AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2009-09-18, 17:52   Link #221
Nerroth
NePoi!

I feel like I've hit a wall. (In the Western PSP version, that is.)

I can't unlock the EX missions for Gil, Bazett, Zero Lancer or Luvia.

With Zero Lancer, I can't land a 20-hit combo (Hit Combo 1). With Bazett, I keep not having the first two shots of Fragarach deflected (Skill 2). With Luvia, I can't get Spangle Necklace right (Skill 2). And for Gil, I keep messing up the follow-up moves for Uta-Napthism (Skill 1).

It's things like this that sap my enthusiasm for a game. Even if I want to get all of the EX missions done, I can't get past the fact that I'm really not much good at tapping in combos in this sort of game...
Old 2009-09-19, 00:24   Link #222
Kimiko Khan
reality has no meaning

there might be a guide for the psp version somwhere, but i have the ps2 one so i can't help ya. though you're lucky gils grail was simplified for the psp took me forever to do it on the ps2
Old 2009-09-21, 08:22   Link #223
Nerroth
NePoi!

Well, I found out you can unlock the EX missions for each character if you run through their Arcade modes 3 times, so I have them all unlocked and completed by now.

(Which included Assassin's, too - I kinda forgot that I hadn't unlocked his, either. Sorry, Sasaki-san!)

Actually, I went back and managed to get Spangle Necklace done, but the others in the above list are still beyond me.
Old 2010-03-11, 16:57   Link #224
kaname08
Poetic Stargazer

With regards to the characters in the PSP version...I just bought it recently on the PSN. There are certain characters that can be a bit annoying in the game. For me...it would have to be Berserker and Gligamesh.

However, when comparing the EX attacks of all characters...there are certain ones that kinda creep me out in terms of the amount of damage.

Which ones do you guys think hurt the most?
kaname08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-18, 09:06   Link #225
Polar_Lord

If I remember correctly, Gilgamesh's Holy Grail burst does the most damage since it's the hardest to imput. Similarly, Archer's UBW does more than most Grail bursts because of the difficult execution.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong heh.
Polar_Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-09, 05:13   Link #226
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Is this only downloadable as a PSP game or it can be played on PS3?
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-16, 11:38   Link #227
Star Psyren 95
Retired Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz View Post
Is this only downloadable as a PSP game or it can be played on PS3?
PSP, fun game though.

Quote:
If I remember correctly, Gilgamesh's Holy Grail burst does the most damage since it's the hardest to imput. Similarly, Archer's UBW does more than most Grail bursts because of the difficult execution.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong heh.
I find UBW the hardest to pull off cuz I kill enemies too quickly. So I have to extend the rounds and up the difficulty. Not only you need to do all 6 Arias (luckily they're transferable to each round) but you need also max Special bar and full Holy Grail bar on your side. But it's worth to show off.
Star Psyren 95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 13:34   Link #228
Broken_Fate

UBW is way too hard to pull off. Up difficulty and rounds to 3 wins and you're set.
Broken_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-14, 15:23   Link #229
Flinch
Onii-chan~

Send a message via AIM to Flinch Send a message via MSN to Flinch
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it was Uta-Napthism who wrote Enuma Elish, either that or the one who told Gilgamesh where to get the herb.

For those of you who don't know, Ea was the Summerian god of wisdom, Enkindu was Gilgamesh's best and only friend (who was killed because of a series of events stemming from Gil refusing to wed the goddess of prostitution, Ishtar I think her name was), Uta-Napthism was either the head god or the god of death, I forget which, and Enuma Elish was the poem that explained the creation of the universe.

The only NP that makes sense is Enkindu, btw, as it relates to how it took both Enkindu and Gilgamesh to bind down the divine bull, hence why its stronger with higher divinity.
Old 2010-07-14, 20:52   Link #230
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flinch View Post
...because of a series of events stemming from Gil refusing to wed the goddess of prostitution, Ishtar I think her name was
I believe the proper term is "Goddess of Fertility" or "Goddess of Love". After all, you wouldn't call Venus or Aphrodite a prostitute, do you?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-14, 22:07   Link #231
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

No. It was actually stated in The Epic Saga that Ishtar's temple had prostitutes as part of their devotion to her. She was also a goddess of war as well, methinks.

