AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-08-20, 18:22   Link #1901
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

No one who's ever suffered serious back problems would mock Togashi for this. The idea of trying to draw a weekly manga serialization while suffering back issues is truly preposterous. It impacts every facet of your life, including trying to sleep.

If indeed Togashi has a chronic back problem, it could certainly explain his hiatus issues. As to why he wouldn't have just said so I wondered about that too, but maybe it really is just that Japanese "suck it up" mentality where it's better to just say nothing than to admit a weakness. Objectively anyone can see it would have been better to just say up front what the problem was, if indeed a serious back ailment was the problem.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-21, 03:37   Link #1902
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

As someone who has a (minor) backache as we speak, I can totally feel that guy. When I say 'minor', I do mean 'hurts like fucking hell'.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-21, 03:47   Link #1903
Breimoon

Personally i don't think all his hiatus have to do with backpain. Maybe this time's but not all the previous ones.
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-24, 07:07   Link #1904
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
No one who's ever suffered serious back problems would mock Togashi for this. The idea of trying to draw a weekly manga serialization while suffering back issues is truly preposterous. It impacts every facet of your life, including trying to sleep.

If indeed Togashi has a chronic back problem, it could certainly explain his hiatus issues. As to why he wouldn't have just said so I wondered about that too, but maybe it really is just that Japanese "suck it up" mentality where it's better to just say nothing than to admit a weakness. Objectively anyone can see it would have been better to just say up front what the problem was, if indeed a serious back ailment was the problem.
Nah, it's Togashi's own problem anyway to let himself lurking in hiatus for around 30% a half of Hunter X Hunter output time which in total around 4 to 5 years of Hunter X Hunter series. There are speculation that Hunter X Hunter may not be able to finished and kicked out from Shounen Jump if Togashi went on hiatus for more than at least a month or so again.

He was written as the most popular author on hiatus more than a year two times on famous manga history. None of top 10 popular manga was on hiatus more than a year, Hunter X Hunter is number one on hiatus more than a year and it was confirmed just by the release date itself.

Odachi from one piece was older than Togashi but he never make a hiatus more than a month at any reasons.

Last edited by Ramero; 2014-08-24 at 20:17.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-24, 20:36   Link #1905
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

It's not up to you to decide what is a good reason to go on hiatus and what isn't. It's not like he owes anything to you.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote