AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-07-09, 11:44   Link #5881
Freeter
beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
They're really working Yabuki to the bone. First the extra chapter in SQ.19, now this... I hope he won't overwork himself.
Still nowhere near as bad as Oda, and it might just be a few pages instead of the usual length.

Maybe the special will be about Lala upgrading her pleasure phone into an iPad
Old 2013-07-09, 13:57   Link #5882
ImperialFlameGod8190

what about a pleasure phone touch version just touch the phone and it transforms into the toy of your choice
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-09, 14:03   Link #5883
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeter View Post
Still nowhere near as bad as Oda, and it might just be a few pages instead of the usual length.

Maybe the special will be about Lala upgrading her pleasure phone into an iPad
He has to do this chapter + regular chapter (~40 pages) + SQ.19 chapter (~20 pages) all in one month. That's pretty much a weekly schedule. Nowhere near as bad as Oda indeed, but Oda is a superhuman.
Old 2013-07-09, 14:27   Link #5884
zibi88

Quote:
He has to do this chapter + regular chapter (~40 pages) + SQ.19 chapter (~20 pages) all in one month. That's pretty much a weekly schedule. Nowhere near as bad as Oda indeed, but Oda is a superhuman.
I guess yabuki will use a truck of coffe to get past this month XD mostly 2weeks with no sleep at all to finish all this.... I wouldnt be supprised if he took a month break after all this

some have problems to draw 30pages in a month.... but he has like 2x as much to do :P he sure is superhuman.... maybe his daughter will help him out :P
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-09, 14:59   Link #5885
Espadsa

Hello to all! I discovered TLR 2 week ago and between both mangas and episodes it took me this long to get up-to-date.... (and i also read almost every post in this thread.... god you are an hilarious bunch!)
You can now add me to the mass of people obsessed with this awesome work!

Since we have a lot of time to kill till the next chapter i want to share a few things that seems to have been overlooked:

1) I don't remember well the only image shown us of the Deviluke Queen but doesn't she look suspiciously similar (especially the hair) to ADULT NEMESIS?

2) Ren and Run are of the royal family of Memorze.... where the heck are their parents? I doubt they would completely forget the prince/princess of the planet....

For my last point i need to put a premise: i assume that Yabuki/Hasemi won't suffer a lobotomy and monumentally screw their work like so many others mangakas have done in the past.....

3) Are Rito and Nemesis SELECTIVE IDIOTS???

Rito still fawn over Haruna and gives just passing thoughts about the Harem Plan despite the best efforts of Momo, and Nemesis actually decided to mess with Momo and the Harem Plan "claiming" Rito for herself......
Did they actually forget about a certain side character called GID LUCION DEVILUKE???

The very moment Rito leaves Lala they can kiss the Earth and their lives goodbye! The only reason Gid relented the first time was because Lala wanted to have a different start with Rito, but in this case she would be heartbroken, with an heartbroken Momo on top too! (And i can totally see Momo saying something like "Oh daddy, about that girl that is trying to steal Lala's fiancee.... she can change every part of her body any way she want..... thought you might find it interesting...." )
They can say or do whatever they want but in the end RITO WILL MARRY LALA....
And since Lala wants her friends along for the ride, the only possible ending is a True Harem.

The only question still up in the air is who will be a part of it..... (and i seriously hope Nemesis WON'T be part of it..... she is sexy as hell but her entire mindset is opposite of the one required for an harem.... not to mention that the "openly perverted" slots in the harem are well and truly covered by Momo and Mea, she would be redundant)

Jeez, first post here and already a wall of text....
Espadsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-09, 16:54   Link #5886
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Hello and welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espadsa View Post
1) I don't remember well the only image shown us of the Deviluke Queen but doesn't she look suspiciously similar (especially the hair) to ADULT NEMESIS?
We've only seen a silhouette from behind. We can tell she has wavy hair (Nemesis doesn't) and that's about it. If she did look like Nemesis, I think her daughter Momo would have noticed it.

Quote:
3) Are Rito and Nemesis SELECTIVE IDIOTS???

Rito still fawn over Haruna and gives just passing thoughts about the Harem Plan despite the best efforts of Momo, and Nemesis actually decided to mess with Momo and the Harem Plan "claiming" Rito for herself......
Did they actually forget about a certain side character called GID LUCION DEVILUKE???

The very moment Rito leaves Lala they can kiss the Earth and their lives goodbye! The only reason Gid relented the first time was because Lala wanted to have a different start with Rito, but in this case she would be heartbroken, with an heartbroken Momo on top too! (And i can totally see Momo saying something like "Oh daddy, about that girl that is trying to steal Lala's fiancee.... she can change every part of her body any way she want..... thought you might find it interesting...." )
They can say or do whatever they want but in the end RITO WILL MARRY LALA....
And since Lala wants her friends along for the ride, the only possible ending is a True Harem.

The only question still up in the air is who will be a part of it..... (and i seriously hope Nemesis WON'T be part of it..... she is sexy as hell but her entire mindset is opposite of the one required for an harem.... not to mention that the "openly perverted" slots in the harem are well and truly covered by Momo and Mea, she would be redundant)

Jeez, first post here and already a wall of text....
Rito either forgot or he doesn't think Lala will let her father follow through with his threat. As for Nemesis, maybe she doesn't know what a doting father Gid is. I'd like him to come back, he's been kind of forgotten lately.
Old 2013-07-09, 22:12   Link #5887
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Hello and welcome!

Rito either forgot or he doesn't think Lala will let her father follow through with his threat. As for Nemesis, maybe she doesn't know what a doting father Gid is. I'd like him to come back, he's been kind of forgotten lately.
The destruction of earth was an early plot device to force Rito's hand. And the fact is Rito wont leave Lala he doesn't have that type of personality.
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-10, 02:01   Link #5888
Espadsa

Quote:
If she did look like Nemesis, I think her daughter Momo would have noticed it.
hmmm good point.... i probably read too much into the fact that the image was deliberately from behind (like trying to conceal features/skin color)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190
The destruction of earth was an early plot device to force Rito's hand. And the fact is Rito wont leave Lala he doesn't have that type of personality.
That fall under my premise that the writers won't make a mess of the story. True, it was a plot device, but since up till now it's the mayor point of characterization of Gid they can't set it aside..... it's way too huge.

As for Rito, yeah he won't leave Lala, and lately he also started to show a tiny bit of a backbone (IT WAS EFFING TIME! ), but if he doesn't start to reject more forcefully the "you are my pet" idea (and/or Nemesis doesn't cut down on the teasing) Momo might very well go to Gid to eradicate the problem in the bud....
Espadsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-10, 02:49   Link #5889
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
Yabuki-sensei is not some newcomer in the business. His last two "hits" were both serialized in weekly magazine, so I think he'll cope with this just fine.
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-11, 20:00   Link #5890
kagato3

The plot to blow up the earth was a pretty hollow one when it was actually going on and has since become even more of one since all his children have massive amounts of friends on Earth. it was more of a father polishing a shotgun to scare the living hell out of his daughters boyfriend and Lala did not take it well when she found out he was threating to do so and it was resolved way back in ch 48 of TLR .

Also if I remember a large part of the reason Yabuki-sensei went to a monthly format instead of weekly is to take care of his young daughter and given that was over 3 years ago the situation has likely improved as I think she would be school age now.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.

Last edited by kagato3; 2013-07-11 at 20:13.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-23, 07:00   Link #5891
sapper
私はお尻を食べる

Anybody got any updates on anything for this?
Old 2013-07-23, 12:46   Link #5892
Newhope

Quote:
To love-ru trouble averaged 20-25 pages a week, same with black cat, biggest difference is it's two people working rather than 1.
Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-23, 22:07   Link #5893
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope View Post
To love-ru trouble averaged 20-25 pages a week, same with black cat, biggest difference is it's two people working rather than 1.
Yabuki is the only one doing the art
Saki Hasemi only writes the story. So there's really no difference at all.

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-29, 18:22   Link #5894
roadrunner123

No spoilers or infos yet?
roadrunner123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-29, 22:23   Link #5895
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Shouldn't be too long now. I'm somewhat curious what Lala's going to do. This new development is creeping up on the third year anniversary of TLRD, so it might be big.
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-30, 05:58   Link #5896
sapper
私はお尻を食べる

Yea I'm so happy it's a lala chapter we haven't had one in quite some time
Old 2013-07-30, 10:25   Link #5897
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Spoiler for Chapter 34:
Old 2013-07-30, 10:46   Link #5898
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

ahhh, finally
One of the main heroines from vanilla TLR got her own focused chapter

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-30, 10:53   Link #5899
runset

To be exact she ask rito's permission to kiss him. The end note wrote something like
"you cannot pretend to not hear this time".
a reference to the past toloveru where usually the rito cannot hear what the girl wants because something happen to disturb it.
you cannot run this time rito, let me see your manliness now.
runset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-30, 11:39   Link #5900
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
While we're at it, the volume 8 cover

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ecchi, fake harem, harem, manga, nudity, romance, sci-fi, shounen