AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-10-04, 16:49   Link #61
Seiryuu

That's the problem with almost every anime I know of, or at least a problem that at least a few people note. It seems ok to me though.
One thing I couldn't help but think was, is this show going to have a lot of fanservice? I'd watch it either way, but my expectations would be different. Basically it's the uniforms that made me think that. The last anime I saw with a group of girls who dressed in such formal, ceremonial attire involved a guy that turned into Supermonk any time he saw a girl's chest.
The only other thing I thought was that the pres's shouts during her practice sounded surprisingly similar to the sound of young Link rolling in Ocarina(when I played the game, I had a habit of rolling alot because it seemed faster than running, and the sound started to stick in my head).
Oh well, this definitely looks entertaining, I can't wait for the next ep.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-04, 18:32   Link #62
herbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu View Post
That's the problem with almost every anime I know of, or at least a problem that at least a few people note. It seems ok to me though.
One thing I couldn't help but think was, is this show going to have a lot of fanservice? I'd watch it either way, but my expectations would be different. Basically it's the uniforms that made me think that. The last anime I saw with a group of girls who dressed in such formal, ceremonial attire involved a guy that turned into Supermonk any time he saw a girl's chest.
The only other thing I thought was that the pres's shouts during her practice sounded surprisingly similar to the sound of young Link rolling in Ocarina(when I played the game, I had a habit of rolling alot because it seemed faster than running, and the sound started to stick in my head).
Oh well, this definitely looks entertaining, I can't wait for the next ep.
Judging by 5 vols I have read (although I couldn't understand the last one, which was in Japanese, I am still confident since I believe that fanservice should be visual rather than verbal),

Spoiler for manga spoiler about fanservice:

By the way, which uniform you were talking about? School's uniform or kendo's?
Old 2007-10-04, 22:47   Link #63
KJlost

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbert View Post
Judging by 5 vols I have read (although I couldn't understand the last one, which was in Japanese, I am still confident since I believe that fanservice should be visual rather than verbal),

Spoiler for manga spoiler about fanservice:

By the way, which uniform you were talking about? School's uniform or kendo's?
Spoiler:

Just ep 1, and I have it listed under my 'must see' for the season. I'm waiting to see how they're going to play out ep 2 though. If the manga is any indication, this anime is going to be character growth more than anything else, so I'm looking forward to it.
KJlost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-06, 11:27   Link #64
NakedAngelX

It was quite hard for me to believe, out of all these recent releases so far. I'm have only put this anime on my to watch episode list.
It interested me the most

Now the remaining two would be ghost hound and genshiken 2 XD...
Old 2007-10-08, 18:49   Link #65
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep2:

2 episodes a volume? 6 volumes out... so 6 x 2 = 12... + ?...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-09, 11:30   Link #66
Doraneko
The Owl of Minerva

Leakage of the budget and the staff list:
Spoiler:

The apology by the studio's head:
Spoiler:

So it seems like the budget is pretty tight... Hopefully they haven't used too much in the first two episodes and can maintain the quality for the remaining 23.

P.S. Can anyone shed some light on what the 作画拘束費 is about?
Doraneko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-09, 13:10   Link #67
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I enjoyed episode two. Some drama and some touching backstory, as well as an interesting fight. Hirohashi Ryou is very effective as Tamaki. And Toyoguchi Megumi is a revelation in the role of Kirino. Not a style I associate her with.

That budget leak is a gold mine for understanding the anime business. $2000 an episode for the overall director, $2500 for the episode director, $2500 for the storyboard, $4000 for the animation supervisor of an episode, etc. Not sure if the $380 an episode for "main characters" and $1000 for "sub-characters" means VAs or character design.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2007-10-09 at 13:21.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-09, 13:25   Link #68
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
hahaha...poor sensei XD
ep 2
Spoiler:

edit: extra bonus :3

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS

Last edited by Deathkillz; 2007-10-09 at 14:02.
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-09, 14:07   Link #69
Claymore

It seems the schedule is also tight.
Currently there are only two episodes have been completed.

It's almost a live broadcasting.
Claymore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-09, 16:22   Link #70
S_K
Let's begin!

