AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2012-05-06, 21:57   Link #241
Alchemist007
*Author

I'm not too interested in seeing this movie for some reason. I mean I like some of the heroes individually in their own story/universe, but I don't really get putting them all in one film, seems like it a loss of focus. I believe the title is a series by Marvel since many years ago, but I don't know, it just doesn't seem like it would have much focus. My friends are rabidly in love with the film so I guess it might be worth seeing eventually.
Old 2012-05-06, 22:01   Link #242
Haladflire65
*Artist

^ The loss of focus is inevitable when you put so many characters together, like you said, but I think this movie did a really good job of giving each character time to shine, at least. Also, what you lose in terms of individual focus in development is made up by the (sometimes hilarious) interactions between the characters, IMO. The plot's simple enough so I thought the somewhat chaotic-ness was fine. And the action is quite excellent - it was just a really fun movie. I actually liked it better than a lot of the heroes' individual movies, maybe save for Iron Man!
Old 2012-05-07, 01:02   Link #243
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haladflire65 View Post
^ The loss of focus is inevitable when you put so many characters together, like you said, but I think this movie did a really good job of giving each character time to shine, at least. Also, what you lose in terms of individual focus in development is made up by the (sometimes hilarious) interactions between the characters, IMO. The plot's simple enough so I thought the somewhat chaotic-ness was fine. And the action is quite excellent - it was just a really fun movie. I actually liked it better than a lot of the heroes' individual movies, maybe save for Iron Man!
Hell i think Hawk Eye shined a lot more than the rest he was bad ass in every scene he was in.
Old 2012-05-07, 01:47   Link #244
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
Yeeeaahh, I don't know who that is
He's one of the most powerful, popular villain in all of Marvel.
Spoiler:

We already saw the Inifnity Gauntlet in posession of Odin in the Thor movie btw.

If you've ever played Capcom's Marvel Superheroes or Marvel vs Capcom, he's that purple-skinned big fella in blue suit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
I'm not too interested in seeing this movie for some reason. I mean I like some of the heroes individually in their own story/universe, but I don't really get putting them all in one film, seems like it a loss of focus. I believe the title is a series by Marvel since many years ago, but I don't know, it just doesn't seem like it would have much focus. My friends are rabidly in love with the film so I guess it might be worth seeing eventually.
The director is the co-writer of Toy Story, and writer of Buffy the Vampire Slayer TV series.
He is quite adept at dealing with tons of characters and giving all spotlight.
Old 2012-05-07, 06:23   Link #245
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

Hulk vs Loki gif...

lol at Loki face in the end
Spoiler:

Last edited by Merilyn Mensola; 2012-05-07 at 06:40.
Merilyn Mensola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-07, 06:46   Link #246
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

I loved the little squeaky groan he makes.
Old 2012-05-07, 10:32   Link #247
AnimeFan188

'The Avengers' weekend debut shatters records

""The Avengers" thundered its way to box-office history, rolling up $200.3 million
for the biggest three-day U.S. weekend ever.

At the same time, Disney and Marvel Entertainment's superhero mashup added
another $151.5 million from 52 overseas territories this weekend to up its foreign
box-office cume to $441.5 million, giving it a staggering $641.8 million here and
abroad in the 12 days since its release.

The huge opening got the summer movie season off to a roaring start. In the
process, "The Avengers" blew past last year's "Harry Potter and the Deathly
Hallows: Part 2," which had held the record for the best first-weekend at $169.1
million."

See:

http://movies.msn.com/movies/article.aspx?news=726281

This one's turning out to be quite the cash machine. I'd put the odds of a sequel
at about 110%.
AnimeFan188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-07, 11:03   Link #248
Lilith
Your average fangirl

Just watched it with my brother and it was MARVELOUS! Slow beginning, but the pace is quickly picked up. I really loved how the characters matured from introductary, then mistrusting and finally teaming up.

The action was good and the comedy was better. I believe that Tony Stark's character has grown the most. Since I didn't read anything before, I really believed he'd be lost in space!

Absolutely LOVED the shawrma scene! Especially since it's my favorite sandwhich.
Spoiler for post credit shawrma scene:
Old 2012-05-07, 11:55   Link #249
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Just saw it last night. My friend is a pretty big fan. XD

WOW....that was just.....WOW. Epic. Incredibly epic.

Quote:
Hulk vs Loki gif...

lol at Loki face in the end
*dead from that scene*

Also when he punched Thor. SO RANDOM.

Tony Stark really stole the show though in the end. He always gets the best lines.

