AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-10-01, 23:33   Link #2081
iqamores

the bitter feeling that gives ones a deep feeling between pain and nerves, i must admidt "the NTR" is not for beginners and "child minds", although if we think that is good that the MC will make use of his harem and the heroin only can do it with him ... good if there is the voice of our internal macho into the brain.

I guess the key to overcoming the ntr phobia, is think: "i can make her back, I can do it better than him." and so.

Back to the subject I guess nobody wanted to respond the question for "takeda sisters pack". I will continue posting alone Y . Y, hate me for being Mexican.

we have a new translator, is a really good notice, less waiting time, i will continue studying to be next. the new anime season is promising, I donīt be bored.

Last edited by iqamores; 2012-10-02 at 10:00.
iqamores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-02, 07:21   Link #2082
Uran

I tried to read the novel and I took me an hour to get two pages. I think reaching vol 9 is going to be hard...

I think I'll have to resort some more on your summaries after all
Uran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-02, 20:15   Link #2083
chad001
Happy-End Totalitarian

On a more relevant topic: anyone have any ideas about the future of this series? I'm wondering when the Uesugi actually join in...

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2012-10-03 at 03:53.
chad001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-02, 20:30   Link #2084
Sumeragi
Banned

Probably in the next book or two. Assuming things still loosely follow RL history, it would be 1577 right now. The major difference from RL would be the survival of Shingen past 1573, and with Kenshin having kicked both Riku and Inuchiyo hard in volume 9, we'll inevitably have some sort of Battle of Tedorigawa happening soon.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-02, 20:30   Link #2085
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

The Light Novel follows history pretty closely so I expect major characters of the Sengoku to appear sooner or later. Though I am only aware of the most known ones like Hanzo, Takeda, and Nobunaga. Undertaker could shed some light on them. It is real interesting to know the background of the character where they are base from.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-02, 20:35   Link #2086
chad001
Happy-End Totalitarian

Yup. Though Kenshin's already-ambiguous gender has me befuddled for the future...
Old 2012-10-02, 20:38   Link #2087
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Hmm, Uesugi Kenshin one of the few who rivaled Takeda Shingen in history.
Old 2012-10-02, 20:39   Link #2088
chad001
Happy-End Totalitarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Hmm, Uesugi Kenshin one of the few who rivaled Takeda Shingen in history.
No, I mean, this series' author, Kasuga, just seems to pick genders at randoms, ie, some people are genderflipped, some art. So Kenshin who, historically, could be either.... So hard to predict 0.0

Last edited by chad001; 2012-10-02 at 21:05.
Old 2012-10-02, 20:42   Link #2089
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Oh, but still despite the Gender and everything, It works, everyone plays a rule and is balance.
Old 2012-10-02, 23:25   Link #2090
Murakumo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Probably in the next book or two. Assuming things still loosely follow RL history, it would be 1577 right now. The major difference from RL would be the survival of Shingen past 1573, and with Kenshin having kicked both Riku and Inuchiyo hard in volume 9, we'll inevitably have some sort of Battle of Tedorigawa happening soon.
now, where did I miss the Battle of Nagashino here....
Old 2012-10-03, 00:37   Link #2091
Undertaker

Tough to say if Battle of Nagashino is going to happen now that Shingen is alive and seem to be on friendly (or at least none-agressive) term with Nobuna.

My guess is that next phase would focus more on Uesugi and Mori and how Saru deal with them and once that happens it should dive right into Honnoji and that should be where everything come into focus whether the series ends there or continues on....

I got to say though, still not quite sure how Date plot plays into all of this considering his timeline was accelerated even faster than Nobuna's
Old 2012-10-03, 03:58   Link #2092
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Folks, please try to stay on topic. This time, only a handful of the more recent posts have been deleted.
Old 2012-10-03, 04:31   Link #2093
Uran

Well shouldn't Date take part in history far after Honnouji? So, maybe, if Date stays out of the play this time we could think of a continuation of the story past Honnouji and have the fated confrontation between Saru and Date? I guess Nobuna will be alive but Saru would have taken the lead by then. All of this if we'll get something to read, depending on the fan to be pleased by the resolution of Honnouji's Incident.
Uran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-03, 10:39   Link #2094
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
I believe Kenshin would be a girl.

After all Kenshin was the only one of the sengoku period warlords whose genre was in doubt.

Considering how much this LN turns males into girls it is very likely that Kenshin would be a girl too,

But more importantly - Takeda is a female. If LN would make Kenshin, the archrival of Takeda, a man then it would be a rivalry with some subtex of romance underneath and I dont think the author wants that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rantaid View Post
we have to admit the Takeda, the Uesugi and the Houjou are difficult enemies. So it is better to let those three rival clan destroy each other while Nobuna solidify her standing in West Japan to prepare against whoever left in East Japan.
East Japan has Mori and Shimazu who are not exactly pieces of cake either. None of them can rival Takeda though.

If Takeda at his time would have not needed to spend his attention on Kenshin and Houjou (with whom he had allience for some time) and later after the break of Imagawa clan, Tokugawa, Takeda could have been the one to unify Japan with all talentated generals he had.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-03, 18:18   Link #2095
iqamores

We are forgetting a few things that have not been solved yet.

the attempt on the life of Mitsuhide's mother.

the slaughter of the Iga ninja village by Nobunaga orders. And if i well remember Hattori Hanzo is the leader of the Iga ninjas, at least in our timeline.

