AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

View Poll Results: Shakugan no Shana II - Episode 4 Rating
Perfect 10 9 8.41%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 18.69%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 34 31.78%
7 out of 10 : Good 24 22.43%
6 out of 10 : Average 9 8.41%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 8 7.48%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.93%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 1.87%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-10-26, 23:13   Link #21
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Ugh... I can't take reading posts and not posting my opinions, so register I must.

Anyway, this episode seems to serve as the prologue for the next, in the sense that with much character development going on, it seems as if something important and significant (that something being Bel-Peol and her "plan") will happen in the next. And to make sure that significant thing is of upmost significance, Shana and Kazumi have to be affected, although not directly.

Something seems to be missing in this episode for me, so I'll give this episode a 7 out of 10.
Old 2007-10-27, 08:55   Link #22
newby

Send a message via MSN to newby
i just dont like the fact that shana is sad lol
Old 2007-10-27, 09:51   Link #23
rozenfreak123
Kanna-chan/Rin-chan Lover

What a great episode! Not only was Konoe's timid and confused state of mind was adorable but the way she's with Yuji was precious. Also how Shana's and Kazumi's jealousy towards Konoe showing feelings towards Yuji so easily has made them jealous and envious. I mean at the end it seems they both were utterly defeated and have no chance for Yuji now. Can't wait to see the next episode to see if there is a twist such as Konoe really is Hecate or rather Bal Masque finally makes their move or seeing the insanely hilarous Professor again.
Old 2007-10-27, 16:00   Link #24
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
When Shana is sad the world is sad
Truer words have not been spoken.

Never did enjoy episodes that leave me as frustrated as Shana is right now. These things always put her at a disadvantage with her difficulties expressing what's bothering her. Can only revert to her usual behavior in situations like this. Get angry at herself, her emotions, Yuji, and Konoe. Withdrawing herself away and turning inward. Seems like she might need to get stabbed through the gut again just for Yuji to clue in.

Amazing really how a guy who can be very sharp in one instance can be utterly clueness the next. He might not even know somethings bothering Yoshida. At least with Shana it's pretty clear she's upset even if he has no idea whatsoever what might be the cause.

If Konoe is a plot by Bal Masques to create a rift between Yuji and Shana it's working pretty well. Yoshida and Shana are on the edge and we'll see how they move from here. Seriously need Konoe to be an emeny or trap of some kind since that makes it a whole lot easier to deal with.

I've never seen such a clueless person in my life. Konoe really seems the type to see a bird flying and walk off a cliff after it.
Old 2007-10-27, 16:05   Link #25
Pinion

8 points from me. Konoe makes Shana confused and sad Anyway the reason for not getting 9 or more is because of the weak ending.

I'm wondering - is there any room for Konoe?
I mean Shana has bleeded and sacrificed herself for Yuji and Kazumi making lunch for him everyday + the fact Yuji knows Kazumi loves him, it just can't be fair with Konoe ending up with Yuji. Even though I feel it won't happen.
If she can't end up with Yuji, then she must exit the show at some point. There is no room for this square/'triangle' through the entire season imo. What is left for Konoe?
If she is Hecate and the feelings towards Yuji are real(whether its love or not), when she reveals herself, then this could be interesting. Or she could leave the city by a random reason. And the last option could be death. Sacrificing herself or collateral damage.
I hope for option 1, but expect option 3.

Last edited by Pinion; 2007-10-27 at 16:25. Reason: more thoughts
Old 2007-10-27, 16:31   Link #26
Major1138

There's got to be something more to Konoe than what we've seen. Her resemblance to Hecate and her attachment to Yuji are far, far too much to be a coincidence - something that Yuji himself has pointed it out again, to his credit (he still seems a bit clueless as to why Shana would be upset though).

If it is a plot by the Bal Masque, my first guess would be that it's an attempt to drive a wedge between Shana and Yuji (which seems to be working well). My second guess would be that it's not actually a full-on plan, but some sort of unanticipated side-effect from Yuji's previous encounter with Hecate. Either way, full credit to the show for not rushing to resolve it right way. Hopefully the payoff will be worth it.

One thing - has the show actually explained what the Keeper actually is? As far as I remember, no one's come out and said what it actually does. It seems to be some sort of "anti-theft" property, but is that all there is to it?
Old 2007-10-27, 16:47   Link #27
Westlo
Lets be reality

Gets an 8 from me, the epic supersize meal contest was fun, Shana with ponytail = <3, more Hecate is always good.
Old 2007-10-27, 18:35   Link #28
himemiya613

yuji is really slow in the head...
Old 2007-10-27, 18:49   Link #29
Rhyel
*Graphic Designer

Boring episode, nothing happens, just more "no brain" Hecate. 5/10
Old 2007-10-27, 18:51   Link #30
alvinkhorfire

The reason Sato staged an eating challange with Yuji was because while Yuji is training with Shana, he did nothing. I hope that at least that Marjorie can teach some fighting skills to Tanaka and Sato even though their ability is limited since they are just humans. Even the ability of Yuji greatly exceed them, at least for now, Sato and Yuji have same stomach capacity.

It is cute to see Shana enjoying eating ice cream. Hope that she don't gain too much weight from overeating.

Then again, I can't stand seeing Shana being sad. Buck up, Yuji. Stop making Shana sad.
Old 2007-10-27, 19:07   Link #31
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
It's true. When Shana's sad, the world is sad. SnS II could turn out to be a very depressing anime, since Shana is on the road to pain and heartbreak. All we can hope for is that the ending is a really happy one.
Old 2007-10-27, 21:05   Link #32
4as
ForUs

Send a message via MSN to 4as
Now I pretty much hate Hecate. She so deserve her name.
All that relatonship build over the first season now going straight downhill.
...and to think this season started so well ~~
Old 2007-10-27, 21:09   Link #33
S_K
Let's begin!

Send a message via MSN to S_K
IM still puzzled on the fact that the creators of this series added Konoe
Im wondering if they just added her because shes going to play an important role in the future or if they just added it to Sakai's lets say harem
nonetheless, it was entertaining to see Yoshida and Shana jealous
Old 2007-10-27, 21:21   Link #34
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Gotta love Shana with her icecream. Taking a couple of those jumbo supplies of it without breaking a sweat. No way was she going to share it with the others.

Hopefully they can resolve things with this Konoe. Lot easier to fight with the enemies than dealing with the emotional issues.
Old 2007-10-27, 21:29   Link #35
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quite disappointed with the episode, way too much focus on Konoe which I felt it was unnecessary and well I don't really like how they keep focusing on their relationship issue rather Bal Masque.
Old 2007-10-27, 21:32   Link #36
Midonin
Last Engage

Something's ticking in the background, and I hope to find out what soon. Though if Hecate was blending into the human world, I think she wouldn't be so...naive about it. Innocence is cute and all, but she has the mind of a child. At least the basic set of survival skills should be there. Unless she's doing this to get Yuji, and I won't discount that. Crazy as it is.
Old 2007-10-27, 22:12   Link #37
Eternal Haruhist

Send a message via MSN to Eternal Haruhist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinion View Post
I'm wondering - is there any room for Konoe?
I mean Shana has bleeded and sacrificed herself for Yuji and Kazumi making lunch for him everyday + the fact Yuji knows Kazumi loves him, it just can't be fair with Konoe ending up with Yuji. Even though I feel it won't happen.
If she can't end up with Yuji, then she must exit the show at some point. There is no room for this square/'triangle' through the entire season imo. What is left for Konoe?
If she is Hecate and the feelings towards Yuji are real(whether its love or not), when she reveals herself, then this could be interesting. Or she could leave the city by a random reason. And the last option could be death. Sacrificing herself or collateral damage.
I hope for option 1, but expect option 3.
I truly think that the worst alternative is for SnSII to turn into a harem type anime, the fact that post like "is there any room for Konoe" exist only prove that that are too many harem elements in the show and it's gonna make the main theme (i truly expect this coming soon!) a bit less significant.
If Fumina is only there as a harem element, it's really useless and a mistake made by the production staff i think.
Old 2007-10-27, 22:49   Link #38
Setonai

This episode is crap.. like the last 3 eps..
Old 2007-10-27, 23:43   Link #39
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperlion View Post
Quite disappointed with the episode, way too much focus on Konoe which I felt it was unnecessary and well I don't really like how they keep focusing on their relationship issue rather Bal Masque.
On the contrary, the relationship issues play an integral part to the show, this show is more about how the main character's relationships develop when faced with challenges like Bal Masque and the likes. If you just want to see plain fighting and evil super villains then I suggest you go watch more shounen orientated shows like Naruto, cause you can't have Shana without the relationship issues, it's what makes Shana enjoyable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4as View Post
Now I pretty much hate Hecate. She so deserve her name.
All that relatonship build over the first season now going straight downhill.
...and to think this season started so well ~~
The name Hecate derives from the goddess of wilderness and child birth.. I really don't see how she so deserves her name, are you implying that Hecate sounds a bit like hate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setonai View Post
Don't say things like that without giving justification, otherwise you may put people, who haven't watched shana off based on your comments.

As for me I really enjoyed this ep, the reactions made my Shana and Yoshida's gradual jealousy was perfectly done.

I also have to praise whoever's directing this for some very effective camera shots, especially the ones with both Yuji's and Shana's feet walking in opposite directions. Really shows the growing distance between the two due to Konoe. I also liked the scene where Shana turns around only to see no one there.. Really these scenes are simple yet effective and emotionally stimulating.. I very much prefer those simple scenes then say the extremely, over the top artistic approach to Ef.

I also enjoy how they displayed Yuji's progress, unlike shounen shows, he doesn't become super powered over the course of several ep. On the contrary, although Alastor said he had power of existence equal to that of a King of Guze, his inexperience still means he's no match for shana. Truly it takes time to become powerful and Shakugan no Shana displays his progress, slowly yet excellently through the course of the first season and continuing into the second.

I am also a sucker for shows where the lessons and themes are integrated smoothly into the anime rather then some shows where a character describes the entire background, context and theme, making it feel unnatural. Here Ike's brief scene where he encouraged Yoshida to go after them, was quite deep. It shows that Ike although having feelings for Yoshida, is still conscious of her feelings towards Yuji as well as the fact that he knows Yuji is still his friend. It's those brief scenes with alot of meaning hidden in them that attracts me. Makes me feel that each second is a worthwhile watch.

Really enjoyed the scene with Yuji and Konoe, the bird landing on Yuji's shoulders show both a connection being established between Konoe and Yuji as well as emphasising the growing distance that's appearing between him and the other girls.

The ending scene was also good, meaning can be conveyed without saying a word and I think Shana and Yoshida are connecting more and more as Konoe cuts in on their private time with Yuji.

Last edited by holyman282; 2007-10-27 at 23:58.
Old 2007-10-28, 00:16   Link #40
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setonai View Post
Well, there is more "crap" coming in the future. Better brace yourself, if you don't enjoy it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyman282 View Post
Spoiler for a lot of words:
*clap* *clap*

Well said.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Closed Thread