AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-10-02, 06:33   Link #201
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator

So, years ago I hated To Love-ru because it felt like a lot of nonsense that kept introducing new characters and chasing its own tail. Then I learned to just enjoy the fanservice and here I am now. It's quite nice to have a harem series that actually wants to go toward a harem end yea ?
Decagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-02, 14:00   Link #202
Nvis
Where are the good animes

How much time has passed in the story from the first TLR to this TLR?

Momo and Nana seem a bit taller than before, but still shorter than Rito. Lala's as tall as Rito........
and Nana actually seems to have a bust in the colored picture().....maybe those breast enlargement techniques she and Haruna did in the first manga seemed to pay off.....
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-02, 16:47   Link #203
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
How much time has passed in the story from the first TLR to this TLR?
I'd be surprised if we don't find out in the first chapter.
Old 2010-10-03, 00:37   Link #204
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
I would guess a year at tops... maybe six months?

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-03, 03:02   Link #205
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Spoiler provider said they're still second-years, so only a few weeks/months have passed. Nana, Momo and Mea are first-years (class B).
Old 2010-10-03, 05:38   Link #206
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

OMG!!! just saw the spoilers! XD

Wow this is more intense than To Love Ru itself. I think the younger the naughtier.
Old 2010-10-03, 05:54   Link #207
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

What ? so the chapter has come out ?
Just read the spoiler pics...that Rito's harem pics somehow reminds me of Daimaou

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-03, 07:53   Link #208
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Mangastream announced they won't scanlate To Love-ru, it's apparently too hardcore for them. Now, it'd be nice if they shared the raw with other groups or everyone, it looks like they've had it since friday. Translation is up on mangahelpers by the way.

Spoiler for Ch 01:
Old 2010-10-03, 08:06   Link #209
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
^
Spoiler for reply:
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-03, 08:35   Link #210
Freeter
beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Mangastream announced they won't scanlate To Love-ru, it's apparently too hardcore for them.
BOOOOOO

They actually thought it was going to be censored? Apparently they haven't been doing their homework, since they've had months to check out MNO.

Quote:
Translation is up on mangahelpers by the way.

Spoiler for Ch 01:
Spoiler for ch 01:
Old 2010-10-03, 08:50   Link #211
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeter View Post
They actually thought it was going to be censored?
No, they've said that it's a bit hardcore for them. It's totally understand why they've decide not to translated it when you read their statement on it.
Old 2010-10-03, 09:20   Link #212
Freeter
beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
No, they've said that it's a bit hardcore for them. It's totally understand why they've decide not to translated it when you read their statement on it.
The quote in question:

"Our expectations for TLR (that it would be censored like it was in WSJ) were off

...it's not really our style to scanlate a borderline h-manga"

Tolove has always been about pushing the envelope, which would have been apparent to anyone who followed the series. And expecting censorship when the author did a series in the same magazine very recently with wall-to-wall nudity proves that these guys didn't do their research before hastily announcing to do it.

They probably got swept up in the TLR revival hype and wanted to score some brownie points. Hopefully they'll learn their lesson from this and choose their future series more wisely.
Old 2010-10-03, 09:43   Link #213
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

So whose gonna scanlate this?

The new girl here is "interesting"
Old 2010-10-03, 09:51   Link #214
Freeter
beyond

CXC Scans might pick it up, and since they've been doing Overrun I doubt they'll chicken out at the last minute.
Old 2010-10-03, 10:03   Link #215
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

It's not so bad. While Mangastream is good with the timing and quality of their releases, I don't exactly like the idea of watermarks on an ecchi-manga.

Plus with the load of stuff they've been doing lately, their frequency has dropped a wee bit. Better a bit of breathing room to prevent overburning. Patience is golden.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-03, 10:09   Link #216
wingman32x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Mangastream announced they won't scanlate To Love-ru, it's apparently too hardcore for them. Now, it'd be nice if they shared the raw with other groups or everyone, it looks like they've had it since friday. Translation is up on mangahelpers by the way.
This makes me want to read it even more. It either really IS borderline H, or mangastream is overreacting. My mind is on the latter right now. Borderline H has such a loose definition these days. It used to just be used for real borderline series like Aki Sora, Koibana Onsen, Haru Yo Koi, Yomeiro Choice, Sense, etc. But now it seems like people use it when they see seinen level ecchi or nudity...
wingman32x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-03, 10:11   Link #217
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingman32x View Post
This makes me want to read it even more. It either really IS borderline H, or mangastream is overreacting. My mind is on the latter right now. Borderline H has such a loose definition these days. It used to just be used for real borderline series like Aki Sora, Koibana Onsen, Haru Yo Koi, Yomeiro Choice, Sense, etc. But now it seems like people use it when they see seinen level ecchi or nudity...

Sense and Aki Sora are practically h, much less borderline.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-03, 10:23   Link #218
wingman32x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post

Sense and Aki Sora are practically h, much less borderline.
But they aren't full H, though. They run in Seinen mags and show nothing below the belt.

That is my interpretation of borderline H. Series that are right at the line between Seinen/Mature and Hentai.
wingman32x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-03, 10:42   Link #219
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
The quote in question:

"Our expectations for TLR (that it would be censored like it was in WSJ) were off

Tolove has always been about pushing the envelope, which would have been apparent to anyone who followed the series. And expecting censorship when the author did a series in the same magazine very recently with wall-to-wall nudity proves that these guys didn't do their research before hastily announcing to do it.

They probably got swept up in the TLR revival hype and wanted to score some brownie points. Hopefully they'll learn their lesson from this and choose their future series more wisely.
This is border-line H?

They certainly are pushing the bar though. Rito is probably even more undeserving too.
Old 2010-10-03, 10:57   Link #220
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
The quote in question:

Someone obviously has something against Mangastream . Personally i don't see why it matters if they're going against scanning, i mean we still have CXC Scans.

This just makes me want to read it all the more anyway . Gonna stay away from just the translation, because a have a feeling it won't be long until the two join together!

Last edited by Shiroth; 2010-10-03 at 11:26.
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ecchi, fake harem, harem, manga, nudity, romance, sci-fi, shounen