AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series

Notices

Old 2008-12-09, 12:01   Link #2841
SidVicious
Anime addict

Event-Only Urusei Yatsura Anime to Debut This Month

2009's combined issue #2/3 of Shogakukan's Weekly Shonen Sunday magazine has confirmed on Wednesday that the long-delayed new Urusei Yatsura anime special will premiere at the "It's a Rumic World" exhibition on December 23 in Sendai, Japan. This will be the first anime spinoff from Rumiko Takahashi's 1978-1987 slapstick comedy manga in 17 years, and it will be exclusively shown at this traveling display of Takahashi's artwork. The exhibition began this past summer in Tokyo with brand-new Inuyasha and Ranma ½ anime specials, but the Urusei Yatsura special was not finished in time.

Voice actress Fumi Hirano reprises her role as Lum, an alien princess who came to invade Earth, but ends up "marrying" a lecherous Japanese boy in a comedy of errors. Hirano played the same role in 195 television episodes, one television special, six theatrical films, and 11 animated videos from 1981 to 1991. Hirano and Toshio Furukawa (Lum's accidental mate Ataru) also voiced their roles in a separate opening animation clip for the ongoing exhibition; that crossover clip included the main characters from Urusei Yatsura, Ranma ½, and Inuyasha.

Source: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...but-this-month
SidVicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-09, 13:02   Link #2842
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Wait....Lum is coming back?
Old 2008-12-09, 13:05   Link #2843
SidVicious
Anime addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Wait....Lum is coming back?
Yeah, she's back!
SidVicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-09, 15:29   Link #2844
ChibiGoku
FightingMagic Founder

Although it wasn't announced on the official site as of yet (or Japanese end for that matter), Thomas Romain said that Basquash! is scheduled to air on April 2009 and will be aired in a late night timeslot. The original information can be read over at CATSUKA, although it's in french. It'll be 26 episodes as well. Apparently it'll also have two different manga series launched as well.
ChibiGoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-09, 15:58   Link #2845
NeoSam

The anime adaptation of Miwa Shirow’s DOGS/BULLETS&CARNAGE manga will be an OVA adaptation. It will be getting 2 OVA episodes. The first OVA episode will be released on May 19th, 2009, and the second OVA episode will be released on July 17th, 2009.

From AnimeNation Blog:

Quote:
DOGS OVA Series Announced
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Japanese retailer Rakuten has announced the release of a two volume DOGS anime OVA series. The first 30 minute long episode will adapt the “Weepy old killer” and “Gun Smoker” chapters of Shirow Miwa’s gritty action manga. The first OVA will be released on May 19, 2009, packaged with limited edition copies of the DOGS/Bullets & Carnage volume 4 manga. The second OVA will be released on July 17, 2009, packaged with limited edition copies of the expanded re-release of the 2001 DOGS Stray dog howling in the dark manga.

Source: Moon Phase
Trailers:
From AnimeNation Blog:

Quote:
Basquash Anime Trailer Released
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The official site for Satelight’s upcoming Basquash project has revised and now features a 1:40 trailer revealing the TV production to be a combination of 3D CG and traditional 2D anime. The series is scheduled to debut next year.

Quote:
Second Votoms Movie Trailer Released
The official Japanese web page for next month’s Armored Trooper Votoms: Pailsen Files motion picture has added a new 94 second long trailer. The new trailer is available in small and large resolutions. The movie, scheduled to premiere on January 17th, is a condensed version of the Pailsen Files video series released earlier this year.

Last edited by NeoSam; 2008-12-09 at 16:09.
NeoSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-09, 18:33   Link #2846
Siegel Clyne

Tanaka Rie as a Knife Wielding, Time Warping Maid

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbert View Post
I wonder if this can get a thread if it's confirmed? Douji anime it may be and it may not be a sony, but it's a TOUHOU.

A promo.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCm9C1-X0Gs
In the December 8, 2008 entry on the NEWS / INFO section of her official blog, Tanaka Rie confirms that she plays Izayoi Sakuya in the new Touhou Anime Project: Musou Kakyou.

Another head maid role for Tanaka Rie... a head maid who throws knives and who can stop time... like a Dio Brando with pads...
Siegel Clyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-09, 19:16   Link #2847
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

There are no pads.....

Rie in that roll...I might like this show.
Old 2008-12-10, 13:01   Link #2848
NeoSam

The official site for Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom~ TV anime series has opened:
http://www.phantom-r.jp/
Old 2008-12-10, 13:09   Link #2849
NeoSam

A flash anime titled Sakuran BOY DT (さくらんBOY DT) has been announced:
http://www.sakuranbo.co.jp/sdt/

The anime will be 11 episodes long, and will start broadcast on January 15th, 2009.
Old 2008-12-11, 03:06   Link #2850
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siegel Clyne View Post
In the December 8, 2008 entry on the NEWS / INFO section of her official blog, Tanaka Rie confirms that she plays Izayoi Sakuya in the new Touhou Anime Project: Musou Kakyou.

