AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2014-03-26, 16:22   Link #11401
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetsu Aero View Post
You miss the point, no one would enforce it, it would be completely voluntarily.

@monster , there's no promotional video in the special edition
Oh, I didn't realize you're watching the special edition. I'll have to rewatch that to see how the presentation differs.

Regardless, having a voluntary system wouldn't work because, in practice, it would be no different than being without the system.

The only way such a system would work is within a community that has formed a consensus whereby your genes, not your voluntary will, would determine your career in life. So it must be regulated by the community/society/government. If anyone can choose not to go along with the plan, than the whole system falls apart.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-26, 16:26   Link #11402
Tetsu Aero

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post

Regardless, having a voluntary system wouldn't work because, in practice, it would be no different than being without the system.
Precisly, that's why i was very confused when the heroes said it would take away everyone's future and such.
Having it as a system wouldn't work of course.
Tetsu Aero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-26, 16:29   Link #11403
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetsu Aero View Post
Precisly, that's why i was very confused when the heroes said it would take away everyone's future and such.
But that's not how it's offered. If people are still free, then conflict will still arise as people's choices disagree with each other.

Remember, the Destiny Plan is supposed to be a way to end the conflicts.

Oh, I also added to my post above, in case you didn't see it.
Quote:
Having it as a system wouldn't work of course.
Which is why there has to be enforcement.
Old 2014-03-26, 17:16   Link #11404
Tetsu Aero

Ah yes i see where you are getting now, i didn't realize it would be a whole new governmental system in each country.

I was thinking it would be like free swineflu vaccine shots, you either take it or you don't, no repurcussions.
Old 2014-03-26, 17:19   Link #11405
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Lol, no. I'm not really sure how you could come to a conclusion, given Durandal's actions. He wanted to wipe out ORB for opposing his grand plan. Honestly, the man was a lunatic of the same caliber as Zala and Le Creuset. And if he wasn't planning on enforcing it then the finale would've become a huge plothole.
Old 2014-03-26, 17:53   Link #11406
Tetsu Aero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Lol, no. I'm not really sure how you could come to a conclusion, given Durandal's actions. He wanted to wipe out ORB for opposing his grand plan. Honestly, the man was a lunatic of the same caliber as Zala and Le Creuset. And if he wasn't planning on enforcing it then the finale would've become a huge plothole.
You will have to read my posts again before commenting further.
Old 2014-03-26, 20:05   Link #11407
Washu-Chan
Powered by AMD Athrun 64

The Destiny Plan in a nutshell:

Old 2014-04-01, 17:43   Link #11408
weirdguy

You know, now that I think about it, the Destiny Plan somewhat connects to Rau, well more of what he said in SEED. "To be the strongest, to go the farthest, to climb the highest! To compete, to envy, to hate each other, and to devour one another!" What I saw with the "destiny" part of the plan, having people assigned jobs of what their genes says they are most suited for, and that people doesn't have much of a freedom, they wouldn't be competing one another, trying to surpass one another, and hate won't arise. This way, people won't be fighting one another.
weirdguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-01, 18:09   Link #11409
kuroihikari2

Quote:
Originally Posted by weirdguy View Post
You know, now that I think about it, the Destiny Plan somewhat connects to Rau, well more of what he said in SEED. "To be the strongest, to go the farthest, to climb the highest! To compete, to envy, to hate each other, and to devour one another!" What I saw with the "destiny" part of the plan, having people assigned jobs of what their genes says they are most suited for, and that people doesn't have much of a freedom, they wouldn't be competing one another, trying to surpass one another, and hate won't arise. This way, people won't be fighting one another.
Nah, not really. Examples:
1. I get assigned a job I absolutely do not enjoy , while my jerk of a neighbor gets his dream job. He goes ahead and flaunts it.
2. My neighbor gets a job which pays more because there's more demand for it, or gives him perks like fame or travel. I don't, and I really really want those things he has.
3. I want to do something and the destiny plan says I have to do something else.

The only way the destiny plan would work is through suppression of free will, or universal acceptance of a hive mentality.
kuroihikari2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-02, 07:20   Link #11410
weirdguy

That's what I said about the suppression of free will. Your genes will be telling you the areas you excell(I'm sure spelling is off) at. Durandal probably saw that if people are doing what they are best at, people wouldn't fight. He's obv. Suppressing them/ dictating them too.
Old 2014-04-25, 12:11   Link #11411
IceHism

Is today the release of the final blu ray boxset
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-25, 22:49   Link #11412
Skye629

Yup its out
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-26, 04:45   Link #11413
Aquaman OS

Are there any improvements to the mecha animations. I know Seed remaster had even more improvements on the blu rays.

I'm not expecting much but you never know.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-28, 18:43   Link #11414
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Old 2014-04-29, 10:27   Link #11415
weirdguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman OS View Post
Are there any improvements to the mecha animations. I know Seed remaster had even more improvements on the blu rays.

I'm not expecting much but you never know.
The most notable difference for the battles is the final battle as seen from the youtube version.
Old 2014-04-29, 14:31   Link #11416
Aquaman OS

I've seen those. I'm asking if they've made further improved for the Remaster Blu Ray's than they did the remaster youtubes as the Seed Remaster did.

As shown here http://www.gundamkitscollection.com/...l#.U1_9uFc3FuY
Old 2014-04-29, 15:35   Link #11417
weirdguy

Quote:
I've seen those. I'm asking if they've made further improved for the Remaster Blu Ray's than they did the remaster youtubes as the Seed Remaster did.

As shown here http://www.gundamkitscollection.com/...l#.U1_9uFc3FuY
Since it hasn't been released for that long yet, and would take time to ship it here, they probably would have made further improvements considering how there were still mistakes left within what was shown. If they did it for SEED, then I don't see why they wouldn't for SEED Destiny.
Old 2014-05-04, 00:27   Link #11418
Aquaman OS

http://www.reddit.com/r/Gundam/comme...x_set_changes/

Well I guess that answers my question.
Old 2014-05-04, 00:35   Link #11419
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

*sighs*

*facepalms*
Old 2014-05-04, 00:52   Link #11420
monster

Quote:
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gundam/comme...x_set_changes/

Well I guess that answers my question.
Interesting, though not surprising, change for Mu.

Tags
mecha, seed it and weep