AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Zero no Tsukaima

Notices

Old 2007-12-28, 03:28   Link #41
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by kissthestick View Post
i quite liked the season 2 arc despite the negative responses, but than again i've never read the manga, can anyone breifily summarize what the animators messed up compared to the superior manga version?

thanks.
1. It's the novel, not the manga.

2. There was a period of time in which Saito and Louise were apart from each other, both thinking they would never see each other again. That period was between Saito's war scene and the reunion scene. And trust me, there was a lot of content between those scenes that J.C. Staff deliberately skipped.
minhtam1638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-28, 04:18   Link #42
Supah Em
WHO DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam2448 View Post
2. There was a period of time in which Saito and Louise were apart from each other, both thinking they would never see each other again. That period was between Saito's war scene and the reunion scene. And trust me, there was a lot of content between those scenes that J.C. Staff deliberately skipped.
this is what made season 2 pure crap for me. the reunion scene was good, but the fairy joke was very very lame
Supah Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-28, 04:27   Link #43
shaolinx
Kani Fascination

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam2448 View Post
1. It's the novel, not the manga.

Yup, to a point where louise almost killed herself... instead of that stupid reunion we see in the anime
shaolinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-28, 15:28   Link #44
f4bidnish40

Send a message via AIM to f4bidnish40 Send a message via Yahoo to f4bidnish40
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by supahem View Post
this is what made season 2 pure crap for me. the reunion scene was good, but the fairy joke was very very lame
you know, season one was made good.... season 2 was made and they were planning for season 3 which hopefully will be good. Leaving so much unresolved was to make room for season 3, and season 2 i think is just a bridge series that connects season 1 to three.

Furthermore, that fairy will get some role in season 3.

Last edited by f4bidnish40; 2007-12-28 at 15:29. Reason: self explanatory.
f4bidnish40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-28, 18:54   Link #45
gugumomu
the hedgehog

well, season 2 starts at novel 4 and ends with the novel 8. so they have now novels 9-13 for the story of season 3. the fact that they were "low" on material for the season 3 (or the fact that JC Staff was already planing season3) is not an excuse for butchering the novels 5-8 in season 2 (what do you mean by "Leaving so much unresolved"? the story goes by the material in the novels, season 2 ends at the ending of novel 8). furthermore the rushed ending in season 2 has really no excuse, only the fact that they wanted to show Saito's return in season 2 (where's the unresolved part again?) and they only had a limited number of episodes to show everything. i hope that "that fairy" will get some role in season 3, because she is a major character in the novels.
gugumomu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-30, 00:09   Link #46
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
As we can see a new character "Fairy lady" will appear. The problem is, that her best time is during volume 8 where she heals Saito. Then she dissappears and only later gets some focus (from volume 12) where she comes to academy for stupid fanservice.

This means, if they dont fix the whole skipping volume 8 ending the new character will have small role, will be badly presented (best character traits revealed in volume 8, while other volume with her is mostly stupid fanservice).

I would guess that it will be another 12-13 episode rushed crap, which will mostly concentrate on vo0lume 12 of the novels since it was the most stupid and fanservice based one from all others, which suits this dumb anime series perfectly.

Sems that the biggest problem is the complete skip of volume 8 and the idiotic ending of season 2 so far. But again despite how great failure the season 2 was the sales are ok (dropped slightly compared to season 1 but most novel or season 1 fans still want to buy it). So it might be worth to take a risk with season 3, but if the series would have 2 crap seasons out of three I somehow think that selling rates of season 3 would keep on dropping even if compared with season 2.

demonfodder, and I am tired of the ones that complain about "novel whiners" without trying to see the problem. The problem is that if anime would be good there would be much less complaints than are now. And even if you don't read novels you must be blind or rather ignorant to not to notice how characters change in both seasons, without any reason thus making it all too sudden and badly developed (blame goes to season 2 since it is not capable to follow season 1).
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-30, 05:21   Link #47
Supah Em
WHO DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!
*Scanlator

volume 8 skip - terrible. it could have developed tif... the elf girl much more. i hope they do something about it. (reset or whatever i dun care)

fanservice - too many of it. and very few moments are dedicated to serious ones ( who wants to hear 'baka inu' over and over again?
Supah Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-30, 14:48   Link #48
toniblab

they even mess up the english subs titles.one said 7 million troops the other said 70,000 troops.and this happen a few times.
toniblab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-30, 15:48   Link #49
Toreno
すごい!