"Take away your suit of armor and what are you!?"
"Uh, genius billionaire playboy philanthropist?"

LAWL! xD

Last edited by Chiibi; 2012-05-07 at 12:08.
Chiibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-07, 14:59   Link #250
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilith View Post
Just watched it with my brother and it was MARVELOUS! Slow beginning, but the pace is quickly picked up. I really loved how the characters matured from introductary, then mistrusting and finally teaming up.

The action was good and the comedy was better. I believe that Tony Stark's character has grown the most. Since I didn't read anything before, I really believed he'd be lost in space!
Well I hadn't read anything about that beforehand either, but it didn't matter, because I knew there was going to be an Iron Man 3
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-07, 17:09   Link #251
Sophie
succubus
*IT Support

Just watched this, and I'm quite happy with it.

It was exciting, funny and had a lot of nail-biting tension.
Too bad it feels like I was the only one laughing. (#ºдº)
Old 2012-05-07, 21:23   Link #252
AnimeFan188

Pentagon Quit The Avengers Because of Its ‘Unreality’

"The Pentagon halted its cooperation with Marvel Studios’ blockbuster movie The
Avengers because the Defense Department didn’t think a movie about
superheroes, Norse Gods and intergalactic invasions was sufficiently realistic in
its treatment of military bureaucracy.

Moviegoers and comic fans know that S.H.I.E.L.D., led by Samuel L. Jackson’s
super-spy Nick Fury, is an international peacekeeping/global surveillance/crisis
response/quasi-military organization. But its relationship with the United States is
murky. And that basically stopped the U.S. military, which is normally eager to
cooperate with the film industry on blockbuster movies, from teaming up with the
Avengers.

“We couldn’t reconcile the unreality of this international organization and our
place in it,” Phil Strub, the Defense Department’s Hollywood liaison, tells Danger
Room. “To whom did S.H.I.E.L.D. answer? Did we work for S.H.I.E.L.D.? We hit
that roadblock and decided we couldn’t do anything” with the film."

See:

http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2012...gers-military/
AnimeFan188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-07, 21:30   Link #253
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

In other words the military weren't the ones to save the day and didn't want to play second fiddle to someone else so they pulled out.
Old 2012-05-07, 21:56   Link #254
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Their loss.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-07, 22:14   Link #255
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

"we don't like the fact we're not the one dealing the asswhopping"
Old 2012-05-07, 22:32   Link #256
Rennir
Quietly Lurking
*Graphic Designer

Not surprised. If it doesn't portray the US military in a positive light, they want nothing to do with it.
Old 2012-05-07, 23:50   Link #257
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

The sad thing is, the climax action in The Avengers is not as engaging as the action in Bayformers 1 & 3 even though I hate the 3rd movie. I’m not saying that the lack of “more explosions” is due to the military/pentagon pulled out from the Avengers. It’s just that the destruction shown by the movie is a lot less than what I hoped from the so called “invincible space army” although you can argue that the Avengers managed to stop most of them before they can even do anything. It’s just a little sad that we can’t see a lot more destruction because of that.

Also, I really really hope I can say that the aliens here is more impressive than the robots in Bayformers, but I really can’t. They still clearly look fake during the city battles. I hate to admit that Bayformers movies wins in the visual FX department in spades.
Old 2012-05-08, 03:08   Link #258
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

The footsoldiers aren't even bulletproof. They go down to Black Widow's dinky guns. So, no, they didn't look very invincible.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-08, 03:26   Link #259
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

For those who didn't get the Flying Monkey reference :-

Opened in 1939, the year WWII broked out. Cap must had caught it.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-08, 03:31   Link #260
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
The sad thing is, the climax action in The Avengers is not as engaging as the action in Bayformers 1 & 3 even though I hate the 3rd movie. I’m not saying that the lack of “more explosions” is due to the military/pentagon pulled out from the Avengers. It’s just that the destruction shown by the movie is a lot less than what I hoped from the so called “invincible space army” although you can argue that the Avengers managed to stop most of them before they can even do anything. It’s just a little sad that we can’t see a lot more destruction because of that.

Also, I really really hope I can say that the aliens here is more impressive than the robots in Bayformers, but I really can’t. They still clearly look fake during the city battles. I hate to admit that Bayformers movies wins in the visual FX department in spades.
Unlike the action from the transformers movie, i could follow the big destruction scene very well. The action in all 3 transformers movies were far more chaotic. Most likely because the autobots and decepticons looked similar to eachother (with lot's of CG), while you can easily distinguish the avengers and the alien invasion troops in this movie.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote