AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-05-23, 21:22   Link #3081
Nya~n
umbrella moe~♥

because yuri >>>> srsbsns *facepalm* let's get to discussing the aeons.
Old 2010-05-23, 22:52   Link #3082
tsunade666

question:

Kamijou Touma means "Someone above or existance thats above or being above normal?"

I'm reading stuffs about the aeons, egyptian gods and aiwass. After reading it all I would post it

btw right now I think the author should make kakine a girl because if he represents isis. then it should be a girl but then again I don't want to see kakine murdering a girl gruelsomely.
Old 2010-05-23, 23:34   Link #3083
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
question:

Kamijou Touma means "Someone above or existance thats above or being above normal?"

I'm reading stuffs about the aeons, egyptian gods and aiwass. After reading it all I would post it

btw right now I think the author should make kakine a girl because if he represents isis. then it should be a girl but then again I don't want to see kakine murdering a girl gruelsomely.
Its La persona superiore a Dio/ The Person Higher than God.
Old 2010-05-23, 23:37   Link #3084
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Chapter 20 of Railgun...
Are you sure that? because I don't see the part where she joking that she'd get one or more for herself in that chapter.
Old 2010-05-24, 00:04   Link #3085
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
Are you sure that? because I don't see the part where she joking that she'd get one or more for herself in that chapter.
Its the chapter 24.
Old 2010-05-24, 00:24   Link #3086
Bordix

Quote:

Can I know which chapters could it be? I must have missed that.

Chapter 16 page 07 of Index manga.
Old 2010-05-24, 00:55   Link #3087
tsunade666

what are you asking about to begin with? isn't it about when kuroko want a clone? or meet a clone or rumors about clone?

if it's about kuroko saying she thinks its convenient to have a clone its chapter 20 of railgun.

Chapter 24 of railgun is mikoto vs accel

and chapter 16 of index is when mikoto hit touma with her lightning bolts.

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Its La persona superiore a Dio/ The Person Higher than God.
After reading the wiki of horus. I saw similarities of horus and touma specially this word "A person higher than god".
Old 2010-05-24, 01:31   Link #3088
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Chapter 20 of Railgun...

Grear, the previews conversation was heating up. About the aeons of gods and now back to kuroko stealing some sisters.....
it's not gonna easy, since Sister's Self Defense Protocol will make them go to Full Burst Mode with their Machine Gun except if Kuroko disabled it before Kidnapp the sister. Not to mention LO will detect one sister disconnected from Misaka Network with last message...."S.O.S ...Lily"
Old 2010-05-24, 05:48   Link #3089
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nya~n View Post
because yuri >>>> srsbsns *facepalm* let's get to discussing the aeons.
yuri is dangerous business...

What I want to know is how does the Aeons and Thelema system connects to science? The system of Thelema is more of a code of enthics than an actual religion, basically it's about "doing whatever the heck you believe in and damn what other people think of it". The cloest I've got is this statement... "the existence of true religion presupposes that of some discarnate intelligence, whether we call him God or anything else. And this is exactly what no religion had ever proved scientifically. And this is what The Book of the Law does prove by internal evidence, altogether independent of any statement of mine. This proof is evidently the most important step in science that could possibly be made: for it opens up an entirely new avenue to knowledge. The immense superiority of this particular intelligence, AIWASS, to any other with which mankind has yet been in conscious communication is shown not merely by the character of the book itself, but by the fact of his comprehending perfectly the nature of the proof necessary to demonstrate the fact of his own existence and the conditions of that existence. And, further, having provided the proof required."
Old 2010-05-24, 05:50   Link #3090
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bordix View Post
Chapter 16 page 07 of Index manga.
Thank you for that page...I guessed that I really missed that...
Old 2010-05-24, 07:24   Link #3091
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

What's surprising is that it seems that what Aleister wants to implement, this "doing whatever the heck you believe in and damn what other people think of it", is also called as "Personal Reality" in Academy City.

I wonder what's in Aleister's mind right now? Is he gonna act like Tony Stark pre-Iron Man, sorting out the battlefield by giving them the power no matter the side and watch as the effects of your generosity tear apart each other in the process?
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2010-05-24, 09:54   Link #3092
tsunade666

isn't the system of "personal reality" like or relates the wordl thelema?

Thelema in toaruverse is the power of the divine but it can also mean the "will" of someone to seek help from the divine. It's not like the saints had their own power they borrow it from the divine beings. Like how the magic system works.

