AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-03-23, 17:12   Link #41
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Lol, you made me realise that "Piece" can be "Epic" minus an E
Old 2010-03-23, 17:27   Link #42
John D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese4u View Post
I know, I was just telling him that. Geez is anyone reading my comments before responding.
I know what you meant, I just found your exemple flawed and felt the need to point it out - sorry for beeing picky.
Old 2010-03-23, 17:40   Link #43
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Shanks Yes !!!!
Hopes he Beats Blackbeard's Asss
Old 2010-03-23, 18:08   Link #44
ashesatdusk

Send a message via AIM to ashesatdusk
this series is turning me into a blatantly inobjective fanboy. Why does it only keep getting better.
ODA is my god.
Old 2010-03-23, 18:22   Link #45
PrototypeX2

I wonder if this means that Shanks forced Kaidou to retreat or agreed with him.Finally I can only hope that Shanks will create a huge wave of spirit in air that will even overpower admirals around.He is likely the strongest haki user in series so far
Old 2010-03-23, 18:34   Link #46
cheese4u
da big boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by John D. View Post
I know what you meant, I just found your exemple flawed and felt the need to point it out - sorry for beeing picky.
Oh, now I see what you mean...guess I didn't thoroughly read your post. What a cruel irony.
Ya know, when a man works hard his entire life enduring hundreds of ladies, many of whom he does not even remember you'd like to think that at the end of the day he will be given a lot of money, without having had to earn it. -Leon Phelps
Old 2010-03-23, 18:41   Link #47
Rainbowman

My review:
Shanks comes along to end the war. I hope the Marines back down on the situation.
Old 2010-03-23, 18:49   Link #48
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
Whatever became of Mr. 3 in all this commotion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
My review:
Shanks comes along to end the war. I hope the Marines back down on the situation.
Oda said himself that Nami, Ben Beckmann, and Captain Kuro were among the most intelligent characters introduced during the East Blue story.

It makes me wonder what could be so special about Beckmann's pistol. Aiming a gun at Kizaru is a little pointless.

It's been funny how the PX series have pretty much vanished for the past few chapters.
Old 2010-03-23, 19:30   Link #49
John D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxxFireArt View Post
It makes me wonder what could be so special about Beckmann's pistol. Aiming a gun at Kizaru is a little pointless.
There were Haki-infused arrows back at Amazon Lily, and we've seen others imbue weapons. Maybe Haki-infused bullets are next....^ I'm sure sly ol' Ben has some trick up his sleeve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese4u View Post
Oh, now I see what you mean...guess I didn't thoroughly read your post. What a cruel irony.
Old 2010-03-23, 19:41   Link #50
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Shanks for peacekeeping?!

WIN
Old 2010-03-23, 19:56   Link #51
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
It's Shanks.

Anyway, I'm not really expecting him to fight against Blackbeard, myself (a least, not now, anyway). Y'see, I pretty much took his line about "ending the war" to mean that he came to take the remaining Whitebeard pirates and high-tail it out of Marineford (so his crew would keep the admirals busy until then). As Coby said, further conflict would be pointless since the marines already realized their goal.....
No they didn't, the only confirmed death among Whitebeard's leadership is Whitebeard, and Ace, while both are huge losses the Whitebeard Pirates are not defeated.

The marines goal is to end the Golden Age of Piracy, not score some small victory. Oda needs to brush up on his history and compare the way Ulysses S. Grant is treated and how George B. Mcclellan is treated.

Ulysses S. Grant is considered one of the finest generals in the Civil War who knew that to defeat an enemy that you must crush the opposing army.

Mcclellan on the other hand was a coward who frequently believed that the army he was fighting was much larger than it actually was and in the battle of Antiem he had more men in reserve than Lee had in his entre army.

I would consider Akainu Ulysses S. Grant, and Coby to be George Mcclellan. If the marines can't defeat Whitebeard army than they have no chance against the Pirates.
Old 2010-03-23, 20:02   Link #52
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Pirates by their nature are not an organized military force. There are only four major pirates fleets in existence that the Marines even consider a threat. Defeating Whitebeard and his crew proves they can take on the big guys, but what good is it if they end up killing off nearly half their men in the attempt? Coby's suggestion is prudent if somewhat naive. They just dealt a serious blow to an enemy fleet. They need to back off and regroup before their losses pile up.
Old 2010-03-23, 20:09   Link #53
seiji_kun

Shanks appearing and picking up his hat is just to awesome. Can't wait to see him go to Luffy's side and return the hat. Maybe he will speak some words of encouragement that Luffy will vaguely remember when he wakes up. So that Luffy will wonder if he was there and then get the confirmation which will put some heart into him which he will desperately need.

Coby, nice words of reason but people are really not going to listen to a greenhorn. Words without strength behind them to back up are just words. So strive for that strength that you desperately need to so that you can reinforce your opinion on the marines side one day and that that absolute justice crap gets rooted out.

And what is Shanks going to do to end the war, take BB out and make the BB crew retreat? Kind of hope so, get some payback for that scar. Beat his overconfidence with his two fruits and then say mada mada dane :P . And how come Shanks needed to intercept Akainu when the complete WB crew was facing him, so the complete WB crew all of a sudden can't even handel one admiral?? Dissapointing even if Akainu is one hell of a beast...

