Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-12-07, 10:24   Link #9101
Kadi
知識の探求者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
After rereading Godou's Duel with Doni, I have been wondering whether the tip of Ama no Murakumo no Tsurugi that Doni sliced off will grow back. It is a sword of divine origin after all and if Godou keeps damaging it in future battle, it may become unusable if it's too damaged.
Hmm... we don't really need an extended story about reforging it right now. Other matters are more pressing, like how his latest changes in personality affect his family and school life. Or Athena and that King of Wind. Or Valentine's Day. Especially Valentine's Day. I could see another ceremony as the one we had in V9 because that also includes character/relationship development, but that's just it, we already had that.

Thus for convenience's sake, I believe it'll just be whole again come the next volume.
Kadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-07, 10:39   Link #9102
bludvein

No need for reforging or anything. Being a [Steel] it will reform after a little while. Ama no Murakumo has already been broken at least twice(and I might be missing some instances)... It shattered when he beat it up back in vol 5, and it snapped in half when it clashed with Lancelot's version of the Divine Sword of Salvation. A little slice off the tip is nothing.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-07, 18:20   Link #9103
Phoenix221186
Butt Theory Creator xD

didn't he made a " ritual " with ena to reforge it in vol 9 i think ?
the one that they don't remember what happen ?
Old 2013-12-07, 19:05   Link #9104
bludvein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix221186 View Post
didn't he made a " ritual " with ena to reforge it in vol 9 i think ?
the one that they don't remember what happen ?
No, that was just to allow Ena to summon a doppelganger of the sword while Godou got information to use the warrior.
Old 2013-12-08, 08:11   Link #9105
Trung-t-rung

Hey, anyone interested in create a Campione fanfiction forum on animesuki ?
Trung-t-rung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-08, 10:37   Link #9106
Feng Lengshun
Old Wine

Eh, the Campione fandom is nowhere near as big as the other LN fandoms like even Infinite Stratos. Most people hates Godou with all of their guts and there are many who got turned off by the first volume, not to mention that in terms of writing technique, the series isn't as good as some of the better LNs, all of those conditions contributed to the small size of the fandom. And you want to make a fanfic thread with that small size? Even the fanfiction.net forum isn't as active as, say, James D. Fawkes' forum (and he had many haters).
Feng Lengshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-08, 10:58   Link #9107
Ultragunner

I have to admit that I almost dropped this LN right after vol 1, because of all the unusual myths. It's not that I mind info dump, heck, I can handle Mahouka, so long explanations don't actually bother me that much.

For me, It's just that the mythology and origins of Gods in Campione are somewhat random and unappealing (sorry guys, but this is just my first impression), Erica seemed to be a generic & manipulative b!tch (again, first impression ) and Godou was......*sigh*....While I enjoying reading through DxD with all the gods & deities in it, Campione was just tedious.

But hell, I'm sure glad that I had the patience
Old 2013-12-08, 11:51   Link #9108
Trung-t-rung

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
I have to admit that I almost dropped this LN right after vol 1, because of all the unusual myths. It's not that I mind info dump, heck, I can handle Mahouka, so long explanations don't actually bother me that much.

For me, It's just that the mythology and origins of Gods in Campione are somewhat random and unappealing (sorry guys, but this is just my first impression), Erica seemed to be a generic & manipulative b!tch (again, first impression ) and Godou was......*sigh*....While I enjoying reading through DxD with all the gods & deities in it, Campione was just tedious.

But hell, I'm sure glad that I had the patience
Godou is still a lot better protagonists than some series out there.
I can't say about the myth though I really like how the series link the old stories of Heroes killed monster to save princesses into a type of myth...
No comment about DxD though. About comedy and shounen fighting (and ecchi) DxD is simply the best I've seen.
Trung-t-rung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-08, 12:56   Link #9109
Feng Lengshun
Old Wine

Rule one of successful businesses: First impression matters (and subsequent impressions to). Just having a bad first impression is already a big mistake. Especially in entertainment business and especially in a book which doesn't have cool visuals like a movie or anime. Really, really depends on how good can it keep the readers seated.

Also, the fact is that a lot of the characters are plain unlikeable at first glance. If I hadn't been a big mythology lover with a relatively good knowledge of them and had watched the anime, I would totally have dropped it.

Actually, in that sense, I would say that the anime, as a show, was quite good. It was actually quite cool. Sure, as an adaptation it wasn't a good one, but when a lot of people watches the anime before then reading the novel, and a lot of them stopped reading it due to first impressions, it tells something about them. Can't blame them though, "you can't judge a book by its cover..." but you can build expectation and build impressions from it. And when the expectation is great while the actual thing is just "so-so", well...
Old 2013-12-08, 16:55   Link #9110
erdii

just finished reading. my first question why madame aisha went 30 years later than her own time. she just spend 3 months in past she could have gone to her own time. I didn't understand why she went 30 years later.

by the way Godou is getting more pitiful. girls are pushing him a bit too hard. Godou is giving in to girls because he doesn't want them to be sad and girls are using this against him. having a harem is really hard
Old 2013-12-08, 19:13   Link #9111
bakapervert
A pervert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feng Lengshun View Post
Rule one of successful businesses: First impression matters (and subsequent impressions to). Just having a bad first impression is already a big mistake. Especially in entertainment business and especially in a book which doesn't have cool visuals like a movie or anime. Really, really depends on how good can it keep the readers seated.

