AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga > To Aru... Railgun [M/LN]

Notices

Old 2013-06-29, 22:14   Link #641
Haigon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerroth View Post
Does the gap between the end of the Sisters Arc and the onset of whatever happens next in the Railgun manga include the time in which

Spoiler for Index:
Spoiler for Index:
Haigon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-29, 22:49   Link #642
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

There is about one week between the end of Sisters Arc, to the start of Angel Fall.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-29, 23:14   Link #643
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Actually, I don't really believe that Mikoto swapped her appearance with Touma's cousin. As I had noticed in the anime, those who swapped appearances also swapped their total height as well--Index is definitely taller when Touma strangles her, as she has Aogami's appearance.

Little Otohime, on the other hand... er, remained little. I bet in actuality she swapped her appearance with Last Order, and Touma just couldn't really tell the difference at the time because he'd never met her at that point.
Old 2013-06-29, 23:42   Link #644
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I know. Shiina had Index's height while she was under the effects of Angel Fall, which further reinforces my point. >.>

Anyways. For the original story we're supposed to get, I wouldn't be terribly surprised if it involves Mikoto meeting Last Order. I haven't gotten that far in the novels, but during the Penalty Game, Mikoto sure as hell didn't look terribly surprised to see another clone of herself half her size, so I'm guessing that they already met at some point.
Old 2013-06-30, 00:05   Link #645
Haigon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
I know. Shiina had Index's height while she was under the effects of Angel Fall, which further reinforces my point. >.>

Anyways. For the original story we're supposed to get, I wouldn't be terribly surprised if it involves Mikoto meeting Last Order. I haven't gotten that far in the novels, but during the Penalty Game, Mikoto sure as hell didn't look terribly surprised to see another clone of herself half her size, so I'm guessing that they already met at some point.
Ah, forget it, I misinterpreted your point
Haigon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-30, 00:25   Link #646
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:

I think you guys are giving the first season too much credit with regard to the heights of characters, but maybe you are right

What was happening in AC when appearances were switched It would be nice to know. I don't see why they couldn't just say "1 week later." We already had that happen in the manga at least once.

I wonder what the anime original is going to cover. I really hope that it does something with some oomph. As long as they also have LA city I don't mind that much.

The reason I'm expecting it is because the announcement that said that there would be an anime original arc mentioned summer and swimsuits: this would seem to correlate to Liberal Arts City arc, right? They wouldn't just do one?
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-30, 07:28   Link #647
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Quote:

Well of Mikoto had run into Last Order she wouldn't have had to chase after Accelerator so I doubt it.

Also Uiharu met Last Order for the first time in volume 15 so I doubt they will meet now (unless JC staff stops caring about continuity). Maybe Last Order will meet Kuroko who will obsess over her and unknowingly send her on her way to Accelerator.
Old 2013-06-30, 17:48   Link #648
Primary Consult

This anime original story everyone seems to be fearing... where did they say it would run to the end of the season?

It could be one or two episodes starring Kuroko with the remainder being LA city. Since that arc focuses on Saten and Mikoto, an anime-original 2 episode Kuroko arc makes sense to balance everyone out.
Primary Consult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-30, 17:54   Link #649
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primary Consult View Post
This anime original story everyone seems to be fearing... where did they say it would run to the end of the season?

It could be one or two episodes starring Kuroko with the remainder being LA city. Since that arc focuses on Saten and Mikoto, an anime-original 2 episode Kuroko arc makes sense to balance everyone out.
Because they have given us no reason to trust them to do otherwise.

Plus the way they keep going on about the feel of a "relaxing first season", not only in that article but several before, tells me that they REALLY like their first season work.
Old 2013-06-30, 18:33   Link #650
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Because they have given us no reason to trust them to do otherwise.

Plus the way they keep going on about the feel of a "relaxing first season", not only in that article but several before, tells me that they REALLY like their first season work.
I agree with Primary Consult. This was what I was thinking. We don't need to assume that it'll be the entire second cour. I mean they even mentioned the beach and referred to the trip so many times already. Plus, episodes 8, 9, 10 and the fact that this season has already adapted a fair amount of things from light novels, (why wouldn't they adapt a Railgun light novel? ). It seems very plausible because they've worked as hard as to put in all this extra material that we didn't get the first time. They did a decent job.

I think we'll get LA city afterwards. What made it clear to me was episode 1. The flying... hint hint lol. That was an obvious and direct reference and then they went and mentioned the place like 6 times. I think it's fairly clear that the second cour will be nice.

2nd thing: when I think of season 1 I think of the highlights. Mikoto meeting Touma. Mikoto fighting Kiyama and episodes 22, 23, 24. Those 5 episodes made season 1 good. That slow pacing doesn't bother me as long as they end the season with something completely unexpected. After all the work they have done this season and made the animations so pretty, why are you still being skeptical. They obviously seem to care about Railgun S. There is also Kamachi-sensei keeping them in line. Plus, I think there's a good chance we might see someone like Sunazura Chimitsu. Even though originally, we heard that the railgun editor recommended this, we heard it was a no... I don't think stuff like that is out of the picture. There were apparently a few really good ideas for what would come next. If Shiage or Styl are there I'll be happy. If Index is there, that's expected... I mean she already sang for them so why not voice act as well?

I want an anime original with Gunha. It would make me happy. I mean he was mentioned once (later on) does that count? Also, I don't see it out of the realm of possibility. Anyways, in the very very worst case. If Kamachi reviews everything in the completely anime original story, then we have some more world-building, which really isn't so bad.

@Chaos: Season 1 was popular and they managed to sell pretty well. It was good back then. I still like it, but the graphics are *not up to par compared to this season* oh yeah and the OST and the storyline and the ............................................... I'll stop now.

Plus: back then the railgun manga didn't seem like it was going to be as popular as it is now even in the US so they want to put way more effort into it I'm guessing
Old 2013-06-30, 18:41   Link #651
Sasukeuzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilidsor View Post
Well of Mikoto had run into Last Order she wouldn't have had to chase after Accelerator so I doubt it.

Also Uiharu met Last Order for the first time in volume 15 so I doubt they will meet now (unless JC staff stops caring about continuity). Maybe Last Order will meet Kuroko who will obsess over her and unknowingly send her on her way to Accelerator.
Well Mikoto saw Last Order in Index 2 at the underground mall. Made me LOL
Sasukeuzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-30, 20:02   Link #652
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Does anyone think Meigo might be the one-shot character who appears? I mean she was in that one special chapter (is that a one-shot?) That was to advertise the endymion manga/movie in Railgun. So... I'm not sure if that counts. It would be nice seeing a (better looking version of the psp) events for the science side. I wouldn't really mind that. Anyone think this is possible?

Evidence= She's doing the ending?

And *cough* they've been showing Endymion more than they've needed to lol.

Just like the LA references, I think it's possible we'll get something with both. That would make me happy.
Old 2013-06-30, 20:58   Link #653
mark1246

Since this is the anime spoilers discussion, these are things I hope they explain in the anime that they couldn't do in the manga, Example: they explain what happen to Harumi and a closure to her story. I Really Hope they explain what EVER HAPPEN TO Shinobu. I mean she just got caught by Item and that was it. ......Ok Kamachi, you just kill her off like that. Ok being serious I hope in those last arc they put in the last 4-5 episode, they explain what ever happen to her, Because I would like to know what Happen.
mark1246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-30, 21:45   Link #654
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark1246 View Post
Since this is the anime spoilers discussion, these are things I hope they explain in the anime that they couldn't do in the manga, Example: they explain what happen to Harumi and a closure to her story. I Really Hope they explain what EVER HAPPEN TO Shinobu. I mean she just got caught by Item and that was it. ......Ok Kamachi, you just kill her off like that. Ok being serious I hope in those last arc they put in the last 4-5 episode, they explain what ever happen to her, Because I would like to know what Happen.
This is true too. But I would like to see either Shiage or Meigo (who I feel has a decent chance as well as Index and Gunha). Then again, if we see Shiage he will most likely be hated even more... so I'm not sure I want to see that...

Out of curiosity, I was thinking about why Accelerator praised the clones performing their actions silently. It felt much different in the anime than what I got from that statement in the manga. I feel like he actually meant it as a compliment in the anime. Does anyone else agree with this?

Oh yeah most importantly!!!:

I feel like the extended conversation in episode 12 with MISAKA 10032 and Touma was actually justified in retrospect. It would be too short for her to suddenly admire Touma and help him with saving her if she didn't know more about his character and personality. I think the extended moments we saw here make her helping Touma in episode 15 much more justified and possible. She says later that she doesn't understand what Mikoto is trying to say, but the words resonated with her. This is what I feel like the emotional development in the MISAKA network is being used for-- by learning emotions they become human in their thinking and are finally able to sympathize with others. Just like how they can sympathize with a cat and know how to feel sorry, this is why she will be sorry for Mikoto/Touma, understand Mikoto's sadness, and help them. (I just realized this lol), but it makes the logical development of emotions make much more sense in hindsight for setting up episode 15 (anyone agree with this?)
Old 2013-07-01, 20:28   Link #655
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Killing Shinobu is one thing- but they can also give her surgery to change her face and modify her body with cybernetics, use drugs and testament to wipe her memories and change her thought pattern.

Essentially making her into someone else entirely.

Kamachi is no butcher, but a simple series shows that this is not above him.
Old 2013-07-02, 01:47   Link #656
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Killing Shinobu is one thing- but they can also give her surgery to change her face and modify her body with cybernetics, use drugs and testament to wipe her memories and change her thought pattern.

Essentially making her into someone else entirely.

Kamachi is no butcher, but a simple series shows that this is not above him.
Is simple series a criticism or complement? I think that Kamachi purposely writes complicated, well-developed plots. So... I feel like he easily could put it in there for completeness, but that it is unnecessary if he deems so it for now. He is a master writer after all
Old 2013-07-02, 18:15   Link #657
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

A simple survey.

A simple monitor.

Hence its call the simple series.
Old 2013-07-04, 19:59   Link #658
zaeraal

http://news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000/666/666974/
Preview for the Next Episode is out.

zaeraal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-04, 20:10   Link #659
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Oops, time to bring on the photoshop brigade

I bet for the extra twist of the knife in tomorrow's episode they'll flashback Mikoto rejecting 10031 right before Accelerator splatters her.
Old 2013-07-05, 01:37   Link #660
Shadrala
Level 5 Railgun Stalker

I can't wait to see this bit animated next episode:

Spoiler for Scary Psycho Mikoto D:!:

And I know I'm not the only one...
Shadrala is offline   Reply With Quote