Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-10-13, 00:01   Link #421
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
Bankai was never meant to be a secret trump card for Ichigo.
I agree. It clearly wasn't intended to be a secret to us/the viewer. It was only intended to be a secret to Byakuya at the time (which is what I had meant). It was his a secret-ace he had revealed to level the playing field.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
True. What it boils down to is that Tensa Zangetsu became mostly Obsolete as soon as SS arc was over.

So yeah, it's been "downgraded". But on paper, Ichigo's bankai is as strong and fast as it's ever been.
I understand your point. Especially with regards to how obsolete it's become. It's just that because Ichigo's Bankai speed has been nerfed since his battle w/ Byakuya, it's probably going to remain difficult for me to see Tensa Zangetsu as being "faster" than before. And yes, I will admit that a large part of this goes back to something as seemingly trivial as speed clones. But because no other character in Bleach has been depicted to be capable of speeds that high, it's the #1 main reason I feel TZ has been downgraded. What I think KT unintentionally did with the fight between Ichigo & Byakuya was exaggerate Ichigo's Bankai speed without realizing how potentially inconsistent this would make certain things look later on.
Old 2009-10-13, 00:51   Link #422
Lendial

i think the downgrade was intentional, the speed he reached during the climax of the final ss fight is one that would likely instantly kill most of his enemies or provide an overwhelming advantage, droy for example, should have died instantly. grimjaw unreleased should have had a hard time keeping up, instead he smacked ichigo around like a rag doll. now add in the mask, and really the only people who should be capable or keeping up are high(top 3 +ulqy) ranked esapda and aizen&co.
Old 2009-10-13, 02:33   Link #423
Ganshou-dono
so hungry...

Send a message via ICQ to Ganshou-dono
Quote:
Originally Posted by sasuke2007 View Post
but come on, why would shinji really be shouting for ichigo to return? is ichigo really that much stronger than him and is able to fight on par with Aizen/Tousen/Gin?? I highly highly doubt it! I dislike the whole ichigo-gets-his-ass-whooped-in-a-fight-then-manages-to-beat-them-and-all-of-a-sudden-becomes-stronger :S wtf he ain't no shinigami, his a damn sayian!
my thoughts on this are the same as it was said here before by someone...a that is that ichigo was suppose to bring orihime back...that was the point in going into HM...shinji doesn't know what happened there...from his point of view ichigo went to HM to get orihime and then get the hell out of there...and because the gate from HM to karakura town was switched (or whatever) to gate from HM to fake karakura town then it's not expected for ichigo (with orihime) to appear anywhere else...that is if they don't know that gate was sealed by aizen...otherwise he would probably scream "urahara hurry the f*ck up! and ichigo...same for you dammit!"

it was said quite nicely before by that certain someone "they don't expect orihime to show up on her own"
she left by her own will...by some she was even considered a traitor...I can't imagine anyone expecting such a (non-fighing on top of that all) person to return by herself
Old 2009-10-13, 02:37   Link #424
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I bet Orihime will reject the gates closing down and reject the distance between Ichigo and fake KT, then he will be right next to Shinji and Orihime saying: "Hey, half Hiyori's missing..." or something. The good guys just have to lose this fight.
Old 2009-10-13, 04:09   Link #425
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraFlash View Post
I think it's a hard life for writers like Kubo or Kishi... you create all these characters in detail and you simply can't kill them because you can't overcome your own inhibitions. You lovely created these characters and you can't kill them anymore, so they get more and more and more and once you decided to kill one, you desperately want to revive it as soon as possible.

I think this is what would happen to me, as I write some fan fiction characters, I know that you get into detail. Every habit, every outfit, every single skill... you can't simply kill them. It's easier to kill characters you designed to get killed.
Wow you make me feel like such a murderer. I would totally be willing to kill just about any character I created.
Old 2009-10-13, 05:03   Link #426
Wolcik

Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
Ichigo's Bankai is a prof that Kubo planned Bleach only up to SS - his best attack was speed, and so when new enemies introduced would have to have at least a chance to keep up - and how boring it would be if they were was enough for Ichigo but only he could fight them because of their insane speed. Oo
Old 2009-10-13, 05:11   Link #427
kamyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lendial View Post
i think the downgrade was intentional, the speed he reached during the climax of the final ss fight is one that would likely instantly kill most of his enemies or provide an overwhelming advantage, droy for example, should have died instantly. grimjaw unreleased should have had a hard time keeping up, instead he smacked ichigo around like a rag doll. now add in the mask, and really the only people who should be capable or keeping up are high(top 3 +ulqy) ranked esapda and aizen&co.
they also made a point of it being more than his body could handle, though it wasn't clear if that was from the speed or just his bankai in general at the time.
Old 2009-10-13, 06:51   Link #428
Ganshou-dono
so hungry...

Send a message via ICQ to Ganshou-dono
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamyu View Post
they also made a point of it being more than his body could handle, though it wasn't clear if that was from the speed or just his bankai in general at the time.
true...however considering the fact that he doesn't have (apparently) any troubles with being in bankai mode so I guess it's that incredible speed he can't handle...well makes sense it's not like he is practicing in order to adapt to that speed...so it cannot be expected for him to be OK when usualy moving slowly (while human) and suddenly he starts moving super fast (bankai)...thinking about it...makes me wonder how come he doesn't puke all over the place
I mean it must be super hard for his brain to handle such insane and sudden speed changes...
Old 2009-10-13, 07:16   Link #429
Wolcik

Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganshou-dono View Post
true...however considering the fact that he doesn't have (apparently) any troubles with being in bankai mode so I guess it's that incredible speed he can't handle...well makes sense it's not like he is practicing in order to adapt to that speed...so it cannot be expected for him to be OK when usualy moving slowly (while human) and suddenly he starts moving super fast (bankai)...thinking about it...makes me wonder how come he doesn't puke all over the place
I mean it must be super hard for his brain to handle such insane and sudden speed changes...
There are more unrealistic things in Bleach and not only flying or shoting lasers - I mean about being cut if half and surviving (Ichigo had only his spine keeping him togheter).
If he achived Bankai that meant that at some point he could handle the level of power it gives, and if it gives speed than at least some of it shouldn't be a problem for him... as the story goes a fast learning (he achived shikai and bankai in days) protogonist should be able to master this. I know that Espada might be very fast but Ichigo was able to outrun millsions of gay flowers and the fastest espada could copy himself only 5 times when Ichigo did at least 20 of such copies in one shot.
Old 2009-10-13, 07:57   Link #430
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Lightbulb Thread Created

Please continue the discussion of new chapter there ..

* [MANGA] Bleach Chapter 378 Discussion
Old 2009-10-16, 04:18   Link #431
TheInfinityZERO
Mugen //Zero

First thing I thought when I read this chapter was, "Oh crap! The old captains do have Bankai modes."

Friggin' ey! I thought the old captains/Vaizard groups were captains because of circumstances other than having a Bankai. I seriously thought they only had Shikai.

Sad to say, Hiyori got what was coming to her. Though Shinji kept preaching about how they should be cautious, they let their guard down against the other two, Gin and Blindy.
Closed Thread

Tags
manga, weekly chapter discussion