Also, the fact is that a lot of the characters are plain unlikeable at first glance. If I hadn't been a big mythology lover with a relatively good knowledge of them and had watched the anime, I would totally have dropped it.

Actually, in that sense, I would say that the anime, as a show, was quite good. It was actually quite cool. Sure, as an adaptation it wasn't a good one, but when a lot of people watches the anime before then reading the novel, and a lot of them stopped reading it due to first impressions, it tells something about them. Can't blame them though, "you can't judge a book by its cover..." but you can build expectation and build impressions from it. And when the expectation is great while the actual thing is just "so-so", well...
Well, its true that when I read volume 1 and 2 Campione doesn't really left much impression to me. Just a so-so story for me at that time. Thank god zzhk and Florza keep up their great work, finally reaching the good part. Got hooked to this series when Ena and Liliana enter the stage.
bakapervert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-09, 17:17   Link #9112
Zurvan
Divine Monarch

Hey this is just out of the blue but does someone here know something about a Celtic God named Loucetios?
Zurvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-09, 18:41   Link #9113
teejmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zurvan View Post
Hey this is just out of the blue but does someone here know something about a Celtic God named Loucetios?
Seems like he was a light god, and the Romans associated him with Mars. He had lightning and storm attributes, and may be the origin of the Welsh god Lleu and the Irish god Lugh. As Llue, he has the ability to turn into an eagle (he escaped a murder attempt on his life using this). Lugh was notable for his ability with the spear and the sling. Well, this is according to the Britannia, at least.
teejmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-11, 19:51   Link #9114
Vezon

Do you guys think they will be a time skip? After all Godou hasn't been a Campione for a year it would be kinda ridicules for Godou to defeat the King Of the End so early in his career.
Old 2013-12-11, 20:33   Link #9115
Feng Lengshun
Old Wine

^

...you do realize that the series is made of ridiculousness and broken logic more than Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, right? At least that one had yhe justification of Spiral Energy. Here? The whole thing of "Defeating a God is impossible" it tried to force made no logical sense (As Bernkastel puts it, it's a miracle if it only happen once, coincidence if it happens twice, and perfectly possible if it happens thrice).

To borrow a phrase from Umineko: I wouldn't put it past the series to do something like that. Especially whrn practically everyone else in the industry are doing it too (Formal training rarely works these days).
Old 2013-12-11, 21:51   Link #9116
The Green One

Quote:
Originally Posted by vezonisdead View Post
Do you guys think they will be a time skip? After all Godou hasn't been a Campione for a year it would be kinda ridicules for Godou to defeat the King Of the End so early in his career.
In universe it's considered ludicrously ridiculous for a human to defeat a God period. Godou is a Campione precisely because he is that kind of ridiculous person. After all he could defeat hopelessly mismatched odds using a divine tool once, why not a second time as a hopelessly out matched warrior wielding divine powers to slay being specifically specced to obliterate him.

It's not that far of a stretch.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-11, 22:40   Link #9117
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
In universe it's considered ludicrously ridiculous for a human to defeat a God period. Godou is a Campione precisely because he is that kind of ridiculous person. After all he could defeat hopelessly mismatched odds using a divine tool once, why not a second time as a hopelessly out matched warrior wielding divine powers to slay being specifically specced to obliterate him.

It's not that far of a stretch.
Or, Godou is the first Campione in history to develop friendly relations with so many others .. and they join forces to defeat the "King of the End"

Old 2013-12-11, 22:49   Link #9118
bludvein

Quote:
Originally Posted by vezonisdead View Post
No, the KotE's revival is already on course to happen within the next couple months of the series time at max. The odds will be stacked against him no matter how much time he gets, so mind as well get it over with. Plus, no matter how improbable his win will inevitably be, it can't possibly be more so than his fight with Verethragna.

While I think a time skip would be neat, it would most likely be an epilogue type deal if one happens at all.
Old 2013-12-15, 01:57   Link #9119
Feng Lengshun
Old Wine

Say, I forgot but how exactly Divine Ancestor mechanics works again? I think it has something to do with Holy Grail and Artos but I really have forgotten about it. Can anyone help?
Old 2013-12-15, 02:30   Link #9120
black prince
Lost Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feng Lengshun View Post
Say, I forgot but how exactly Divine Ancestor mechanics works again? I think it has something to do with Holy Grail and Artos but I really have forgotten about it. Can anyone help?
i think it's happen when Earth Mother Goddess die, she'll reborn as Divine Ancestor or something along those line

Tags
action, campione, ecchi, godslayer, harem, light novel, myth, romance, sd bunko, shounen, supernatural, time travel, true harem