AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-01-17, 00:55   Link #501
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
Good god episode 15 was terrible. I'm just about ready to drop this and maybe go read the manga instead, but I'll try and see if I can finish at least this season.

Apparently it was a filler episode, which explains a lot.
Personally I found it to be one of the best episodes so far in a series that I have really liked so far, and this is coming from a manga reader. I've been craving to take a peek at Azuki's POV, something that the manga has been sorely lacking, and the anime delivered.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-17, 07:33   Link #502
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Yes, most of the Azuki portion is anime-original. Thing is, I don't see how it's "filler" or what have you.

Allow me to be straight; in the manga, Azuki is little more than a plot point for the most part. I've been thinking this for a while now, but Kasai really seems to be doing what he can to make Azuki more of a character, and less of a plot point. I'll give him kudos for that, especially seeing how he really does succeed in fleshing out what would otherwise have been a rather flat character to an extent.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-17, 12:17   Link #503
Pkdor999

Eiji and Kaya makes this anime, its impresive how these "supporting" characters hold most of the charisma and keep the serie fresh...
Pkdor999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-17, 12:33   Link #504
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Personally I found it to be one of the best episodes so far in a series that I have really liked so far, and this is coming from a manga reader. I've been craving to take a peek at Azuki's POV, something that the manga has been sorely lacking, and the anime delivered.
I agree. I've always been disappointed that Azuki was relegated to the rank of supporting character (that almost never even appears in person) so I'm glad to see the anime is exploring her POV.

I have a complaint about this episode, however: they removed what I thought was an interesting scene from the manga. It was Azuki's audition (if you can even call it that) for Visual Academy whatever. It was shown that Azuki only got the role thanks to her looks. The producer (?) entered the studio, took a quick look at the girls and decided she should get a role no matter what. I suppose the anime staff chose to remove this scene because people might get the wrong idea, Hayami Saori herself is also very very pretty after all. Of course, one could also see the very act of removing this scene as an unwitting admission of their guilt, fufu...
Old 2011-01-17, 14:06   Link #505
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
Yes, most of the Azuki portion is anime-original. Thing is, I don't see how it's "filler" or what have you.

Allow me to be straight; in the manga, Azuki is little more than a plot point for the most part. I've been thinking this for a while now, but Kasai really seems to be doing what he can to make Azuki more of a character, and less of a plot point. I'll give him kudos for that, especially seeing how he really does succeed in fleshing out what would otherwise have been a rather flat character to an extent.
"Fleshing out" supporting characters with mediocre material instead of adapting the actual interesting and plot-relevant stuff is hardly deserving of kudos IMO. I'd much rather have plot device Azuki that doesn't get much panel time than this dull and insipid "more of a character" version of her.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-17, 18:01   Link #506
tera_ha

this anime does drag but to be honest i don't mind it at all. i just love this anime
Old 2011-01-19, 22:15   Link #507
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Page 14. Battle and Copying

Yes, the opening got updated, and we got ourselves a new ending, which unfortunately doesn't showcase another character meaning the anime will not be heading that far into the manga.

Anyways, Niizuma Eiji at Jump's was the sure-hit highlight.

It brought upon both Mashiro and Takagi a new dimension about their currently.
Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-22, 19:46   Link #508
Kallen4life

016 was pretty good, and that ending awwwww, sweet

the description of the manga reminded me of Panty & Stocking
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-23, 12:53   Link #509
ZGMF-X10A
Tsukiyomi -Moon Phase-

Send a message via MSN to ZGMF-X10A
The more and more I watch this anime, I think their final work will be a sequel of the super hero manga his uncle created. I have a feeling it's going to have some relation to their development in the future. The character design are different though so I'm not too sure how it'll work out.
Old 2011-01-23, 14:15   Link #510
kitten320

Finally at least Shujin and Miyoshi had taken things further! Maybe it will inspire Mashiro to re-think his desicions too.
Old 2011-01-23, 17:43   Link #511
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Spoiler for 16:
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-23, 22:51   Link #512
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Spoiler for 16:
Spoiler for 16:
Old 2011-01-23, 23:24   Link #513
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Spoiler for 16:
Spoiler for 16:
Old 2011-01-23, 23:46   Link #514
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Spoiler for 16:
Spoiler for character who hasn't appeared yet:
Old 2011-01-24, 07:55   Link #515
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Spoiler for 16:
Mine was Miyoshi's volleyball match

I'm still eager to see the next episode of course. Not just because of the new character, but because this is the point where the manga started going from simply "interesting" to "awesome, fun, and even more interesting" for me. Hopefully, the anime will do the new arc justice and won't plague it with romance.
Old 2011-01-24, 12:15   Link #516
kitten320

Quote:
Spoiler for 16:
Mashiro has no right to be pissed off about that considering how many times he had made desicions without even consulting Shujin first!