And if you compared that system of 'will' with the "personal reality" it's almost the same to me. Though the personal reality is the will of the esper with taking form on the field of AIM ><

now what is AIM?

As for the book of law connecting on to the science.... this one is hard and I can't also find much because of the real world aleister's crowley involve sex magick and stuff of different rituals. But on his book of law that teaches that ""do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law" it's like telling you to do your own will and not the will of subconsciousness. Now in it reflecting also the "personal reality" if you ask me. Though the book of law connects the science and magick in a way that the book of law provides proof of AIWASS existance on the world. More likely the book of law is the core of AIWASS and in toaruverse it's a grimoire with deadly power but as for if it's a magick based or AIM based it's not yet clear. But I think it's more AIM based, due to based on Crowley's teaaching. The magick side always follow the will of heaven while the science side teach your own "personal reality" and if the teaching of the book of law is to follow your OWN WILL >< then isn't that more conerning on the science sides teaching of espers power is the product of it's own will.
Old 2010-05-24, 11:40   Link #3093
Sixth
Hu Tao

Is it science really equal with magic in general?

In magic side, there are so many strong fighter (Saint) and some of them have ridiculously spell under their arsenal...while in science side, Accelerator is the only Esper that actually stand a decent chance to fight those from magic side...Especially knowing that the gap between No.1 Esper and No.2 Esper are ridiculously wide.
Old 2010-05-24, 12:20   Link #3094
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Is it science really equal with magic in general?

In magic side, there are so many strong fighter (Saint) and some of them have ridiculously spell under their arsenal...while in science side, Accelerator is the only Esper that actually stand a decent chance to fight those from magic side...Especially knowing that the gap between No.1 Esper and No.2 Esper are ridiculously wide.
Science and Magic are different in paths but similar on their goal, explain the thing that a normal human can't explain.

About the second, Academy City relies on her high technology, for example the satellite Hikoboshi II actuallys is a laser canon.
Old 2010-05-24, 12:41   Link #3095
tsunade666

I think theirs an argument before about is the science side and magic side equal in power.

They are literally in balance. The science side or rather Aleister didn't care about the espers to begin with. He only cares for Accelerator and Touma. Those two are the only one getting attention and the others are their so the academy city functions as an academy city. But the begin with the academy city is the preparetion of Aleister for wiping out magic in the face of the planet.

The Science side had strong fighters and magicians but they are all human and can be tired and also they had CASTING TIME!!! the delay of casting strong spells is their downfall.
By the time they are casting the academy city would had send their drones and their jetfigthers to obliterate the opponents. And if it's just saint then their is satelitte weapon and huge mechanoids though the mech would end up sraps in front of the saints they could by enough time for long range bombardments of the assault carriers and flight bombers.

EDIT:

If your trying to make a fight between espers and the magicians then the result is clear as day who will win. But the battle is magic side versus science side.
Old 2010-05-25, 03:49   Link #3096
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

*shmaster reads the discussion above

*shmaster stares at his own avatar

*shmaster let out a dry laugh

Errrr..... maybe I should recommend you all to play Dies Irae?
Old 2010-05-25, 06:27   Link #3097
giorno

>___< if there was an english patch, i would >____<

have to get better with japanese so i can play it(and 11eyes, and 3days, and a lot of other visual novels >___<)

BTW: who's the guy in your avatar?
Old 2010-05-25, 08:07   Link #3098
tsunade666

off topic what's Dies Irae? and is it good for you to recommend? If their is no english patch it's the same as dead. >< I would probably just stare at it.

Well back to the topic why Dies Irae?

EDIT:

Wiki says :

"Dies Irae (Day of Wrath) is a famous thirteenth century Latin hymn thought to be written by Thomas of Celano. It is a medieval Latin poem characterized by its accentual stress and its rhymed lines. The metre is trochaic. The poem describes the day of judgment, the last trumpet summoning souls before the throne of God, where the saved will be delivered and the unsaved cast into eternal flames."
Old 2010-05-25, 11:04   Link #3099
giorno

http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dies_ir...h_Zarathustra-
here you go

it's an eroge visual novel, i've seen some CGs and the OP and it's cool as hell...
Old 2010-05-25, 14:00   Link #3100
Miraluka
Banned

Yeah I also want the patch, a friend of me showed me this EG a time ago but so far I can't understand 90% of text @_@;;;;... many scenes reminds me of Hellsing.

Guys we are going off topic....again .
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen