AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Sakurasou

Notices

View Poll Results: Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo - Episode 21 Rating
Perfect 10 18 36.73%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 13 26.53%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 28.57%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 6.12%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 2.04%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-03-04, 21:06   Link #21
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayid View Post
You are 100% right. That is the logic of this world. There is no one in this world who is the best, there is always someone better than you are and there is always someone worser than you are.

There is no justificaation to Sorata his behavior. You are 100% right about that. The thing i hate most about this anime. Form episode 1 till now not 1 time did he apoligize for this behavior. It is like the animators say to the expecator screw you this is the right logic
To be true, i cant't stand people like that. And realistic or not, Sorata is not really likeable to me. His problems are extrenmely trivial compared to the problems other people heave and he has even the nerve to treat Shiina like that because she is better than him? How low of him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orpheus2 View Post
Easier said than done for some. Especially true for those who spent most their lives working hard to accomplish something for themselves only for their efforts to be wasted due to talented managed to do so with less effort.

In a way, Kanda's character development would be letting go truly his inner resentment towards those who are talented.
Sounds like a petty excuse to treat the better person badly... There is just no justification for behavior like that.
Old 2013-03-04, 21:11   Link #22
novalysis

Sakurasou is written and built upon First World Problems, if you think about it carefully to begin with, so I'm not sure what point you are trying to make by claiming his problems are trivial.

In-fact, this show should be called: First World Problems, the anime, if you are willing to take a certain point of view.

And yes, I think it's clear from his facial expressions that he knew he screwed things up infront of Shiina, by reminding Shiina of her own main problem: the fact that she tends to put everyone in the shade, by sheer absurd talent.
Old 2013-03-04, 21:18   Link #23
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
Sakuraso is written and built upon First World Problems, if you think about it carefully to begin with, so I'm not sure what point you are trying to make by claiming his problems are trivial.
Even for a first world problem, it's just extremely trivial. That is the reason why it is annoying me.

Quote:
And yes, I think it's clear from his facial expressions that he knew he screwed things up infront of Shiina, by reminding Shiina of her own main problem: the fact that she tends to put everyone in the shade, by sheer absurd talent.
Knowing it and still doing it makes it even worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundrakkon View Post
When it rains, it pours.

Another dramatic episode, with rain as a huge focus. It is like the world is crying with them.

Mashiro really is innocent in all this, yet she, as usual, gets the blame for breathing. She helps Sorata to increase his chances for the game, but for her efforts, he ends up jealous again. No good deed goes unpunished, I guess. So now, she ends up having to sacrifice herself for the sake of her loved ones.

Yes, Sorata and Nanami had things that were very painful and sad for them. The world really is unfair. So what can you do? Give up? Or fight back with all your might? I think a good lesson to be learned is that if you cannot achieve something on your own (genius people), then you can achieve something great if you work together with the strengths of each person. That was shown during the school festival. That will also probably be key for how things can work out in the future.

So the company rejected Sorata? How about the Sakurasou gang put together a competing product and put the company to shame? Yes, it can be difficult, but it is still a possibility.
Nice post.

For all I care, Aoyama can have him. At the momen he is not worthy of Shiina's love. She is just too good for him and with people like Aoyama, he has no reason to feel inferior at all. It's just too bad too bad for her that he doesn't feel like that for her.

Last edited by Dauerlutscher; 2013-03-04 at 21:33.
Old 2013-03-04, 21:40   Link #24
HandofFate

Following the title of series, just marry Aoyoma, and keep Mashiro as a pet.
Old 2013-03-04, 21:42   Link #25
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

If life isn't fair for people without talent, then there's no reason why that life should be fair for people with talent.

So in that sense, life is fair after all?
Old 2013-03-04, 21:52   Link #26
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
If life isn't fair for people without talent, then there's no reason why that life should be fair for people with talent.

I have to agree there.

I like thundrakkon's solution. Start your own company/business with friends who you can trust and supplement your lack of talent to show up those who rejected your hard work.
Old 2013-03-04, 21:53   Link #27
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Nanami finally cracked. Figures Sorata would react that way, the guy can't grow up a bit. Well Mashiro leaving was expected.
Old 2013-03-04, 21:55   Link #28
demonkevy666

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayid View Post
I dont understand the reactions of some people. Mashiro is an innocent girl. She didnt have a normal life and is not social. Sorata knows that very good. Every time i see him getting frustrated at her i feel sorry for Mashiro because she cant do nothing about it. And we know she is a bit authestic so why blaming her it is just frustrating to blame someone for being better than you. I hate that kind of people the most.

But instead he always blames her if he gots rejected. If someone behaves this way then he just is a jerk and immature. Also why does she get the blame? she is talented and Sorata is not, SO LIFE WITH IT OR GO F... YOURSELF SORATA.

That is why this world is just crazy, if someone is better than you i normaly say wow man you are fucking good. And i enjoy watching that guy or girl showing his or her talent. Messi is the best soccer player. Should i then cry and scream about it because i cant be better than he is?

And also the last episodes they kept bitching about nanami, nanami and nanami. They totaly forget mashiro and her feelings and they havent gave her devolpment. Why dont they change the damn title to sakurasao no nanami? because what the f... could they do in 3 episodes?
jealous and envy, to me it's just immaturity.

I do agree that Mashrio is having hard time with understanding most things.
Old 2013-03-04, 22:08   Link #29
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
What a freaking disaster. I had a feeling things wouldn't go smoothly in this episode, but didn't expect it all to go bad at once.

Let's face it the episode just sucked for all of Mashiro, Aoyama, and Sorata. Just in different ways. Aoyama had a terrible episode because she finally just broke down. Not her fault, just finally she couldn't take it. Just crying silently in class, then going outside and finally losing it. Everything just came out as she was left feeling like it was all meaningless. Can only imagine the agony of giving everything for all that time and failing.

Not great for Sorata either. Fails in the end against a similar game type. Sadly his game is more interesting but the other one is a safer bet. The money became the deciding factor and his game could bomb if it wasn't perfect. Boom or bust, with the boom being a higher ceiling likely than what he lost to. Then throw some salt in the wounds with the letter to Mashiro. I wasn't surprised with how he reacted, I was just grimacing when it happened. Cause you knew he couldn't hide his reaction to something like that so suddenly. He feels bad, but is already at a low that he can't react quickly to it.

Mashiro wasn't shot down in the same way, but she was still hurt. Feeling responsible for this situation, failing to save Sakurasou through the petitions, seeing Sorata and Aoyama in the rain, and then Sorata's words at the end. A series of small things that build up into a pretty painful result. Seeing the only way to make things better being for her to leave.

Just sucks for sure. Failure hurts and it just sucks to see how this all happened to them. I don't want to see any of these characters hurting, but there you have it.
Old 2013-03-04, 22:09   Link #30
SQA

Quote:

False premise. Outcomes in life are the result of physics and the choices of yourself and everyone else on the planet.

Anyway, Sorata was being a whiny bitch, again. The series is pretty bad when he's being like that; when he isn't, it's pretty enjoyable.

Oh, and someone really needs to slap some sense into him, and most of the cast for that matter. The cast is between 16 and 18 years olds. They've not worked long enough to fail from a lack of talent, so get over yourself, figure out what you need to improve (which is a lot) and go at it again.

Ryuunosuke continues to be the only person in the cast that's made an attempt at growing up. Good in him, sir.
Old 2013-03-04, 22:32   Link #31
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
What a freaking disaster. I had a feeling things wouldn't go smoothly in this episode, but didn't expect it all to go bad at once.

Let's face it the episode just sucked for all of Mashiro, Aoyama, and Sorata. Just in different ways. Aoyama had a terrible episode because she finally just broke down. Not her fault, just finally she couldn't take it. Just crying silently in class, then going outside and finally losing it. Everything just came out as she was left feeling like it was all meaningless. Can only imagine the agony of giving everything for all that time and failing.

Not great for Sorata either. Fails in the end against a similar game type. Sadly his game is more interesting but the other one is a safer bet. The money became the deciding factor and his game could bomb if it wasn't perfect. Boom or bust, with the boom being a higher ceiling likely than what he lost to. Then throw some salt in the wounds with the letter to Mashiro. I wasn't surprised with how he reacted, I was just grimacing when it happened. Cause you knew he couldn't hide his reaction to something like that so suddenly. He feels bad, but is already at a low that he can't react quickly to it.

Mashiro wasn't shot down in the same way, but she was still hurt. Feeling responsible for this situation, failing to save Sakurasou through the petitions, seeing Sorata and Aoyama in the rain, and then Sorata's words at the end. A series of small things that build up into a pretty painful result. Seeing the only way to make things better being for her to leave.

Just sucks for sure. Failure hurts and it just sucks to see how this all happened to them. I don't want to see any of these characters hurting, but there you have it.
Very well put, sir.
Where is 1+ rep option when you need it.

I got the slight feeling that seeing Mashiro success in getting the front cover may have slightly helped pushed Aoyama to finally just broke down.
Another is that ever since the episode Kazuki Fujisawa asked Sorata if he could get Mashiro to do the illustrations for his game, I had a feeling that this was going to happen. Which was why Sorata may have been reluctant to ask Mashiro to do them.
Old 2013-03-04, 22:38   Link #32
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
Very well put, sir.
Where is 1+ rep option when you need it.

I got the slight feeling that seeing Mashiro success in getting the front cover may have slightly helped pushed Aoyama to finally just broke down.
Another is that ever since the episode Kazuki Fujisawa asked Sorata if he could get Mashiro to do the illustrations for his game, I had a feeling that this was going to happen. Which was why Sorata may have been reluctant to ask Mashiro to do them.
Thank you kindly .

I agree that seeing Mashiro get the cover didn't help and probably did help push Aoyama over the edge.

