AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Madoka Magica

Notices

View Poll Results: Madoka Magica - Episode 06 Rating
Perfect 10 96 56.47%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 58 34.12%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 5.88%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 3.53%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 170. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-02-10, 14:52   Link #41
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by momobunny View Post
the fact that it might split into two for design purposes isn't really anything out of place.
I think it's really odd, considering all the other girls only have one. And no, I don't think it can split.
Old 2011-02-10, 14:53   Link #42
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
Wait are you talking about the two things on each of her hands?
Yeah, that's what I'm talking about. When the MGs transform their soul gems take that form (in different shapes and colors though)
Old 2011-02-10, 14:54   Link #43
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Yeah, that's what I'm talking about. When the MGs transform their soul gems take that form (in different shapes and colors though)
How do you not know if her one gem appears on both hands?
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 14:56   Link #44
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
I think it's really odd, considering all the other girls only have one. And no, I don't think it can split.
It might have some significance on the story, or it might just be for design purposes. I'm thinking it's the latter. I mean there are only 5 magical girls shown so far, and I don't remember ever seeing a jewel on Mami's outfit (it could've been there, I just don't remember it), it could easily just be different for each girl. It's also possible that only one of them is her soul gem and the other is just there for symmetrical purposes... Madoka was seen designing her own costume, who knows? Maybe they think of the outfit they want and Homura wanted gems on BOTH of her hands. I don't really think it's anything too significant...

momobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 15:00   Link #45
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by momobunny View Post
It might have some significance on the story, or it might just be for design purposes. I'm thinking it's the latter. I mean there are only 5 magical girls shown so far, and I don't remember ever seeing a jewel on Mami's outfit (it could've been there, I just don't remember it)
It was in her ribbon. And Sayaka's in her navel. Kyoko's in her chest. Homura's in her hand... but unlike all the other girls, she has two.

I don't think is just design. It's either a hint to her power or animation screw up.
Old 2011-02-10, 15:09   Link #46
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
It was in her ribbon. And Sayaka's in her navel. Kyoko's in her chest. Homura's in her hand... but unlike all the other girls, she has two.

I don't think is just design. It's either a hint to her power or animation screw up.
If it is relevant to the story then I think it's a hint to her power rather than a mistake. You could be right... though I don't understand how you can be so certain. Other than Homura's gems being different from the other 4 magical girls shown, what evidence do you have to base that theory off of?

Either way, maybe it is a hint to Homura's power level. It's a possibility I suppose...

momobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 15:09   Link #47
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:

I think it's just design. But hey, this series hasn't exactly been predictable so who knows.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 15:15   Link #48
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfan View Post
Well, Kyubey certainly has it right about human getting rather bothered if this 'detail' is explained to them. Having said that, Gen has just opened up the possibility that we have not seen the last of Mami. If I am reading it right, so long as the soul gem is intact and in good order, all's well with puella magi.
Quote:
Mami's gem is stuck in Charlotte's realm. If anything this make her revival even more hopeless now.
If the chances with the revelation of soul gem. I still doubt mami will return as a magical girl. If she will return it will be a witch. And it will surely be mind f*ck if the current witch is mami turned into witched when left behind in the other realm.

Kyubei really didn't tell "anything" or "everything" to any of his contract. And Homura knowing those things further proof of her existence as a mystery that knows what will happen in the future

By next episode I doubt Kyoko will be an enemy but still Sayaka is really angry with Homura thanks to mami incident.
Old 2011-02-10, 15:15   Link #49
Kazu-kun

Quote:
I think it's just design.
You think they giver her two just because it looks cooler? In this show? Where almost every visual is hinting something (or purposely misleading you)....

Well, I suppose we'll have to agree to disagree then.
Old 2011-02-10, 15:22   Link #50
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Spoiler for ep6:
She's still the same. She's just confused about what happened. One minute she's arguing with Madoka, and next thing she knows, she's on the floor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
Spoiler for Madoka Magica 06 - Mugen no Tabiji ~Tomo e~:
In addition to both Kyokos, there is yet another similarity between this show and Kore ha zombie desu ka? Just like Ayumu, the girls are magical girls... and zombies. This is a fun week.

Quote:

It's an error. She didn't have it the rest of the time. Hell, even the soul gem on her left hand disappeared in some frames. Besides, possessing two soul gems is impossible.
Old 2011-02-10, 15:22   Link #51
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Actually, I think the likelihood of Mami revived as a witch is much more plausible than her to ever manifest as she were, and that's assuming if she does make a return somehow. Her 'soul' being devoured by Charlotte is something that to me is most logical, which obvious would be a case of dead dead.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 15:26   Link #52
herbert

If the original character design still holds, Homura is supposed to have a bow as her weapon. The design is still on the official website (although hidden). We know she gets a shield already, two soul gems can explain where the bow comes from.
Old 2011-02-10, 15:33   Link #53
tsunade666

but the shield could just be part of her design too. If it's a weapon. The one she uses against the other witch which looks like a bomb is more likely from another soul gem.

