AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2012-01-21, 23:34   Link #2081
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Fate gets a wicked speed boost normally against U-D. Going Sonic Form makes it insane.
Old 2012-01-22, 13:08   Link #2082
shinku no kage
:Still Yayoi's Onii~chan:

Finally finished story mode...I literally had three seconds before my battery gave out. I almost made the same mistake as Levi in the manga. I gotta say that this game was pretty good overall. Not as good as I have hoped but still good nonetheless.

I dont know whether to say the power balance between the characters is good or bad. Sure, it may seem like some characters have a big advantage over some others but at the same time its what makes the battle interesting...? Though I still think Nanoha's long range attacks are a little too much and Presea's defense is ridiculously low.

Though I was glad that Einhart was a pretty well balanced character seeing as she's the #1 reason I bought the game. She's good at close range combat and while her long range attack "Kuuhadan" isnt that fast or powerful she can take her opponents attack and throw it back with her "Senshouha". The only things I didnt like about her character is her o button long range move, "Tsunagarenu Kobushi" aka Unchain Knuckle in the "Vivid" manga. Sure, it prevents her from staggering from attack and halves magical damage for 5~10secs (depending on if you charged it or not) but I was expecting it to be a counter bind move, as in she'd break free from a bind and counter with a blast, like in the manga.

Another disappointing thing about her was that there was no alternate costume for her. orz. I was expecting her previous look, before Asteon changed her hair style.

I'm also enjoying playing as Levi, Hayate, Kyrie, and Vita. I've still yet to unlock Yuuri, Vivio, Alph, and Presea. Levi in her Sprite form is rather ridiculously powerful but I dont feel cheap using it like when playing as Nanoha and alternating between Accel Shoot and Buster.

I do hope to see more character in a future title of the series, or maybe if we're lucky, as DLCs. I'd really like to see characters from the manga series, especially from the "Vivid" series. I think that characters like Corona, Shante, and Els have unique moves to offer. Ofcourse I'm hoping for Rio, Miura, Mikaya, and Harry as well. Characters from "Force"? Ummm, I dont see why not but...if they did Force version Nanoha, Fate, and etc. then the already awkward power balance would become even more unbalanced. I can totally see Force version Nanoha KOing Presea with one attack, thats not her Drive attack.

..."future title"...am I the only person thinking that its going to be on the PSVita and that they're going to create a Nanoha x PSVita bundle with a red PSVita?
Old 2012-01-22, 16:57   Link #2083
Sunder the Gold

After seeing trailers for that fanmade Subaru game, I can't see why she couldn't be in this game or another one following it.

What would her moveset be?

Revolver Shoot for Square, ACS for her Triangle, Divine Buster for her close-range grab, Oscillating Breaker for her Full Drive Burst...
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-22, 17:00   Link #2084
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Could have easily had Otto and Deed in this game.

Could have worked like the Lieze Twins...

Deed for close range and when it got to long range, swap to Otto.

It's not like the game makers didn't make up moves for some of the characters after all.

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-22, 17:38   Link #2085
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
Well, the twins were cut from movie 2 iirc, so next game

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
itanshi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-22, 17:40   Link #2086
Lycodrake

Quote:
Originally Posted by itanshi1 View Post
Well, the twins were cut from movie 2 iirc, so next game
Since when were the movies the determining factor for the games? Really, I'm curious.
Old 2012-01-22, 18:06   Link #2087
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

got another idea? heh

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
Old 2012-01-22, 18:29   Link #2088
Lycodrake

Quote:
got another idea? heh
Not sure what you mean by that. ^^;
Old 2012-01-22, 18:30   Link #2089
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Just a director quip, they chose the twins cause it'd be the only game they'd fit in right now.

Curious thing if they make another sequel, will it be between A's and strikers? Or will they join the TSAB?

That's a lot of characters, I love when they make new ones instead of using existing stock x_x

Old 2012-01-22, 18:40   Link #2090
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
The twins were major players in A's so why wouldn't they be in an A's game?
Old 2012-01-22, 19:05   Link #2091
rxrx

The reason why the Sts crew ain't in the game is because they can't fly. As for the numbers, maybe it is because they don't fit into the story too well since you already have 4 characters for the future representing their own series. Touma and Lily for Force, Vivio fo Sts and Einhart for Vivid so I think they do not want to break this yet.

Speaking of which, it would be funny if Touma, Vivio and Einhart develop a relationship like Nanoha, Fate and Hayate since they seem to be reflecting them when they were young.
rxrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-22, 19:08   Link #2092
Lycodrake

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
Speaking of which, it would be funny if Touma, Vivio and Einhart develop a relationship like Nanoha, Fate and Hayate since they seem to be reflecting them when they were young.
"Relationship" has a loaded meaning, rxrx. Do you mean that or something else?
Old 2012-01-22, 19:11   Link #2093
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
Could have easily had Otto and Deed in this game.

Could have worked like the Lieze Twins...

Deed for close range and when it got to long range, swap to Otto.

It's not like the game makers didn't make up moves for some of the characters after all.
I forget, could either of them fly? I think Otto needed to stand on a flying Gadget Drone.

Now, Tre (melee) and Sette (ranged) could both fly... but they're in jail.
Old 2012-01-22, 19:11   Link #2094
Laith
Even if it just for a bit
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
Inb4 Thoma being shafted after Force.
Laith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-22, 19:12   Link #2095
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
I forget, could either of them fly? I think Otto needed to stand on a flying Gadget Drone.

Now, Tre (melee) and Sette (ranged) could both fly... but they're in jail.
They can fly in canon.

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-22, 19:13   Link #2096
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
They can fly in canon.
Then yeah, they would have been a totally sweet team to throw in. Would have even drummed up some more interest in StrikerS, maybe.

For costumes, they could have their habits, with their old Numbers outfits for alternates.
Old 2012-01-22, 19:14   Link #2097
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Would be amusing if she had to use a drone to fly, you could knock her off and it'd catch her again maybe

Old 2012-01-22, 19:16   Link #2098
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Would be amusing if she had to use a drone to fly, you could knock her off and it'd catch her again maybe
Kind of like how in BlazBlue, Rachel never kneels or lands on the ground, but uses Nago as a cushion seat and landing pad.
Old 2012-01-22, 19:21   Link #2099
rxrx

Then Touma will just suffer the fate of Hayate, whom also got shafted from the limelight, shown as weak and useless despite being a nuke and almost forgotten by all her friends? This is really a good start right?

Besides, in canon, the old trio are suppose to be very close friends, so I don't see why the new ones cannot be. Vivio and Einhart can be paired together by fanon and Touma can just continue his journey with Lily and Isis. Of course, if fans scream murder because of this then Touma can be shafted like all the males of the series like Chrono, Yunno and Zafira and that is dumb as he is suppose to be the main character.
rxrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-22, 19:35   Link #2100
shinku no kage
:Still Yayoi's Onii~chan:

...I hope that the reason that they didnt add some of the other characters was because they couldnt fly...whomever said that all battles had to take place in the air? Besides Subaru has "Wing Road" so why couldnt they integrate that? I mean c'mon, a Nanoha fighting game and no Subaru?!