AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-09-24, 22:24   Link #2221
Sumeragi
Banned

Images
Inaban/Himeko-chan
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-25, 19:39   Link #2222
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

Tremendous.

Yui has gotten a few good moments for her character (and several not so good ones) but it really was Aoki's week.

Last edited by ThereminVox; 2016-06-09 at 20:21.
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-26, 00:03   Link #2223
Jmac
Sharing my world thru art
*Artist

Images
Himeko lineart
Old 2012-09-26, 23:46   Link #2224
Forsaken_Infinity

I am surprised at the volume of complaints about the pace at which Aoki resolved his issue. It came as quite natural to me and in fact he was already not being himself when he loitered around depressed and confused for a couple of episodes. And Yui's resolution felt natural too with what has been going on and all that. Perhaps there was much too much merrymaking but they know that there are going to be many problems ahead, that their chosen path isn't exactly going to be a cakewalk, that things may change in the future as it drastically did for them both in the past and thus they smile where they can imo.

For all the whine about how they have been nothing but the run-of-the-mill background support, I honestly think Aoki and Yui have received far more character development than the other three. What the other three have gone through hasn't really been all that relevant. More like a farce, or rather, an instance of the innocuous school girls' dreamy love drama in all honesty.

Also I am still convinced, as I have been since like episode 2, that Taichi is in love with Inaba, that his "feelings" for Iori are just extrapolated projections of his concern for her as a friend and due in part to his obsessive impulse to play the hero and in part to Inaba's insistent effort at making him aware of Iori. Even if I am not sure about Taichi's feelings, I am 100 % certain that Iori doesn't really want a romance with Taichi - unless it means a threesome with Inaba in as well. Hell yeah.
Old 2012-09-27, 07:03   Link #2225
Silverwyrm

How many episodes s this supposed to be?
Silverwyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-27, 08:17   Link #2226
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverwyrm View Post
How many episodes s this supposed to be?
13 TV episodes, 4 BD episodes.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-27, 11:38   Link #2227
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

Just marathoned episodes 6 to 12. I love this anime!
ninryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-27, 14:10   Link #2228
Amoiro Nguyen
lazy onee-sama

This current arc is great, by the way, I think next episode is the arc's last one.
Old 2012-09-27, 15:46   Link #2229
Snuffle
likes cute things

If the next ep is really the end to this arc then the only thing I could feel is that this is once again going to be wasted potential.
Snuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-27, 15:47   Link #2230
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

The difference is abit too lopsided...

Spoiler for Kokoro Connect Character Popularity Poll:

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2012-09-28 at 04:46.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-27, 20:15   Link #2231
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

I think you might wanna put that in a spoiler tag since it reveals some future characters...

Images
Iori x Inaban

Last edited by Lantern; 2012-09-27 at 23:12.
Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-28, 00:08   Link #2232
velderia
Former NEET.

Went on a marathon from 4-11 tonight WOW. THIS ANIME... Luckily the episodes are like 15 min-ish without the op/ed.

But I thought it was weird when in one episode where Inaba's mom actually let Goto talk to her alone.. Is this a cultural thing or a scrip mishap? Or maybe Heartseed was somehow controlling Inaba's mom?

And the childhood episode is scary. T_T
velderia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-28, 00:12   Link #2233
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by velderia View Post
But I thought it was weird when in one episode where Inaba's mom actually let Goto talk to her alone.. Is this a cultural thing or a scrip mishap?
A homeroom teacher is paying a home visit. Why would a homeroom teacher speaking with his student alone in the student's room be strange?
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-28, 00:21   Link #2234
velderia
Former NEET.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
A homeroom teacher is paying a home visit. Why would a homeroom teacher speaking with his student alone in the student's room be strange?
I don't know. In the USA, the places I grew up, that would be kind of odd. Sometimes it's a school policy to not let a teacher do that I think.
velderia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-28, 00:22   Link #2235
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Quote:
Went on a marathon from 4-11 tonight WOW. THIS ANIME... Luckily the episodes are like 15 min-ish without the op/ed.

But I thought it was weird when in one episode where Inaba's mom actually let Goto talk to her alone.. Is this a cultural thing or a scrip mishap? Or maybe Heartseed was somehow controlling Inaba's mom?

And the childhood episode is scary. T_T
Eh, they cut out a bit of explanation from the novel.

Spoiler for Episode 9, HS at Inaba's room scene, comparison with novel Vol 2:

Last edited by Lantern; 2012-09-28 at 00:43.
Old 2012-09-28, 00:56   Link #2236
Amoiro Nguyen
lazy onee-sama

Quote:
I don't know. In the USA, the places I grew up, that would be kind of odd. Sometimes it's a school policy to not let a teacher do that I think.
It's a cultural thing, I guess. Japan's moral code is pretty different of the USA's.

In Japan, teachers have huge respect from people.
So Inaba's mom trust Gotou because he's her daughter's homeroom teacher and he wouldn't do anything to Himeko.

Well, that's just a wild guess.
Old 2012-09-28, 01:22   Link #2237
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amoiro Nguyen View Post
It's a cultural thing, I guess. Japan's moral code is pretty different of the USA's.

In Japan, teachers have huge respect from people.
So Inaba's mom trust Gotou because he's her daughter's homeroom teacher and he wouldn't do anything to Himeko.

Well, that's just a wild guess.
I'm not sure about the "huge respect" part
Maybe from consensus, yes. People would respect the idea of being a teacher. But truth is, whenever it involves their own sons/daughters they turn their face around. Being a teacher in Asian countries (I've seen it first hand in Hong Kong), and especially Japan, sucks as they need to put up with all sorts of abuse from overreacting parents (and there are a lot of them) and almost anything, be it low student grades or misunderstanding can cost them their career.
Old 2012-09-28, 03:55   Link #2238
s07195
However,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantern View Post
I'm not sure about the "huge respect" part
Maybe from consensus, yes. People would respect the idea of being a teacher. But truth is, whenever it involves their own sons/daughters they turn their face around. Being a teacher in Asian countries (I've seen it first hand in Hong Kong), and especially Japan, sucks as they need to put up with all sorts of abuse from overreacting parents (and there are a lot of them) and almost anything, be it low student grades or misunderstanding can cost them their career.
That's sadly true, though it happens relatively less in my school.
Old 2012-09-28, 04:06   Link #2239
EroKing

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-12-03 at 05:17.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-28, 11:24   Link #2240
pudding321

Quote:
I also find this odd after you raised this question. Normally, the teacher would talk a lot with the parents about their children since that's what home visits are for. However, Gotou just walked in Inaba's room and directly spoke to her. Why the fuss for a home visit if you're just gonna speak to her when you can do that in school?

Yes, I believe it's major script thing here. Heartseed could have used Inaba's mum to talk to her.

I think the main reason why teachers are not allowed to meet their students in person / or in private places in USA is because there are too many cases of rape—boy or girl alike. They are prone to be blamed for any consequence. Besides, parents don't believe in the teachers. They want their kids to have the same moral values as them so they can be obedient and make decisions of their like. Well, I don't live in USA. I'm just guessing, really.
pudding321 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
body swapping, comedy, drama, romance, shounen, slice of life