AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-05-06, 09:13   Link #361
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Was going to watch the latest episode but shucks I dunno....what if there's like too many shonen cliches in there with all the cliche asspulls twists and cliche fights and what not, it would just be oh so bad....

Might as well just drop it now cause I mean how could that possibly make for a good anime you know....
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-06, 09:35   Link #362
ShiroiRyu

Was a so so episode.
The fight was not that good sadly !
Old 2012-05-06, 17:36   Link #363
Key Board
Carbon

I'm upset that SSO doesn't have the budget Toei has for Precure
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-06, 18:09   Link #364
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Kouga should thank Souma for getting him to wake up. Eden seems to strong. That headmaster seems weird.
Old 2012-05-07, 01:03   Link #365
xellos2099

The series feel more like Naruto than Saint Seiya series with its elemental technique. I am sorry but I like my Lost Canvas better....
xellos2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-07, 03:04   Link #366
zeth006

Just started watching the series. Koga's and Yuna's voice actors have me stoked. Especially Yuna aka Satsuki Yukino. Gotta love how she can sometimes sound like a sweet, nice gal in all her other voice acting roles. But those moments when she turns into an enraged ogre can be real gems!

EDIT:

Just watched all 6 eps in one sitting, whew! It's not a bad anime at all. Yeah, the good ole' shonen cliches are in. Young man on a quest to become stronger both physically and as a person for the purpose of saving a damsel in distress. Only this time, we actually have a female seiya which is a nice touch. We also have camaraderie and a drive to surpass one another. Yay.

I'll be following this anime from time to time in between job hunting and chillaxing on Diablo 3 once it releases.

Last edited by zeth006; 2012-05-07 at 05:16.
zeth006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-07, 15:01   Link #367
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Underwhelming episode once again, but the next one looks pretty nice. I hope it will finally deliver the awesome action we've come to expect from Umakoshi.

Eden is as much of a badass as we thought he would be. He's definitely a notch about the rest of the cast, except maybe Ryuho and Haruto.
Old 2012-05-07, 17:21   Link #368
Deltaray

dot clicked post by mistake
Deltaray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-12, 17:49   Link #369
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Underwhelming episode once again, but the next one looks pretty nice. I hope it will finally deliver the awesome action we've come to expect from Umakoshi.

Eden is as much of a badass as we thought he would be. He's definitely a notch about the rest of the cast, except maybe Ryuho and Haruto.
And just like you expected, the new episode has what we wanted, extra points for the Geki vs Seiya scene.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-12, 18:12   Link #370
ShiroiRyu

Not saw the episode but this gif ...

Old 2012-05-12, 22:02   Link #371
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiroiRyu View Post
Not saw the episode but this gif ...

If someone could make some sort of avatar from that, I'd love them forever.

Images
scan
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2012-05-13, 03:57   Link #372
Key Board
Carbon

nice episode

It seems that all 4 of the main character saints so far have a personal motivations invested in this

Kouga: Want to confirm if Saori is ok, and failing that, save her.
Souma: Wants to redeem his father's legacy
Ryuho: Wants to heal his father
Yuna: Wants to be a strong saint.. so she doesn't have to bear the burden of losing something precious again. They haven't really explored this.
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-13, 05:15   Link #373
Albafica
Pisces no saint

I watched the episode, and Omega starts to annoy me a bit. It's not Saint Seiya for me. There is no EMOTION. Where is that fundamental element?
The music is too much repetitive and not epic at all. Fights starts to bore me a bit...
I hope that Omega will be better in future because it's really really disappointing.

Spoiler:

It looks like a "new shonen" (and not a good), not like a "Saint seiya" anime.

We need emotion.

The next episode seems more interesting, but I don't think we will have the Soul of Saint Seiya one day on Omega...
Well, we can always hope...
Old 2012-05-13, 05:54   Link #374
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Umakoshi need to make the fight by himself already to save this anime... mother of god HeartCatch Precure already have 3-4 great fight at this point

I only recall eps 5 n little bit in eps 3 that have solid fight animation.. Oh well at least that Yuna henshin scene look nice.
Old 2012-05-13, 06:05   Link #375
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

I like this episode, I especially like how Souma used little fireballs to cause explosion to blind Kouga and then hit him with his middle-tier attack, this is the type of strategic fighting that is severely lacking in the original, need way more of this. It's kind of a shame they resorted to the old "repeat your attack" and he "burns his cosmo and fires his attack and win" of the old but that can't be helped. I guess the only problem with this episode was there wasn't enough build-up for the tension in the battle because they crammed Yuuna's fight in as well, but then between this or the old DBZ/Seiya style "drag each battle for two episode" I much prefer this kind of pacing.

Looks like next episode is going to be getting into the real story, just like how in the original the battle for the gold cloth got interrupted. Should be interesting.
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-13, 06:07   Link #376
Albafica
Pisces no saint

Well, fights are important in a shonen, indeed. But I think the real important thing is the emotion! And it's empty in Omega ...
Old 2012-05-13, 06:25   Link #377
Kazu-kun

I didn't really care much for Kouga and Souma's bromantic fight, but I always like watching Yuuna do her thing, and this episode wasn't exception.

Yuuna's henshin was pretty cool too.
Old 2012-05-13, 06:27   Link #378
ShiroiRyu

I don't see the problem actually.
And in same time :

Will take Yuna, you can have the others.
And don't forget :

Spoiler for Never forget:
Old 2012-05-13, 06:36   Link #379
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albafica View Post
I watched the episode, and Omega starts to annoy me a bit. It's not Saint Seiya for me. There is no EMOTION.
Pretty much my main worry and beef with Omega at the moment.

I mean, so far all the characters have been rather likable. There hasn't been anything particularly bad with Omega, but the emotion's pretty lacking.

I mean, Kurumada's writing has tons of room for criticism, but he never holds back whenever it came to building emotions and COSMO into his series.

Granted, sometimes it becomes a little awkward when he introduces elements like
Spoiler:

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.

Last edited by Nightengale; 2012-05-13 at 06:51.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-13, 07:49   Link #380
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Well about the lack of emotion, to be fair we hasn't seeing the saints fight to the death (read: being abused by their enemies and sacrificing for their beloved Athena) yet like in the original.
So.. yeah there's no extreme demonstration of masochism from such like Shiryuu, Hyouga and Seiya at this point for increasing intensity and emotion

Tags
action, shounen