Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2007-04-03, 19:16   Link #1
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Your real-life anime moments

Today I was at a mall and I was going up an escalator when I looked up and realized I was looking straight up the skirt of a girl who was standing about 20-25 feet ahead of me on the escalator.

A calm thought ran through my head that moment. It said, "Oh, wow, this is like one of those moments in anime..."

So, what are your real-life anime moments?

PS: For the curious, they were pink.
Old 2007-04-04, 04:08   Link #2
thisis

oO
I've seen many girls walking around in skirts, but I don't think I ever managed to actually see their panties. Was she tying her shoes or anything??
Weird.

Anyway, my real-life anime moment was when my immature friends about 3 years ago started to mimic DBZ characters (random martial arts in school, weird fighting noises coming from their mouths, shouting about becoming super saiyan level god-knows-what). lawl..
thisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-04, 05:35   Link #3
tugatosmk
1982 tuga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova View Post
Today I was at a mall and I was going up an escalator when I looked up and realized I was looking straight up the skirt of a girl who was standing about 20-25 feet ahead of me on the escalator.

A calm thought ran through my head that moment. It said, "Oh, wow, this is like one of those moments in anime..."
LOLOL! (Why things like that don't happen to me? )

Who says anime is all unrealistic?
Old 2007-04-04, 06:59   Link #4
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
.. my friends always tell me that i sometimes act as if i just stepped out of a series myself... i asked her about it but the way i flip out at things.. yell at people and respond remembers her of an old comedy series she used to watch...

for example, yesterday at school i made sure i was working on a computer in a small office away fromt he class... for fun i walked in ont he class, talked to my friend and when he asked me where i was working i sarcasticly told him that i had a room all for myself and walked away laughing >.>;

another example of last week.. i was behind a laptop that wasnt working right and in the middle of class i suddenly jumped up and started cursing at the mallfunctioning thing while pointing at it...

as many people would say.. my over dosis of imagination went to my head >.>
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-04, 07:54   Link #5
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Meeting an old childhood female friend whom i hadn't seen for 7 years or so ? Turned out we were taking the same course in the same university, and we turned out to be in the same class Though no romance came of it
Old 2007-04-04, 10:43   Link #6
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Meeting an old childhood female friend whom i hadn't seen for 7 years or so ? Turned out we were taking the same course in the same university, and we turned out to be in the same class Though no romance came of it
Now thats funny. That I think qualifies as an anime moment. You er... didn't happen to bump into a mysterious loli, a girl with a terminal disease, a foul-mouthed girl and then witness a girl get hit by a semi after that did you? Been a rough morning for me on the boards (lot of series didn't pan out apparently that I had high hopes for), but that more than made up for it.

My anime moment is when they forcibly dressed up the one cutesy short and rather well-endowed (I swear to go this is all true) server at work as a walking christmas tree a while back and since she had a really high pitched voice I had like no choice but to call her Mikuru for the rest of the night and she said "Don't you mean Miracle?". Yeah.....Miracle. No revolvers or electrical outlets were nearby unfortunately.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-04, 10:48   Link #7
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

I havnt experienced an anime moment yet or I havnt noticed them . But for once I want to see someone nosebleed away way for al the wrong reasons
Old 2007-04-04, 12:13   Link #8
Baka-neko
Nekosuki

Send a message via MSN to Baka-neko
Well... Panties ^^
I was waiting at the bottom of our school's stairs and one girl passes me and walks up the stairs. Of course she is wearing miniskirt. I was thinking all those serious things like global warming etc etc when I decided to look up and BANG there they are, direct view to panties ^^
No nosebleed tho
Baka-neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-04, 19:36   Link #9
psycho bolt
Cowmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baka-neko View Post
Well... Panties ^^
I was waiting at the bottom of our school's stairs and one girl passes me and walks up the stairs. Of course she is wearing miniskirt. I was thinking all those serious things like global warming etc etc when I decided to look up and BANG there they are, direct view to panties ^^
No nosebleed tho
Yeah, it would be funny if she then sees you nosebleeding and looking at her.
psycho bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-04, 20:16   Link #10
bobthevicious
Wanderer

Send a message via AIM to bobthevicious
I occasionally yell at my friends: "It's over nine thousaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand!"
bobthevicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-04, 20:27   Link #11
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Quote:
Originally Posted by tug View Post
Who says anime is all unrealistic?
I do because it is.

Not really had any fancy instances that mirrored harem cliches like OP, but there were elements in Honey & Clover that mirrored certain parts of a time in my life for a couple of years during undergrad (being intentionally vague here). But, then again, I'm sure there's a lot of people who can say the same thing. I mean, who hasn't pined for one girl in particular before?
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-04, 21:34   Link #12
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
My anime moments come mostly with inner jokes between a friend of mine who's also into it. We especially joke a lot about everyday stuff that Azumanga Daioh delivered with a comedic spin. For example, I'd stare at him smiling like an idiot if I broke my chopsticks cleanly when having dinner at a Jap restaurant, and we'd both get a good laugh out of it, submerged into a sea of strange looks delivered by the rest of the people at the table.

