Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-04-11, 09:43   Link #1
Gaia
ROW! ROW! FIGHT DA POWAH!
*Graphic Designer

Yuri/Shoujo Ai Anime

Hello,

I've finished Kannazuki no Miko and never imagined, that Yuri/Shoujo Ai could be so lovely. The deep feelings between Chikane and Himeko were very moving.
Are there anime comparable to Kannazuki no Miko? One character taking the "heroic part" (like Chikane) the other one the "fragile part" (like Himeko) would be nice to see. The characters shouldn't be to young (like Kashimashi's), since I dislike it in a way.
Some action would also be nice, to add some balance. Suggestions are appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Aesir
Old 2007-04-11, 10:45   Link #2
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Well, seeing that you like high school students in a yuri/shoujo-ai mood, I recommend watching Maria-sama ga Miteru Season 1, Season 2, and the OVA sequel for it. Unlike KnM, this one doesn't really have an obvious actual girl x girl romance like kissing (except for some parts in season 1). If you really want a really good shoujo-ai anime then watch Strawberry Panic, which really does emphasize on yuri; or a sci-fi/shoujo-ai anime Simoun. There's also another anime called Kyoshiro to Towa no Sora which I think is from the same makers as KnM with almost similar characters (i.e. Himiko x Kaon and their relationship). However, unlike KnM, it doesn't focus on shoujo-ai
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Old 2007-04-11, 11:50   Link #3
gknight
shounen ai

Send a message via ICQ to gknight Send a message via MSN to gknight
try Revolutionary Girl Utena, it's all about protector and protected.
and actually you might like shounen ai too, if you like that concept. (i recommend Sukisho)

i agree with the above about Simoun and Strawberry, liked them both (though didn't finish yet).
Old 2007-04-11, 11:54   Link #4
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Quote:
The characters shouldn't be to young (like Kashimashi's), since I dislike it in a way.
Good luck trying to find some yuri anime with characters who are not teenagers. You will need it.

Anyway, you can try Mai-HiME, it has lots of action, interesting characters with some clear yuri and lots of undertones. Simoun has lots of yuri and it's a great series with a lot of character development and some decent action.

Old 2007-04-12, 17:39   Link #5
Shana

You can try with Venus Versus Virus, its Shoujo Ai, i think. Yami to Boushi to hon no tabibito from the same creator of Kannazuki no Miko. Saint October are some Shoujo Ai.

And the other, are mencioned .
Old 2007-04-12, 18:07   Link #6
jedinat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Shana View Post
You can try with Venus Versus Virus, its Shoujo Ai, i think.
Is this really and truly yuri? I will try and watch it if it is, but otherwise it gets some pretty crappy ratings, and the first episode didn't impress.
Old 2007-04-12, 18:09   Link #7
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedinat View Post
Is this really and truly yuri? I will try and watch it if it is, but otherwise it gets some pretty crappy ratings, and the first episode didn't impress.
No. It's just a close relationship between Lucia x Sumire (like sisters or something) but nothing too intimate. So I won't count this as a yuri.
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Old 2007-04-13, 07:54   Link #8
Kleo Scanti
Urd Fangirl

I second YamiBoushi here. For KanoMiko fan it's the best choice. Mai HiME/Otome are not really yuri/shoujo-ai, but there are lesbian characters in both (and a lot of possible couples for fan-shipping), and the series are really good.
Closed Thread