AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2004-09-18, 19:41   Link #161
Kens
>>

hey gaara how long have u been doing this ? ur work just keep getting better and better. Are u the only one this good in ur class in schoo? ur skills way surpasses my teachers.
Kens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-18, 20:31   Link #162
.gaara
i'm in love --- :O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kens
hey gaara how long have u been doing this ? ur work just keep getting better and better. Are u the only one this good in ur class in schoo? ur skills way surpasses my teachers.
I dont learn art in school, well I did when I was in high school but instead of teaching me how to draw picture, they asked me to go look at some art history crap and I hated it. therefore I gave up the idea of taking an art degree.

I've only started CGing at the early of 2004 (this year ). I bought my wacom tablet last year and let it collect dust for few month. the key is practice~ pracitce and more practice...practice before you die.

my formal training are starting soon (looking forward to it)...pretty much shifting away from my current degree and I have to squeeze time out for it but I love it
.gaara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-19, 20:16   Link #163
Forsaken102
Insanity Goddess

Send a message via AIM to Forsaken102 Send a message via Yahoo to Forsaken102
Good god, if Talent is Heredetary... I wanna have your kids.

lol... j/k... but seriously beautiful stuff. I'm still not nearly so talented, period. You mentioned cg'ing was started earlier this year... I'm assuming you do your own lineart also. Where did you learn that? And how long did it take?
Forsaken102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-20, 05:54   Link #164
.gaara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsaken102
Good god, if Talent is Heredetary... I wanna have your kids.

lol... j/k... but seriously beautiful stuff. I'm still not nearly so talented, period. You mentioned cg'ing was started earlier this year... I'm assuming you do your own lineart also. Where did you learn that? And how long did it take?
lol

I'm totally shit at line art. I cannot ink and I do not have steady hand due to lack of exercise. I used to love lineart alot but I stopped because I realised that my lineart work sucks. the anatomy is crap. and when that happens the picture would just look plain wrong. that is pretty much why I stopped all the anime drawing.
I'm pretty much starting off from scratch by learning the use of colour, human anatomy and such now and then, I will go back to anime style once I'm happy with my basic art skills first
Old 2004-09-20, 09:09   Link #165
Ashi-chan
Resident Asian Nerd Girl

Send a message via AIM to Ashi-chan Send a message via MSN to Ashi-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Ashi-chan
You never cease to amaze me. Your CG is kick arse! (still raving over the hot real-life Rock Lee)
Ashi-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-08, 10:33   Link #166
Eikichi-
Velvet Tears

Hey, nice work, u got a Da account ?

EDIT : ok i finded it ..

Nice works BTW
Eikichi- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-08, 18:31   Link #167
.gaara

Thanks all. I'm sorry that I've slowed down the process of all this drawing and stuff. University started and everything are so disorganised at the moment. I'm trying to squeez out time to draw. along with 2 new art course I'm doing now 1 is animation (traditional style) and life drawing course. I'm really enjoying it.

new work will be out soon. THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR KIND SUPPORT *Bows*

also, collection of my work can be find at the first page. big thanks to the mod who actually went thru all that trouble to organise it for me.
Old 2004-10-08, 22:11   Link #168
Inuzuka
now with 20% more ego!

Send a message via MSN to Inuzuka
I saw you sketches so far and their all so cool!
The problem is, some of the pictures pale in comparison to the others. (Haku sketch Vs 'Real-life-picture-which-took-you-7-hours-on-Photoshop' pic)
Could i see if you did an Anime character in 'real-life' style, that would be intrestign to see. Sorta' like those Alex Ross paintings

Last edited by Inuzuka; 2004-10-08 at 23:59.
Inuzuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-08, 23:07   Link #169
.gaara

hmmmmmmmm it's nearly 9000 hit...I perhaps should do a kirbian for everyone =D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inuzuka
I saw you sketches so far and their all so cool!
The problem is, some of the pictures pale in comparison to the others. (Haku sketch Vs 'Real-life-picture-which-took-you-7-hours-on-Photoshop' pic)
Could i see if you did an Anime character in 'real-life' style, that would be intrestign to see. Sorta' like those Alex Ross paintings
good point actually. for the entire collection you looked through it's not actually my portfolio work but instead you are looking at a progress of me developing my skill.
I've only started proper CGing since march 2004 and I'm slowly getting my way through to this. during march till now I've also find many talented artists who may been doing CG back then since the 90s. professionals artists such as falcoon and capcom designer team's (their artworks are truely beautiful) works are always big inspiration. so starting from scratch, I've looked at their work, trying to learn how they painted their work using photoshop brushes as well as traditional methods. that's why as you saw some of my early works they truly suck :P it's pretty fun looking back at some old stuff and I would see lots of mistakes and such.
I'm experimeneting with many different styles while painting an image and it's always a fun thing to do.
I'm not actually that good compare to many talented artists out there but I believe with hard training it is possible to do beautiful arts.

as you mentioned, anime characters in 'real life' style, that is pretty much my goal. in order to paint like that I need to be confident to my fundamental art skill first and hopefully, after next few year's intensive art training, by the time i graduate, i can succeed
Old 2004-10-08, 23:22   Link #170
Inuzuka
now with 20% more ego!

Send a message via MSN to Inuzuka
Talking :topicoff:

Quote:
Originally Posted by .gaara
as you mentioned, anime characters in 'real life' style, that is pretty much my goal. in order to paint like that I need to be confident to my fundamental art skill first and hopefully, after next few year's intensive art training, by the time i graduate, i can succeed
Best of luck
Inuzuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-08, 23:45   Link #171
Raxial
CG / Color

Send a message via AIM to Raxial
I hope you stick around here after you go off to do whatever it is you're going to do
Raxial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-09, 00:59   Link #172
Asura
should i stay longer?

Send a message via MSN to Asura
Quote:
hmmmmmmmm it's nearly 9000 hit...I perhaps should do a kirbian for everyone =D
say you say me.

Quote:
that's why as you saw some of my early works they truly suck :P it's pretty fun looking back at some old stuff and I would see lots of mistakes and such.
none too sucky, none too mistakey, it's all in the name of learning.

Quote:
anime characters in 'real life' style, that is pretty much my goal. in order to paint like that I need to be confident to my fundamental art skill first and hopefully, after next few year's intensive art training, by the time i graduate, i can succeed
there's 1 guy on DA I know of who did just that.. and his stuff are just so nice. (of course, he got some 20+yrs -I think- under his belt).. Either way, much luck on the trip.
Asura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-25, 13:45   Link #173
.gaara

god I've been so busy lately. currently working on this 10 second director animation about dancing and stuff. I picked break dancing. the deadline is on this wednesday (2 day for this post) and hopefully after that I will get sometime to draw some stuff.

here is part of the animation I did, which contains 21 frames and last for about 2~3 seconds. done in Photoshop and then I imported each frame to Imageready and put them together. reference was used for this from break dancing clip. im learning and hopefully I will eventually make it without reference

Last edited by .gaara; 2004-10-25 at 21:21.
Old 2004-10-25, 15:32   Link #174
Raxial
CG / Color

Send a message via AIM to Raxial
wow, gaara, you're a beast. Incredible
Raxial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-25, 16:43   Link #175
.gaara

thanks I will post the finished version.

I've drawn about 80 pictures in like 2 days ToT my hand hurts
Old 2004-10-25, 16:55   Link #176
aph

Send a message via MSN to aph
Quote:
thanks I will post the finished version.

I've drawn about 80 pictures in like 2 days ToT my hand hurts
haha so it should

that animation is really sweet, 'tis what im thinking of taking after foundation year ;D

if you got any othe stuff to show go ahead dude. how long did this take? and i assume you used reference, maybe not, its still awesome
aph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-25, 17:17   Link #177
sOnJoOL

Send a message via AIM to sOnJoOL Send a message via MSN to sOnJoOL
a-w-e-s-o-m-e!
its soooo cool~
i cant even make gif -__-
sOnJoOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-25, 17:32   Link #178
JERI

Thumbs up

Whoa! HARDCORE!