AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2007-01-27, 13:52   Link #281
Kikaifan
Blazing General

The manga for A's is a prologue and epilogue, not a retelling, but yeah. Basically.

It does retcon some stuff though, like how the Knights were supposedly 'just going easy' on Fate and Nanoha.
Old 2007-01-31, 14:56   Link #282
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

i'm new to this Nanoha series and i just started watching the first season episodes

so far i've managed to watch up to episode 2 for now and i like it so far!!
i like it but at the same time i feel weird watching this show cuz i normally dont watch these kinds of shows dealing with magical girls unless Negima! counts.......and its weird.....
but i'll finish up watching the series i'm hooked on it now!
i like the character designs and the animation...its pretty smooth!
but i've seen already that there is a third season....so i'll try to finish up watching the first season and the second season....to get me in track for the new season coming up since its 10 years into the future with Nanoha and her friends!

Ultima_Rasengan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-31, 15:42   Link #283
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima_Rasengan05 View Post
i'm new to this Nanoha series and i just started watching the first season episodes

so far i've managed to watch up to episode 2 for now and i like it so far!!
i like it but at the same time i feel weird watching this show cuz i normally dont watch these kinds of shows dealing with magical girls unless Negima! counts.......and its weird.....
but i'll finish up watching the series i'm hooked on it now!
i like the character designs and the animation...its pretty smooth!
but i've seen already that there is a third season....so i'll try to finish up watching the first season and the second season....to get me in track for the new season coming up since its 10 years into the future with Nanoha and her friends!

and another one for the bandwagon! yep i agree that the first few eps are kinda shakey (even misleading) but once you get into the story where fate comes...you can speed watch the rest in a day (well i did )

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-31, 15:48   Link #284
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

hahahha yea thanks for the welcome!

yea i'm really enjoying the series so far!
and i've heard about the part when Nanoha encounters Fate...i heard thats when the story really picks up the pace....but i hope i get there by today!
i really like the opening theme for this show also!
and the opening sequence....its so kool!
and Fate is that girl fighting with Nanoha in the opening yea?
just wondering....

probably i might not watch everything in one day....i gots homework to do...
i wish though.....
Ultima_Rasengan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-31, 17:30   Link #285
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Say it while you can .
When you get to that part, you'll no longer can say "I got homework to do" . I've that experience
Duo Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-01, 08:16   Link #286
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

This is actually on topic, so I hope the mods don't kill my post at first glance, but here goes.

WAAAAAAAAY back when s1 was airing I made it a point to watch Card Captor Sakura because I felt that since I liked Nanoha so much, I should give magical girls another chance and I'd heard that was one of the best. Unfortunately I could only get my hands on the movies (IMO the first sucked and the 2nd was absolutely awesome)

Well, I finally got to finish off the series. And really, I don't think MGLN and CCS should be compared. Not that I'm going to say one is better than the other (although I do think one is) it's just that the two series are following different formulae and doing drastically different things.
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-01, 15:18   Link #287
Mueti
あ!

Send a message via ICQ to Mueti
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragnfly@Gamefaqs View Post
And really, I don't think MGLN and CCS should be compared. Not that I'm going to say one is better than the other (although I do think one is) it's just that the two series are following different formulae and doing drastically different things.
It's not like you can't say which one you like better here.
Or do you fear the almighty rage of Nanoha-fans if you state your preference of Sakura?

I'm still watching CCS, so I can't compare them yet. ^^
Old 2007-02-02, 04:55   Link #288
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

CCS, in my opinion, mainly aims for young audience. You can tell from its plot. While MGLN for older ones. It has deeper plot, with better character developement, and moe-ness .
Old 2007-02-02, 05:06   Link #289
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
CCS, in my opinion, mainly aims for young audience. You can tell from its plot. While MGLN for older ones. It has deeper plot, with better character developement, and moe-ness .
I disagree about that. CCS had a much longer run, so their plot had more time to develop. If you compare the first episode to the last episode, it is quite a world of difference in terms of character development.

I won't set in stone on which is better, because both took a different route to achieve their aims. CCS was a milestone in Mahou Shoujo, and for good reason.

Cheers.
Old 2007-02-02, 21:20   Link #290
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Urgh....I guess it's because of my taste.....
Will try to rewatch CCS, since the last time I watch that one is long time ago ^^"....
Old 2007-02-15, 02:36   Link #291
Kalshion
Insane Story Writer Nut

Yea know; here's a more technical question.

What is the dimensional space that the TSAB like? The reason I ask is because of a story I'm writing where I'm trying to describe it in the beginning of the story, but I can't describe what I don't know....

I mean does each world (Like Nanoha's world) symbolize a gateway? (A ball of light?) or what? O_o
Kalshion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-15, 02:57   Link #292
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

I think it's best to describe it as it looks like in the show: A confusing space.

I'm under the impression that the interdimensional space is the space between the various worlds. If you've seen Star Trek or Babylon Five, think of it like Hyperspace or Subspace.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-15, 03:02   Link #293
Kikaifan
Blazing General

The way they talk about 'adjacent dimensions' I get the feeling that there are actually multiple parallel spatial dimensions they travel between.
Old 2007-02-15, 03:04   Link #294
Kalshion
Insane Story Writer Nut

That still doesn't make it easy to describe

Ah well, guess I'll do my best. Thanks LG
Kalshion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-22, 12:44   Link #295
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

It doesn't appear to be a "multi-verse" (where we'd find uncountable varieties of Nanoha or no-Nanoha). It just appears to be a "hyperspacey" way of getting from Plain Old Point A to Plain Old Point B. There do seem to be pocket universes (or mini-universes) that can be reached via it though --- probably best not to peer too closely or what you'll really see is a pack of writers who failed or never took physics
Old 2007-02-22, 14:53   Link #296
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
^ meh that doesnt really catch my attention...well with me drooling over at the sight of fate i dont have the sense of awareness to notice dodgy physics (nor do i care) ~ it happens with a lot of series space related so i guess im immune to it XD

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-22, 23:46   Link #297
sezen_atacan

A Question: what is the name of the bonus episode(s) of nanoha and triangle hearts do you find spoofs/spinoffs or stuff like that. So far I have watched Triangle Hearts Sound Stage. But maybe I am still missing other nanoha stuff?? Can I at least have the names of bonus episodes?
sezen_atacan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-23, 00:12   Link #298
Kikaifan
Blazing General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
It doesn't appear to be a "multi-verse" (where we'd find uncountable varieties of Nanoha or no-Nanoha). It just appears to be a "hyperspacey" way of getting from Plain Old Point A to Plain Old Point B. There do seem to be pocket universes (or mini-universes) that can be reached via it though --- probably best not to peer too closely or what you'll really see is a pack of writers who failed or never took physics
Good thing hybridizing magic and science apparently produces automatic suspension of disbelief in me. Normally that sort of stuff makes me throw a fit.

Of course, they still have internal consistency to worry about.
Old 2007-02-24, 07:13   Link #299
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sezen_atacan View Post
A Question: what is the name of the bonus episode(s) of nanoha and triangle hearts do you find spoofs/spinoffs or stuff like that. So far I have watched Triangle Hearts Sound Stage. But maybe I am still missing other nanoha stuff?? Can I at least have the names of bonus episodes?
There are no "bonus episodes". Each of the two seasons out so far run 13 episodes.
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-02, 21:10   Link #300
Aya Reiko
Cutengu

Latest rumor: Nanoha may be licensed.

According to Network Solutions, nanohadvd.com (along with higurashidvd.com) has been registered to Geneon.
Aya Reiko is offline   Reply With Quote