But from which, when and where did she get those?
Old 2011-02-10, 15:38   Link #54
herbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
but the shield could just be part of her design too. If it's a weapon. The one she uses against the other witch which looks like a bomb is more likely from another soul gem.

But from which, when and where did she get those?
She used the shield in episode 1 to defend, so it's more than a decoration. How and where she gets two gems, it can be an important plot point.
Old 2011-02-10, 15:44   Link #55
Seihai
スマイリウム

Come to think of it, considering Homura knew about the 100 meter limit and Kyoko not (see Homura's oh-noes-face), it's gotta be connected to what she experienced in the past. Maybe regarding a random MG, or it could be that it happened before to one of the 5 MGs we know.
Old 2011-02-10, 15:49   Link #56
Mentar
Banned

I wonder if this ep will buy 1-2 eps of respite from the "Homura is evil" crowd. But I'm confident that the "QB ain't evil" proponents will undoubtedly find more excuses for his explicit admission that he was purposely withholding important informations from the girls in order not to discourage them to contract. What a charming fella, who's snacking on saturated grief seeds that his condemned retriever slaves (the MGs) are bringing him...

So, time travel is pretty much confirmed, hm? I sigh a bit because this is opening 987324 of possible explanations for all open questions, which is making things very difficult to predict. I still think that Homura pulled a Chikane on Madoka, but LOTS of other explanations pop up now. So, this ep made the future more murky instead of clear ^_^;

Sorry Sayaka, your ordeals haven't ended yet - they just began. Anew.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 16:14   Link #57
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I suppose I need to post screenshots...

You can go through the whole episode, and even previous episodes I'm sure, and you'll never find a soul gem on her right hand except in this one sequence. It's obviously an error. The whole scene was full of QUALITY. You can't trust it.

The soul gem on her left hand kept appearing and disappearing too (and it did so in a way that leaves no doubt it was an error):

Furthermore, Homura's only got one ring, therefore only one soul gem. Which is perfectly logical, considering her soul gem contains her soul. How could she have two of them?
Old 2011-02-10, 16:36   Link #58
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
You think they giver her two just because it looks cooler? In this show? Where almost every visual is hinting something (or purposely misleading you)....

Well, I suppose we'll have to agree to disagree then.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
It's an error. She didn't have it the rest of the time. Hell, even the soul gem on her left hand disappeared in some frames. Besides, possessing two soul gems is impossible.
See what happens when you go looking for meaning in every little thing?

I'm mainly waiting for the subs to get information, so kinda going off what has been said so far, but this is an interesting turn. Even though Kyoko wasn't quite aware, she hit the nail on the head with the food chain idea: every living thing must consume something to stay alive. This isn't good nor evil, just nature in action.

For those curious, no, I still don't consider Kyube evil (might change my mind after watching subs, we'll see). A lot of us would be bothered to watch vultures pick through the remains of a corpse, after all.

And the fact remains that witches ARE a threat to normal humans and must be dealt with somehow.

However, I will state something that a few other people won't; that is, state the exact thing that would make me change my mind: If Kyube were the one to originally start the cycle, perhaps by creating the first witch or deliberately letting the witches into the human world, then I'd consider him evil. Until then, he's just doing what every creature on Earth has done to survive since time began: be a part of the food chain.

But I'm sure there are some people who won't take the step of admitting what kind of evidence would change their mind.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 16:37   Link #59
Seihai
スマイリウム

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
So, time travel is pretty much confirmed, hm? I sigh a bit because this is opening 987324 of possible explanations for all open questions, which is making things very difficult to predict.
I find it great that more possibilities are opened. It's fun to be able to predict things right but I also find it exciting to gain more openings for predictions. Which are fun to make, surely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Furthermore, Homura's only got one ring, therefore only one soul gem. Which is perfectly logical, considering her soul gem contains her soul. How could she have two of them?
So it's an error, that's better than worse. Makes things less confusing. And two souls... that can be explained by a few theories I don't believe in. Something about Homura being Madoka's alternate self, or/and being the cat from the OP. So it's like... Homura's body + cat's body = 2 souls, or Madoka's alternate self + Homura's body = 2 souls. Eh, something like that. Whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo
For those curious, no, I still don't consider Kyube evil (might change my mind after watching subs, we'll see). A lot of us would be bothered to watch vultures pick through the remains of a corpse, after all.
I agree but at the same time he's an as*hole either way.
Old 2011-02-10, 16:38   Link #60
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator

It makes me wonder how Homura was going to deal with Sayaka if she went through so much trouble to save "Sayaka".
Decagon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
madness, madoka magica