AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2017-03-25, 04:57   Link #1
kuromitsu

"SEX" PV - Kamijou Atsushi x Yamamoto Sayo x MAPPA

OK, this is very small thing and I'm pretty sure that I'm the only one who cares about it, but I just have to scream about it somewhere.

SEX IS GETTING A PV FOR ITS 30TH ANNIVERSARY AND IT'S ANIMATED BY MAPPA AND DIRECTED BY YAMAMOTO SAYO AAAAHHH.

You might know Kamijou Atsushi as the guy who did the character designs for Yamamoto's "Endless Night" short for the Animator Expo and also designed the glam idol Johnny for Space Dandy. He's an illustrator, also a mangaka on the side. And his manga Sex is one of my favorite manga ever. (It's not about sex, btw. There's no sex in it.)

I've long given up on it ever getting any sort of animation because the world in general is long past caring about what is essentially a manga version of an easy-going, lazy summer movie about delinquents in '80s Japan (and yakuza... and American soldiers... and lesbian BDSM queen assassins...). So even a measly PV makes me so happy, especially with this sort of talent behind it.

Btw if anyone is interested, Kamijou's "magnum opus" manga To-y (which is also awesome and one of my forever favorites) has been adapted as an anime (TV movie) waaayyy back in 1987. The adaptation takes a number of liberties with the story, but it's really good, features some amazing direction, and it has my favorite anime concert scene. Also, some really good '80s JPop.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-29, 09:48   Link #2
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
OK, this is very small thing and I'm pretty sure that I'm the only one who cares about it, but I just have to scream about it somewhere.

SEX IS GETTING A PV FOR ITS 30TH ANNIVERSARY AND IT'S ANIMATED BY MAPPA AND DIRECTED BY YAMAMOTO SAYO AAAAHHH.

You might know Kamijou Atsushi as the guy who did the character designs for Yamamoto's "Endless Night" short for the Animator Expo and also designed the glam idol Johnny for Space Dandy. He's an illustrator, also a mangaka on the side. And his manga Sex is one of my favorite manga ever. (It's not about sex, btw. There's no sex in it.)

I've long given up on it ever getting any sort of animation because the world in general is long past caring about what is essentially a manga version of an easy-going, lazy summer movie about delinquents in '80s Japan (and yakuza... and American soldiers... and lesbian BDSM queen assassins...). So even a measly PV makes me so happy, especially with this sort of talent behind it.

Btw if anyone is interested, Kamijou's "magnum opus" manga To-y (which is also awesome and one of my forever favorites) has been adapted as an anime (TV movie) waaayyy back in 1987. The adaptation takes a number of liberties with the story, but it's really good, features some amazing direction, and it has my favorite anime concert scene. Also, some really good '80s JPop.
*sees bolded part* Welp, time to go read.........I'm a simple woman.
Old 2017-03-29, 16:57   Link #3
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
*sees bolded part* Welp, time to go read.........I'm a simple woman.
It's only one, actually, but she's so much fun, and has great chemistry with the main girl, Kaho! I love their interactions. Then again, Kaho has great chemistry with most everyone (and one of her senpai, a very minor character, has a kind of classic yuri type crush on her).
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mappa