AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Old 2013-09-01, 12:24   Link #541
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Don't give a damn about Saudi, really. All I care is Bashar winning.
Well, I think we all agree no one can afford for him to lose. He is the best option for Syria no matter how you look at it. Until we have a decent 2nd option, he is it.
Old 2013-09-01, 13:37   Link #542
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Oh, just a side question: What would you guys do in Bashar position just as he had only won the war?
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-01, 13:39   Link #543
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

If there was something I may say about this is that Assad's forces should have not shown their chemical arsenal nor leak out the news that they are fueling their own rockets a few months ago. No matter what position we have on the subject, that was daft to say the least because they took the spotlight upon themselves in the wrong way and put themselves one finger away from making a mistake. Who would believe you when you once threatened using such hardware in the past?
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-01, 13:48   Link #544
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
Oh, just a side question: What would you guys do in Bashar position just as he had only won the war?
Carry out the promise for reforms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post
If there was something I may say about this is that Assad's forces should have not shown their chemical arsenal nor leak out the news that they are fueling their own rockets a few months ago. No matter what position we have on the subject, that was daft to say the least because they took the spotlight upon themselves in the wrong way and put themselves one finger away from making a mistake. Who would believe you when you once threatened using such hardware in the past?
You mean moving the chemical weapons to secured locations with Russian supervision? Also, what threats do you speak of?
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-01, 14:55   Link #545
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
I find it hard to believe due to it being FOX, which is pretty sad. Really, you did eat away your credibility too much, FOX.

Back to the topic at hand: Expected. There was already too much evidence.
Just so you know, whilst I have nothing against Dale Gavlak and AP, it's similarly problematic citing Walid Shoebat who isn't exactly known for his credibility. So without further ado, here's the direct link:
http://www.mintpressnews.com/witness...eapons/168135/
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-01, 22:03   Link #546
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Obama Seeks Approval by Congress for Strike in Syria
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/01/wo...ast/syria.html

Quote:
Mr. Obama overruled the advice of many of his aides who worried about just such a defeat, and Republican Congressional officials said Saturday that if a vote were taken immediately, the Republican-controlled House would not support action. Interviews with more than a dozen members of Congress made clear that the situation was volatile even in the Senate, where Democrats have a majority.

“Obama hasn’t got a chance to win this vote if he can’t win the majority of his own party, and I doubt he can,” Representative Tom Cole of Oklahoma, a leading Republican, said in an interview. “Democrats have been conspicuously silent. Just about his only support is coming from Republicans. He is a war president without a war party.”
Old 2013-09-01, 22:47   Link #547
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Be interesting to see the usually hawkish members of Congress not support this effort just to spite Obama.
Old 2013-09-01, 23:00   Link #548
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Be interesting to see the usually hawkish members of Congress not support this effort just to spite Obama.
Too late though, MacCain already supported it. In fact all the Hawks have been supporting it way before the Red Line. They are not complaining about needing to go to war, but that Obama's war is too small. They want long term military commitment.
Old 2013-09-01, 23:32   Link #549
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Whatever! As I see it, this muddy situation will continue for a long time!
Old 2013-09-02, 03:27   Link #550
Ridwan

US should sort things up and then involve Iran in Syrian settlement. If there's anyway to end chaos in Syria and getting rid of Assad in one go, it's partnership with Iran. So far, Obama seems to be heading in the right direction, but at the moment it's gamble with the Congress.
Old 2013-09-02, 06:56   Link #551
sbg711

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridwan View Post
US should sort things up and then involve Iran in Syrian settlement. If there's anyway to end chaos in Syria and getting rid of Assad in one go, it's partnership with Iran. So far, Obama seems to be heading in the right direction, but at the moment it's gamble with the Congress.
What the hell. For Iran to get rid of Assad is like for you to chop your own leg off.

sbg711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-02, 08:02   Link #552
Joyce_Steele
Banned

2003: United States insults France and praises United Kingdom for war in Iraq
2013: United States insults United Kingdom and praises France for war in Syria
Joyce_Steele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-02, 09:04   Link #553
Ridwan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbg711 View Post
What the hell. For Iran to get rid of Assad is like for you to chop your own leg off.
I wouldn't be so sure of that. Their assistance will surely come with a price, for sure. It depends on what Obama prioritizes here. Despite all his faults, I perceive him to be wiser then his predecessors and a better judge of history. When she prefers diplomacy over military muscles, US track record in foreign policy hasn't been all that bad, provided she doesn't quit half way. We also have to have clear picture on what Iran prioritizes herself. Their current president is pretty much a bad news for the congress hawks, so this is possibly their last chance to keep the current way of things. We shall see.
Old 2013-09-02, 11:32   Link #554
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Has the new Iranian president been elected yet? I was certain that was around this time of year.
Old 2013-09-02, 11:51   Link #555
Ridwan

August 3rd, just now.
Old 2013-09-02, 19:00   Link #556
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Syrian Regime behind Chemical Attacks, France says:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-23928871

So...can anybody translate that report?
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-02, 23:49   Link #557
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

The report...is it actually saying Syria used VX? It's quite easily detectable so the UN team should have found traces
Old 2013-09-03, 00:57   Link #558
Tom Bombadil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post

Yes, the news article didn't say anything other than asserting that a chemical attack happened, which nobody has any real doubt at the moment. Hopefully, the report will say more.
Old 2013-09-03, 03:21   Link #559
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post

The report basically says:

Spoiler for summary:

They say in the final paragraph that the rebels don't quite have 1) the capabilities to launch such a coordinated assault, 2) the resources to keep CWs locked into storage rooms nor 3) to use CWs.

A number of things are still left for interpretation and I expected more than 9 pages for a report. Still, some people on the ground apparently identified debris as what's left from 300-mm rockets shortly after the attack. I can't wait to see what the UN will publish based on what they found.
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-03, 03:45   Link #560
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Basically an anti-report for the regime. So, anyone having any idea what will happen next?