offset list - it tells this tool where's the in-game texts is stored.
;
; [file.scr]
; begin =< text table beginning offset >
; records =< number of text records in SCR file >
;
; *** PLEASE EDIT CAREFULLY! ***

; Ever17 Introduction
[op00.scr]
begin =7868
records =373

---

Any questions?

Last edited by dsp2003; 2007-09-05 at 14:32.
Old 2007-09-05, 18:50   Link #417
4as
ForUs

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsp2003 View Post
4as, you're wrong.
Wrong, in what matter? :S
I edited the script.dat with hex editor and it all went ok as long as file size matched the original file.
Thats it - maybe theres more to it, but that one fact alone is true.
Old 2007-09-05, 18:58   Link #418
Marko
Blick Winkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsp2003 View Post
Any questions?
Thank you for your help dsp2003.
I hope you don't mind if I talk with you throught this board instead of using emails (I'm the same of the guestbook). But I think that this stuff may be helpful to the others ^^.

I don't understand a thing about codes, software, etc. ^^ then I don't understand your hard words :P
But this is what I tried:

- Thanks to your software, I opened the script.dat and split it into scr files.
- I opened the first scr file with an hex editor.
- I've changed a sentence in the file, and saved it.
- Thanks to your software, I merged the src files (with the new edited one) into a new script.dat
- I put the new dat into Ever17's folder.

Did I do something wrong? Is this the way to edit the Ever17's script file?

This time, the game booted. Then I tried to start a New Game but when the changed sentence appears on the screen, the game crashes reporting this error:

Whan can I do?
Thank you for your help
Old 2007-09-05, 22:26   Link #419
dsp2003

To Marko:

GRRR! Open the SCR file with AnimED via "Scenario Tool" tabsheet. Next, press "Export chunks". The SCR file will be splitted into several hundreds of little files. You must edit THEM instead of the SCR file --NEVER done the same mistake again, i beg you.

Next, when you'll finish to edit necessary chunks (see decompiled text sections window for the reference - not all of them should be edited ;] ), type in your compilation directory path (MUST NOT BE THE SAME AS YOU'RE EDITING CHUNKS FROM. For example, if you're editing in the "C:\SCR", then you must enter "C:\OUTPUT" or somelike (try to use the short path please) -- replace the "G:\Desktop\For Test" path (it's my testing folder, forgot to change it into other thing)) and only then hit "Import chunks" button. You'll have the 100% working SCR file in your C:\OUTPUT directory (DON'T FORGET TO CREATE IT AT THE FIRST PLACE).

Since none of you is reading User's Manual, here's a few hints:

KID engine have the string length limitation. It means, that the string must be <=48 symbols. "Enter" symbol for the engine is 01h (i.e., you MUST check the string length while editing the script and enter 01h bytecode if necessary --otherwise the game WILL crash. Next, the maximally possible number of strings is equals to 5). Preserve 5x48 char rule and you'll be fine.

...fhew.

To 4as:

That's what you've done is called byte-by-byte translation. :] It works too, but makes life harder when you'll need to change the length of string (i've done that at the first translation try-ons and become depressed in a few hours )
Old 2007-09-06, 09:27   Link #420
Marko
Blick Winkel

It... works!

Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaank you =) ^____________^

Tags
visual novel