Je.

Quote:
The only NP that makes sense is Enkindu, btw, as it relates to how it took both Enkindu and Gilgamesh to bind down the divine bull, hence why its stronger with higher divinity.
It took both of them, yes. When they killed it and Ishtar appeared, Gilgamesh refused, since he'd basically be a plaything for her in the end. Then... Enkidu ripped off a tendon/hip of the Bull of Heaven and threw it at Ishtar.

Ishtar got bitchy, decided to make Enkidu sick, Enkidu dies, Gilgamesh fears for his mortality and goes to look for the herb.

Disjointed, but that's from what I remember. D: lol
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-15, 10:25   Link #232
Flinch
Onii-chan~

Send a message via AIM to Flinch Send a message via MSN to Flinch
Only the Sumerians would have a goddess of prostitution. Rather funny, but kinda sad.

One other thing I noticed. Saber Alter has the ability to use an NP called Vortigern. Vortigern was a Saxon ally who wanted to sacrifice Merlin so he could build his castle... and got destroyed by Uther Pendragon (Arthur's father for those of you who don't know). Arthur never met him, yet the only connection is that Vortigern and Saber Alter both had the image of an usurper.

Also, Avalon. The scabbard was called The Scabbard of Excalibur, not Avalon. Avalon was the land of the faeries, where both the sword and the scabbard were made. Avalon, however, was a utopia, though Mordred was conceived there...
For those of you who don't know, it was Morganna (Morgan le Fay) who had a large hand in making the scabbard for her brother, and also getting rid of it when he refused to return it after defying the people of Avalon.

Kinda fun to pick the NPs apart
Old 2010-07-18, 17:41   Link #233
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

So, how good is this game on the PSP, really? Are the controls tricky on the handheld at all?
Old 2010-07-19, 08:21   Link #234
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
So, how good is this game on the PSP, really? Are the controls tricky on the handheld at all?
Yeah I'd like to know too. I have F/UC for PS2 but alas, no Japanese PS2 to play and I'd like to play it on PSP if it's playable.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-19, 08:29   Link #235
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

They've made the controls 'simpler' on PSP, but it feels really weird if you're a regular fighting gamer.

You also can't do the biggest combos anymore.

The PSP version is designed for FS/N visual novel fans and people who are not regular fighting gamers.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-19, 11:52   Link #236
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
The PSP version is designed for FS/N visual novel fans and people who are not regular fighting gamers.
That describes me but I like a good fighter game. But then again, it may be like the Gundam games and seeing the characters and all fighting may make up for the poor gameplay.
Old 2010-08-15, 00:03   Link #237
Yasanagi
A Drifter...
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Yasanagi
Sorry for thread resurrection but is there a compiled list of all the story endings in the F/UC game? I only have some info from the TV Tropes FSN character page.

Thanks to 00-Raiser for hooking me up with the sig!
Yasanagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-11, 06:31   Link #238
Sovran

Anyone knows how to remove panels in-game on PS2 version? Or what files are responsible for them?
Sovran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-20, 08:55   Link #239
Thousand Mistress
Glory to the Wind!

Send a message via Yahoo to Thousand Mistress
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
They've made the controls 'simpler' on PSP, but it feels really weird if you're a regular fighting gamer.

You also can't do the biggest combos anymore.

True enough...
I managed to finish the entire F/UC...even the missions. I wanted all those biggest combos from the PS2, but sadly, I don't have a PS2 anymore >.<

The developers have removed a lot of things from the original game in the PSP version I think?
Old 2011-02-16, 05:47   Link #240
Rag

Don't have a PSP (I'm a DS user), but since this TYPE-MOON I must ask if getting this game is worth buying a new system.
Rag is offline   Reply With Quote