If we go on the theory Haruhi for time travel, the Mitsuhide's mother death is a fact by default, but this no apply to the Iga ninjas, if this village survives is a big change for the power of medieval Japan.
Old 2012-10-03, 20:28   Link #2096
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by iqamores View Post
We are forgetting a few things that have not been solved yet.

the attempt on the life of Mitsuhide's mother.

the slaughter of the Iga ninja village by Nobunaga orders. And if i well remember Hattori Hanzo is the leader of the Iga ninjas, at least in our timeline.

If we go on the theory Haruhi for time travel, the Mitsuhide's mother death is a fact by default, but this no apply to the Iga ninjas, if this village survives is a big change for the power of medieval Japan.
That some new information, looks like the author is making some new history so it is going to be interesting. Innovations is now taking a rise in the Light Novel, it was going to happen at some point.
Old 2012-10-03, 22:24   Link #2097
Undertaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post

East Japan has Mori and Shimazu who are not exactly pieces of cake either. None of them can rival Takeda though.

If Takeda at his time would have not needed to spend his attention on Kenshin and Houjou (with whom he had allience for some time) and later after the break of Imagawa clan, Tokugawa, Takeda could have been the one to unify Japan with all talentated generals he had.
I would argue with you on that...

It's like saying Kenshin would unified Japan if he shows more ambition, don't forget, while all the battles ends in stalemate, in all of their battle Kenshin usually hold the advantage and it was Shingen that was being suppressed.

And really, you can say that with any of the powerful Daimyo of that time.

Hojo could unify if Shingen didn't exist, Imegawa can do the same it he didn't lost to Nobunaga. Mori would probably made it if not for Oda and Hideyoshi.

Heck, Nobunaga might complete his unification Japan if it wasn't for Honoji or the two Anti-Oda Coalition.

People tends to forget that Shingen and Oda were also allied for a long time and have his son (Takeda Katsuyori) marry Nobunaga's favorite niece and adapted daughter (Toyama-dono).

Shingen betrayed Oda when he thought the coalition would be a chance for him.

He was militarily strong, but his rule has a lot left to be desired that including slavery and force prostitution of those he defeated, Nobunaga at least treats his peasant well and his lands were prosper.

Besides like I said, the one with the strongest title militarily was Kenshin not Shingen consider when they do fight, Shigen was always forced into defensive and suffers larger casualties and Kenshin are the one referred to as 軍神. (God of Military/War)

On Iga ninjas.

Iga ninja is not an actual group but rather a coalition of bunch of ninja villages like Koga ninijas (who are pro Oda and rival to Iga).

Hanzo is not the de facto leader, that was more folklore and fiction setting. Although he is from the Hattori clan (and the successor of that clan) that is one of the three largest Iga ninja clans (伊賀上忍三家, Iga Tri-Sanin Clans) that act as the representative of rest of Iga-ninjas.

The major different between Iga and Koga is that Koga will find a power they for for and stay mostly royal to them and not changing sides depend on the job, while Iga are mercenaries and acts as information brokers to highest bidder. In that sense Koga are spies but Iga are mostly double/triple/quadruple spies.

Hanzo, in essence took the Koga approach when he took his clan and supporter to serve Tokugawa.

With Hanzo serving Tokugawa, Iga ninja was really in control by the other two leaders from the Tri-Sanin Clans, Momochi Tanba (also known as Momochi Sandayu) from Momochi Clan and Fujibayashi Yasutoyo from Fujibayashi Clans

Fujibayashi Yasutoyo was credit to be under employee for Imagawa for a short period of time and was the teacher of Yamamoto Kansuke, Shingen's tactician.

Momochi Tanba was credited to lead the rest of Iga ninja into a prosperity and become a force to be reckon with. Nobunaga was said to ask fro unconditional surrender and their pledge to serve but was declined.

That being said, he really have no choice, who can leave a group of spies in ther territory that refused to serves him and dead set on keeping their mercenary ways...

Last edited by Undertaker; 2012-10-03 at 23:01. Reason: Add Iga ninja info
Undertaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-03, 22:31   Link #2098
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
But more importantly - Takeda is a female. If LN would make Kenshin, the archrival of Takeda, a man then it would be a rivalry with some subtex of romance underneath and I dont think the author wants that.
Why wouldn't he want that?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-03, 22:37   Link #2099
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Why wouldn't he want that?
Majority of the famous figures in the Sengoku era are now female. Seems to break the pattern, it will also follow history. Uesugi Kenshin was one of the few people in the Sengoku era that could have taken on Shingen and Nobunaga on equal footing until drinking got to him or cancer, maybe both. He even defeated Katsuie, in a way if the author didn't make him female it would seem out of sync if you ask me.
Old 2012-10-03, 23:11   Link #2100
Undertaker

Made some edits to my post above,

Also to add a bit more on the Battles of Kawanakajima, the first 4 times not only Kenshin was the one in offensive, he was also the one with less manpower.

With each confrontation Shingen increases more troops from 10,000 to 22,000 and 20,000 in the 3rd and 4th confrontation, while Kenshin maintains his at 8,000-12,000. So his superior militaristic ability to Shingen is without a doubt.

Can's find the detail information on their 5th encounter, no numbers were mentioned and they didn't even skirmish as Kenshin was acting as a decoy and faint in support of Hida regions and Shingen withdrew and refused to engage Kenshin in that encounter that subsequently causes Kenshi to withdrew himself.

Tags
action, alternate universe, ecchi, fake harem, fantasia bunko, ga bunko, harem, historical, romance, sengoku jidai, shounen, true harem