I would smack Mashiro much faster, Shujin was always following him, his whining and all other annoying stuff. Guy deserves a rest and some fun.

Besides that what writers block means, taking a break from writing and trying to do something else in hopes for some rest and inspiration.
Right now he got new experience which could be used in some way. After all he did ask Miyoshi to kick him in the past to get the feeling and understanding..
Old 2011-01-24, 12:54   Link #517
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Trust me, I'm a writer and I know from writer's block - it's brutal. Because I write and have no artistic talent whatsoever I actually identify much more with Takagi than Masahiro in that sense. I totally think Takagi was doing nothing wrong - it's just that from Masahiro's POV, not knowing how hard Takagi might have been working, it looks bad.

On the assistant thing, well - if I were Masahiro that would have bothered me. Despite being the one with the knowledge of the industry, it seems like Hattori is always running everything through Takagi first - it's always Takagi's phone he calls, always Takagi he addresses first when they meet. When the assistant thing came up, I think he should have called Masahiro and told him about it - and then qualified it by telling Masahiro to run it by Takagi and make sure it didn't pose a problem. It's a small distinction but important, I think - why should those two be deciding whether Masahiro should even be told about the job in the first place?
Old 2011-01-24, 18:46   Link #518
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Certainly the end could look pretty bad from Mashiro's point of view. Of course I don't care about any complaints on his part since his stubborn demands to go mainstream is why Takagi is hitting a wall right now. Mainstream battle mangas were never his strength and he's struggling to come up with something amazing.

It's good that he spent some time with Miyoshi. A good way to help him get away from just staring at paper and maybe come up with something. Plus it's good to spend time with Miyoshi who is in an awkward place. She's with Takagi and close to their work, but not part of it. Often gets the cold shoulder especially from Mashiro. Not sure if it's just feeling she's a distraction from the dream (him getting together with Azuki) or jealousy that Takagi has the ability to interact with his girlfriend. Regardless she doesn't have her own big dream which leaves her a bit separate. Think if she abandoned the idea that it has to be something feminine could easily aim for something in athletics since she's damn good at it.

Definitely a challenge for the Mashiro and Takagi team. Mashiro working as an assistant is pretty big, seeing Takagi in that state, and their inability to come up with something really good. Of course if they just went back to more dramatic cult series they'd probably be having an easier time.
Old 2011-01-24, 21:05   Link #519
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Page 15. Debut and Impatience

I consider this episode a very best one for important keynotes that Eiji randomly enlightened for our duo.

There's a true that for some mangakas the story moves thanks for the characters running freely out of the author's scope.

I recalled that Yagi-sensei, Claymore's mangaka, in the afterword for the last published volume of his previous manga, Angel Densetsu, commented to his fans that it wasn't him who created the world of that manga, rather the characters themselves made the world of the story.

Honestly, I cannot imagine how that type of mangakas actually make their characters to move by themselves without them to think deeply about. However, Hattori-san, made clear that there are as different mangaka types as well as manga styles.

So, hence, there are as well the manga stories staged from the very beginning by the other author types thinking ahead how every detail is going to impress the readers but disguising such subtleties so as the fans won't take notice about them. And that's the spectrum where Takagi and Mashiro fall into.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-24, 23:52   Link #520
Vicious108

Man I sure hope that little kiss isn't gonna be a cheap plot device for forced tension between Mashiro and Takagi. I can already imagine "How dare that bastard be out in the park at night snogging his girlfriend instead of writing my names! Grr!" and if it does happen, it's bound to be cringe worthy.

Other than that 16 was decent since it finally focused on the manga parts a little more. I sure hope they're not going anywhere with this "Miyoshi needs to have a dream too!" plot line though... couldn't care less about it tbqh.

Looking forward to seeing Fukuda. I haven't seen him that hyped in this topic actually. I just asked if he was close to showing up twice because he's going to be voiced by my favorite seiyuu.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, comic works, coming of age, shounen