But what a cliffhanger and wasn't this a double issue? Kind of hope not cause Oda has left me speechless and impatient again for the next chapter while we haven't even got this. (This is how you recognize a true great mangaka) Can't wait to see what Shanks will do.
Old 2010-03-23, 20:15   Link #54
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by seiji_kun View Post
And how come Shanks needed to intercept Akainu when the complete WB crew was facing him, so the complete WB crew all of a sudden can't even handel one admiral?? Dissapointing even if Akainu is one hell of a beast...
I think it's more that Akainu suddenly ditched his battle with Croc and the Whitebeards to strike Coby down, so Shanks had to block.
Old 2010-03-23, 20:16   Link #55
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
Pirates by their nature are not an organized military force. There are only four major pirates fleets in existence that the Marines even consider a threat. Defeating Whitebeard and his crew proves they can take on the big guys, but what good is it if they end up killing off nearly half their men in the attempt? Coby's suggestion is prudent if somewhat naive. They just dealt a serious blow to an enemy fleet. They need to back off and regroup before their losses pile up.
When the speech was made the enemy was attempting to escape with their morale at a low. Losses woiuld have been small as Whitebeard's Pirates where in no condition to continue the fight like they where. It makes no sense not to finish off Whitebeard and send a message to Pirates.

If the Whitebeard escape than they can regroup and rebuild their strength, and could easily defeat the Marines with a new commander. Especially if the join forces with Shank.
Old 2010-03-23, 20:25   Link #56
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
When the speech was made the enemy was attempting to escape with their morale at a low. Losses woiuld have been small as Whitebeard's Pirates where in no condition to continue the fight like they where. It makes no sense not to finish off Whitebeard and send a message to Pirates.

If the Whitebeard escape than they can regroup and rebuild their strength, and could easily defeat the Marines with a new commander. Especially if the join forces with Shank.
The point with the scene where Smoker and Tashigi tend to the wounded is that people, likely a lot of people, are being killed in this battle, not that the Marines have ever been shy about needlessly sacrificing lives for the flimsiest of reasons. The beasts may be holding their own, but all those below are taking the brunt of the damage.

Your point about the pirates regrouping is true, but again, they're pirates. It takes inherently longer for them to regroup because they aren't an organized force. Since this speech Coby made comes before Shanks, they have no reason to assume Shanks would join forces with them. On the other hand, if the military decides to press their luck, kill all the Whitebeard and Blackbeard pirates, and ends up losing a huge chunk of their military fleet (which is being broadcast live), what's to stop another Emperor (they're lucky Shanks isn't here to take advantage or they'd be fucked) from deciding to kick them while they're down? The Marines are playing with fire by screwing with the balance of power like this, and they need to back down before they burn off too much resources trying to take down this one group.
Old 2010-03-23, 21:19   Link #57
Charred Knight

and what message does broadcasting that the Marines are so weak that they can't even destroy one of the Emperor groups send. Let's be blunt if Shanks had allied with Whitebeard than the Marines would be completely wiped out. All the marines have done is broadcast that any Emperor can come in and lay waste to their headquarters.

Cowards like Coby are completely useless against the pirates. It's this weakness that marines like Sengoku and Garp preach that has made the world the hell hole that it is.
Old 2010-03-23, 21:38   Link #58
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
Cowards like Coby are completely useless against the pirates. It's this weakness that marines like Sengoku and Garp preach that has made the world the hell hole that it is.
Hell Hole? If anything the WG supports and furthers the creation of this "hell hole" with their disgusting nobility (the Tenryubito) and the corrupt Kings (Wapol) of their allied world order. True there have been pirates that have been barbaric and disgusting, but few compare to the sheer sleaziness and vileness of the WG order that rape and pillage more of the world than any pirate.

If nothing else, even if you do not agree with his message, Coby is kickass cool for even having the balls to stand up and declare his intentions. He knew that he was going to die, but he still felt that he had to voice his opinion. I have nothing but respecte for the formerly bespectacled dork and hope that Garp comes and claims him before Akainu tries to kill him again...
Old 2010-03-23, 21:52   Link #59
Sakuranbo
So Like A Rose

I think Akainu is officially the asshole of the admirals trio...he'd probably kill a harmless old lady if he suspected her to have any ties to WB or anyone else he hates.
Old 2010-03-23, 21:53   Link #60
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Hell Hole? If anything the WG supports and furthers the creation of this "hell hole" with their disgusting nobility (the Tenryubito) and the corrupt Kings (Wapol) of their allied world order. True there have been pirates that have been barbaric and disgusting, but few compare to the sheer sleaziness and vileness of the WG order that rape and pillage more of the world than any pirate.

If nothing else, even if you do not agree with his message, Coby is kickass cool for even having the balls to stand up and declare his intentions. He knew that he was going to die, but he still felt that he had to voice his opinion. I have nothing but respecte for the formerly bespectacled dork and hope that Garp comes and claims him before Akainu tries to kill him again...
Of course, let's be blunt, the World Goverment is a failed nation much like Somalia. The entire world is in chaos with pirates running rampant, and their is nothing the World Goverment can do to stop them.

The leaders are incompetent hedonist, while the Admirals are powerful they are also completely unfit to lead, the Marines are poorly trained and full of incompetent cowards like Coby. If the World Goverment even had a little competency than they wouldn't have Pirate crews slightly less powerful than them like the Whitebeard Pirates.

Theirs a reason why at the start of the battle large amounts of marines fled the field of battle, and when the war actually got going it devolved into what basically amounted to a bar brawl. A great fighter does not make a great General.
Closed Thread