AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2012-04-01, 04:15   Link #5501
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
My friend Audrey, who is not what you'd call tough... she's rather round and doughy and not at all a paragon of athletic achievement... took Krav for a good long while. It's actually good training for people who don't want to get heavily involved in the sports/competition aspect of other traditional martial arts.
Is it physically intensive? I had an out-of-contact Jewish penpal who came by a couple of years ago after serving in the IDF, and he taught me a few moves. Even at the basic level I find it extremely tiring after 20 minutes.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-01, 06:42   Link #5502
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I used to think Krav Maga was all about kicks to the dicks and knees to the balls.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-01, 06:52   Link #5503
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
I used to think Krav Maga was all about kicks to the dicks and knees to the balls.
If that's the case, maybe it was invented by Grade-schoolers.
Old 2012-04-02, 01:59   Link #5504
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

A serious question.

I stumbled on this article today (NSFW link):
http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2012/0...ncanny-valley/

And now really wondering if the 'girls' in pictures of the articles are artificial dolls which are quite well made, or are they humans? The article playing it really ambiguous, and can't be bother to read through comments. If i have to guess based on pictures, i will say dolls. But somehow have a feeling that the article was just poking fun on Korean cosmetic industries

My further comments: they are either very well made doll, or the term inhumane have a literal meaning at last

Last edited by risingstar3110; 2012-04-02 at 02:14.
risingstar3110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-02, 02:19   Link #5505
HasuMasu
*Artist

I don't get it, what's the article about?
Old 2012-04-02, 03:02   Link #5506
Stiletto
Ineffectual Loner

I'm seriously considering me opening up a blog. What or where is the best place for me to get my own personal blog, and what is the best image capturing/screencapping stuff out there? I'm new to this so.... Yeah. Might need a little explaining.
Stiletto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-02, 03:04   Link #5507
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
A serious question.

I stumbled on this article today (NSFW link):
http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2012/0...ncanny-valley/

And now really wondering if the 'girls' in pictures of the articles are artificial dolls which are quite well made, or are they humans? The article playing it really ambiguous, and can't be bother to read through comments. If i have to guess based on pictures, i will say dolls. But somehow have a feeling that the article was just poking fun on Korean cosmetic industries

My further comments: they are either very well made doll, or the term inhumane have a literal meaning at last
They're people, it's just a style of makeup taken to extremes and then turned up to eleven. The "dolly eyes" makeup is often used in lolita fashion (especially by sweet lolita) and also in dolly kei fashion.

These girls took the "dolly eyes" style and went absolutely batshit insane with it, and the result is rather creepy. They also seem to be using the "anime eyes" contact lenses that make their eyes look huge, which is contributing to the uncanny valley effect. They're not realdolls or anything.
Old 2012-04-02, 03:09   Link #5508
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
But if we're talking practicality, in most cases of confrontation you're not going to have the opportunity to utilize your skills. If someone pulls out a gun, it's as good as over; even someone large enough, strong enough, and/or more experienced in fighting, would be able to overpower most people who had trained in martial arts.
Unless you actually are experienced in fighting.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-02, 03:15   Link #5509
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
You sound like you have a way to pin down a full sized guy and control him from there.

I didn't write anything to give you any ideas. Carry on, my dear.

Quote:
They're people, it's just a style of makeup taken to extremes and then turned up to eleven. The "dolly eyes" makeup is often used in lolita fashion (especially by sweet lolita) and also in dolly kei fashion.

These girls took the "dolly eyes" style and went absolutely batshit insane with it, and the result is rather creepy. They also seem to be using the "anime eyes" contact lenses that make their eyes look huge, which is contributing to the uncanny valley effect. They're not realdolls or anything.
Seriously though, that kind of eyes are better in 2D. What makes them think that the guys would like that in 3D?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-02, 03:19   Link #5510
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
You sound like you have a way to pin down a full sized guy and control him from there.
Don't give her any ideas.

Unless ofcourse...you're game for that sort of thing...
Old 2012-04-02, 03:47   Link #5511
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:

Do you think there was a use of Photoshop to make it more extreme? Because for example the 2 girls in the 1st and the 3rd, were... frankly looks more like dolls than humans. Not only their eyes, but their skins were, literally looks like plastic. And their expressions were so unnatural
Old 2012-04-02, 03:48   Link #5512
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiletto View Post
I'm seriously considering me opening up a blog. What or where is the best place for me to get my own personal blog, and what is the best image capturing/screencapping stuff out there? I'm new to this so.... Yeah. Might need a little explaining.
try wordpress / blogspot
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-02, 09:20   Link #5513
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Wordpress and Blogspot (aka Blogger, Google's service) are seemingly the popular ones. I haven't used either, so I can't remark on the strengths and weaknesses of either. One thing you may want to consider is how you plan to write and publish entries; if you'll be using web interfaces, then I would imagine that both services are fairly similar. If you have a program in mind or would like to use a program, you should check to see which programs support which services.

Screencaps are fairly simple. If you're using Mac OS X, it's built-in to the operating system: press command, shift, and 4 (all together) to turn your mouse into crosshairs, click and drag to create a highlighted area, and when you release the mouse it will take a photo of the highlighted area. Alternately, you can press command, shift, and 4 to bring up the crosshairs, and then press the spacebar to turn the crosshairs into a camera. In this mode, program windows will highlight as you mouse over them. Clicking will take a screenshot of the program window, and a shadow effect around the program will automatically be applied to the image. Finally, if you press command, shift, and 3 (all together) then it will take a screenshot of your entire screen space, including any secondary or tertiary monitors you have. All screenshots are placed into individual .png files on your desktop, stamped with the date and time.

I don't know if Windows has advanced any with screenshots since I last used it. Press the "print screen" (it might be truncated to something like "prnt scrn" button on your keyboard. This takes a capture of your entire screen, but doesn't create a file for it. You'll need to open a program like Photoshop or Microsoft Paint and paste into a blank document in order for the image output to be visible, and then you'll need to edit it and/or save it to a file. Third-party programs allow you to operate in a manner more similar to Mac OS X; when I was a Windows user, I used Hypersnap DX and then, later, SnagIt. I don't believe that either program is free; there may be free alternatives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Which also assumes that the opponent with the knife or gun isn't experienced in fighting. I'm not trying to say that a weapon creates an automatic loss situation to someone who knows martial arts, just that you still need to be smart about things even if you train in martial arts.
Old 2012-04-02, 17:23   Link #5514
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
I don't know if Windows has advanced any with screenshots since I last used it. Press the "print screen" (it might be truncated to something like "prnt scrn" button on your keyboard. This takes a capture of your entire screen, but doesn't create a file for it. You'll need to open a program like Photoshop or Microsoft Paint and paste into a blank document in order for the image output to be visible, and then you'll need to edit it and/or save it to a file. Third-party programs allow you to operate in a manner more similar to Mac OS X; when I was a Windows user, I used Hypersnap DX and then, later, SnagIt. I don't believe that either program is free; there may be free alternatives.
The "Print Screen" key takes a screenshot of everything that is currently on your screen- using the combination Alt + "Print Screen" takes a screenshot of the current active window. As Ledgem stated, all Windows before 8 require you to paste (Ctrl + V) the screenshot into an image editing program (such as Paint) before saving the document.

Windows Vista and later has something called the "Snipping Tool", I believe- which has four modes: free-form snip (draw any shape and it's contents be captured), rectangular snip (crosshair, drag to capture an area), window snip and full-screen snip. It allows you to do some editing and also allows you to save the screenshot you just took.

One free tool you can use is LightScreen (PortableApps version here), which makes this process a little quicker by saving the screenshot for you and also has a variety of options.
Old 2012-04-04, 16:36   Link #5515
Seitsuki
Onee!

How can I buy realreader?

This is one of the few times a software is good enough for me to want to support and affordable enough for me to pay for. But their site really isn't helping :c

URL

Can anyone manage to find a purchase link in there somewhere?
Old 2012-04-04, 16:50   Link #5516
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
How can I buy realreader?

This is one of the few times a software is good enough for me to want to support and affordable enough for me to pay for. But their site really isn't helping :c

URL

Can anyone manage to find a purchase link in there somewhere?
How about this:

http://shop.vector.co.jp/service/servlet/NCart.View

Old stuff but just a reminder that butthurt report form is here to help
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-05, 02:11   Link #5517
HasuMasu
*Artist

So on Facebook everytime I like or comment on something it appears on everybody else's newsfeed, I tried looking around the privacy settings but it doesn't look like it gives the option of turning that feature off.

Is there any way to get around this?
Old 2012-04-05, 04:20   Link #5518
dragon4dudes
Uncountable rationality

Send a message via MSN to dragon4dudes
Well for starters, here's the "How Sharing Works" page. Seems like you can control who sees your posts on a case-by-case basis. Comments and likes don't seem to be affected by standard privacy controls. It might depend on what you're liking/commenting on. You can edit who sees your likes (friends, friends of friends, etc.) through the edit of likes. IDK about likes of status updates/links/photos though.

Too bad Facebook privacy is largely a opt-in service, rather than opt-out.

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so. Douglas Adams
Where facts are few, experts are many. Donald R. Gannon

void foo() {foo();} // Can you guess what this line of code does?
dragon4dudes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-05, 04:28   Link #5519
HasuMasu
*Artist

Dammit Facebook, does everybody really need to know I comment and like thos lewd anime pictures!?

And the worst part is I'm probably not gonna stop doing that.
Old 2012-04-05, 04:33   Link #5520
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san View Post
So on Facebook everytime I like or comment on something it appears on everybody else's newsfeed, I tried looking around the privacy settings but it doesn't look like it gives the option of turning that feature off.

Is there any way to get around this?
What if you go to your profile, search for "Recent Activity", and click "Hide this action from profile" or "hide all recent comment activity from profile"?

Old stuff but just a reminder that butthurt report form is here to help
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
problem, q&a, serious