Quote:
Originally Posted by toniblab View Post
they even mess up the english subs titles.one said 7 million troops the other said 70,000 troops.and this happen a few times.
Uhm dude...but that's because of the different fansub groups, J.C. Staff doesn't make the fansubs.
Toreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-30, 16:00   Link #50
justsomeguy

Nahoko Hasegawa, who wrote the script for Oh My Goddess, Tenchi Muyo, and composed Hidamari Sketch.

I have never seen any of those shows (but at least I've heard of them, unlike Yuji Kawahara's works); does anybody know if this person is "good?"
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-30, 17:34   Link #51
gugumomu
the hedgehog

i've only seen Ah! My Goddess, but i think it's very good storywise, the whole story fits together and it flows nicely without elements that dont fit. we dont see to much fanservice and another characterstic of the story is pretty much zero happening there. overall, the story is put very good into scene in Ah!MyGoddess, so i would say that Nahoko Hasegawa could insert some sanity into season 3 of ZnT, making us forget the dangled and confusing episodes of ZnT 2
Old 2007-12-30, 17:42   Link #52
toniblab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toreno View Post
Uhm dude...but that's because of the different fansub groups, J.C. Staff doesn't make the fansubs.
this is from watching it on youtube .

i will go to the one site that has the first 5 books translated.and read them so i can have a better understanding on what you people are complaining about.even cut down it is better than some that has no meaning, that other think is great.

on the other quote about the ending ep 12 of season 2 .i think this ep. is better.yes i know they should had to add something i think they should had added 6 months later before the reunion of saito and louise.

season 3 i hope is twice as good as both combine
toniblab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-30, 19:30   Link #53
gugumomu
the hedgehog

Quote:
Originally Posted by toniblab View Post
season 3 i hope is twice as good as both combine
your words in God's/Buddha's/Allah's ear my friend. that would be just subarashii
Old 2008-01-07, 09:06   Link #54
Anima
Oh! You mean we don't?

I like the novel's style of the characters more than the anime's one. I hope the 3rd season go with the novel's style.
Anima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-07, 17:22   Link #55
longshot

hmm imo i think the following should happen
1. saito gets gun
2. the war is still going on idk what the hell the story will be if it isnt
3.dont do a repeat of S2...ah god the horror
4.the things above are not likely to happen
longshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-08, 00:52   Link #56
Vertiful

Quote:
Originally Posted by longshot View Post
hmm imo i think the following should happen
1. saito gets gun
2. the war is still going on idk what the hell the story will be if it isnt
3.dont do a repeat of S2...ah god the horror
4.the things above are not likely to happen
1. Not for a while im afraid.
2. Im not gonna give away any specifics unless requested but at least in the novel: there were much more going on than just the war at the Albion. That was just the beginning.
3. lol, same here.
4. no comment
Vertiful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 19:22   Link #57
Zigheart

I hope this season would be awesome without throwing away a good story line in novel for a lot of perverted screen and not too rush story.
Zigheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-15, 14:53   Link #58
Spiritovod

Need some translation ... >_<

http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/7...season3pi5.jpg
Spiritovod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-15, 19:34   Link #59
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritovod View Post
Just some points from the bottom right box-

-Third season is a story that takes place after the war <--Well, no chance for a redo
-The atmosphere will be kind of similar to season 1's, now that Louise and co. have returned to the academy
-People getting along better and working together (in the academy)
-More Tabitha
-Tifannia appears
-Focus on Louise and Saito's growth and bond
-It's going to be a work that allows you to fully enjoy "Zero"

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-16, 01:12   Link #60
teachopvutru
Urusai~Urusai~Urusai~

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
-Focus on Louise and Saito's growth and bond
Definitely a plus, I just hope they don't develop the characters and just destroy everything at the end of the episode or series <.< ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
-It's going to be a work that allows you to fully enjoy "Zero"
Well, I take that they do NOT mean throwing those blame boobs joke, or do they?

"FOUND YOU!" ~Taiga
teachopvutru is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, comedy, ecchi, fantasy, j.c. staff, romance, sequel, shounen, tsundere