With Mashiro doing the visuals I felt like it was going to be a lose/lose scenario. If it passes he'd feel like it was only because of Mashiro and not his game. But if it failed he'd feel like his game must have been terrible to still fail even with Mashiro's designs. Was caught offguard by the offer to have her be a character designer for the company. A different way to hit Sorata.
Old 2013-03-04, 22:39   Link #33
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Oh my god I finally saw the episode- Please tell me where the flying hell did Sorata blamed Shiina for anything?! That out-burst was to himself, to the unfair world, to pretty much anything else except directly at Shiina.
Old 2013-03-04, 22:44   Link #34
CommanderChaos

It's true mashiro was innocent, but I think people are trying to compare sorata to themselves, to make sorata look like a bad character, when those situations aren't even in the same scale. Like the whole "there is always gonna be someone better than you, so deal with it." That phrase is way easier said than done, and is something I feel are said by people who don't understand the hardships of what they're putting off as no big deal. He's just been shit upon by the world, and of course he would be upset. That's life. Any normal person who was just shit on by life would be upset, and of course it's extremely difficult to keep your anger inside. Mashiro is innocent yes, but that doesn't necessarily mean sorata should be bashed to oblivion. kanda would feel jealousy toward Shiina, because it's a natural thing. If someone was better than you in something you don't necessarily work hard for, of course you would just admire them. But if you're going for the same goal, at least a slight feeling of jealousy is inevitable.

In a way, kanda is developing. He has taken his inspiration from Shiina, and decided to achieve his goals. He went from simply admiring everyone who work hard, to feeling jealousy, because he's trying to achieve the same goal of working hard to achieve something. But of course life isn't as fair to normal people. This show truly captures the realism and hardships of life, as well as conflicts and relationships of those with different mind sets. It's a very captivating show, with the concept of realism and character interactions of geniuses and normal people. I live with an autistic sister, so I can understand what sorata is going through. It's quite frustrating, and very hard to keep your temper down at times. But at the same time my sister is suffering from isolation, because of her struggle to communicate, as well as a lack of friends, due to being a minority group.

Last edited by CommanderChaos; 2013-03-04 at 23:33.
Old 2013-03-04, 22:46   Link #35
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

What treatment? Did you see that last scene? Not once was Sorata addressing Shiina directly at all.
Old 2013-03-04, 22:58   Link #36
CommanderChaos

True. I guess I said it wrong. Tbh, I don't know why people think sorata was blaming Shiina. He wasn't really talking directly towards Shiina
Old 2013-03-04, 23:05   Link #37
The Green One

I really have to join the people defending Sorata this time. He had very legitimate reasons to be upset this time. Do you know what it feels like to put months of hard work and long hours into a huge project? Then to see all that effort come up short and leave you with nothing? It's not a good feeling. Depression, frustration, and anger are all normal responses.

It's one thing for Sorata to fail because he wasn't good enough, but the episode pretty much outright says he lost because the other rythym game was reviewed first and he was passed over because they already decided to do the other game first. He lost for reasons completely out of his control. Yes that's going to feel EXTREMELY unfair.

But the real blow here was receiving that notice about a job offer for Mashiro due to her art. Her involvement was completely coincidental and just a supplement to the project as a whole. Yet she gets offered a job just like that the same day Sorata gets turned down. It would certainly feel like life wasn't content with knocking Sorata down, it had to give him a few kicks to the kidney while it was at it.

Let me make this clear. Mashiro is 100% innocent in this situation. It is not her fault in any way, shape, or form. Sorata even knows that, not once in his rant at the end did he ever attack her verbally. All that pain, anger, and frustration over the emotional heartbreak of his failure, the revelations about Nanami, and the fact that he slept through the final day of the petition to save Sakurasou only to wake up afterward to find out it had failed utterly had finally reached the critical point and he couldn't take anymore. He had to let it out and vent just like Nanami did earlier in the EXACT SAME WAY.

We sure don't see anyone demonizing Nanami here. I wonder why?

When Mashiro reacted and thought that she was to blame for this, due to the issue about her being a manga aritist instead of a regular artist, Sorata's response if you looked at his face was clear surprise that very clearly said, "That's not what I meant!", it couldn't be any clearer if he had said the words himself.

Bottom line here, this time it's not Sorata's fault so cut the poor kid some slack, he had a VERY bad day, and not everyone is so perfect that they can just hold it in like that. It's more than a little unfair to blame him for this.
Old 2013-03-04, 23:23   Link #38
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
What treatment? Did you see that last scene? Not once was Sorata addressing Shiina directly at all.
Yeah did people watch the same episode I did?
He didn't say anything to Shiina like last time and he's not even mad at Shiina.

He's mad at a gaming company that gave him false hopes and made him waste his time when in fact all they were interested in was Shiina's art.
Old 2013-03-04, 23:23   Link #39
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I'm very certain this is a case of people just taking what one person had said and running off with their own conclusion.

Any reasonable person who have actually seen this episode knows that Sorata never directed his rage at Shiina.
Old 2013-03-04, 23:27   Link #40
The Green One

Quote:
I'm very certain this is a case of people just taking what one person had said and running off with their own conclusion.

Any reasonable person who have actually seen this episode knows that Sorata never directed his rage at Shiina.
The key word has been spotted.

But it is heartening to see that most people have been reasonable so far.
Closed Thread