I also remember laughing out very loud at my first Jap class, when I saw in the vocabulary the words escalator and elevator next to each other (another unforgettable Osaka moment...)

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-05, 00:30   Link #13
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayos View Post
I take nice long walks through the park to get to school, as the season changes.
I do that too, but only because I live in southern Ontario where the temperature ranges between -30 and +40 degrees celcius and sometimes on the same day. One minute its sunny and bright out and then an hour later its snowing.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-05, 00:53   Link #14
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova View Post

So, what are your real-life anime moments?

PS: For the curious, they were pink.
I don't do that, ^_^.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-05, 08:58   Link #15
wao
OK.

Must have been when I got into my middle school. It's a prestigious middle school and I got in entirely due to a fluke and it felt like those shoujo manga where the girl gets accepted into some super elite school without ever expecting it.

However, while it was a girls school please don't think this is like Oniisama e or Marimite some anime full of onee-samas where I fell in love with the seniors Too much of an antisocial person to have done that.

Certainly didn't get any magical superpowers or become a super achiever or anything either But that moment and that day is still etched in my mind. For a while I had let myself totally believe in the hierarchical system we practise here with schools...
Old 2007-04-08, 22:26   Link #16
Honey_and_Cleaver

My anime moment was when i saw i small girl during art tuition class. She had brushy long hair, her eyes were sad but beautiful, he lips were small, her upper lips bend sharp, she was just too beautiful. She looked like a real life Rozen Maiden Anime girl.She was really an unordinary breed.

Up till now, whenever i see other girls, i get spoiled, i hate all the common scum ive met. She is no longer over there, but i regret i didint have the guts to speak one single word to her. Also i try to not see her again because shes too small and im too old. Her parents are really scary people and she looked really scary to approach too. But life is not fair, and since then, i have never been able to snap out of it. She was way different than an ordinary child, she wasnt playful but she looks way mature. I wish i was same age with her and went to the same school.

Lesson in life, some people only come once in your life, and youll never see them again.Sometimes even when you see them, it doesnt turn out to be the way it is. So in the end, life for some, is an unescapeble regret till death.
Honey_and_Cleaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-08, 23:07   Link #17
Dark Lord Zenigame
ロリコン

Send a message via AIM to Dark Lord Zenigame
Didn't happen to me exactly, but I was there.

For my college's anime convention thing, there's a tradition to show pr0ns late at night, for the pervert crowd. Since I don't care to watch that, I stayed in the club office while it was on last year, and a few people were there with me.

One of them stepped out for a little while to see just what anime pr0ns were showing and a halfhour later, he came running back into the room with a massive nosebleed.

I had no idea that whole cliche was true.

Needless to say, I laughed my ass off for a good long while. ^_^;;
Dark Lord Zenigame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-09, 00:54   Link #18
Alexandrite
Bloody Hell...

Send a message via MSN to Alexandrite Send a message via Yahoo to Alexandrite
Only one I can think of at this moment is a nosebleed while watching the final episode of Shuffle! Memories (the pure fanservice one). In my defense though, the weather around here has given me quite a few nosebleeds as of late.
Alexandrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-09, 12:27   Link #19
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Let's see. I swear to god this happened, and it was just creepy - it is now, but not back then. I had this crush on a girl who was in the same program as me in college (Bachelor of Fine Arts), though she was into Theater and I was into Creative Writing. She really has the body frame of a loli, keeps her brown (or was it blonde-ish? I can't remember, it's been six to seven years) hair short, and has slightly childish mannerisms (slightly tsundereish).

After I got to know her, it turned out that we were cousins. o_o I swear I thought that instances like these could only be in eroges or anime - well, not then, but now.

Another one was when I was with two of my friends during a sleepover. One was a girl, and the two of us were guys. Having nothing to do, me and my friend (the guy: we were staying over at the girl's place) decided to rummage through the various VHS tapes that she kept stored in the cabinet below her television. Turns out that they were various footages of me and my friends having fun, the girl included (she loves to record stuff). So she sits down with us and watches the tapes. While we were in the middle of watching one, it suddenly cuts off to a footage of her during her debut, particularly in a rather embarassing moment for her.

My friend was drinking iced tea, and spat out his drink and laughed his ass off. The girl got frustrated and backhanded my friend with her right hand clenched in a fist - and, damn, the way he fell over was something out of an anime. The initial contact his face took from her fist left him unconscious, and he fell over on the floor with both his legs straight up then buckling down when his back hit the floor.
Old 2007-04-11, 01:37   Link #20
XsukiyakiX
Needs something to hug

Location: location, location, location! it's all about location (Phil.)
Send a message via Yahoo to XsukiyakiX
Hmm... I remeber when I fall asleep in class. I was dreaming of eating too many sweets when suddenly I heard my tacher saying my name. I brust my head out and said : 33!!!!!!! and the whole class looked at me...
XsukiyakiX is offline   Reply With Quote