AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Rozen Maiden

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-03-18, 20:58   Link #81
nekokaburi

they're just being stinjy... /sulks

EDIT: you'd think as a consolidation prize to pushing the release date back a month, they could at least hand over some details...

Last edited by nekokaburi; 2007-03-19 at 06:59.
Old 2007-03-20, 03:06   Link #82
EmperorBrandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokaburi View Post
they're just being stinjy... /sulks

EDIT: you'd think as a consolidation prize to pushing the release date back a month, they could at least hand over some details...
I agree, it is pretty close to release.

Anyway, I emailed Julie Ann Taylor at her fanmail address and she replied back saying it is Souseiseki who she voices. So I guess we know who's voicing the twins now at least.
Old 2007-03-20, 08:40   Link #83
nekokaburi

well that IS good to know...

now if you wouldn't mind, could you go pester Mia Bradly to find out if she's doing suigintou. after her performance as Maestro Delphine in last exile, they'd be mad not to choose her.(p.s. that's a joke, don't actually go and randomly harass someone...:P)

i swear, i threw on LE the other night, and closed my eyes when delphine was talking... it's an absolute near match... creepy evil giggle and all... maybe needs a little tweaking, but damn it was so close it wasn't funny...
Old 2007-03-25, 05:47   Link #84
QueenNori

Old 2007-04-17, 11:06   Link #85
Vibeke
❤ Fabulous MAX~! ❤
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Vibeke
So, dose anyone actually know how the box for the limited edition will look?

Currently busy studying Japaneese language and culture on Warsaw University//my animelist
Old 2007-04-17, 21:09   Link #86
Somyungi

I do, there is a picture of it but its not colored. This was on geneons site.

Old 2007-04-22, 10:34   Link #87
QueenNori

Old 2007-04-28, 18:00   Link #88
Beansy

QueenNori: rightstuff.com prevents hotlinking so no one else can see the image you linked. Here it is hosted on waffleimages:

Seems pretty tasteful, although it gives off a bit of a weird Disney vibe.

The rightstuff.com website also has Rozen Maiden DVD 2 listed as being on sale July 10, which is sooner than I would've expected.

"Maiden War"
Contains episodes 5-8.

I'd still like to know more about the dub though. At least it doesn't appear to be done by Opex though (which would've eliminated any interest I had in ever purchasing the official DVD, just on principle).

EDIT: Whoa, there's no linking from waffleimages on this board? Why?
Old 2007-05-01, 20:44   Link #89
EmperorBrandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beansy View Post
I'd still like to know more about the dub though. At least it doesn't appear to be done by Opex though (which would've eliminated any interest I had in ever purchasing the official DVD, just on principle).
The dub is being done by Bang Zoom! CrystalAcids now has information up on the dub cast.
Old 2007-05-02, 12:27   Link #90
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
And not to mention a few voice clips are out!
Old 2007-05-02, 22:47   Link #91
Jayjs20

Send a message via AIM to Jayjs20
I'm not too flattered over Shinku's pronunciations of Suigintou's name.
Old 2007-05-03, 00:30   Link #92
QueenNori

And no Desu
Old 2007-05-03, 02:09   Link #93
Hilinar

6778jgtjhg7777787

Last edited by Hilinar; 2010-06-13 at 03:38.
Old 2007-05-03, 07:39   Link #94
nekokaburi

oh come on... seriously... it's not THAT bad...

ok... granted... the english voices sound nothing like the japanese voices i've been listening to over the last year or so... but really... how many english dubs are exactly like the japanese...

i have to say i rather like them... after the initial "that doesn't sound like shinku" shock wore off, and after many repeated listens, it's grown on me... and i'm looking forward to the release later this month all the more...

and as for the pronounciation of suigintou, initially it didn't sound right... but after listening a few more times i think it's pretty spot on... she excentuated the 'i' silible very well... so it's not just 'soo-gin-toe'... it's more 'su-ee-gin-toe'.... which rolls off the tongue alot better and sounds more elegent... i'm pretty sure that's the same as the japanese (tho i don't have my copy with me so i can't check, but from memory it's pretty spot on)...

all in all i'm rather pleased with the dub... it's not the same as the japanese... it's different... but it's a good kind of different...

p.s. didn't i say it... didn't i... i knew they would leave the 'desu's' out... oh well, somethings just weren't meant for the englsih language... that's why we have the japanese audio on the dvd's... ^_^... ~desu

Last edited by nekokaburi; 2007-05-03 at 07:49.
Old 2007-05-03, 08:37   Link #95
Zife19

Send a message via MSN to Zife19
The voices arent that bad when you get used to them. Yeah it didnt sound like shinku, but it could have been way worse.

My only regret about Suseiseki is that she doesnt say 'chibi' because i liked that lol
Old 2007-05-03, 21:32   Link #96
Kaylia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zife19 View Post
The voices arent that bad when you get used to them. Yeah it didnt sound like shinku, but it could have been way worse.

My only regret about Suseiseki is that she doesnt say 'chibi' because i liked that lol
I never understood why dubs were always scared to use japanese word. It's not like anime fan are allergic to japanese, and certain word/speech pattern sound better in the original language. It's kinda weird to say, but fansub imo is best way to watch many animes, they usually stay closer to the original version than commercial sub/dub
Old 2007-05-03, 21:50   Link #97
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylia View Post
It's kinda weird to say, but fansub imo is best way to watch many animes, they usually stay closer to the original version than commercial sub/dub
Of course not every translation job is perfect though the real companies have the advantage of having the actual script right in front of them instead of just listening and figuring out what the hell they're saying.
Old 2007-05-03, 22:15   Link #98
Kaylia

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07 View Post
Of course not every translation job is perfect though the real companies have the advantage of having the actual script right in front of them instead of just listening and figuring out what the hell they're saying.
I'm never expecting a perfect translation from anyone, but many fansub group actually bother explaining the puns that can't be translated, they won't butcher the name and leave certain thing that can't or shouldnt be translated. They will also correct previous mistake, while commercial dubbing usually drag them for the whole series.

I'm not sure in this particular case, I won't buy the dvd until the whole series is released, but in the past, I generally prefered fansub for most anime
Old 2007-05-04, 01:55   Link #99
Hilinar

6778jgtjhg7777787

Last edited by Hilinar; 2010-06-13 at 03:38.
Old 2007-05-04, 06:41   Link #100
ImperialPanda

Never liked dubs because English speech and Japanese speech have various subtle but important differences. Translated scripts almost always just don't sound natural. RM not an exception.

As for leaving JP words, what's the point of translating if you're only gonna translate half of it? =P People who watch w/ the dub usually want exactly that, a dub. If you wanted to hear JP just listen to the JP track.

If translators try to work word-for-word, there are often things that "can't" be translated. But if they are a little more creative and look outside the current sentence they're working on, they can usually make translations where most of the meaning gets through. Difficult with anime though because of lip-synch needs.

Anyways, I'm gonna pretend I never heard those dubs... >.>;; Except chibi-ichigo. Chibi-ichigo wasn't too bad.

P.S. I see they still have that crazy description about the DVD.

Last edited by ImperialPanda; 2007-05-04 at 06:53.
Closed Thread