Send a message via MSN to S_K
Spoiler for episode 2:

I guess I'm probably gonna see this series through the end
S_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-09, 16:38   Link #71
Midonin
Last Engage

Just finished Episode 1. Not bad; I rather enjoyed it. The OP and ED are catchy enough, and as much as Tama looks like an Expy of Nodoka, I can tell she's her own character. The episode provided good entertainment and a few laughs (such as Tama repelling a footbal, a volleyball, a tennis ball, and a cueball with her sword), and I can tell I made a good choice to watch this series.

Never had much of an interest in sports anime, but this and Umisho changed my mind. Glad to have found something else to add to my ever-growing list.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-09, 17:02   Link #72
monir
cho~ kakkoii

The 2nd episode gives me hope that this show might turn out to be better than average. The humor is definitely to my liking. The touch of seriousness didn't feel out of place either. Tama is hilarious and absolutely adorable at the same time.

Will be looking forward to episode 3.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-09, 18:50   Link #73
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Alright tama-chan sold me on this series easily.

Something about her indifference to things yet not being really void of emotion...Call me intrigued heh. The rest of the cast isn't too bad either, but right now tama is doing a good job of stealing the show.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-09, 19:36   Link #74
joshualimm

Ooh, episode 2 was cool!!! Except for
Spoiler for ..:

Tama is just such a cute character! ~♥~ She gives me the same vibe as Yuki and Vanilla: Quiet, reserved geniuses. And that detached look.... kyaaaa♥♥♥♥!! Reminds me of my younger years... minus the "genius" part, of course.

As for the manga, I've got 5 volumes so far, though I've not started reading yet. Wouldn't want to spoil my experience with the show. Hope everyone will make best use of the spoiler tags.

Last edited by joshualimm; 2007-10-09 at 19:55.
joshualimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-09, 19:48   Link #75
noxian

it is a tad rushed. there are scenes i wish they'd kept in from the manga
but at the same time i can understand why. i wouldn't be surprised if it even gets changed a bit from the manga.

reality is, golden rule of female character groups in anime, try to get the whole group introduced as quickly as you can so the hijinks can proceed

and thats a slight problem if they follow the manga's pace cause if they do, we don't actually get to meet the 5th girl for a while still
noxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-09, 23:11   Link #76
jtrog

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdauben View Post
Well, while I can't read japanese (darn it!) the offical website for BB does say something about October 1st and there is nothing on the front page about October 2nd, so I am guessing it is premering the on the first.
Heheheh. There are plenty of translator page add ins that work with firefox, very fast too. Once you search for add-ins - languages - grab 3 or 4 and IM translater and you got it made. That is long as the text is not part of the picture.

The story is very like-able so far will be a nice change if it goes its own way. The Voice Actor cast appears to be very very good. Ep1 was really entertaining - I didn't hit pause and go cook food.

{Real Life Side Note - today for the 1st time EVER. I bought a cell phone... hell hath frozen over and now I can walk on it.}
jtrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-10, 00:20   Link #77
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well wasn't sure what to make of this series when I first heard about it. But the first episode was pretty good and this will be a fun series I feel. Man that teacher has some real problems. Wonder if it's a case of getting into kendo because he really liked it and life got complicated losing that along the way. At least I hope there is more to the teacher than just getting into this to win a bet for food.

Anyways Tama-chan was pretty interesting so will see more just for her sake.
Old 2007-10-10, 01:52   Link #78
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Episode 1: Although forgetable to some, I believe it showed the characteristics of the characters pretty well.

Episode 2: Tama moe + Kirino's reactions = 10/10

Plus, I love these two scenes:

Last edited by Kang Seung Jae; 2007-10-10 at 02:41.
Kang Seung Jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-10, 13:03   Link #79
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Strangely enough, the first episode kinda appeal to me despite the average quality of animation.
Old 2007-10-10, 14:22   Link #80
NakedAngelX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
Strangely enough, the first episode kinda appeal to me despite the average quality of animation.
Same here, i was attracted to no other anime's first episode XD..
Ep 2 rocked!! Near the end was so funny haha

Spoiler for Ep 2:

& Deathkillz, that picture u posted there, how long does it take to load? I've been waiting for 5 min and only the hair appeared lol.... can you upload sth that big?

Tags
comedy, seinen