AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2007-01-12, 03:16   Link #1
Theclow
"Removed by mod"

Lost planet: Extreme condition

I'm suprised no one has made a thread one is yet at least that I can see but the game launches today(it's 1:17 Am here) and what are you opinions on how it will turn out?
Theclow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-12, 04:07   Link #2
Lebron
I hear voices

I thought about making a thread, but figured it would be a waste :P

I'm getting my copy tomorrow, but a bud of mine got the game today, so I played a bit over at his place. Game is pretty solid for the most part. The SP boss battles are awesome, I've made it to mission 5. I hear that the SP is on the short side, like around 7-8 hours. I could care less, Gears of War was around the same length, and so was Halo 1 and 2. I rather have a game that is short yet fulfilling, than a game that is long yet pretty dull. The game doesn't really have a story, and some of the missions can feel the same. Also, some of the bosses, all though stellar, feel tacked on. Like they just put it at the end, simply because they had to. Still the boss fights are all pretty enjoyable. MP is really fun, but be prepared to get ass-handed by some hardcore Japanese players, until you get used to it :P

The graphics are gorgeous, and in some places look just as good if not better than Gears of War. Also, this easily makes you yarn for a next-gen GunValykrie :P

I would probably give the game overall around an 8 out of 10. I was expecting a bit more from the SP aspect, but nevertheless it's still enjoyable. The MP is pretty much the deciding factor, doh. It's a blast, and they easily improved from the demo they released a couple months back. Still if you've downloaded and played the E3 demo they have on the Live Marketplace, and loved it, you will easily love the full game.

Here's a little gif :P
Lebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-12, 04:22   Link #3
Theclow
"Removed by mod"

I only played the MP demo, I never played the SP demo because at the time I wasn't really interested a a "snow servival" game but the more trialers I saw I realisied that it was more then that(actually when I first heard of it I though you had to kill snow bunnies and eat the're meat )
But now that I have played the online demo I can't wait to play the SP(though I won't download the E3 demo because the game is out already(like I said it's around 2am)).
Theclow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-12, 04:31   Link #4
Lebron
I hear voices

Yeah, if you enjoyed the MP demo, then you will love the final full game, both SP and MP. The SP is good, and is pretty much a mix of 3rd person shooting and mech fighting. I really like how the mechs, or VS's, control. If you're a mech fanatic I don't see how you could pass this game up. It will easily leave you satisfied. The 3rd person shooting, however, could need a little bit more work. It's fine, but not the most fluid. Maybe just takes some getting use to, not that big of a deal.

I really want that faceplate
Lebron is offline   Reply With Quote