AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-06-25, 16:52   Link #601
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Episode 9

Ok i finsihed episode 9 and guys i must say i am going to need to see a shrink after i finish this series.

Spoiler for Episode 9 another tear jerker:
Old 2007-06-25, 17:02   Link #602
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Spoiler for Episode 9 another tear jerker:
Seriously --- what else could they have shown? Maybe more scenes with Daichi with his family, but there would be no point in that at all. You can feel the family bond between them all in that one episode.
Old 2007-06-25, 17:28   Link #603
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Funny story - Daiichi was so nice of a person that his demise almost failed to move me at all. He was kind of bland character, I guess, probably due to having gotten only one episode for his own story, as opposed to Chizu's story which certainly touched me a lot more.

And in other news, so many weeks after I first heard the OP but I still can't get it out of my head, I actually find myself trying to sing the tune in public from time to time.

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-25, 17:35   Link #604
Diedrupo

Daichi's story would have been more effective if it occured immediately after Kodama's, like in the manga, in my opinion. Seeing Chizu's story first dispels the whole thing with Daichi realizing that he's going to die after the battle (something the kids only realized after seeing what happened to Kodama). It was so much more effective in the manga, that again I have to question why Morita changed the pilot order the way he did. Oh well.
Diedrupo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-25, 18:13   Link #605
Ronny

I don't think the order matters much for Daichi...

Actually, it makes more sense this way.. I mean, for Kako to not break down until after Daichi and
Spoiler for ep10 pilot:
die, while knowing right after Kodama that he's going to die, makes less sense than seeing him break down immediately after Kodama. Also, for the military to not take action until after
Spoiler for again ep10 pilot:
is quite late, so moving that part up with Kako only makes sense to me personally.
Ronny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-25, 19:26   Link #606
Diedrupo

Kako didn't care, he didn't want to face the reality of the situation until it was his turn, and that's when he broke down. That's an illustration of his selfish nature. It doesn't really matter what position in the story Kako's turn came, however moving him up affected the impact of Daichi and ------'s stories. Seeing Tanaka and Seki in both character's stories further dilutes their impact (since there was no military intervention in either story in the manga).

I don't really think that is questionable.
Old 2007-06-25, 20:37   Link #607
leongsh
Daijoubu!

I think we should just discuss the anime as it is now instead of constantly comparing it against the manga. The director has been moving things around with his own agenda and he has been given permission to do so by the mangaka himself as long as he does not violate certain rules.

So far, the anime is doing a good job in the eyes of those who are coming to this title via the anime and not via the manga.
leongsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-26, 05:08   Link #608
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leongsh View Post
I think we should just discuss the anime as it is now instead of constantly comparing it against the manga. The director has been moving things around with his own agenda and he has been given permission to do so by the mangaka himself as long as he does not violate certain rules.
We're not comparing anything, we're just mentioning the difference in pilot order --- which brings out a big outcome in both versions of the story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leongsh View Post
So far, the anime is doing a good job in the eyes of those who are coming to this title via the anime and not via the manga.
I came into this as a manga fan, and i'm enjoying it a hell of a lot, not just how i thought i would originally. Your statement makes it sound like all manga readers are not enjoying the anime...
Old 2007-06-26, 21:32   Link #609
Onniguru

Episode 12 Screen Caps

Episode 12 Screencaps are out!

Spoiler for Example Image:

GO Here to see images of the episode 12

Last edited by Onniguru; 2007-06-27 at 22:55. Reason: There were no spoilers in this text
Onniguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-26, 22:59   Link #610
Diedrupo

Watching ep 12 now (thanks Onniguru!).

Spoiler:

Overall a pretty good episode, and one that shows that Morita can actually direct a decent story if it's not dealing with R-rated themes.
Old 2007-06-27, 00:53   Link #611
Onniguru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diedrupo View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for episode 12:

Last edited by Onniguru; 2007-06-27 at 22:45. Reason: Dont need tags within tags, Pell :)
Old 2007-06-27, 05:38   Link #612
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diedrupo View Post
Watching ep 12 now (thanks Onniguru!).

Spoiler:
Spoiler for Episode 12:

Thanks for the images Onniguru, though you should place all what you just said into spoiler tags.
Old 2007-06-27, 13:23   Link #613
Diedrupo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Spoiler for Episode 12:

Thanks for the images Onniguru, though you should place all what you just said into spoiler tags.
Yeah I like how Machi is a lot more feminine in the anime. She's like a redneck in the manga.
Old 2007-06-27, 22:51   Link #614
Onniguru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post

I'll agree to that for the post above this one, though Pell putting the link to the image gallery in spoiler tags kinda defeats the purpose of my posting the link at all.

Putting the image in spoiler tags==good.
Putting the link to the gallery in tags==bad.

I'm pretty sure you personally just wanted my post right above this one in spoiler tags, though, and not my link post like Pell modified
Old 2007-06-27, 23:36   Link #615
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onniguru View Post
Putting the image in spoiler tags==good.
Putting the link to the gallery in tags==bad.
Yes, you can link to a image gallery with no need of spoiler tags, as long as it is clearly specified that link will lead to spoilers.

Did I put that in spoiler tags too? I obviously meant to tag just the image. ^^
Old 2007-06-28, 13:50   Link #616
Onniguru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
Yes, you can link to a image gallery with no need of spoiler tags, as long as it is clearly specified that link will lead to spoilers.

Did I put that in spoiler tags too? I obviously meant to tag just the image. ^^

No problem, thanks for your efforts . we still love ya ^ ^. Not in a...yaoi way...of course
Old 2007-06-29, 22:56   Link #617
Impz
Insanity Anime Blogger

Hah, it's a little late, but Episode 12 summary + thoughts is up in the blog.

Spoiler for episode 12:

Cheers and hope that it will be useful for reference!

Last edited by Pellissier; 2007-06-30 at 12:03. Reason: even if minor, that is still a spoiler for those who aren't watching the raws ^^
Impz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-30, 11:59   Link #618
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
just glanced over ep 12
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-01, 19:35   Link #619
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Bokurano. Family

Daiichi's story was heartwarming but grieving at the same time.

He did have the right to be scared for his death, but not because of dying but due that with him gone then who would take care of his siblings.

Spoiler:

Something that was not right was Koemushii's conversation.
Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-02, 02:08   Link #620
Frozen_Angel
Gothy Lesbian from Hell

First of Id like to say this is a very sad series, its been a long time since I cryed from an anime and episode 8 with Chizu dieing did it, but I was curious about something, something keeps bugging me, this was only supposed to be a new experimental game from episode 1, do you think its possible no one has died its like just some virtual reality thing, not sure how to explain it anymore.
Any thoughts?

Tags
drama, mecha