Another head maid role for Tanaka Rie... a head maid who throws knives and who can stop time... like a Dio Brando with pads...
I gave up this show despite of Touhou being my favs after watching the promo.

MY REIMU TURNS INTO A FREAK oy-z

I wish a proper animation studio could take this title and turn it into an anime...but you know...ZUN ain't gonna let that happen so easily
margafred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-11, 13:23   Link #2851
NeoSam

An official site for the Shangri-La TV anime series has opened:
http://www.anime-shangri-la.jp/

NHK has opened a site for the Kemono no Souja Erin TV anime series:
http://www3.nhk.or.jp/anime/erin/

Last edited by NeoSam; 2008-12-11 at 13:41.
NeoSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-12, 00:47   Link #2852
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
If only Phantom is done by MadHouse instead of BeeTrain. It's supposedly a game with a very good plot. I hope the anime will do it some justice. And it's pretty much it's going with Elen's route.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-12, 06:28   Link #2853
Lyrical Flandre
Sorry for my poor English

I am afraid Musou Kakyou might disappoint fans of Toho.
This would be "the second shock" following Hoshi no Kioku.
In fact, both of them are Doujin works and aren't spent much money on.
Lyrical Flandre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-12, 13:49   Link #2854
NeoSam

The shounen(boy's) light novel series Bungaku Shoujo by Nomura Mizuki (author) and Takeoka Miho (illustrator) got 2 manga adaptations:
http://lightnovel.org/2008/05/07/bun...nga-adaptation
http://lightnovel.org/2008/10/11/bun...nga-adaptation

And now it even got an official site:
http://www.bungakushoujo.jp/

The light novel series is published under Enterbrain's shounen(boy's) light novel label Famitsu Bunko.

This really feels like it will be getting an anime adaptation I was wondering about an anime adaptation here (when it got a second manga adaptation), but now, there's even an official site its almost as saying "an anime adaptation will be announced".

I wonder if an anime adaptation of it will be announced on Comiket 75.

If it doesn't get animated, I know just one person here (ganbaru) that will be dissapointed about my false prediction. oh well
Old 2008-12-12, 14:01   Link #2855
NeoSam

Nippon Animation has opened an official site for the Konnichiwa Anne TV anime series:
http://www.nippon-animation.co.jp/before_GG/

The anime will start broadcast on April 5th, 2009.
Old 2008-12-12, 14:07   Link #2856
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSam View Post
If it doesn't get animated, I know just one person here (ganbaru) that will be dissapointed about my false prediction. oh well
You seem to know me well...

But I must not be the only on this forum than had read the novels.
Edit is it my internet connection or the site www.bungakushoujo.jp have a problem? I have only the ''now loading'' page

Last edited by ganbaru; 2008-12-12 at 14:20.
ganbaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-12, 14:25   Link #2857
NeoSam

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
You seem to know me well...
Nah, it was obvious from your signature.

I don't like making predictions, but lets wait to see if it really happens

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
Edit is it my internet connection or the site www.bungakushoujo.jp have a problem? I have only the ''now loading'' page
Its working fine for me...
Old 2008-12-13, 12:21   Link #2858
NeoSam

Hopefully this post that contains upcoming TV anime series is helpful to some.

I'm also thinking about the creation of another post that will contain trailers of upcoming anime series. why go to many threads to check out if a new trailer of the upcoming anime series has been posted... or if you want to check out the same trailer, why go through the trouble to look where the link to that trailer was posted on. One post containing the links to trailers of upcoming anime should make it easier for everyone. A "Trailers of Upcoming Anime" post the post will be updated constantly just like the "upcoming anime list" post.

Anyway, I'll have to ask an admin about this
Old 2008-12-14, 05:20   Link #2859
NeoSam

Ok, thanks to NoSanninWa the "Trailers of Upcoming Anime" post has been added the post is under the "upcoming anime list" post.

The post is empty for now, but from now on any new trailer will be added to that post.

Edit:
Ahh, of course new trailers will be posted about here too...
Old 2008-12-14, 20:42   Link #2860
Siegel Clyne

Touhou TV Anime Series?

Quote:
Originally Posted by margafred View Post
I gave up this show despite of Touhou being my favs after watching the promo.

MY REIMU TURNS INTO A FREAK oy-z

I wish a proper animation studio could take this title and turn it into an anime...but you know...ZUN ain't gonna let that happen so easily
There are rumors of a Touhou TV anime series in 2010 authorized by ZUN, scheduled for 24-26 episodes (2 cours), animated by JC STAFF, etc.

It could be fake information. For now, take it with a grain of salt.

If true, however, then it does seem to make sense for Tanaka Rie to announce on her blog her role as Izayoi Sakuya in a doujin anime.
Siegel Clyne is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
announcements, new anime, trailers